IGNORED

Season 20 Round 13 - Bram Stoker's Dracula

asponge

6 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

There needs to be a way to harm the ghosts. Most of the time it's just jumping.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but you can kill everything in the game except for the mini-bosses, which you just need to dodge until they leave.    Well, to the best of my knowledge, you can't kill those.  If there's a way and I just haven't found it, that'd be awesome.  But yeah, everything else can killed easily, even the ghosts.  Just hit it, or chuck a rock at it or something.

I rewatched the movie this weekend, and critique aside, it is definitely an interesting choice of film to adapt to a video game ? There are quite a number of scenes that we didn’t get levels to ? ? I’m now interpreting the miniboss lady in white ghosts as Lucy.

Since Keanu is closer in age to Bill & Ted in this movie than, let’s say, John Wick ?, I just kept seeing Ted in the scenes. I’ve been cracking myself up with, “Dracula turned Lucy into a vampire? Most heinous.”

image.gif.fd0e2cffbb41d9b8ba82f644e379a416.gif

16 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

yeah, I had none left, was at the final area and the time ran out

Just checking that you didn't use any continues (you start with zero). This game actually continues your score when you continue, which would inflate anyone's score who accidentally continues.

I don't like how some enemies such as ghosts materialize right in front of you giving no time to react. I also don't like how the timer doesn't reset when you die.

At least the graphics are very good which should be the case since this is a late period NES game.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 5:03 PM, Razzie.P said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but you can kill everything in the game except for the mini-bosses, which you just need to dodge until they leave.    Well, to the best of my knowledge, you can't kill those.  If there's a way and I just haven't found it, that'd be awesome.  But yeah, everything else can killed easily, even the ghosts.  Just hit it, or chuck a rock at it or something.

like this?

Scary Movie 4 (1/10) Movie CLIP - Let the Game Begin (2006) HD - YouTube

Wooooh, broke 100k!

BSD - 110,490

1274EB44-BF6A-419B-BD92-927ADF788F98.thumb.jpeg.d73d4e9f73688fd6da5e4c6d21de60d5.jpeg

Made it to scene 5 night, but I’m having a helluva time getting past the mini boss. This guide has some tips (and identifies her as the bride, which makes sense, except she looks like a dude in a Russian hat in level 5). I only got past her once there, and didn’t last much further. 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/nes/587155-bram-stokers-dracula/faqs/19026

How far is everyone else getting?

• Like 1

Grabbed a diamond that slipped away and found Van Helsing in level 6. Lost at the 6 night bride again. Between the timer not resetting (was brought back at level 5 boss with 2 seconds left, no joke, before it gave me more time) and not getting health refilled on death, the game really doesn’t throw you any bones that are expected and come standard in others. At least extra lives and continues are there, and I think they give an extra life at a certain score. Really want to finish this one!

F2764E77-8AC9-42D8-95B7-E467BF14521B.thumb.jpeg.14bbba169d1ff6f9fbdfb5fd1ab49ffa.jpeg

17 minutes ago, asponge said:

Sorry guys, I'm going to extend this one the rest of the week until Sunday.  I just don't have the time right now to pick something proper and get it posted.

That's fine. I might give it some more tries then!