IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

7 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Not even joking, why I.E. never considered to hire you for PR is beyond me. You've done more to handle criticism of the Amico in a professional manner than anyone at I.E.   For all these years you've been able to keep a consistent tone and delivery when replying to people, it's actually rather impressive and I find myself appreciating this a lot more now.  I do think from time to time you still try and downplay some legit issues as not being a big deal, but overall I do appreciate how cordial you've always been. 

Yeah but in the end he/she never replies to direct questions on his/her involvement with IE, if any.
It has been asked multiple times if he/she is an investor or has any tie to IE to no avail. Usually those questions led to a couple of days of hiatus, I think @GoldLeader asked again a couple of days ago or so.

I think he/she stated he/she does not have any pre-order money tied up, other than that though why it's so important pointing out that mr Allard did anything at all is beyond me, even the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J_Allard reports that all mentions of his involvement with IE have been attempted to be erased ... aka he did not like it there, something not pleasant went on and even the SEC filing states "no material involvement" which really means "nothing of substance" aka "a fart in the wind" aka "he made no difference", aka "suggesting to shorten the startup sequence is quite literally a NOP at his level", it does not matter if we use the words "he did nothing" vs "he almost did nothing" vs "he did not do anything foundational" ... they all lead to the same result, his contribution is negligible at best and NULL (nil for Pascal programmers) at worse ... unclear how much he was paid/not-paid in his role(s).

Other than that @mr_me does keep a detached, unemotional demeanor on his/her posts, sometimes a little mechanically so to speak but hey, better than insults.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Matt_B said:

I recall saying a couple of years back that the best move for the Amico would be to cancel the hardware and port all the games to the Switch instead.

It'd be kinda funny if that's what ends up happening, although I've a feeling that they've probably left it a bit late to even manage that properly.

It could be a problem for a few games for which they got a license, like Breakout and Moon Patrol though. Like someone suggested, Atari could pick Breakout but they could also consider it would hurt their own Breakout: Recharged... Don't forget that games like Cornhole, Dynablaster, and Evel Knievel are also under license technically, even if they're probably cheap.

By the way, Tommy explained several times they wouldn't offer Moon Patrol or Breakout are pack-ins because they're licensed games, but Cornhole is included and under ACL license. I always found that weird (except if that license is actually "free" but IE never mentioned it to make the "partnership" look fantastic I guess ?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

By the way, Tommy explained several times they wouldn't offer Moon Patrol or Breakout are pack-ins because they're licensed games, but Cornhole is included and under ACL license. I always found that weird (except if that license is actually "free" but IE never mentioned it to make the "partnership" look fantastic I guess ?)

Depends how the license is structured.  If they pay a royalty per unit then they wouldn't want it as a packin.  If they pay a flat fee license than it wouldn't matter.

3 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Yeah but in the end he/she never replies to direct questions on his/her involvement with IE, if any.
It has been asked multiple times if he/she is an investor or has any tie to IE to no avail. Usually those questions led to a couple of days of hiatus, I think @GoldLeader asked again a couple of days ago or so.

...even the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J_Allard reports that all mentions of his involvement with IE have been attempted to be erased ... aka he did not like it there, something not pleasant went on and even the SEC filing states "no material involvement" ...

Why would anyone think I'm an investor. Have I suggested the Amico is good, that people should buy it?  And it's not true that I didn't answer.  And I just contribute with already publicly shared information, no inside information to suggest involvement with the company.

So did Allard himself try to edit his Wikipedia page?  The SEC file also said that Allard helped the company in the final stages of Amico hardware development, and that quote from the SEC file is not correct, this is what it said: "during that time, Mr. Allard served as a full-time advisor to Intellivision, helping Intellivision in the final stages of Amico hardware development"; "after this work of his was completed, Mr. Allard ceased serving as a full-time advisor, but has remained available to give advice when contacted by Intellivision"; and "considering his contributions overall, Mr. Allard has not played a material role in Amico product development."

Edited by mr_me

12 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Why would anyone think I'm an investor. Have I suggested the Amico is good, that people should buy it?  And it's not true that I didn't answer.

The reason they might think that, is that you are constantly defending (or appear to be defending) this (may never be) product...Or at least answering in a very positive way,...Let's make that optimistic way, which in and of itself is not bad.  Also you have been very civil and consistent.   I applaud you for that.  A lot of hate if you must call it that, is not directed at you,  but they wonder why you'd defend certain things.  I have no idea if this will ever come out or not,  (and I wanted it to succeed, and I still want people to get their consoles),   but I did see a pattern from the CEO.  If we took everything he said at face value,...Well, he'd probably still be CEO,  Money would still be there from investors, Market Research would have given us a proven winner,... It would have launched, games would be done, ...backend, ecosystem, online store all would be handled;  We'd probably be seeing those millions of dollars in marketing being spent...

Now,  Technically,  Yes I got an answer of sorts...via PM.   Or at least a response from you.   I didn't share as I figured you would answer here, namely because I thought you said it was OK for people to ask.  Answering, whether concretely or even vaguely via PM suggested to me you didn't want the answer here, so out of respect to you, I didn't explain that to people.

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

It could be a problem for a few games for which they got a license, like Breakout and Moon Patrol though. Like someone suggested, Atari could pick Breakout but they could also consider it would hurt their own Breakout: Recharged... Don't forget that games like Cornhole, Dynablaster, and Evel Knievel are also under license technically, even if they're probably cheap.

We had never seen any ACL branding on Cornhole so I'm doubtful the pack in is using that.

18 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I’ll be disappointed (again) if this debacle doesn’t end up as a Documentary or movie of some kind.

Who out there wants to pick up the torch and run with it? Lol

CASTING CALL!!!  Who do you get to play TT?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

Depends how the license is structured.  If they pay a royalty per unit then they wouldn't want it as a packin.  If they pay a flat fee license than it wouldn't matter.

Why would anyone think I'm an investor. Have I suggested the Amico is good, that people should buy it?  And it's not true that I didn't answer.  And I just contribute with already publicly shared information, no inside information to suggest involvement with the company.

So did Allard himself try to edit his Wikipedia page?  The SEC file also said that Allard helped the company in the final stages of Amico hardware development, and that quote from the SEC file is not correct, this is what it said: "during that time, Mr. Allard served as a full-time advisor to Intellivision, helping Intellivision in the final stages of Amico hardware development"; "after this work of his was completed, Mr. Allard ceased serving as a full-time advisor, but has remained available to give advice when contacted by Intellivision"; and "considering his contributions overall, Mr. Allard has not played a material role in Amico product development."

Yep. We ran into things like this constantly. People (particularly with a conflicting narrative they wished to portray) would engage in wikiwar.

No need to read more than the first line or so to get the idea

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

Ok dude, for real, how much is TT and/or IE paying you?  Not even joking, you seem to be the whiteknight that girls dream of and men dream of becoming!!  NO ONE should be this vocally supportive of something when it is beyond obvious the item has failed before it has, or ever will hit the market as a real product!  If you are not somehow affiliated/paid/employed by them, then there is a level of obsession that is beyond reproach....teetering on obsession/creepy!!  My opinion only!!

5 minutes ago, lawdawg710 said:

Ok dude, for real, how much is TT and/or IE paying you?  Not even joking, you seem to be the whiteknight that girls dream of and men dream of becoming!!  NO ONE should be this vocally supportive of something when it is beyond obvious the item has failed before it has, or ever will hit the market as a real product!  If you are not somehow affiliated/paid/employed by them, then there is a level of obsession that is beyond reproach....teetering on obsession/creepy!!  My opinion only!!

What, in that comment quoted above, is supportive of the company?  These comments don't say anything about the product failing to release or not.  I'm just responding to others, there are people here who insist on keeping the discussion alive and it isn't me.

Just now, mr_me said:

What, in that comment quoted above, is supportive of the company?  These comments don't say anything about the product failing to release or not.  I'm just responding to others, there are people here who insist on keeping the discussion alive and it isn't me.

Holy crap dude, you are literally shilling for that company!!!  Your ability to continually try and dismiss what others say about the Amico, IE and TT is bordering Rainman levels of obssessive.....for real!!

Don't wake up the moderators. They know we're here, but they'll usually take a back seat unless they need to.

mr_me is obviously not a shill... he just knows the history and documents better than most of the rest of us, which is all fine and good.

• Like 3

@MrBeefy

Back to our timeline and events in critical year 2020:

The date on this is early August, but obviously recorded prior to the posted date.

We've seen plenty of posting about pandemic, speculating about their reaction, would they adapt, etc.

This is short but speaks to that.

I'd start at about 7:20 so as not to miss the major point

We can safely conclude there were meetings/discussions prior but the result is clear. "no compromise"

Next in sequence (I hope you remember) were the comments meant to assure people they were not going to just sit there doing nothing, even though they made it clear they can not build etc. at this juncture.

Exact words are not that important, but the thought expressed was they would make use of the time through improvements/tweaks etc.

If there are no objections to my characterization I'll post about "time spent" later.

Edited by number6
spelling
  • Like 2

Anyone think they will ever do another Flashback?

Screenshot_20220717-185312_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0a81faf1cd6fc01c51e072449be2bbc5.jpg

Did that device come out? The one that had the same TV as when he was a kid because ONLY THE BEST!

Wow great example as to 1) How defensive the CEO is about his weak/flailing product and 2) Blames others for his crap communication.

Screenshot_20220717-192839_Chrome.thumb.jpg.569b2484fcaec258346cc79b7faf7acd.jpgScreenshot_20220717-192851_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d83018c8cf48861d9b84c58a97e03fbd.jpg

@ColecoJoe You're pathetic ???

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, number6 said:

@MrBeefy

Back to our timeline and events in critical year 2020:

The date on this is early August, but obviously recorded prior.

We've seen plenty of posting about pandemic, speculating about their reaction, would they adapt, etc.

This is short but speaks to that.

I'd start at about 7:20 so as not to miss the major point

We can safely conclude there were meeting/discussions prior but the result is clear. "no compromise"

Next in sequence (I hope you remember) were the comments meant to assure people they were not going to just sit there doing nothing, even though they made it clear they can not build etc. at this juncture.

Exact words are not that important, but the thought expressed was they would make use of the time through improvements/tweaks etc.

If there are no objections to my characterization I'll post about "time spent" later.

If you remember they had those firmware job openings just a few months prior to that video. 

At that point it was too late to manufacture without having the OS finished. So the compromise is it wasn't buttoned up on time and they had to push it back. His high quality vs not is probably our functional console vs busted console.

Another thing to remember is they had also yet to pass FCC which is a reoccurring theme and still is a problem to this day.

Iirc they didn't order some of the needed parts ordered until late 2020. I think they took November off that year too.

Time spent will be a fun one. ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

If you remember they had those firmware job openings just a few months prior to that video. 

At that point it was too late to manufacture without having the OS finished. So the compromise is it wasn't buttoned up on time and they had to push it back. His high quality vs not is probably our functional console vs busted console.

Another thing to remember is they had also yet to pass FCC which is a reoccurring theme and still is a problem to this day.

Iirc they didn't order some of the needed parts ordered until late 2020. I think they took November off that year too.

Time spent will be a fun one. ?

If you can assist by providing the video link to back this up I'll appreciate it. Until then I shall simply summarize and wait for objections to my characterization of an event. heh.

Preface: I can't control whether people chose to laugh at this. Again, it's just me and this is my ultimate example of just how detailed the "no compromise" dream/experience had been envisioned.

(1)Tommy goes in a room where an employee is standing. There is a straight table on which the console (galaxy) is resting.

(2)Tommy places a controller in the console and begins talking about the particular "click" you would hear when you do this.

(3)He mentions how wrong this is.

(4)Basically the talk moves to how he went about changing this, which (correct me if wrong)even involved changing the plastic on the console in order to get the correct tone out of the click he thought sounded better.

Again, this is just me and the creative vs business side. This illustrates just how detailed the vision of what things should be had become.

Seriously, any detail or corrections to the basic description above are welcome.

Edited by number6
spelling

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

Ok one more piece of info, you are not an investor, now last piece is what ties, if any, do you have with IE or any of the people involved. (for all we know you may be a second cousin of Alvarado OR if we luck out you are Steven Victor Tallarico and you're making sure "we are not missing a thing" ....).

On the Allard piece the fact that the document had to spell out "considering his contributions overall, Mr. Allard has not played a material role in Amico product development." during a last ditch effort investor seeking action, tells all you need to know ... aka ... "if you plan on investing based on mr Allard contributions you probably shouldn't" (yes it is my interpretation, but so is for your case in which you try to present him as if he did something relevant wrt Amico and in so doing somewhat justifying the ex CEO name dropping even after the fact .... the document says he did not).
It does not mean he did nothing, it just means whatever he attempted ended up discarded, severely reduced or outright opposed and "overall" (direct doc words) he played "no material role" (also direct doc words) .... you can speak about immaterial role and immaterial contributions if you want but that's besides the point.
We have no idea what he attempted to do, what direction he wanted to take etc... we do know none of that resulted in anything tangible (aka material) as the doc says.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree, you don’t need to read between the lines to see that SEC smacked IE’s hand hard enough for even the thickest of heads in the Irvine office to get the message. Allard’s profile disappeared from all marketing material, including the Republic fundraising page, soon after that letter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3