IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

5 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

Shipping empty boxes are they? 🤡

No, they include a signed picture of Tommy, a A5 reversible poster, a sheet of stickers, a CD of the best soundtracks created by Tommy Tallarico (6 tracks!), a numbered certificate of authenticity, and most of all...

...a code to download a PDF to print and create your own papercraft Amico!! 🎊

Wouldn't that be something?™️

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

No, they include a signed picture of Tommy, a A5 reversible poster, a sheet of stickers, a CD of the best soundtracks created by Tommy Tallarico (6 tracks!), a numbered certificate of authenticity, and most of all...

...a code to download a PDF to print and create your own papercraft Amico!! 🎊

Wouldn't that be something?™️

An OrigAmico might be the closest people get to one. 

There was a lot of talk about the physical stuff. What was everyone's reasoning for buying it, if you did?

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2022 at 5:20 PM, mr_me said:

The former CEO and the CFO do not have near enough shares to control the company so the other board members are very much involved in the decision making. 

This is flat out wrong. Who told you this? This is not how boards operate in relation to CEOs/CFOs. I speak as someone who has been on boards AND as someone who has served as CEO. Boards are not involved in decision making and they’re level of involvement isn’t based on who has the most shares. A board’s function is to hire/fire the CEO/Director according to their overall goals for the company.  The CEO’s role is to perform to the level agreed upon when hired. They do not run the operations of the company beyond that. What you’ve said here is, in fact, so incorrect it calls into question the veracity of all your other responses. Where are you pulling your information from? What is your job and area of expertise? I’m not saying you are lying but in this case you are badly misinformed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

This is flat out wrong. Who told you this? This is not how boards operate in relation to CEOs/CFOs. I speak as someone who has been on boards AND as someone who has served as CEO. Boards are not involved in decision making and they’re level of involvement isn’t based on who has the most shares. A board’s function is to hire/fire the CEO/Director according to their overall goals for the company.  The CEO’s role is to perform to the level agreed upon when hired. They do not run the operations of the company beyond that. What you’ve said here is, in fact, so incorrect it calls into question the veracity of all your other responses. Where are you pulling your information from? What is your job and area of expertise? I’m not saying you are lying but in this case you are badly misinformed.

Mr Me clearly operates in AmicoLand, where money is stolen from pre order folks, CEO exaggerates profusely and bloviates often, marketing hasn’t started and if you question anything, then clearly said product is not for you and already been discussed.

Wouldn’t that be something if ALL companies, boards and CEO’s operated this way??

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

Did I say that board members involvement depends on the number of shares.  I was just pointing out that all the founding partners and board members do have their own money in the company and if the company fails so goes their investment.

As far as day to day operations, yes the CEO and CFO have authority, as I've said. The board decides who the top executives are and those executives answer to the board.  The board establishes direction for the company that top executives carry out, the board should be involved in major decisions, as executives have to consider what the board would want.  The board answers to the share holders.  If a couple people have majority shares they can decide the makeup of the board.  Ultimately majority shares controls the company, doesn't matter who has it. I pointed out that those two people don't have it.

Where's the disagreement and why is this subject being discussed.

Edited by mr_me

Did I say that board members involvement depends on the number of shares.

On 8/14/2022 at 5:20 PM, mr_me said:

The former CEO and the CFO do not have near enough shares to control the company so the other board members are very much involved in the decision making. 

lol

Edited by zapzapzac
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

Those two statements aren't the same thing.  If two people have majority shares they can dictate the makeup of the board and control the company, those two people don't even have to be board members.  That's not saying board member involvement depends on the number of shares.  A board member doesn't have to have any shares at all.

Edited by mr_me

On 8/14/2022 at 3:58 PM, CurlyQ said:

Wouldn't That Be Something?™ I'd like to bear witness to a working version of that as well. 🙂

Prove me wrong, but an 8 player Amico re-imagined version of Major League Baseball (in theory) would be an awesome time with friends and family. Some people harp on the early demo graphics/presentation but great gameplay always trumps graphics imo.

BTW, bench clearing brawls confirmed!

This guy is working on 8 player Baseball as we speak.

"Power goes in, 8 players comes out."

Powergoesin.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

Mr Me clearly operates in AmicoLand,

Now NintendoLand on the WiiU was a blast to play with family. AmicoLand would be something to strive for. That one game on WiiU out Amico's the Amico.

Man now I want to play some NintendoLand tonight.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

marketing hasn’t started

By the way, since they haven't spent a cent for marketing™️ yet according to the the artist formerly known as Intellivision Entertainment's CEO, why don't they use the marketing money to refund pre-orders? 🤔 Oh wait. 😅

(fun fact: my browser doesn't like the word "preorder" even when I spell it "pre-order". It suggests "per-order" or "pee-order" though - the latter sounding very Kevtrish)

So what do you think? Did they actually spend marketing money after all or wasn't there any marketing money to begin with? In any case, 'someone' lied. Wouldn't that be something?™️

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

By the way, since they haven't spent a cent for marketing™️ yet according to the the artist formerly known as Intellivision Entertainment's CEO, why don't they use the marketing money to refund pre-orders? 🤔 Oh wait. 😅

(fun fact: my browser doesn't like the word "preorder" even when I spell it "pre-order". It suggests "per-order" or "pee-order" though - the latter sounding very Kevtrish)

So what do you think? Did they actually spend marketing money after all or wasn't there any marketing money to begin with? In any case, 'someone' lied. Wouldn't that be something?™️

When they were talking multi-million dollar budgets for marketing back in 2019, they didn't have the money. They didn't have all the money for game development either. Back then they were still working on hardware prototypes and developer units, expecting to take on more investors in 2020.  That didn't happen as planned.  The Republic/Fig campaign came short, they lost money in a dispute with their manufacturer, delays costing them overhead.  And since they can't manufacture a hundred thousand units, they no longer need a multi-million dollar marketing budget.