IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

There is zero chance of this being a success at this point, relative or otherwise, even based off of their original modest targets. That ship sailed a few years ago. All I personally hope for now is to get the system I paid for and be able to play all the games I paid for. I don't consider either likely, especially the ALL the games I paid for thing as I suspect quite a few of those games won't even make it out at this point. They were some cocky SOBs at points and it's clear that us taking them at their words was foolish, since they clearly flat out lied about so very much. Not good for the old reputations.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

There is zero chance of this being a success at this point, relative or otherwise, even based off of their original modest targets. That ship sailed a few years ago. All I personally hope for now is to get the system I paid for and be able to play all the games I paid for. I don't consider either likely, especially the ALL the games I paid for thing as I suspect quite a few of those games won't even make it out at this point. They were some cocky SOBs at points and it's clear that us taking them at their words was foolish, since they clearly flat out lied about so very much. Not good for the old reputations.

A very safe prediction! I hope you get back whatever money you put into it. I guess there's some historical interest in it for the completists? I don't understand why anyone else would want this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Because of my meds, I often can't produce an Amico for 4 to 5 days (before producing a lot of them in one manufacture run fortunately). 😔

You sir need a special Amico! 

1 hour ago, rayik said:

One needs to weigh the credibility of what IE says and have that analysis as part  of the conversation. There is no point in having a discussion without considering whether what IE says is believable. 

Is there any evidence at this point that backs up anything they have said over the years? Most everything I see points at no.

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Don't be such a hater!

More importantly, I think this means they won't get Activision games. 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SegaSnatcher said:

So, does anyone think the previous CEO is still involved in any meaningful capacity anymore?  

Well he's the president and Chief Creative Officer so I would hope he's doing stuff.

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

In terms of actually doing stuff, I'd doubt it.

Glad to know there is some consistency in the world of Amico.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

So, does anyone think the previous CEO is still involved in any meaningful capacity anymore?  

Not at all.   His involvement at this point is TRYING to remove all evidence he was ever a part of it.   His father sadly passed away at the end of last year, so like over a million other Americans he lost a loved one.  Unlike many Americans however, Tommy has used it as an excuse to disappear and dodge responsibility.    
Sounds harsh, but that seemed to be the final word he gave all his YT buddies he chatted with before his disappearance. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Not at all.   His involvement at this point is TRYING to remove all evidence he was ever a part of it.   His father sadly passed away at the end of last year, so like over a million other Americans he lost a loved one.  Unlike many Americans however, Tommy has used it as an excuse to disappear and dodge responsibility.    
Sounds harsh, but that seemed to be the final word he gave all his YT buddies he chatted with before his disappearance. 

Actually, it will be funny if he starts coming back because he feels the Amico will release after all (imagine the limited release goes well and there's some good press for some reason), then disappears again when it ends up being a 'false alarm'. 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Funny you mention that about the games some of us bought.  I asked for my VIP access $100 back, never got it.  And I bought all the boxes games thinking like any collector does, that I need to get the first issues before they sell out.  Now I wonder IF the system ever comes out, are those games even going to work?  Or did I just buy a bunch of artowrk on props that are blank. 

The world may never know...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IMBerzerk said:

Funny you mention that about the games some of us bought.  I asked for my VIP access $100 back, never got it.  And I bought all the boxes games thinking like any collector does, that I need to get the first issues before they sell out.  Now I wonder IF the system ever comes out, are those games even going to work?  Or did I just buy a bunch of artowrk on props that are blank. 

Well, we literally did buy game packages without the games. It's basically a digital voucher, so if the games aren't available on the digital store for whatever reason, then we're absolutely not getting them. That's definitely what I was implying in my comment. 

I did see these for sale on eBay quite a while back. There was minimal interest, I suppose for obvious reasons. It's hard to predict collectability in the future, but it's not something I'm counting on having notable value in the future should we never have an opportunity to break the seals.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

309946AE-9E0E-4734-AA86-0C8AAE7FC61F.thumb.jpeg.d963091a75f7ded5438e0f0b8c2a5757.jpeg

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

8 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Well, we literally did buy game packages without the games. It's basically a digital voucher, so if the games aren't available on the digital store for whatever reason, then we're absolutely not getting them. That's definitely what I was implying in my comment. 

I did see these for sale on eBay quite a while back. There was minimal interest, I suppose for obvious reasons. It's hard to predict collectability in the future, but it's not something I'm counting on having notable value in the future should we never have an opportunity to break the seals.

Don't be negative haters! Haven't you seen the intro for Moon Patrol? Focus groups suggest this is their favorite opening of all the physical product.

5 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

^From a month ago,...

In case it hasn't been mentioned;  Here's Pat and Ian's take:  (I'm just getting around to it myself)...

It is quite interesting with a lot of wishcasting, and some lies. Fun stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, rayik said:

Wow.  This is deliberate deception by TT and IE.  

I wish I could say it is a surprise, but it isn't. What is funny is that the full context is basically the exact thing Pat and Ian said in the beginning.

7 hours ago, CMR said:

The worst part out of all this is Tommy proving those guys right.

I don't 100% agree with the statement. In fact Tommy proved them wrong as he obviously can't/couldn't do it. :P

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

But... But... Amico is the friends they made that betrayed them along the way! 🥺

How many of them are left? Also if you want to have a fun time testing reading comprehension, check out their latest stream. They were acting like IE said things in the update that they didn't.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, famicommander said:

Pretty embarrassing that this second rate conman was protected so vigorously here.

It really is a shame.   Even worse that the offenders here at AtariAge are dealing with it like Intellivision Entertainment:  Never acknowledge any wrongdoing, act like it never happened, pray it all goes away.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

It really is a shame.   Even worse that the offenders here at AtariAge are dealing with it like Intellivision Entertainment:  Never acknowledge any wrongdoing, act like it never happened, pray it all goes away.

But we will remember. As they say in Texas, don't forget the Amico! 😤

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Or have done a Tommy and disappeared completely. I wont name any names though, I don't want it to seem like I'm holding a Grudge.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4