IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

34 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Speaking of...

DJC and friends' coverage of the Amico these days is just totally beyond the point where it can be seen as funny. Last week they were literally making stuff up when covering Phil's email to try and make it sound good. They will say absolutely anything, no matter how clearly false it is, just to attempt to defend Intellivision. It's even too much to be embarrassing, it's just insanity.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

There’s a full list of all the usernames who were formerly shadowbanned. That’s more like it. 

lolol paprium_fiasco!  Dont' know the user, that's just hilarious in reference to this.  I mean, at least a few people actually got that game eventually, riiite?  :)

Too much fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

DJC and friends' coverage of the Amico these days is just totally beyond the point where it can be seen as funny. Last week they were literally making stuff up when covering Phil's email to try and make it sound good. They will say absolutely anything, no matter how clearly false it is, just to attempt to defend Intellivision. It's even too much to be embarrassing, it's just insanity.

I don't watch them because I know they will either have a bad take or just push the company lies. Like that video pointed out DJC has a stake in the company to do well. The fact that he doesn't say that at the opening of every Amico video goes against FTC I believe. He's just lucky in the grand scheme of things he's a nobody pushing a flop console that basically nobody knows about.

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

There’s a full list of all the usernames who were formerly shadowbanned. That’s more like it. 

Man if they spent that much time on their console they would have released 2 years ago.

• Like 5

On 9/7/2022 at 7:03 PM, MrBeefy said:

I was attacked, called thermonuclear butthurt

That'd make an awesome band name 

On 9/7/2022 at 7:03 PM, MrBeefy said:

had members go after my work

How did something like that go down?  Like, members find out where you work (which is odd) and call them up to say something like "that piece of crap, Beefy doesn't like Amico.  Figured you might wanna fire him?"

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, Wayler said:

I'm sorry you had to go through that, I can't imagine how I would have handled it. But to be clear, I'm not criticizing how things went before and how some individuals were mistreated. That was only one part of this bizarre, confounding and most of all, entertaining mess. I'm talking about how things are handled now. This is not about one mod making a booboo and aww chucks, it was just one part forum but look here we got other funtime places to enjoy.

The Amico is a multimillion dollar scam. Atari Age was a huge platform for that scam. Atari Age now tries to hide all involvement in said scam.

You can't heal cancer by hiding. It needs to be looked at, examined and then treated for not to effect the whole. The situation now though:

71O-AISA91L._AC_SX522_.jpg

I don't think it was a scam, but a failure.  I know people haven't been getting their refunds, but that's probably because the money from investors has dried up.  Intellivision has no cash flow outside of a few digital game releases, and the company is probably being propped up by investors who just want to get the company to a point where they can sell it off.  Just hope they don't go bankrupt.  No one is getting a refund then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CMR said:

I don't think it was a scam, but a failure.  I know people haven't been getting their refunds, but that's probably because the money from investors has dried up.  Intellivision has no cash flow outside of a few digital game releases, and the company is probably being propped up by investors who just want to get the company to a point where they can sell it off.  Just hope they don't go bankrupt.  No one is getting a refund then.

If looked solely at the Amico with no other reference points and giving someone the benefit of the doubt, then yeah, I can understand why one would be reluctant to call it an outright scam.

But I don't think you should look at the Amico that way. There's a mountain of evidence of how Tommy's life and achievements have been categorically proven false or at least grossly misinterpreted.

From photoshopped t-shirts, fake lamborghinis, bought out Guinness records and falsified composer credits to actual federal fraud. And Nick Richards and Hans Ippich have their share of other shady dealings in the past. Now that the "official" Amico reddit is in good hands, you can read all about the wacky shenanigans these rascals have been up to, if you haven't gotten around yet.

Now, is it a failed or a successful scam, that is another question. If there are no legal repercussions in the end, I'd be inclined to call it a slight success.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

That'd make an awesome band name 

How did something like that go down?  Like, members find out where you work (which is odd) and call them up to say something like "that piece of crap, Beefy doesn't like Amico.  Figured you might wanna fire him?"

Ha I agree on the band name.

It is really a TLDR on how pathetic the whole Amico thing turned out.

Spoiler

Nevermind

1 hour ago, CMR said:

I think guaranteeing a fully 100% refund at anytime and running out of money is enough to make it a scam. If they really meant that, all preorder money would have been protected and not touched for other areas. 

On a more funny note...

I hope Dorkalicious go for the hat trick and does another midnight release video this year.

The Amico is really starting to remind me of the Knight Rider 2600 project with all the hard work going into it.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There's no reason why it can't be both a failure and a scam.

On the one hand they consistently oversold how far from completion the project was, the state of their finances, how much retail demand they had, and that's a scam.

On the other, they seem to have spent four years and spaffed seventeen million bucks against the wall to come up with practically nothing of value. That's a failure, all right.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, CMR said:

I don't think it was a scam, but a failure.  I know people haven't been getting their refunds, but that's probably because the money from investors has dried up. 

I feel they crossed pretty clearly into “scam” territory at some point, when they started deliberately misrepresenting their progress to reel in more $$$ from the masses without properly disclosing vital info.  And that's not even factoring in the refund fiasco. 

I haven’t (and don’t) follow this obsessively, so I’m sure many others signs emerged way back when -- but an example where I felt a little nauseous at seeing this was the “unboxing” video that was presented as “look how close to the finish line we truly are!” with no indication whatsoever that it was just a beat up, hand assembled mock –up type of thing.  I personally know more than 1 person who saw that and thought “there’s a new console about to launch.  They’re already completed and doing unboxings!” 

Which would go a long way help ease the worries of any potential investor since the truth about it wasn’t mentioned in any way

It was deliberately dishonest.  It was unethical.  And based on how other scams were treated over similar behavior (like our good ol’ Fyre Festival) really seems like It was illegal.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, famicommander said:

They took money while knowingly advancing provably false claims. That's the definition of a scam. That they, at some point, probably actually intended to and maybe believed they could make a console doesn't change that.

Good post.

I agree - the first part:  "They took money while knowingly advancing provably false claims" = scam.

The second part: "they, at some point, probably actually intended to and maybe believed they could make a console" = hubris.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lost Monkey said:

Good post.

I agree - the first part:  "They took money while knowingly advancing provably false claims" = scam.

The second part: "they, at some point, probably actually intended to and maybe believed they could make a console" = hubris.

These are good points. You can easily point to the day they took anyone's money as at least the starting point of the scam.

The console was not ready and they totally needed that money to help float the company. So end of 2019 to early 2020 it was completely a scam. All throughout 2020 they kept lying about the possibility of it coming out.

If you were watching closely you could see any progress come to a halt at the end of 2019. They lost their investor and needed to crowdfund. The fact that we are almost two years since the initial launch and they just now created the first manufacturing unit shows it was all smoke to get more money.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2022 at 11:58 PM, MrBeefy said:

Ha I agree on the band name.

It is really a TLDR on how pathetic the whole Amico thing turned out.

Reveal hidden contents

Nevermind

I think guaranteeing a fully 100% refund at anytime and running out of money is enough to make it a scam. If they really meant that, all preorder money would have been protected and not touched for other areas. 

On a more funny note...

I hope Dorkalicious go for the hat trick and does another midnight release video this year.

The Amico is really starting to remind me of the Knight Rider 2600 project with all the hard work going into it.

Aw man- why the heat on the hard work team? They never stole money, and Hardwork was always polite, even if he never listened to anyone. He was naive, not an asshole.  That thread will never not be funny, whereas the TT thread is, at times, rage inducing. Between the two I’d trust Hardwork with my money over TT.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Aw man- why the heat on the hard work team? They never stole money, and Hardwork was always polite, even if he never listened to anyone. He was naive, not an asshole.  That thread will never not be funny, whereas the TT thread is, at times, rage inducing. Between the two I’d trust Hardwork with my money over TT.

True. Tommy was naive on a grander scale. Maybe it could be revisited on April 1st of every year? That would be fitting. April 1st, Amico Fools Day.

So anyone want to take bets on if the Neo Breakout is what was going to be Amico Breakout?

https://www.player2gamestore.nl/a-74842785/pre-orders/ps4-atari-50-the-anniversary-collection-pre-order/#description