IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Someone over on the Reddit group managed to get their deposit refunded by Fig, so I thought I'd get the word around that there's another potential avenue for getting your money back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Intellivision_Amico/comments/xcjhxr/my_refund_request_submitted_june_1st_is_actually/

It's not clear whether Intellivision themselves played any active part in this. It's possibly just another case of defaulting the way of the backer due to their inaction, like with Paypal refunds and credit card chargebacks.

Anyway, that's about as good news as you're likely to get where the Amico is concerned.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I like how every point is point #1. 

They surprisingly left open comments. This may be the smartest person asking questions.

This is positive news, though I have a few questions:

1) Will investors be given revenue share on the games you are licensing elsewhere? On what basis will the share be calculated?

2) Who is manufacturing the pilot run, where are they being made and how many units are being made?

3) Is the same manufacturer of the pilot run making the first full production run? Is the contract for that secured? Do you have all the necessary parts in hand? How many units will be made?

4) I have seen that you ceased your preorders with Gamestop. You had stated you had 100,000 units presold to retailers, with the removal of Gamestop what is the updated figure now?

5) Is there an updated release date for the console? If not, when do you expect to be able to provide one, or what conditions need to be satisfied before you can do so?

Thank you and best of luck going forward!

I'm sure it will be ignored but here are my predictions.

1) No

2) New IE Secret Lair, also known as someone's mother's basement. Be sure to bring the double sided tape. 25 units

3) Maybe, no, no, 0.

4) preorders < 6000

5) Go watch DJC and stop asking questions that make us uncomfortable!

Also instead of sending us luck, could you send a check instead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

They did that on purpose to troll you.

... Or maybe to prove how much the world needs educational games on the Amico

It was one giant point! Broken up into smaller points...

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

I reckon he's just trolling Phil by schooling him on how to write a numbered list.

I think you mean Pat. :P

I think it's an innuendo much much like "peak" was.

18 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

Seemed like honest questions being asked, but I was wincing at them, so not sure if they're serious.  These people like had plenty of $ to blow, and I presume they have on this.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people were roped into this thinking it was something it wasn't. The questions about selling their shares is sad. 

Good little coverage of the comments on Republic. I wonder when the Avenger, J Allard will swoop in and save the day!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They think they bought shares? 🤣🤣🤣

Dare I say it, but the realization is only starting to dawn that they handed their money to Intellivision via intermediary who gets paid either way, so has no skin in the game and is not going to lift a finger on their behalf when things don't pan out.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

They think they bought shares? 🤣🤣🤣

Dare I say it, but the realization is only starting to dawn that they handed their money to Intellivision via intermediary who gets paid either way, so has no skin in the game and is not going to lift a finger on their behalf when things don't pan out.

I agree... like... how did these people come into the money they blew away like a snowflake on the wind?  This is next to their BitCoinz and IDK, a warehouse full of TP and horse de-wormer?

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

I want to give this post some visibility because I think it's an important discussion.  tl;dr, the 'fans' of this console ruined this guy's life because of the console.

That is sad. That is the guy that @Swami and @Tommy Tallarico and others think is me. He probably doesn't realize that they have pictures of my kid thinking that is me.

All because the guy didn't like a toy. What a bunch of losers.

Best family console on the mar...console not yet on the market.

Edit: Added picture.unknown.png.9081dcf207ba23aa5955c30ffb8b3423.thumb.png.c8f59a6556a4aec446b9fd492d097fa6.png

Edited by MrBeefy
Added picture.
  • Like 3

Sad but not surprising. One of DJC's regular commenters who DJC happily chats to is a lunatic who talks about his "Serbian gang" and has threatened violence against "haters" in the comments of multiple Amico videos. He even offered to "send some boys" to show up at the Crayola event.

Also, I recently saw a video of DJC showing a very angry and different side of him than the image he puts across on his channel.  Those who people are so willing to give the benefit of the doubt are not good people.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Sad but not surprising. One of DJC's regular commenters who DJC happily chats to is a lunatic who talks about his "Serbian gang" and has threatened violence against "haters" in the comments of multiple Amico videos. He even offered to "send some boys" to show up at the Crayola event.

Also, I recently saw a video of DJC showing a very angry and different side of him than the image he puts across on his channel.  Those who people are so willing to give the benefit of the doubt are not good people.

You talking about Turbo Joe and his security team or someone else?

31 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

This was around that time, but while Turbo Joe's "security" thing was one thing, this guy was saying and offering totally bizarre/extreme stuff

RFg1RB2.png

Self awareness is something these guys lack isn't it?

I've been pretty adamant that I wouldn't want young kids being around most of these diehard fans of Amico.

Haha that toy looks dumb vs,

I will show pictures of your kids 

One of these is not like the other.

Edited by MrBeefy
Caught you in my web typo... also clarification
  • Like 3