IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

Mandated business restrictions in November 2020 due to the pandemic.

I think he meant that as a rhetorical question and a sarcastic joke.  With all of these out of nowhere responses, I'm beginning to think Mr. Me is really Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory TV show..

Season 2 Sheldon GIF by The Big Bang Theory

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Hey now, aren't we forgetting that IE was also awarded the most carbon emissions free workplace in 2020?

That's Tommy's red electric Furrari right there and Nick has chosen the trusty pickup truck for the company carpool. The rest walked or used public transit. The whole gang is there hard at work! 

4 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

I think he meant that as a rhetorical question and a sarcastic joke.  With all of these out of nowhere responses, I'm beginning to think Mr. Me is really Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory TV show..

Season 2 Sheldon GIF by The Big Bang Theory

Nailed It GIF by MOODMAN

This is a reoccurring theme in Amicoland. It isn't just in regards to mrme.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

The sarcasm and it's comment on the company was clear.  Not so much in the response on government mandates, where the web page linked said that 94% of the state was in its most restrictive tier at the time.

If you want a less sarcastic answer the truth is they weren't working hard in November. They took the month off. Covid had nothing to do with that software and firmware could have still be worked on. Which was not ready take 10/10/2020.

So they not only said hey you aren't getting a console, but also thanks for the money to take a month off from working on the product that just missed its first launch date.

scrooge mcduck gold GIF

Also for anyone who cares. Intellivision has officially abandoned their patent as of today.

But hey they still have that trademark.

Great Success Win GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Pfft, every company abandons their patents when their product is about to be released!

Tkx7SZt.png

Just like it's normal to close all their offices and lay off most your workers when releasing a new console that will need things continually worked on.

I know all the successful companies like Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo only have like one employee. Totally normal for Intellivision!

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, lawdawg710 said:

Seriously dude, just stop at this point....enough with the extreme Tommy and IE knob rubbing, its old and played out!!!  No one is unaware that there were restrictions due to the rona.......it's 2022 not 2020, no need to perpetuate this any longer!!

I'm not the one who brought up what was going on or not going on in November 2020.

We did find out they were revisioning circuit boards in 2020 during pandemic restrictions.  Which means they were depending on other companies which may also have experienced restrictions and delays.  The firmware work and hardware revisions are related. 

Coincidentally, they were also getting their first lab test results not long after that time.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Also for anyone who cares. Intellivision has officially abandoned their patent as of today.

Hmm. What does that mean for the future of this game changing patent technology alluded to 3 years ago?

image.thumb.png.2992e7802cfac13aed55d55de685fe2b.png

I was rooting for the system and supported it 3x over (I eventually refunded both pre-orders including FE, but still have a stack of boxes here...), but see absolutely no favorable signs it will progress. The investors asked reasonable questions in the last Republic update but a week later there still hasn't been any response. While some here implied it isn't Intellivision's obligation to respond to the long list of questions curated from their official Facebook group (delivered to them for a response more than 3 months ago) it's definitely prudent for them to respond to the investors.

They've abandoned their support email account, patents, most trademarks, most LLCs, all offices, and their entire European audience including an inoperable storefront for months. Their social media hasn't had an update in half a year. The last email update essentially repeated the one from June that itself seemed to repeat the one from last year about production units and pushing forward.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

But hey they still have that trademark.

@CurlyQ you’re on.

it’s kind of a sad day. I’m one of the 5% as Tommy called us. We went to the same school like 1 billion years ago. And I was excited to tell all my friends that one my old classmates was actually coming out with a new console in a few years. Out of like the two dozen people I told, I think only three people asked me what’s going on with it.  I just kept it low-key and said things just didn’t work out. Luckily I didn’t put any money down. And as soon as they announced their “physical” Games had to redeemed with that card ,I was out. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Zeptari1 said:

@CurlyQ you’re on.

it’s kind of a sad day. I’m one of the 5% as Tommy called us. We went to the same school like 1 billion years ago. And I was excited to tell all my friends that one my old classmates was actually coming out with a new console in a few years. Out of like the two dozen people I told, I think only three people asked me what’s going on with it.  I just kept it low-key and said things just didn’t work out. Luckily I didn’t put any money down. And as soon as they announced their “physical” Games had to redeemed with that card ,I was out. 

Was he as poor and struggling when he was younger as he claims to have been?  Just curious, you obviously don't have to answer that. 

2 hours ago, MattPilz said:

I was rooting for the system and supported it 3x over (I eventually refunded both pre-orders including FE, but still have a stack of boxes here...), but see absolutely no favorable signs it will progress.

2 hours ago, Zeptari1 said:

@CurlyQ 

I think it is sad that really there were way more people rooting for this than the old CEO would have you believe. They just used the haters as a distraction to all of their innept handling of everything.

They pretty much disrespected anyone rooting for them. Selling those dumb boxed editions is evidence of that. They sold those to get money knowing they wouldn't have a console anytime in the near future.

unknown.thumb.png.0b8fab08a2f72e6212e5e4cba15f4ef3.png

This is just an example of them stringing along anyone that would allow them.

How long of a time frame is, "or so"? :D

43 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

@Albert oh wow how is this family friendly thread still carrying on? 

Haven’t we heard enough from Amico groupies who are trying to erase or cover up all the lies and deception from New Intellivision? If a colorful metaphor offends you, but fraud doesn’t, maybe you should re-examine your priorities. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

trying to erase or cover up all the lies

And no quite the opposite. Look at Theranos, or Enron before that, or even the ponzi schemes in the last decade. All shows, movies, court battles, and drama trying to seek justice for people. All the big coverage for those, and by comparison this has next to nothing. It should though. No reason this doesn't deserve that attention too.

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Haven’t we heard enough from Amico groupies who are trying to erase or cover up all the lies and deception from New Intellivision? If a colorful metaphor offends you, but fraud doesn’t, maybe you should re-examine your priorities. 

NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE! The knob to the lever was rubbed off to where they couldn't throw the lever into launch! Parts shortage from covid means they haven't had a knob to replace it.

I hear they will have a new knob soon per Amico Forever.

dj control GIF by NASA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2