IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Fat, balding nerds talking about what other fat, balding nerds said about fat, balding nerds. This is the world we live in.

Why is YouTube drama a thing? Why do these people collectively think they're so important that we all need to hear about what they say about each......oh. Answered my own question.

I love the THIS IS NOT CLICKBAIT then immediately proceeding to discuss drama, i.e. precisely CLICKBAIT.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Fat, balding nerds talking about what other fat, balding nerds said about fat, balding nerds. This is the world we live in.

Why is YouTube drama a thing? Why do these people collectively think they're so important that we all need to hear about what they say about each......oh. Answered my own question.

I love the THIS IS NOT CLICKBAIT then immediately proceeding to discuss drama, i.e. precisely CLICKBAIT..

If I'm being incredibly cynical: it boils down to whether a person has a decent "radio voice / cadence" and if people feel connected to a story. Rich does some odd/gross stuff but he has that core skill set.

In the case of the Amico, I think that people keep following it because they feel like they participated on some level.  Consider this: if you're a sports you MIGHT occasionally get lucky and make it, on air, for your local call-in show but chances are: you are never talking to the coach, players, or team management. 

With the Amico, so many people talked directly to the company directors...regularly.  It's kind of funny: it didn't really work, as a sales strategy, but it did seem to hook in a reasonable amount of drama watchers. Sometimes, I wonder how many people are actually following it.  If maybe 3-10k people pre-ordered a system...are 25k folks actively following the saga???  I wonder how many people recognize the product...maybe 50k...or is that way off? It's hard to tell, just from YT views, so it's hard to tell how widely the story has circulated.   

To your original point: I've had plenty of moments where I tell myself: "Okay, you need to read a book...or even go and PLAY a video game.".  I guess I'm just continually surprised that, even after taking several multi-month breaks, IE still exists in some fashion and the sage continues, albeit at a snail's pace. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Welcome to ReviewTechUSA where it has nothing to do with tech, we don't do reviews, but we may show you our man boobs during something about YouTube drama!

Don't forget chickens or cucumbers.

4 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

I guess I'm just continually surprised that, even after taking several multi-month breaks, IE still exists in some fashion and the sage continues, albeit at a snail's pace. 

You are talking like they aren't going to win. Tommy always wins!!! Hater. 

:D

🤡🤡

4 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I don't think Tommy needs to be blacklisted tbh. From what people have said elsewhere it seems like Tommy had already burnt his bridges with most people in the industry previously. He hasn't done any game music for over a decade. It's probably not a coincidence that most of the people at Intellivision were people he already knew, and when anyone else new came into the picture (J Allard, Cara Acker etc), they often didn't stick around long at all.

I've heard the same thing about him burning bridges. He really hasn't been relevant (if he ever really was) for decades.

I do find it funny that the goober acts like it's still the 90s and forgets the internet exists and will remember his idiocy. Instead of music guy he will probably remembered as dumb scammer guy.

He always wins!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Don't forget chickens or cucumbers.

You are talking like they aren't going to win. Tommy always wins!!! Hater. 

:D

You're right; I totally forgot.  #TheSecret 

Side note: I saw a news blip about IE's licensing of 4 games to a publisher.  Did anyone figure out which 4?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would consider buying several Amico titles if they came to PC.  

I often wonder if IE could have found some modest success if all of the games just came out on PC, and they sold the Amico controllers, as pricey-but-functional showpieces, for the hardcore Intellivision fans.  Even if the controllers cost $80+ a pop, I bet that there would have been some interest from the super fans.  I get that hardware often grabs headlines, so maybe the controllers, alone, would have still been enough to cause a minor stir.  It certainly would have side-stepped the whole underpowered / outdated system-on-a-chip fiasco for the console.

In keeping with late 70s / early 80s nostalgia: 

The World May Never Know Mr Owl Tootsie Gift Graphic T Shirts for Women  T-Shirts | eBay 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I love the THIS IS NOT CLICKBAIT then immediately proceeding to discuss drama, i.e. precisely CLICKBAIT.

Don't forget the gratuitous cut to a sponsorship, for a product that seems even more dubious than the Amico itself, seconds into the video.

Apology, my arse. This is just cynical e-begging at its worst.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Don't forget the gratuitous cut to a sponsorship, for a product that seems even more dubious than the Amico itself, seconds into the video.

Apology, my arse. This is just cynical e-begging at its worst.

I loved that part. "This nutrient drink is AMAZING for all my pre and post workout routines," says the man who obviously looks like he's only seen the inside of a gym on a television show. (Not that I'm one to talk.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

Side note: I saw a news blip about IE's licensing of 4 games to a publisher.  Did anyone figure out which 4?

I often wonder if IE could have found some modest success if all of the games just came out on PC, and they sold the Amico controllers, as pricey-but-functional showpieces, for the hardcore Intellivision fans.  Even if the controllers cost $80+ a pop, I bet that there would have been some interest from the super fans.  I get that hardware often grabs headlines, so maybe the controllers, alone, would have still been enough to cause a minor stir.  It certainly would have side-stepped the whole underpowered / outdated system-on-a-chip fiasco for the console.

Brain Duel and Dynablaster are two of them. I doubt they can do any of the licensed games (Moon Patrol, any Atari Games, etc.). I don't think they helped with the pack ins. So it is either something like MLB and Soccer which I don't think we know who worked on those, or new ones that haven't been worked on (B17 Bomber/Utopia).

The other two referenced as being licensed out I think are Cloudy and Night Stalker. So I don't think it's those.

I think it depends on your definition of success. However, I think the games shown would be easily lost in the PC gaming shuffle. Nothing stands out as unique, and some of the games have already been available on PC. My guess is the Intv games would do worse than the Atari Recharged series. Since they are less recognizable and don't have a uniform design.

If you had to buy the controller to play them on PC even worse. The controllers are one of the things that caused the price to rise. They are overpriced and underpowered. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

If you had to buy the controller to play them on PC even worse. The controllers are one of the things that caused the price to rise. They are overpriced and underpowered. 

Oh I agree.  I meant that the controller would be an option for dedicated fans. 

"Show your Intellivision spirit, in style, with the OFFICIAL Intellivision Retro Reimagined controller, today!".  

It's Bluetooth, so I presume that they could configure it to work as a PC gamepad, so you could play Earthworm Jim games, on an Sega Genesis emulator, on your PC.  "Wouldn't that be something?".   

For the folks who just wanted to play a few rounds of Astrosmash, for $4.99:  I'm confident that they could get by, somehow, with their existing input devices. 

I agree that the games would always struggle to stand out and certainly would not have justified having 40+ people on staff. 

Side note: I wonder if the Atari VCS games have turned a profit.

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

image.jpeg.790aa3ed5f65511c5f230a6a7b8d2b0d.jpeg

I'd throw J-ROC a handful of "toonies" to make a sweet new console.  At least, I would know that it was a scam and it would probably lead to some sick lyrics or maybe a sequel to the "Bear Pimp Project". 

Toonie trouble: Public warned after police seize thousands of fake coins |  News

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 10:46 AM, Cebus Capucinis said:

Well,  I wouldn't say "Fat" ...