IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Thanks. From the same video a minute later: "I think in a future video, probably our next video, we'll dive into that whole experience of getting games onto the console through purchasing, gift cards, boxed editions... So we will do a video to show that off because I know people want to see that. It's kind of like, from my perspective, and I'm close to that, obviously that works. But the public doesn't know that. So we have to show them. Right?"

Note that this was from a video March 23, 2022. More than seven months ago.

image.gif.0f1795ba9ad864fa17e8b0827bde8ca2.gif

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Thanks. From the same video a minute later: "I think in a future video, probably our next video, we'll dive into that whole experience of getting games onto the console through purchasing, gift cards, boxed editions... So we will do a video to show that off because I know people want to see that. It's kind of like, from my perspective, and I'm close to that, obviously that works. But the public doesn't know that. So we have to show them. Right?"

Obviously just carrying on the Intellivison tradition started by Tommy

esVFSKOm.jpg

• Haha 7

On 10/28/2022 at 9:24 AM, Rev said:

Go watch all 3 Amico “unboxing” videos.  All 3 unboxings the contents have differences. Inserts different, plastic wrappings, cords, etc. Nothing is uniform, looks more like thrift store pick up videos……  Gives the appearance of unprofessionalism. (big surprise there)

Any smart and savvy investor sees through this. If Amico ever gets another 17 million to burn through it’ll be a shocker. 

But stranger things have happened! 

But at least we can soon play Amico games on Switch. 😍

I'm not watching that tripe. It's all pointless until they send it to someone who isn't an investor or friend of the company. 

On 10/28/2022 at 9:40 AM, Rev said:

We are 2 years past the original launch date, 2 1/2 years past the point when the console and OS should of been complete. And yet the testers cant show the entire boot up sequence all the way up to main menu and launch a game?

Seriously?

Well when you know you have crap you don't want to show it off. DJC confirmed they are testing stability. So that excuse that this is to test for customer experience isn't accurate. 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:15 PM, mr_me said:

Their software technical director, on a live stream this year was asked if the rfid game cards work.  He said that it's been working for some time.

They also said it was on the launchpad and everything was ready. Which is a proven lie.

What drugs do you wash down with all that Kool-Aid you drink? I'd love to be that blissfully naive and might want to try some out myself.

15 hours ago, MattPilz said:

There's a section on the box called "Featured Partners" and in John's video it featured seven. In Mike/DJC's version only four are shown. Hot Wheels, Crayola and another is missing.

Isn't that true about all aspects of the system? The point of these two test units is to give all of these features a true consumer-facing walkthrough. So I'd expect that must include trying out gift cards, game cards and controller scanning capabilities to ensure RFID is indeed operational including the entire account creation and syncing. DJC has three sets of physical games so should have no trouble scanning them in to download the software.

image.thumb.png.ff1d461e45812bd323082654703663ad.png

image.thumb.png.1878abafbdb88330581c1594504bc4c8.png

They probably have lost partners or the licenses they had have expired. They are known to embellish what they have. Remember when they listed Crayola on Fundable? It later disappeared. Oddly enough it also disappeared on the box.

2 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Be quiet you hater! Don't you know there is a pandemic and RFID chip shortage?! They can't show it because Covid ate the RFID chips. You just want them to fail. I'm going to go and PM people to attack you now because you deserve it for not liking the footbath!

Shine Positivity GIF by Njorg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

They also said it was on the launchpad and everything was ready. Which is a proven lie.

What drugs do you wash down with all that Kool-Aid you drink? I'd love to be that blissfully naive and might want to try some out myself.

Again, I'm not the one saying it.  Someone asked about what they said.  What are you saying, are you saying John Alvarado is lying about the rfid game cards working?

Ready for what? On the launchpad?  Check it out...

https://youtu.be/oOOHoHsLgXU?t=234

10 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Oh I know. I’m not criticizing you, I’m just pointing out how poorly run this company has been. Remember like two/three years ago people like me who run businesses and do exactly this type of work for a living were trying to give advice and were constantly shut down by TT (who, for the record, had NO experience in management, public relations, or running a budget)? Well, here we are. A great study in The Peter Principle.

Here’s a classic Tom line that applies here…

Please leave!!

Still shocked he made such demands on a public forum talking about retro games. How dare ye of such experience question the 600 years????

Launch pad 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Again, I'm not the one saying it.  Someone asked about what they said.  What are you saying, are you saying John Alvarado is lying about the rfid game cards working?

Ready for what? On the launchpad?  Check it out...

https://youtu.be/oOOHoHsLgXU?t=234

Yes I think John Alvarado is lying. I think he’s trash and has been complicit in stealing millions.  Where are the refunds? What about the stolen assets? He’s garbage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MarioMan88 said:

Please leave!!

Still shocked he made such demands on a public forum talking about retro games. How dare ye of such experience question the 600 years????

Launch pad 😁

I saw a post by him quite early on where he threw his toys out his pram and threatened to leave AtariAge if he didn't get an explanation why posts supporting him had been deleted. Also, there was another where he was boasting about how his "presence" was making AtariAge popular and bringing people to the site.

Amazing that it was a man in his 50s acting like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I'd normally agree, except I have it on good authority that this behavior has been essentially par for the course for decades. I'm sure Beefy's contacts have said similar.

I believe what I was told when I asked people who have been adjacent since the early days was "Let's just say this is not unexpected."

• Like 4

It's probably something from his childhood; he either didn't feel acknowledged enough growing up or, on the contrary, he was a spoiled kid. In any case he clearly has a thing for awards and accolades - the story rowsdower told us is very revealing in that regard. Just try to imagine how you would act if you were (widely) considered an "industry legend" or at least a very prolific game composer. Your vision of yourself will necessarily get twisted, and not a little. For years he had the feeling that everything he was doing was a success, at least a minor one, exactly as The Secret predicted, so it was almost impossible for him to fathom he could completely fail with this new venture. I'm not trying to find him excuses, but it's clear that his entourage could have also been a little more helpful by doubting him more. Unless they are as delusional as him of course, but it would be really pathetic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

It's probably something from his childhood; he either didn't feel acknowledged enough growing up or, on the contrary, he was a spoiled kid. In any case he clearly has a thing for awards and accolades - the story rowsdower told us is very revealing in that regard. Just try to imagine how you would act if you were (widely) considered an "industry legend" or at least a very prolific game composer. Your vision of yourself will necessarily get twisted, and not a little. For years he had the feeling that everything he was doing was a success, at least a minor one, exactly as The Secret predicted, so it was almost impossible for him to fathom he could completely fail with this new venture. I'm not trying to find him excuses, but it's clear that his entourage could have also been a little more helpful by doubting him more. Unless they are as delusional as him of course, but it would be really pathetic.

Good point, seems Tom wasn’t a fan of Rush. Because the odds get even as Neil Peart would write back on Roll the Bones. 

How many times can you beat the system, “win” numerous awards or produce a hit when you’re clearly an untalented hack who has projection issues???? Then bloviate on and on about “disrupting the industry” on a forum he acted like he owned! Disrespect members like yourself and Beefy and claim to be a victim, yet sent out nascent attack dog YouTubers to discredit someones opposing view!? Fascinating snd disturbing at the same time.

I am glad some folks are documenting all this so when he resurfaces it can be presented to public consumption.

Edited by MarioMan88
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

THIS. HAS. ALREADY. BEEN. DISCUSSED!!!!!!!!

Incredible Hulk Rage GIF by Taffy

This has already been discussed, has already been discussed.

10 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

Please leave!!

Launch pad 😁

Oh anyone that asked any uncomfortable questions was a threat to the truth and reality of the situation. @godslabrat weren't you one of the ones he asked that too?

9 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I saw a post by him quite early on where he threw his toys out his pram and threatened to leave AtariAge if he didn't get an explanation why posts supporting him had been deleted. Also, there was another where he was boasting about how his "presence" was making AtariAge popular and bringing people to the site.

He actually made AA look bad to a lot of people. Which I pointed out back when I said he was using AA as a platform to harass and crap. Wish he was booted sooner. To a lot of people, him running free unquestioned left a black mark here at AA.

Him bringing people here was his marketing team I'm sure. @RxScram is/was an employee. @GrudgeQ was at a Texas event and ran the corporate reddit until going MIA during the mass firings. So I bet he worked for them too.

9 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I'd normally agree, except I have it on good authority that this behavior has been essentially par for the course for decades. I'm sure Beefy's contacts have said similar.

I believe what I was told when I asked people who have been adjacent since the early days was "Let's just say this is not unexpected."

Yeah I've heard the same, and have actually heard worse things. That however is not my story to tell.

Its pretty obvious why he has been ignored by the industry for a long time now. He isn't that talented and no ome probably wants to deal with him.

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Good possibilities.

1 hour ago, MarioMan88 said:

Good point, seems Tom wasn’t a fan of Rush. Because the odds get even as Neil Peart would write back on Roll the Bones. 

How many times can you beat the system, “win” numerous awards or produce a hit when you’re clearly an untalented hack who has projection issues???? Then bloviate on and on about “disrupting the industry” on a forum he acted like he owned! Disrespect members like yourself and Beefy and claim to be a victim, yet sent out nascent attack dog YouTubers to discredit someones opposing view!? Fascinating snd disturbing at the same time.

I am glad some folks are documenting all this so when he resurfaces it can be presented to public consumption.

He got by with it for so long because he hasn't been relevant during the 'Internet never forgets' times. He is used to making stuff up and it not being easy to disprove it. The times we are in now is different and he hasn't changed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

This has already been discussed, has already been discussed.

22 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

The "this has already been discussed" comments have already been discussed.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but "this has already been discussed has already been discussed" .....

.....has already been discussed.

Where we at on the FCC?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but "this has already been discussed has already been discussed" .....

Where we at on the FCC?

I was told they got them after submitting this prototype.

• Haha 2

If everything has been discussed, is there anything that hasn't been discussed that can be put into the "Already discussed category"? I sense more disgust to discuss or more distrust to discuss with a discussion on you know, the things that could be discussed before the discussion of a thing that doesn't exist but still could be discussed in some form of discussion or something like that.  

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Northcoastgamer said:

If everything has been discussed, is there anything that hasn't been discussed that can be put into the "Already discussed category"? I sense more disgust to discuss or more distrust to discuss with a discussion on you know, the things that could be discussed before the discussion of a thing that doesn't exist but still could be discussed in some form of discussion or something like that.  

Now we're cookin' with GAS!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, mr_me said:

What are you saying, are you saying John Alvarado is lying about the rfid game cards working?

It is reasonable for people to hold skepticism when he's been promising a video depicting this for the better part of a year. It'd be cool if he gave DJC the blessing to try it with his own boxed sets and demo it on a live stream. These kind of videos shouldn't take many months of anticipation just to create. Hit record/stream on a phone and just go through the process. We're talking a few minutes worth of effort to, as John said, show those who aren't on the inner circle that it's working as intended.

I personally believe the RFID/NFT aspect will be heavily overlooked during the testing, despite also being one of the more complex aspects with a lot of variables for errors and bugs (how they handle offline vs. online, multiple accounts, multiple Amicos, duplicate scans, change of ownership, the printed code manual entry...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Yes I think John Alvarado is lying. I think he’s trash and has been complicit in stealing millions.  Where are the refunds? What about the stolen assets? He’s garbage.

How you not like a little mustache once in a while?!!!

BBA6EBBA-02F6-45C5-BC6A-67B37A523601.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Thanks for that Dr. Suess!

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Side question:  Is anyone going as John Alvarado for Halloween?

nqMTesCf_400x400.jpg   201027-one-time-use-v-for-vendetta-ew-65

I had a different costume idea.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.e477c3a068c19b3a2ae742267d30af31.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Where we at on the FCC?

Indeed. I would even say that "this has already been discussed" has run its course and outlived its purpose.

Now please leave.

ENOUGH!

• Haha 5