IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

5 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Oh Jesus man don’t make me relive that nonsense. I have had MULTIPLE posts on the old forum about how excited I was about Cornhole and would buy a system just to play it, then the promo video looked good… then they showed that “adjustments” video which looked like garbage, they screwed the gameplay… TT and I had lots of back and forths about it on this site. He promised an updated video which would justify their choices and it never came.  They fucked ‘er bud. That’s when I lost interest. 

Yes, I think we talked about it here as well. The options they added are completely optional. If you ignore them then you'll have default body position, aim for centre of board/hole, and default arc angle.  So you can just push a button and throw, just as in the first version of the Amico Cornhole.

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

2. You need a citation of your information. It was a hardware and controller issue, not a software bug. The game code was fine. I would be willing to bet you are wrong on the development of it too. I bet you see that before you see an Amico released. Bomb Squad: No stupid touchscreen needed.

Citation for what?  I didn't say where the bug is.  It's probably controller firmware, which is software.  It could very well eventually get released.  That doesn't mean they didn't pause development.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

Citation for what?  I didn't say where the bug is.  It's probably controller firmware, which is software.  It could very well eventually get released.  That doesn't mean they didn't pause development.

Here's the actual citation:

Well, I can clear this up, as I posted it. This unedited take is running on Amico hardware to the best of its ability. I put it up to an unlisted YouTube link so it would be easy for the relevant Amico people to see it. It was a reach out to say “hey, code wise we’re good here but it is not running correctly on the machine. Here are all the takes so you can see what isn’t working (which is to say, pretty much all of it). Lag, animation stuttering, missed commands, it was a mess at this period of time. They still used a clip for one of the videos (E3 maybe), which is a bit surprising considering the lag that was clearly present in the wire cutting. Perhaps this was the video that officially got bomb squad ‘paused’, I’m not certain. Oh, and that is an actual controller, not a smartphone.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

Nope, but nobody likes to explain jokes.

@Tommy Tallarico misspelling of "peek" was a great innuendo! I mean it was totally funny, and not some made up BS statement from an idiot who can't own up to being a hack.

You know if Amico was an email it would be thought of as a scam due to all the misspellings and asking people for money. 🤣
2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Here's the actual citation:

I think it was more than just the controller. ;)

I wonder which platform(s) International Headquarters will publish Bomb Squad to?

10 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

You know if Amico was an email it would be thought of as a scam due to all the misspellings and asking people for money. 🤣

I think you might be on to something there:

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Tommy Tallarico, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tallarico. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 33-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

The rocketship is on the launchpad. We just need to pay for the fuel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

Normally, I'd be ok with pitching in to help a fella out, but if he's in good humor, I'd hate to bring him back home in these shitty times and have him be all bummed out when he sees the state of Intellivision, Amico, and his family name.  I say leave him there in bliss.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rev said:

The FCC passed years ago!

Exactly. They passed pre-pre-preliminary internal only Tommy's couch testing, which is when you sit there and think "yeah, this will work," which EVERYONE knows is basically already a certification in hand. Anything else is just a green stamp formality.

Or maybe it was the toilet you sit on for that. Seems more appropriate.

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED.

• Haha 5

On 10/30/2022 at 9:02 PM, Flojomojo said:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but to me, Intellivision Amico is presumed dead until proven otherwise, and sending 2 units to those true believer weenies isn’t proof of anything. 

Agreed 1000%

And if they actually had anything substantial or worthwhile to showoff, they would've sent it to a legitimate video game news outlet, and not a shill like DJC that only has around 1000 subscribers and at best garners only a couple hundred views on his videos. Sending it off to an actual video game outlet if they had something substantial could maybe get them some much needed positive press and would help them a lot more in helping to secure a much needed potential sucker investor to bail them out of their self-initiated dumpster fire. (At least help them more then DJC and the other shill that got a unit ever could)

Edited by Pink
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Exactly. They passed pre-pre-preliminary internal only Tommy's couch testing, which is when you sit there and think "yeah, this will work," which EVERYONE knows is basically already a certification in hand. Anything else is just a green stamp formality.

Or maybe it was the toilet you sit on for that. Seems more appropriate.

THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED.

I try and make it a point to pass an Amico every morning after my coffee...

1 hour ago, Pink said:

Agreed 1000%

And if they actually had anything substantial or worthwhile to showoff, they would've sent it to a legitimate video game news outlet, and not a shill like DJC that only has around 1000 subscribers and at best garners only a couple hundred views on his videos. Sending it off to an actual video game outlet if they had something substantial could maybe get them some much needed positive press and would help them a lot more in helping to secure a much needed potential sucker investor to bail them out of their self-initiated dumpster fire. (At least help them more then DJC and the other shill that got a unit ever could)

The response you would get from a sheep is ,"It's not for gamers so why would they give it to IGN!!1!!"

The two guys who have one have shown themselves to be poor judges of such things. 

This was just Intellivision giving them what they promised. They show nothing because there isn't anything worth showing. If it is truly ready to go, and you want an investor, you would be showcasing it to intice someone.

They aren't showcasing it so it is of similar quality to the Amico I just passed this morning.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rev said:

I always found it odd that I.E. submitted to FCC on 9/28/2021 when the launch date was 10/10/2020. 

This has already been discussed tm

877A812C-B57A-46E6-ADC1-A02396B8A728.jpeg

It's just another nail in the coffin of them not being ready, failing, or not intending to do it themselves. They've dragged their feet despite "the rocket being built" in 2019.

By chance does anyone have a subscription to Primetime Backgammon magazine? Specifically interested in the Fall 2022 issue. :D

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, MrBeefy said:

It's just another nail in the coffin of them not being ready, failing, or not intending to do it themselves. They've dragged their feet despite "the rocket being built" in 2019.

By chance does anyone have a subscription to Primetime Backgammon magazine? Specifically interested in the Fall 2022 issue. :D

Share when you get a copy. Do you also have a sub to AARP?

• Like 1