IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Yes, keeping it internal is what the big three do until they've got everything in place to set a launch date that they absolutely know that they won't miss.

With that expectation set across the industry, doing anything else is just going to mark you as an amateur. Smaller companies might get away with a few months of slipping but more than a year and you're vaporware or the console that time forgot.

Seeing as 10/10/2020 is in Q4 2020 that does not repudiate the long established and already widely published date. A reasonable person who hadn't been paying much attention to the fine print might assume that they were only doing so to allow for unforeseen slippages, not that they weren't even remotely ready to commence manufacturing.

Also, here's a quote from a post Tommy made to this forum that very month:

image.thumb.png.2f377c4878aa4a582b867e18a1c6382e.png

The thread in question might have been locked and hidden, but the internet doesn't forget.

Anyway, not only were they supposedly still on for 10/10/20 but they're supposedly manufacturing a hundred units in May 2020 of an unfinished and un-certified console with no parts on order and no manufacturing deal in place. Yeah, right?

Either Tommy is a liar or delusional, take your pick. They're not mutually exclusive either.

Totally a liar. I hope that hbomber video releases publicly soon. It breaks his behavior down quite well in certain situations. The same things can be applied to Amico. I think he may have a pathological issue with lying.

It is funny how so many people defend him when a simple search proves what he says is lies.

The recent "update" from Phil is just more regurgitation of Tommy talk too. So I doubt he is much better. Birds of a feather...

• Like 2

Regarding hbomberguy's video, it's indeed quite comprehensive. Some tidbits are missing (the Yankees' HoF), but others are more detailed that what I knew (what Tommy claims 'Shiggy' asked him for Metroid Prime - absolutely bonkers). I was even surprised to find @Rowsdower70's anecdote about the award he got. He clearly did some research, either here or on Reddit.

The only thing that saddens me is I already revealed most of what the video says at the end of September, but 1) it was not in video form 2) it was in French 3) on a small website nobody cares for. 😔

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Yes, keeping it internal is what the big three do until they've got everything in place to set a launch date that they absolutely know that they won't miss.

With that expectation set across the industry, doing anything else is just going to mark you as an amateur. Smaller companies might get away with a few months of slipping but more than a year and you're vaporware or the console that time forgot.

Seeing as 10/10/2020 is in Q4 2020 that does not repudiate the long established and already widely published date. A reasonable person who hadn't been paying much attention to the fine print might assume that they were only doing so to allow for unforeseen slippages, not that they weren't even remotely ready to commence manufacturing.

Also, here's a quote from a post Tommy made to this forum that very month:

image.thumb.png.2f377c4878aa4a582b867e18a1c6382e.png

The thread in question might have been locked and hidden, but the internet doesn't forget.

Anyway, not only were they supposedly still on for 10/10/20 but they're supposedly manufacturing a hundred units in May 2020 of an unfinished and un-certified console with no parts on order and no manufacturing deal in place. Yeah, right?

Either Tommy is a liar or delusional, take your pick. They're not mutually exclusive either.

I'm not trying to repudiate, just saying what the Fig-Amico page said.  It wasn't the fine print, it was the opening paragraph of the web page.  They are advising potential investors that they are behind schedule for the official release date, which everyone, including investors were aware of the official postponement in August.

What the CEO was saying is what would have had to happen to make October. He's not saying they are going to manufacturing in May. If they were a few months late it wouldn't have been a big deal.  But it didn't happen, multiple issues happened.

12 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Even on stream the two don't seem to be in agreement of what the NDA constitutes with one saying they can't talk about a certain thing and the other still talking about it and saying they can, like this exchange here. They both implied initially they could only show the unboxing and then cut the stream before showing any UI stuff, but now both of them have shown various bits of the UI including the touch controllers and controller app. And it seems each week they might tease more details, but I can't imagine the NDA is evolving like that when these are the same core test units meant for internal feedback (and not reviews).

What they've shown, wouldn't be considered UI.  The phone app is emulating the hardware controller.

Edited by mr_me

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Regarding hbomberguy's video, it's indeed quite comprehensive. Some tidbits are missing (the Yankees' HoF), but others are more detailed that what I knew (what Tommy claims 'Shiggy' asked him for Metroid Prime - absolutely bonkers). I was even surprised to find @Rowsdower70's anecdote about the award he got. He clearly did some research, either here or on Reddit.

The only thing that saddens me is I already revealed most of what the video says at the end of September, but 1) it was not in video form 2) it was in French 3) on a small website nobody cares for. 😔

I want to get Shiggy with it! Shigeru Miyamoto Hello GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Haha 5

So Smash did another video. 

Some take aways...

1) So they supposedly have 25 units, but most of them are not put together because lack of manpower. So they are hand assembling them instead of the manufacturers. I guess it is hard to find someone who can operate a screwdriver and apply double sided tape.

2) They don't want to manufacture just 7000 and it fail. This just sounds like they know it is a bad idea, and don't want to make it. Kind of verifies all those POs were complete BS. There is no real interest in the console and all of what they claimed was pretty much BS in that regard. 

3) Phil is like Tommy and wants to play victim, blame others, ignore his accountability, and kick the can down the road. We should know more..... in a couple weeks!

tumblr_f722739824b2e135d7ec650decfd862b_45bd9857_400.gif.00c923c13cf77fac21efdea3b690e53d.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Some take aways...

1) So they supposedly have 25 units, but most of them are not put together because lack of manpower. So they are hand assembling them instead of the manufacturers. I guess it is hard to find someone who can operate a screwdriver and apply double sided tape.

2) They don't want to manufacture just 7000 and it fail. This just sounds like they know it is a bad idea, and don't want to make it. Kind of verifies all those POs were complete BS. There is no real interest in the console and all of what they claimed was pretty much BS in that regard. 

3) Phil is like Tommy and wants to play victim, blame others, ignore his accountability, and kick the can down the road. We should know more..... in a couple weeks!

tumblr_f722739824b2e135d7ec650decfd862b_45bd9857_400.gif.00c923c13cf77fac21efdea3b690e53d.gif

I maintain the entire conversation is irrelevant. I mentioned this in September, and conditions have only deteriorated since:

You and Rev both mentioned the economy. It basically makes the last 50 pages here about best and worst case scenarios for Amico irrelevant since discretionary spending in 2023 will be at a premium. (yes, even at QVC pricing levels)  Read more about what poor and "so-called" middle class are cutting just to survive these days and it becomes quite apparent.

Now that the average consumer is putting debt ranging from mortgage/rent to food to utilities to almost anything onto credit card debt (at extremely high interest levels), the "real" audience for this product is simply in no position to consider this as a discretionary purchase. You don't have to be a genius to research food/shelter/energy to understand that the majority % of what people deal with to merely survive now is going to take precedence.

That is, unless you still think that a typical family kitchen table discussion goes like this...

"Well we can't pay the mortgage/rent. We can't pay our utility bills. We can't afford food. Obviously the only sane thing to do at this point is to purchase an over priced video console".

I don't mean to take away from the discussion about all this, but seriously...who thinks this is the time to "launch" a new product given where the worldwide economy is headed?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, number6 said:

I maintain the entire conversation is irrelevant. I mentioned this in September, and conditions have only deteriorated since:

Now that the average consumer is putting debt ranging from mortgage/rent to food to utilities to almost anything onto credit card debt (at extremely high interest levels), the "real" audience for this product is simply in no position to consider this as a discretionary purchase. You don't have to be a genius to research food/shelter/energy to understand that the majority % of what people deal with to merely survive now is going to take precedence.

That is, unless you still think that a typical family kitchen table discussion goes like this...

"Well we can't pay the mortgage/rent. We can't pay our utility bills. We can't afford food. Obviously the only sane thing to do at this point is to purchase an over priced video console".

I don't mean to take away from the discussion about all this, but seriously...who thinks this is the time to "launch" a new product given where the worldwide economy is headed?

If Amico was TRULY ready for 10/10/2020 like former management touted numerous times and was actually being honest instead of kicking the can down the road trying to snag investors…….I think at that sub 250 price point it would of been a moderate success.  Especially released during the pandemic when everyone had discretionary money and was actually home….on the couch.  

If they truly believed in the product, all management would of put everything on the line.  Sell everything, homes on collateral.  You know, like a true start up company would of done before the days of crowdfunding and using other people “free” money. 

But alas, the whole thing was a charade. 

Now looks like a few remaining C level people working from home trying to keep creditors and investors off their back and *maybe* one year get some units out?

Hey, having said that…… if Amico does finally release Ill pick up two or three.  What can I say, Im an Intv fan and hoarder.  🤓

Any else here going to get an Amico too if it releases?

After this 5 year saga I want a participation trophy.  🤣

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

If Amico was TRULY ready for 10/10/2020 like former management touted numerous times and was actually being honest instead of kicking the can down the road trying to snag investors…….I think at that sub 250 price point it would of been a moderate success.  Especially released during the pandemic when everyone had discretionary money and was actually home….on the couch.  

If they truly believed in the product, all management would of put everything on the line.  Sell everything, homes on collateral.  You know, like a true start up company would of done before the days of crowdfunding and using other people “free” money. 

But alas, the whole thing was a charade. 

Now looks like a few remaining C level people working from home trying to keep creditors and investors off their back and *maybe* one year get some units out?

Hey, having said that…… if Amico does finally release Ill pick up two or three.  What can I say, Im an Intv fan and hoarder.  🤓

After this 5 year saga I want a participation trophy.  🤣

Good point mentioning the age of "free money" is over. That is indeed another huge factor for any business following the Fed and interest rate hikes. Any private investor is certainly going to demand more as well.

Sure. I understand the utubers and many people here are not in the position of the average consumer when it comes to discretionary spending.

But for Intellivision it is the average consumer's situation that must be considered when you talk about the #s needed for sales.

When even Walmart and Amazon start layoffs and closings of warehouses (which they just did), you really need to start paying attention. heh.

Added: You are also correct about missing their "window" during the pandemic. Between indoor confinement and the fact that the "checks" sent were indeed used for discretionary spending...that was the window missed.

Edited by number6
Added reference
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Rev said:

As it stands now, probably not, but I dunno.   I was interested in it, had a preorder -- I buy a lot of gaming related crap and am a bit of an "all around game hoarder" but it had a bit of a promise of "something" happening for it.   Now if it releases "as is" without any reason to believe it'll have support via new games,  I'll view it as just a really lame plug n' play type of thing, which is something I don't normally buy as they just don't usually interest me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I'll admit that, early on, when IE announced that they had retail purchase orders: it increased their credibility, in my eyes.  Of course, the Atari Jaguar and the Mattel Hyperscan had retail purchase orders, too, and they were dismal failures.  Still, they were legitimate retail products with finished games. Hearing that IE they had worked out arrangements with retailers made me think that they had something resembling a legitimate operation and business plan.  I still thought it had a very slim chance of succeeding but, at least, it would be interesting to see Amico products, in Best Buy, etc.  

Now I wonder how close they actually were?  Despite the lackluster hardware and games, were they close to churning out these units and crossing their fingers that ultra-wholesome types and electronic cornhole fanatics might give them a shot at success?  What were the conditions on those retail purchase orders?  Did IE have to accept returned stock, pay the return shipping, etc.? Were the POs just wishful thinking, based on preliminary conversations?  If that's true: it would sure seem like a material falsehood, as I recall "Ole Double-T" referring to those POs as actual and not aspirational.   I'd speculate that they did have some arrangements but they were the least favorable kind that put most of the risk on IE. 

When the documentary comes out, I'd definitely be curious to see the "Retail Tall Tales and Wholesale Deception" chapter. 

10 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Well dang, I gotta see it now! 

• Like 2

In my opinion, every single that they claimed (especially Tommy) should be assumed to have been either a huge exaggeration at best, but most likely complete fabrication. They have proven themselves to be completely and utterly unreliable at almost every possible opportunity. The only things that we should believe as true, are things that we can check and verify for ourselves via outside sources.

Their word should absolutely not be assumed to be true in the slightest. The purchase orders, the fact that Walmart approached them because they were so interested in selling Amico... all of it, nope, probably not true.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

In my opinion, every single that they claimed (especially Tommy) should be assumed to have been either a huge exaggeration at best, but most likely complete fabrication. They have proven themselves to be completely and utterly unreliable at almost every possible opportunity. The only things that we should believe as true, are things that we can check and verify for ourselves via outside sources.

Their word should absolutely not be assumed to be true in the slightest. The purchase orders, the fact that Walmart approached them because they were so interested in selling Amico... all of it, nope, probably not true.

Yeah, I'm always just curious about flavors of falsehood.  It's conceivable that someone from Walmart reached out to them with some initial questions and it's easy for someone like Tommy to spin that into: "Walmart can't WAIT to get their hands on the Amico!!!". 

Saying that you have established POs, if you don't, is another level of lying. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

I'm not trying to repudiate, just saying what the Fig-Amico page said.  It wasn't the fine print, it was the opening paragraph of the web page.  They are advising potential investors that they are behind schedule for the official release date, which everyone, including investors were aware of the official postponement in August.

I can only assume that you're referring to a later revision of the page as this is what it said in the FAQ on 18 April 2020:

image.thumb.png.164139085bca50d478e739256d3561a3.png

I suggest you learn how to use the Wayback Machine properly.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Same here, and even more because I'm still trying to understand what "PO" means.

My mistake.  I should have written Purchase Order (PO), for the first usage. 

I was referring to Intellivision Entertainment's claims of having retail orders for 100,000 units, etc. 

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Thanks 1