IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

People are having fun talking and making jokes about a man who has spent years taking credit for the work of others to use to his (and only his) benefit, has an obsession with with lying about totally weird stuff, and then topped it off spending a few years attacking people and lying to folks to get their money.

I don't see anything wrong being posted. If people were making jokes about his dad, health, looks etc (like he did to others) then maybe I could see it, but I've not seen that here.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Tommy and the Amico are inexorably intertwined, for better or for worse. He thrust himself into the spotlight with his behavior, and as such, unlike the unfortunate victims of true cyber bullying, who are frequently just "weird" people (as perceived by their detractors) who candidly did nothing, ol' Tom's behavior throughout this whole debacle, which parallels his behavior overall, is, I think, an open subject for criticism and/or taking the piss...

I think when you aggressively and openly make yourself the subject of conversation at every turn, and in doing so flagrantly lie about yourself, it's an invitation for criticism and detraction.

Or, y'know, as a certain moderator would say to us, "ENOUGH!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My opinion ain't worth a hill of beans anyway.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Regarding other console start companies like playdate, evercade, etc.   We dont know about their house, what car they drive, their trophies, what is inside of their offices.    And that should be the norm. 

We do not know about any of this info on the current Intellivision CEO, and that is the way it should be. 

• Like 8

Also, white knighting a bit here:

Does MrBeefy get the same pass, from when a certain "someone" asked his supporters to (or otherwise implied that they should) track down the spouse and family, and when those supporters threatened them? When people were trying to dig up dirt on someone who DIDN'T blast themselves into the public eye, and instead was politely critical of the Amico?

If criticizing Tommy is cyber bullying, then what about that behavior? Shouldn't we openly call that out too?

(I acknowledge this is whataboutism, but nonetheless, wanted to point that out.)

EDIT: as a pedantic sidenote, and not saying anyone's doing this, but the other thread is about the Roblox Oof, and not the Amico. Yet they're so inextricably interwoven that even still, Amico comes up. But why are they interwoven? Solely because of one person's forceful blustering and behavior, which occurred in tandem with both topics. I'd say the most appropriate response would be to not talk about Oof here, but instead in that thread, rather than just not talking about it at all....

The point I really want to make is, it's very difficult to say "this should just be about the Amico and nothing else" (justified though that may be) when the Amico itself, and the saga of its development (or non-development) is wound up tightly with this behavioral pattern from moment one. Facets of that behavior impact the perception of the console, whether right or wrong, good or bad, and if someone didn't want them talked about, that someone shouldn't have gone off the way that someone did.

As my granpappy never said, "Don't act like a clown and expect to not be in the middle ring of the circus."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I got a question that I’m sure isn’t gonna be well received (just from reading the room) --   does all this not seem like it has started to step out of the “see, we were right about this whole Amico scam”  territory and stepping into what feels like plain ol’ cyber bullying on a personal level?

We all got jokes about the Launchpad, pissing in Cheerios, NY Yankees Hall of Fame, Oof, etc, but seems like the focus has pulled mostly away from Amico and got very, very singular and personal.   Which ironically, seems to prove that some of the perceived obsessiveness may be the one thing he told the truth about.

Hell… we got people here so excited, they created a second thread to rub in the same content that’s being mentioned here in this thread, and quoting themselves in that tread just to link to this thread.  

I know what you mean, but you have to remember that:

• The video is not about the Amico, even though it's mentioned in passing. It's about Tommy Tallarico and since it was released, many people who knew him had stories about him corroborating the fact he's a narcissist and a pathological liar. And I think it's important to report that kind of behavior, Amico or not.
  • Tommy made it personal. I can't name another video game system that is so much linked to its "creator". The Amico was his baby, and Tommy's responsible for most of its shortcomings too.
  • Apparently, people who still believe in the Amico are people that still trust Tommy.

Edit: Cebus already told what I wanted to say, but I had not reached the last page of the topic since the new version of AtariAge seems to lost the content you write before changing page. 😩

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 4

Once you intentionally and actively defraud people you don't get to play the victim anymore. It's ridiculous enough that Mike Kennedy still has an account here. Tommy deserves every bit of what he's getting and more. No amount of hurt internet feelings will put the money he stole back into the pockets of customers and investors. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Rev said:

More Amico support from another million sub Youtuber…….The RTU guy that is freinds of Cupodcast😉😜😜

RTU can be extremely hard to watch sometimes. I wish more people would look at the hbomber video and take notes. Hbomber's is a long video, but doesn't feel like it.

I do think there has been some talk from hbomber about looking into Amico. I doubt it is very serious talk and probably wouldn't come out for a long time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

RTU can be extremely hard to watch sometimes. I wish more people would look at the hbomber video and take notes. Hbomber's is a long video, but doesn't feel like it.

Seriously. I fired up the "oof" video a second time by accident, and before I knew it, another half an hour had passed. His content generally flows very well, and it helps that he is humorous too.

*edit: to be fair to RTU, the video that was linked above was a live stream, so yeah, that's not going to flow anything like a dedicated, scripted video. But still, his content is usually more off-the-cuff anyway.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Austin said:

Seriously. I fired up the "oof" video a second time by accident, and before I knew it, another half an hour had passed. His content generally flows very well, and it helps that he is humorous too.

*edit: to be fair to RTU, the video that was linked above was a live stream, so yeah, that's not going to flow anything like a dedicated, scripted video. But still, his content is usually more off-the-cuff anyway.

When I took those screenshots I posted earlier I did the same thing. Before I knew it I had let the video run for almost an hour. His content flows nicely.

I get the live streams being different. There is just so much start stop start stop in those things it's hard to follow. Tbf it seems to be the thing to do for a lot of YTers. I like reactions that don't require them to watch it and stop to comment on it. Just take a few of the parts you liked/didn't like then talk about it.

But tbf again I don't have a ton of subs. So like someone said earlier my opinion probably isn't worth a hill of beans.

15 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I got a question that I’m sure isn’t gonna be well received (just from reading the room) --   does all this not seem like it has started to step out of the “see, we were right about this whole Amico scam”  territory and stepping into what feels like plain ol’ cyber bullying on a personal level?

We all got jokes about the Launchpad, pissing in Cheerios, NY Yankees Hall of Fame, Oof, etc, but seems like the focus has pulled mostly away from Amico and got very, very singular and personal.   Which ironically, seems to prove that some of the perceived obsessiveness may be the one thing he told the truth about.

Hell… we got people here so excited, they created a second thread to rub in the same content that’s being mentioned here in this thread, and quoting themselves in that tread just to link to this thread.  

13 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Tommy and the Amico are inexorably intertwined, for better or for worse. He thrust himself into the spotlight with his behavior, and as such, unlike the unfortunate victims of true cyber bullying, who are frequently just "weird" people (as perceived by their detractors) who candidly did nothing, ol' Tom's behavior throughout this whole debacle, which parallels his behavior overall, is, I think, an open subject for criticism and/or taking the piss...

I think when you aggressively and openly make yourself the subject of conversation at every turn, and in doing so flagrantly lie about yourself, it's an invitation for criticism and detraction.

Or, y'know, as a certain moderator would say to us, "ENOUGH!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My opinion ain't worth a hill of beans anyway.

Tommy chose to make himself the face of the Amico and their de-facto spokesperson and mascot.  The way he acted, talked about the haters, all the videos showing his juvenile & childish shenanigans (And numerous other issues as well, way too many for me to list at the moment) that's all on him. He has no one to blame but himself.

Now I just want to say there's absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with the CEO taking that role upon themselves. Dave Thomas did it with Wendys, John Schnatter did it with Papa Johns and John Legere did it when he became CEO of T-Mobile after their merger with AT&T ended up falling apart and getting shot down. People like Dave Thomas before he passed away and John Legere did an absolute phenomenal job repping & cheerleading for their company, so it absolutely can work.

The big issue with a leader or CEO or whatever being in that role is that when they have a falling out, or they do something not so good or get involved in some not so good shenanigans and get ousted from their own company, is that it ends up hurting their company big time and tarnishing their reputation a lot going forward and it can take years to recover if they're even able too (Exactly what ended up happening with Papa John's after John Schnatter had his incident and got ousted)

Edited by Pink
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I completely disagree. Nothing has been said as a personal attack- no comments about his family, his appearance, his personal life, etc. unlike him who did all of those things on AtariAge for more than a year. People are responding to his public actions and his public statements which is fair game, in my opinion, BECAUSE HE STILL HASN’T REFUNDED THE PEOPLE HE LIED TO.  Is the defrauded widow also cyber bullying him? The guy pointing out his “oof” lies? Us for making fun of his MLB Hall of Fame nonsense? Please note even Mr_Me never defended that last one. He is the furthest thing from a victim here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Ok, time to settle this once and for all. All this talk about "Oof" and I can't believe nobody knows that it originally came from Sheriff Buford T. Justice.  It's not Tommy or even Joey, it's actually Jackie from the late 1970's!

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Pink said:

Tommy chose to make himself the face of the Amico and their de-facto spokesperson and mascot.  The way he acted, talked about the haters, all the videos showing his juvenile & childish shenanigans (And numerous other issues as well, way too many for me to list at the moment) that's all on him. He has no one to blame but himself.

Now I just want to say there's absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with the CEO taking that role upon themselves. Dave Thomas did it with Wendys, John Schnatter did it with Papa Johns and John Legere did it when he became CEO of T-Mobile after their merger with AT&T ended up falling apart and getting shot down. People like Dave Thomas before he passed away and John Legere did an absolute phenomenal job repping & cheerleading for their company, so it absolutely can work.

The big issue with a leader or CEO or whatever being in that role is that when they have a falling out, or they do something not so good or get involved in some not so good shenanigans and get ousted from their own company, is that it ends up hurting their company big time and tarnishing their reputation a lot going forward and it can take years to recover if they're even able too (Exactly what ended up happening with Papa John's after John Schnatter had his incident and got ousted)

Some of us, I, uh we, tried to tell him to talk about Amico and not focus on such things as Pat, other haters, etc. Others pointed out that he needs to take/ignore criticism. He wanted it to be about him. It's why he hated kevtris. Kevtris has the experience to know how the sausage is made. 

He also didn't realize it isn't the 90s anymore and people can easily fact check him with Google.

Hbomberguy missed the pier lie... 

It really makes you wonder how much je said about Amico was true or even close to being true.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

Ok, time to settle this once and for all. All this talk about "Oof" and I can't believe nobody knows that it originally came from Sheriff Buford T. Justice.  It's not Tommy or even Joey, it's actually Jackie from the late 1970's!

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'
Amico gonna do what they say can't be done
We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there
I'm east bound, just watch ol' "Tommy" run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I completely disagree. Nothing has been said as a personal attack- no comments about his family, his appearance, his personal life, etc. unlike him who did all of those things on AtariAge for more than a year. People are responding to his public actions and his public statements which is fair game, in my opinion, BECAUSE HE STILL HASN’T REFUNDED THE PEOPLE HE LIED TO.  Is the defrauded widow also cyber bullying him? The guy pointing out his “oof” lies? Us for making fun of his MLB Hall of Fame nonsense? Please note even Mr_Me never defended that last one. He is the furthest thing from a victim here.

Making a characterization of someone is personal. Referring to other things said that's not directly related to the specific argument is personal. It can be debated whether it's justified but it's still personal.

I'd argue that pretty much all of Tommy's tall tales are directly related to the Amico. He frequently brought them up in streams and forum posts where he was promoting it. Things like the Baseball HOF and Guinness World Records were specifically mentioned in the pitch deck.

He might have had little to do with the actual development of hardware and software, so they're not particularly relevant to those discussions, but the brand was basically all about him.

• Like 6

Yep, lots of Tommy's lies absolutely are tied to Amico. Many of them were said by him to get people to believe in Amico, either customers or investors

"I have experience getting products to market, I helped to launch Guitar Hero"

"We can get an exclusive Tetris game, I'm good friends with Alexey Pajitnov"

"We can get Sega games, I have a good relationship with them and was actually the first American..."

etc.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 6

40 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

I'd argue that pretty much all of Tommy's tall tales are directly related to the Amico. He frequently brought them up in streams and forum posts where he was promoting it. Things like the Baseball HOF and Guinness World Records were specifically mentioned in the pitch deck.

He might have had little to do with the actual development of hardware and software, so they're not particularly relevant to those discussions, but the brand was basically all about him.

That doesn't matter.  And it wouldn't matter if it was all Amico specific.  If someone is trying to address one Amico point by bringing in other Amico points to build some characterisation, for example, rather than arguing that one point on it's own merits than it's still personal.  And again, I'm not saying it's not justified, but don't say it's not personal.

27 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Yep, lots of Tommy's lies absolutely are tied to Amico. Many of them were said by him to get people to believe in Amico, either customers or investors...

If you're going to post direct quotes like that, you should provide source references.

Edited by mr_me