IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Making a characterization of someone is personal. Referring to other things said that's not directly related to the specific argument is personal. It can be debated whether it's justified but it's still personal.

I don’t agree with this. If I lie about something publicly, in a forward facing job, and someone points that out to show a pattern of behavior, that isn’t personal.  It’s a matter of public record.

If TT starts crowdfunding for a new project, is it a personal attack to bring up his Amico history and issues with refunds?

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That doesn't matter.  And it wouldn't matter if it was all Amico specific.  If someone is trying to address one Amico point by bringing in other Amico points to build some characterisation, for example, rather than arguing that one point on it's own merits than it's still personal.  And again, I'm not saying it's not justified, but don't say it's not personal.

I'm not following you. Perhaps you could try giving some concrete examples?

I'd think that there's very little where Tommy's character isn't relevant to the Amico simply because he was the main conduit for communications about the Amico for most of its history. It's only where we could verify something entirely using other sources that it's not relevant and - discussions of specific hardware and software aside - there's not really much I can think of where that's the case.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If you're going to post direct quotes like that, you should provide source references.

They were paraphrased but ok...

Guitar Hero - https://i.imgur.com/0z5jBep.png

Alexey/Tetris - https://i.imgur.com/eOX3oEe.png & https://streamable.com/sve1b8

Sega - https://streamable.com/r2f7z3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If you're going to post direct quotes like that, you should provide source references.

You've been given direct evidence over and over and over again. You're IN THE ARCHIVED THREAD ITSELF. You were there. Face it, you got taken by a snake oil salesman during a time period where that should essentially be impossible. You're embarrassing yourself.

Edited by zapzapzac
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

I'm not following you. Perhaps you could try giving some concrete examples?

I'd think that there's very little where Tommy's character isn't relevant to the Amico simply because he was the main conduit for communications about the Amico for most of its history. It's only where we could verify something entirely using other sources that it's not relevant and - discussions of specific hardware and software aside - there's not really much I can think of where that's the case.

The characterisation is of course personal, how can it not be.  Again, I'm not saying it's not justified or not relevant, just saying it's personal.

22 minutes ago, zapzapzac said:

You've been given direct evidence over and over and over again. You're IN THE ARCHIVED THREAD ITSELF. You were there. Face it, you got taken by a snake oil salesman during a time period where that should essentially be impossible. You're embarrassing yourself.

Those quotes turned out not to be direct quotes, they were paraphrased.  They shouldn't have been posted as direct quotes. But you're right I didn't need the source, saying it's paraphrased is enough.  And I haven't been taken for anything.

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The characterisation is of course personal, how can it not be.  Again, I'm not saying it's not justified or not relevant, just saying it's personal.

If it's justified and relevant why should it matter if it's 'personal'?

The important distinction should be rather whether the information was private or had been made public.

Tommy has a right to a private life as much as anyone else, but it's not like anyone's had to go digging through his bins, hack his e-mails and tap his phone to find this stuff out. It's all been made public, and repeated so many times that you couldn't even pass it off as having come out through inadvertent slips. He does not get to play the victim when it comes back to bite him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

If it's justified and relevant why should it matter if it's 'personal'?

The important distinction should be rather whether the information was private or had been made public.

Tommy has a right to a private life as much as anyone else, but it's not like anyone's had to go digging through his bins, hack his e-mails and tap his phone to find this stuff out. It's all been made public, and repeated so many times that you couldn't even pass it off as having come out through inadvertent slips. He does not get to play the victim when it comes back to bite him.

Privacy is a completely different matter.  Questioning the justification of certain personal arguments was brought up by someone else not me.  And inappropriate personal arguments can also apply when used against other atariage users.

22 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

This might ne a big uh oh type of moment...

tumblr_6e7b2edb51451f9c86a77dd0e38fbd5e_cd7ac719_1280.thumb.png.282dd72ef80ad46e556152488bd9f932.png

Sucks if this is accurate and I wonder how much they invested? If talking about lawyers my guess is more than the minimum.

The "hubby passed away" part sucks, of course, along with the obvious "someone got scammed," but the rest seems like a positive step in the right direction, to me.  Nice to see someone may be pushing forward to bring some legal interests into the mess, finally.   Personally, I'd like to see it get the same attention as something like Fyre Festival (which seems VERY similar to me) where people moved ahead with class action suits and at least some parties were held accountable by prison time, if I remember right.

If a quick search is accurate, that thing scammed investors out of $26 million by lying, overselling, and not delivering.   Amico is at approx 40 million by lying, overselling, and not (yet) delivering (and likely never will)

What's that from, by the way?  One of their crowdfunding/investor sites where others who can see it and get riled to action, or something less likely like youtube, reddit, etc?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Yep, lots of Tommy's lies absolutely are tied to Amico. Many of them were said by him to get people to believe in Amico, either customers or investors

"I have experience getting products to market, I helped to launch Guitar Hero"

"We can get an exclusive Tetris game, I'm good friends with Alexey Pajitnov"

"We can get Sega games, I have a good relationship with them and was actually the first American..."

etc.

This is the crux of the matter. He made Amico about himself and used his lies as fuel to show that it was going to be success and/or lied to investors.

Neil Patel and Tommy Watch Along.

7:44 - Tommy's worked on over 300 games

8:50 - In Guiness World Records 5 times

Both lies about himself in a video pitch to get investors. Also those are not the only lies in there, but these are specifically related to himself.:D

3 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Saw this comment on the video.
Could it be that Tommy is, at best 2nd cousins with Steven Tyler?

Wouldn't that be something? 

hmm.jpg

I think with his history of lying through the decades I would view his familial relation to Steven Tyler to be extremely distant if at all. The only 'proof' has been Tommy's word. There is no other proof. Any articles referenced to that claim is just Tommy making the claim.

6 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

The "hubby passed away" part sucks, of course, along with the obvious "someone got scammed," but the rest seems like a positive step in the right direction, to me.  Nice to see someone may be pushing forward to bring some legal interests into the mess, finally.   Personally, I'd like to see it get the same attention as something like Fyre Festival (which seems VERY similar to me) where people moved ahead with class action suits and at least some parties were held accountable by prison time, if I remember right.

If a quick search is accurate, that thing scammed investors out of $26 million by lying, overselling, and not delivering.   Amico is at approx 40 million by lying, overselling, and not (yet) delivering (and likely never will)

What's that from, by the way?  One of their crowdfunding/investor sites where others who can see it and get riled to action, or something less likely like youtube, reddit, etc?

8 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Devil's advocate: I feel like it reads too cleanly. I'm not going to get into details, because I do hope it's real and not just a troll, but there's a few factoids in there that raise my sense of disbelief.

If this is true it totally sucks. I think its very plausible to be true since they used that Palm Beach guy which targets older people.

What is worse is that for her to look into it deeply probably means it was a huge chunk of money that was just gone. $1000 is still a chunk of money, but for her to search for some type of update and come across the hbomber video means it was probably a lot more than the minimum.

That is the real sad part of this. That people were lied to for them to get more money to blow. That could have been a chunk of retirement or money for a grandkids college that went into Tommy's Ferrari parking signs, or big Running Man wall art for the office. 

It does seem similar to the Fyre thing. I think that is why they haven't officially killed it. Phil's last update saying they won't make just 7000 units proves they know it is DOA. They are trying to drag it out for either 1) some fool ready to part with his money, or 2) best way to get a small something out there to make it less likely a lawsuit is filed. It is pray for a miracle and/or CYA time.

I think anyone who bought the PP could potentially have a suit as well. They do have the slimy wording on their site, but I think you could get an Attorney General to look into it. I would not be surprised to find that they made those because if they didn't they would have broke another contract like they did with Ark.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Saw this comment on the video.
Could it be that Tommy is, at best 2nd cousins with Steven Tyler?

Wouldn't that be something? 

hmm.jpg

Considering what vile scum Steven Tyler is (and I say this as a big fan of Aerosmith's music) I'd try my best to hide any familial connection if he were in my family.

The man obtained legal guardianship of an underage girl, moved her away from her family, got her hooked on drugs, got her pregnant, tried to have her killed (seriously, he sent someone to burn down the home she was in; she survived by hiding in the fireplace), forced her to get an abortion (the child survived and was born alive, then killed in front of her), then dumped her like yesterday's garbage.

• Sad 2

In happier news...

hbombers video is over 1.6 million views (just .3 million away from total IE views). With him referencing Amico in it this will probably end up bringing more eyes on the dumpster fire. If more people dig into it and some legal stuff happens because of that it will all trace back to Tommy making a big stink over the Oof. He may end of regretting that.

Screenshot_20221121_205744_YouTube.thumb.jpg.f5c9a4effa32bae37fd18ac8aeb06027.jpg

I'm not sure I understand this marketing strategy for IE. But I don't have the quadbillion years of experience as they do in their UPS office. 

Where they at on those certs? Did the QA YTers finally turn in their reports so they can make the console?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rev said:

Hopefully the Youtube testers have wrapped up the initial real world testing. Next up Amico can enter formal production and manufacturing!  We are on the launch pad now ladies. 

Is this the formal formal production. Was the last formal production a placeholder production?

This the real launchpad or a placeholder one?

Will FCC certs ever be active?!

While you wait to find out you can enjoy some entertainment here : http://www.tommytallarico.com

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, famicommander said:

forced her to get an abortion (the child survived and was born alive, then killed in front of her)

I'm not a fan of Aerosmith at all but this really sounds like urban legend to me. Unless he did it himself because he's the devil, where do you find a professional that would accept to kill a newborn baby (in a hospital)?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I'm not a fan of Aerosmith at all but this really sounds like urban legend to me. Unless he did it himself because he's the devil, where do you find a professional that would accept to kill a newborn baby (in a hospital)?

I'd be skeptical of that part of the story too, but the 16 year old girlfriend - Julia Holcomb - and the abortion were real and that is basically her version of events.

https://jezebel.com/steven-tylers-teenage-girlfriend-tells-her-side-of-the-5805190

3 hours ago, Matt_B said:

I'd be skeptical of that part of the story too, but the 16 year old girlfriend - Julia Holcomb - and the abortion were real and that is basically her version of events.

https://jezebel.com/steven-tylers-teenage-girlfriend-tells-her-side-of-the-5805190

OK but I don't understand what that even means: "Steven watched the baby come out and he told me later, when we were in New Hampshire, that it had been born alive and allowed to die." Also, since Steven had taken cocaine, maybe he thinks he has seen the baby alive. 🙄

I'm not pro-life but it sounds more like murder than abortion anyway. And yet it's not exactly the "killing the baby in front of her" story that sounded like what would do the bad guy in Delta Force 2 (minus using the corpse to hide drugs). 🙂

The dialogue I'm referring to:

General Taylor: Let me tell you about your contact. Cota killed her husband in front of her, then he killed her baby and used the corpse to smuggle cocaine, then he raped her. I wouldn't mention any of this when you meet her--she's probably still a little touchy about it.

Colonel Scot McCoy: Probably.

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 1