IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

31 minutes ago, Jenni said:

Hold on now, what?...So if I decided make a thread It would get deleted? Why would that be?,  There seem to be alot of threads on the same subjects.

There was a whole Amico section at one time.  Lots of different threads, only one seemed to get special treatment.  Then the whole section got removed.  You should be able to create threads now like this one.

30 minutes ago, Rev said:

Sure, people could make threads, but then in pops people to correct everyone on “misinformation”…..which most was/is the truth. 

You want to have a discussion that excludes certain people, wasn't that the problem with the faq thread. 

What I'm saying is people could say what they wanted here on atariage, don't understand why people are saying it wasn't so.

8 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What I'm saying is people could say what they wanted here on atariage, don't understand why people are saying it wasn't so.

Another swing and a miss. Hey, let's talk about religion and politics. Oh wait... 

That was one tactic used by the little Tommyknockers to get a thread locked, infusing the discussion with banned subjects.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mr_me said:

There was a whole Amico section at one time.  Lots of different threads, only one seemed to get special treatment.  Then the whole section got removed.  You should be able to create threads now like this one.

You want to have a discussion that excludes certain people, wasn't that the problem with the faq thread. 

People could not or felt like they couldnt due to the henchmen would harass and doxx people. Not even you can refute that. 

But I would rather keep the topic focused on Amico. 

Where is our console? Where is the 15-20 million of crowdfunded money? 

Mr Me.   What is your definition of SCAM?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Wayler said:

Another swing and a miss. Hey, let's talk about religion and politics. Oh wait... 

That was one tactic used by the little Tommyknockers to get a thread locked, infusing the discussion with banned subjects.

A thread getting locked doesn't mean people didn't say what they wanted, nor did it stop them from continuing to do so.

30 minutes ago, Rev said:

People could not or felt like they couldnt due to the henchmen would harass and doxx people. 

If that happened here, the admins should address it.  But from my experience, it's not always the case.  Making things personal has no place in the discussion.

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

Where is our console? Where is the 15-20 million of crowdfunded money? 

It's a failed startup.  The company dismantled without releasing their product to market.  The company grew in size, had considerable overhead for a couple of years with no revenue.  Money was lost to a manufacturing contract dispute.  Millions went to game development of dozens of games at third party developers.

Edited by mr_me
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Well if they were there at the time I supose that could be true, or a slow lock perhaps,...Personally I was called a "Racist" (not true) on another site and banned before the lock, doesn't leave much room for conversation.

Edited by Jenni
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

My recollection of why additional threads were created is that a brief discussion took place in that "main" thread. The topic was about how more clarity could be obtained by "breaking out" certain topics which might warrant further discussion, which is something I did based on that discussion. Personally I was never attacked or dissuaded in that newly created thread nor in private  from discussing my topic. In fact Intellivision posted in the thread and I found most responses to be quite civil at the time. 

No revenue?  50,000 boxed coin/Rfid dont count as revenue?

Maybe there would of been money for *actual* production/manufacturing if the C-level personel hadnt paid back personal loans with interest. 

But its hard to launch a console when the games and backend/online infrastructure and OS isnt done and 2 years after original launch hardware is still being tested by Youtube investors. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jenni said:

Well if they were there at the time I supose that could be true, or a slow lock perhaps,...Personally I was called a "Racist" (not true) on another site and banned before the lock, doesn't leave much room for conversation.

Apparently being called a gaming racist these days is a badge of honor?

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, mr_me said:

A thread getting locked doesn't mean people didn't say what they wanted, nor did it stop them from continuing to do so.

If that happened here, the admins should address it.  But from my experience, it's not always the case.  Making things personal has no place in the discussion.

It's a failed startup.  The company dismantled without releasing their product to market.  The company grew in size, had considerable overhead for a couple of years with no revenue.  Money was lost to a manufacturing contract dispute.  Millions went to game development of dozens of games at third party developers.

What is your definition of SCAM?

• Thanks 1

No not at all, but it is a trap of cause and effect...If you apologize for something your not guilty of, you are admitting to being guilty and if you are banned, you can't even defend yourself at all...But nobody cares, because if you didn't apologize in the first place so you MUST be guilty and should be banned...BUT, if you DIDN'T do it, and DIDN'T  apologize and DO find yourself banned from a locked thread. aparently you wind up here at AA, carefully considering your 1 post...Probibally on the edge of being Banned again from yet another locked thread...

Edited by Jenni

17 minutes ago, Rev said:

Maybe there would of been money for *actual* production/manufacturing if the C-level personel hadnt paid back personal loans with interest. 

The risk disclosure shared earlier this year shows there was still outstanding priniciple on those loans and no interest had been paid.  Is there more inside information that had been shared since then.

That money nor whatever profit may or may not have come from selling the rfid cards is anywhere near what is needed to fund manufacturing.  The way it looks is that the board loans was meant to carry the company until the Fig/Republic campaign closed.  They couldn't operate at the time without those loans.

23 minutes ago, Jenni said:

No not at all, but it is a trap of cause and effect...If you apologize for something your not guilty of, you are admitting to being guilty and if you are banned, you can't even defend yourself at all...But nobody cares, because if you didn't apologize in the first place so you MUST be guilty and should be banned...BUT, if you DIDN'T do it, and DIDN'T  apologize and DO find yourself banned from a locked thread. aparently you wind up here at AA, carefully considering your 1 post...Probibally on the edge of being Banned again from yet another locked thread...

Here are just some of the good readings.

https://amicoage.neocities.org/index.html

One of my threads is basically saved here. It will miss some of the nuances of certain messages being deleted and such.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210522125358/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301105-independent-amico-discussion-thread/#comments

I notice you are new here. What brings you to the world of Amico here at AA? 

Ohand if you do try to create a thread post it in the Modern Section, and not the Intellivision Section. I'd hate to see cmart have a coronary.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Mr Me even PMd me one time  when i was slightly critical of this Amico debacle to ask “what I was doing?”   

Like how dare anyone criticize the hypeman and the shenanigans surrounding it. 

Hey maybe he knows the Canadians who were calling me and the wife? 

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT MY FRIEND AMICO LIKE THAT!

37 minutes ago, Rev said:

Apparently being called a gaming racist these days is a badge of honor?

HaterFolderBadge1.gif.db48311eee973b3fe5a6e5cdb23d3e9e.gif

• Haha 2

On 12/2/2022 at 3:56 PM, Jenni said:

Well Hello MrBeefy...Why yes I am new here, I came here to build an arcade cabinet but don't see much of that going on, and just wanted to see what you guys were actually talking about.

There are some arcade game enthusiasts here, but the KLOV forums are where folks in the arcade world tend to congregate.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Rev said:

What is your definition of SCAM?

You are not going to get a direct answer. You are going to get selective responses which ignore what you asked.  That’s why I stopped dialogue with mr_me.

Nothing against mr_me, but there became no point to continuing a dialogue. 

Edited by rayik
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

The company dismantled without releasing their product to market.

They are still shipping the (nearly sold out as of October 2021) game boxes but I'm not sure if they are being sent from John's home address or Nick's, or where the actual boxes are currently housed.

It is also unclear what percentage of box sale revenue goes toward the outstanding refund queue.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

They are still shipping the (nearly sold out as of October 2021) game boxes but I'm not sure if they are being sent from John's home address or Nick's, or where the actual boxes are currently housed.

It is also unclear what percentage of box sale revenue goes toward the outstanding refund queue.

You know what would be something?  If IE managed to pull together the resources required to port all of the boxed titles over to PC and sent download codes to everyone who bought the boxed editions.

I realize that even though porting those Unity games over to PC should be relatively easy, there's still a cost involved.  At this point, I doubt that anything beyond sending out occasional communications or a few more hand-assembled consoles is in their budget.  

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jenni said:

Well Hello MrBeefy...Why yes I am new here, I came here to build an arcade cabinet but don't see much of that going on, and just wanted to see what you guys were actually talking about.

Well much like the Arcade building, there isn't anything being done at Intellivision either.

20 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

You know what would be something?  If IE managed to pull together the resources required to port all of the boxed titles over to PC and sent download codes to everyone who bought the boxed editions.

I realize that even though porting those Unity games over to PC should be relatively easy, there's still a cost involved.  At this point, I doubt that anything beyond sending out occasional communications or a few more hand-assembled consoles is in their budget.  

I think it would be a better use of their time to not be POSs and ship the console they took money for. Or refund all preorders and all cardboard box purchases.

If they port them they are going to ask for more money and say screw you buying tchotkes. 

Think about it. They took money claiming it wasn't crowdfunding. Blew it on God knows what. Then did StartEngine to ask you for more money to make the console you already put money into and they blew. AND then they would still ask for the additional $199.

Speaking of spending money. I'm curious if anyone has reported DJC to the FTC? Since he's an investor, telling people to invest, and also never disclosing he's an investor?

Wouldn't that be something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

Who knows if they shipped any since they ran out of money.  Or if they sold enough to even cover their manufacturing.