IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

I know several people that have requested refunds multiple times early in 2022. Still no refund and its almost 2023.     

Is this the definition of a scam?   

It was a scam the instant they continued accepting money while knowingly advancing false claims. Which was a very long time ago at this point. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

There's been lots of bad behaviour all around.  For example, there's this youtuber who was one of the few to have hands on access to the system at that time.  He took down his Amico content due to harassment, although he used stronger words to describe it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrjJ4qDuyM

------------

I have to say that falsely associating my username with those people is very wrong.  I don't know who they are or what they did, nor has anyone asked me to attack any atariage user.  Again these unjustified personal comments are not right.  It is itself harassment.

What I remember is that users did get kicked out of the faq thread, that was the special treatment in that thread that didn't happen in others.  They weren't banned from the entire forum, (one was but it was explained).  Those users were free to start other threads in the Amico section and say what they want.   I do remember threads getting locked due to bickering, and I remember comments from the CEO being removed, probably others too, but it usually happened before I had a chance to see it.  It's not unusual for threads to get locked when things get out of line. Even if the thread got locked the criticisms remained. There were lots of other Amico threads that weren't locked with plenty of criticisms and discussion.  A few threads getting locked doesn't mean people were prevented from making critical comments as in the faq thread.  How am I rewriting history.

They are a private company, accountability is to the shareholders, so I don't expect them to tell me anything.  If there are regulations with the Fig/Republic revenue share deal then they have to comply.  Otherwise they actually shared a lot with the risk disclosure earlier this year, lots of detailed information there.

Well you've been defending them. Truth is you don't speak up against any of the stuff done towards me, or anyone who Tommy didn't like. I do recall you backing up people here who were actively trying to track me down everywhere on the internet and post about my work.

Same group of people who hang out on DJCs streams who also attack a guy on the internet, who they think is me, with pictures of their kid (my kid, not the random dudes). So maybe you should open your eyes some. Do I really think you were active in it? Probably not, but the way you defend those who did, suggests you are either an idiot, or don't want to speak out against it.

Also I remember Mana. Were you in the chat in which the ones trying to stir up stuff were the 'shills'? I remember because I was in that chat. I asked him if he got to play Cornhole. He didn't BTW (probably because it was trash or not finished). Once again your memory on things is trash.

The shills, after trying to gaslight everyone who was trying to actually ask questions respectfully of the guy, took their ball and went home. They were trying to get him to ban people. Your memory is horrible and that's why people say you are trying to rewrite history.

I will ask you a simple question to make it easy on you. Do you support what Tommy/Amico supporters did to me, my kid, and other people's wives and/or family?

Before you do a dumb whataboutism, I will let you know that I actively tried to help those same shills, who thought I was garbage or banned me, when I saw bad stuff I didn't like or think was right. I doubt those same people even knew it was the "evil Mr. Beefy" that tried to help them. But that's the difference between me and some of the others. I don't put a vaporware console before people's families or livelihood. Can you say the same? I await your answer.

13 minutes ago, Rev said:

I know several people that have requested refunds multiple times early in 2022. Still no refund and its almost 2023.     

Is this the definition of a scam?   

You won't get a response because...

leave-britney.gif.e289bf7bdb5e731a8aa501abd8a89467.gif

2 minutes ago, famicommander said:

It was a scam the instant they continued accepting money while knowingly advancing false claims. Which was a very long time ago at this point. 

I think you can at least say FIG was the start of the scam. They took money knowing it wasn't ready or as far along as they claimed. So it is basically the same day I got banned from the Q&A thread for posting this link: https://venturebeat.com/games/you-can-invest-in-the-intellivision-amico-through-fig/

At which point Tommy shit himself getting mad at me posting it. The article isn't bad. But what it did do was out that they were begging for money and he knew they needed it for a console they didn't have ready to make.

Two months earlier he had passed on the opportunity to have a factory source all parts and lock in a price for each console made. A price that would net them around a 40% profit on each console sale.

The only reason to not do it is they couldn't because the console wasn't finished.

So in short my opinion is that the Amico Scam Day should be officially know as being on April 17, 2020.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Not only do I not know who those people are, or what they were doing I've never been on any youtube chat anywhere, ever.  I have over nine thousand comments here on Atariage, I try to address the subject of discussion not the person, even though others insist on making it personal.

In the old Merlin TV miniseries, there was a subplot where the evil Fairy Queen could only be defeated when everyone collectively ignored that she existed and refused to interact with her. The plot culminated in the scene where Martin Short's character turns his back on her, and she loses all power and effect on the real world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

In the old Merlin TV miniseries, there was a subplot where the evil Fairy Queen could only be defeated when everyone collectively ignored that she existed and refused to interact with her. The plot culminated in the scene where Martin Short's character turns his back on her, and she loses all power and effect on the real world.

That miniseries ruled.  Miranda Richardson was an awesome evil Fairy Queen (Queen Mab). 

Queen Mab | RK Summers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Not only do I not know who those people are, or what they were doing I've never been on any youtube chat anywhere, ever.  I have over nine thousand comments here on Atariage, I try to address the subject of discussion not the person, even though others insist on making it personal.

Wow. I mean I set you up with a pretty softball question, and you don't even answer it. That kind of speaks for itself. You didn't need to know or not know anyone to answer it.

I mean I don't need to know or not know anyone to say that threatening to use their kids pictures is wrong. Way to show your colors there.

43 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

16 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

That miniseries ruled.  Miranda Richardson was an awesome evil Fairy Queen (Queen Mab). 

Queen Mab | RK Summers

I have never watched it. Is it streaming anywhere? Speaking of old TV shows, Jr. Beefy and I just opened a Hercules the Legendary Journey toy. We are posting the full unboxing tomorrow but edited this short out of it.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I have never watched it. Is it streaming anywhere? Speaking of old TV shows, Jr. Beefy and I just opened a Hercules the Legendary Journey toy. We are posting the full unboxing tomorrow but edited this short out of it.

IMHO, it's a very good late 90s mini-series.  The cast is pretty dang impressive: Sam Neil, Miranda Richardson, Martin Short, Isabella Rossini, Rutger Howard, James Earl Jones, Helena Bonham Carter.

It's available on a few different free streaming services. Queen Mab's character is a pretty good metaphor for the Amico mentality.  She keeps lamenting the fact that the people are turning from the "old ways" (Paganism, Magic, etc.).  She uses her power, hoping to sway them back.  The more sensible magic creatures accept the changes but Mab doesn't want to go quietly. 

https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/merlin/1030482998/

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Look, I'm not saying it was an Aesop's Fable or anything, but maybe there's a life lesson to be learned from it nonetheless....

31 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Look, I'm not saying it was an Aesop's Fable or anything, but maybe there's a life lesson to be learned from it nonetheless....

image.jpeg.d3fc7cb55794d9328169adbec0914f2d.jpeg

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Haha 5

Okay, so I started watching some Merlin (1998) clips and this exchange between the ruthless King Vortigern and a goofy soothsayer reminded me a little of IE's responses to their investors.  

Angry King : "If you're a soothsayer, you should know..." 

Soothsayer : "You think I should know that...Well....erm...hrrrrmmm...I'll read the stones.".  Reminds me a bit of: "That's not my department...I'll let you know in a few weeks.". 

• Haha 3

This came across my desk today.

tumblr_15349747f3827b28c4c1d3dfc1813615_014bb6e6_1280.thumb.jpg.dbe6b7349f45f5114d229b0b0a3399db.jpg

So it is monumental to...

Not distribute a product anywhere, have preorders below 10,000,

Not put it in retail.

Then he goes and lies about their numbers and say J Allard was blown away about how not good of a fit it was...

If Intellivision is winning at losing, does that still count as winning?

• Haha 5

Truth or not, It does have a, cloud of pre-emptive damage control hanging over it, The second half of the entire Article in fact, Complete with the name calling and attacking credibility of a "self proclaimed expert" (Pat)...At the very least from a casual observation ,Seems quite unprofessional, and counter productive...IMHO.

Edited by Jenni
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since there was no date on that screen cap, I searched for the full context online. It was page 772 of the Tommy thread, and when I click on it, I get "you're banned from this topic, you can't read it." Thanks, Jaybird. @Albert if you want some volunteers to go thru the old Amico threads and un-bury all the skeletons like this, I think there are many people out there who would happily help make the community a better place. 

In the meantime, someone made an offline archive of it: https://amicoage.neocities.org/772.html

The posting date was June 21, 2020. Where was the Fig crowdfunding campaign at that point in time? @MrBeefy I seem to remember the Mr. Tallarico having a peculiar reaction when you first posted about their fundraising campaign. Was this about the same time? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jenni said:

Truth or not, It does have a, cloud of pre-emptive damage control hanging over it, The second half of the entire Article in fact, Complete with the name calling and attacking credibility of a "self proclaimed expert" (Pat)...At the very least from a casual observation ,Seems quite unprofessional, and counter productive...IMHO.

Ha you should just go through the old Q&A thread if you got time to blow and want to see a bunch of that.

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

I'm not the strongest in the ways of maths, but if VCS isn't sold at retail but Intellivision's numbers are 25X more, isn't that just 0 x 25 = Tommy Kinda Told the Truth There?

Nope still a lie. VCS while limited did actually make it to retail. (Can't believe I'm defending VCS against another console 🤣). Tommy can't Math either.

48 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Since there was no date on that screen cap, I searched for the full context online. It was page 772 of the Tommy thread, and when I click on it, I get "you're banned from this topic, you can't read it." Thanks, Jaybird. @Albert if you want some volunteers to go thru the old Amico threads and un-bury all the skeletons like this, I think there are many people out there who would happily help make the community a better place. 

In the meantime, someone made an offline archive of it: https://amicoage.neocities.org/772.html

The posting date was June 21, 2020. Where was the Fig crowdfunding campaign at that point in time? @MrBeefy I seem to remember the Mr. Tallarico having a peculiar reaction when you first posted about their fundraising campaign. Was this about the same time? 

Oh he sure did. This was the post that got me banned from the Q&A thread.

Screenshot_20221204_134920_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dcfe8aa7b43870fb4ab3f70e452c2234.jpg

Which can be read here: https://amicoage.neocities.org/551.html

Here was his response.

Screenshot_20221204_135229_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b3411cead4be0328921df58c824b17d0.jpg

Which can be read here: https://amicoage.neocities.org/552.html

Such an odd response to a link to invest in a console that is "100% on the up and up". Note that he also did not promote this anywhere and it was at least a day after the FIG campaign started. He didn't want that to be found. It was crowdfunding and as I noted in my old threads he said they'd never do that. 

Here's another response of his to the article in which he blatantly lies.

Screenshot_20221204_135600_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9fe41f2464e8640f2de1e1a73796fed3.jpgScreenshot_20221204_135609_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ff379ce5b697bc6a46caa6554b914ae1.jpg

There Was no mainstream anything that made a difference. Here are some quickly after.Screenshot_20221204_140110_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6fd92732be3c912227cad8b50f091077.jpgScreenshot_20221204_140142_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fcdf62f93f529e288e9881007438459b.jpgScreenshot_20221204_140208_Chrome.thumb.jpg.571a2433059a7f4cbde8ab6055ae6652.jpg

Well I think I nailed it! He did make the forums look bad. AA was better off without him.

I'd be willing to help volunteer too. 

13 minutes ago, Keatah said:

I liked old Intellivision better. A REAL console was actually produced and cartridges released. Had loads-a good times. All we had to do was BMX to the department store with $$$ from mom'n'dad.

Don't know what's happening here. But I ain't seeing anything after 4 years..

Intellivision Entertainment actually make something? Wouldn't that be something? :D

*Edit* since I can't miss an opportunity to be a smarty pants. Here is Tommy's hobby...

4c35554a1eeceddbd9edc716ba951308f192ce0e.jpg.fb972ac61e50e66ba6e326f7c2a7fb7e.jpg

Making hater folders in between some backgammon playing.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

I'm not the strongest in the ways of maths, but if VCS isn't sold at retail but Intellivision's numbers are 25X more, isn't that just 0 x 25 = Tommy Kinda Told the Truth There?

Yeah and Tommy T. was wrong about the VCS, as well.  Wasn't it available, in store, at Microcenter and other retailers, at least for a while? 

I get that it was far from a smash-hit retail product but, at least, it was...a retail product. 

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Keatah said:

Don't know what's happening here. But I ain't seeing anything after 4 years..

Parody lyrics for "Something Happening Here" by Buffalo Springfield? 

"Don't know what's happening here

But I haven't seen progress in years

There's a man with his own super-thread 

Should be building that console instead"

"I say: Oof, Atari-Age, don't look now; Ole Mr. T. has come to town."

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 2