IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

When you pay to go to the fantasy camp five times, you become eligible for the "Yankees Fantasy Camp Hall of Fame"...

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-fantasy-camp-helps-dreams-come-true-c269481506

Basically when you give them at least $25,000 they start to feel like they have to give you something in return. It's totally hilarious that he twisted that "achievement" into calling himself a Hall of fame Yankees minor league baseball player.

You haters are spreading MISINFORMATION. He wasn't part of no minor leagues. He's the the BIG DAMN DEAL TOMMY TALL! They bumped him up into the majors.

Screenshot_20221204_222750_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e3830cb0bb4827d8e4f1b8e3e7f8c128.jpg

Minor leagues are for phonies.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Haha no way... oh man he put it on his website too! It's just too sad, it really is.

Yeah it's under the award section. www.tommytallarico.com :D

Oops...I mean www.tallarico.com

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

I guess he considers himself as a celebrity hall of famer, like there are in WWE (Donald Trump, Pete Rose, etc.).

But you guys are jealous because you're not used to rack the W's... 😎

I don't think this is the W that matters.

Screenshot_20221205_040957_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b9a9aa52166e2aa3dd1be51db790de2c.jpg

Bragging about an award for the console that you drove into the dirt and 3 years later still haven't made it.

Also celebrity?

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

• Haha 5

A lot of the awards announced by Intellivision between 2019 and 2021 didn't make tremendous sense to me. Not sure of being named best consumer technology years before it reached even pre-pilot production. I remember reading at least one of these (Octane?) charged $10,000 per table to attend the ceremony. I wonder where that fit into the SEC disclosures of money spent.

At 13:53 in this video Intellivision also gets Best Places to Work 2021 award. This was just one year ago. "Look at this office, it's so cool!" I think more money was spent making the office look cool than should had been before the company had any product or revenue.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 7

49 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

A lot of the awards announced by Intellivision between 2019 and 2021 didn't make tremendous sense to me. Not sure of being named best consumer technology years before it reached even pre-pilot production. I remember reading at least one of these (Octane?) charged $10,000 per table to attend the ceremony. I wonder where that fit into the SEC disclosures of money spent.

At 13:53 in this video Intellivision also gets Best Places to Work 2021 award. This was just one year ago. "Look at this office, it's so cool!" I think more money was spent making the office look cool than should had been before the company had any product or revenue.

Yeah those awards Intellivision "won" were BS. Octane has a mentorship program thing that Intellivision were part of. It was simply promotion and successful company cosplay.

Fun fact... some dude who is associated with Octane appeared in the Boomers promotional event as an impressed member of the public (the same video with the actress doing the same).

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, MattPilz said:

It makes perfect sense when you look at it from the perspective they were playing dress up.

It was about the perception of looking like they are big without doing the work needed to do a big project. This is why I think they intended to sell the company and have the buyer be stuck with making them.

They had a partnership with Neil Patel and it explains why Tommy shit himself everywhere trying to hide any rational conversation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/neilpatel.com/blog/simple-guide-to-seo/%3famp

This console was to be released by 10/10/2020. What things did they actually achieve by that date to show they intended to be the ones to make it themselves?

Console shells? Yes

Hardware? No the first possible production run of those are in Mullis' and DJC's hands, 2 to years years after they should have made them. The ones shown off in public were not the actual hardware to be used.

FCC certs? No

Software? No on backend, No on firmware, No on finished games. Pack in games weren't finalized.

Parts? No it was late 2020 and they hadn't ordered all of it. That is something late 2019 they should have lined up.

Targeting the consumer? If you believe it wasn't a retro console then, no.

Now look at it from the perspective of hoping to sell but not make the step themselves.

Show shiny shell? Yes

Show small blips of unfinished games to make it seem they were in the works? Yes

Show basic android menu to give impression it was ready? Yes

Use places and people like AA to be a fluffer for the company to make the hype seem real? Yes

Videos made to impress investors instead of customers? Yes. 

Use shortcuts to make demos of games by stealing art assets or storyline from other games? Yes

The only way things make sense is if they wanted to sell. OR were just that grossly incompetent. I think it was a blend of both. They wanted to sell, but were to incompetent to make an appealing product and were too incompetent to make a plan for if they couldn't sell.

tumblr_b9859b3d3b995e5d98c7c2818feb7438_e9192e3b_500.png.ceb243ea00c5596bc03d42b15f0dfd04.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

@MrBeefy Tommy crapping his pants trying to hide his sketchy investment stuff from customers would suggest he knows right from wrong, is capable of guilt and remorse, and isn’t a complete sociopath. That’s good!

Nevertheless, he chose to do the wrong thing, again and again, until the money was gone and so were their prospects for getting more. That’s bad. 

@MattPilz I’ve see her before, in “how it like working for a game company, drink some beer at work, sure thing”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

@MrBeefy Tommy crapping his pants trying to hide his sketchy investment stuff from customers would suggest he knows right from wrong, is capable of guilt and remorse, and isn’t a complete sociopath. That’s good!

Nevertheless, he chose to do the wrong thing, again and again, until the money was gone and so were their prospects for getting more. That’s bad. 

@MattPilz I’ve see her before, in “how it like working for a game company, drink some beer at work, sure thing”

I think it shows he knows right from wrong. It doesn't mean he can feel guilt or remorse though. 

Maybe they were all too drunk to order parts, finalize games, finalize hardware, make business decisions? I mean one thing is for sure, the CEO spent more time and effort on AA than a plan to release a console.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I’ve see her before, in “how it like working for a game company, drink some beer at work, sure thing”

Seeing that and I can appreciate why staffers felt it was an awesome gig to be part of. Many of them seem skilled and passionate to carry the idea forward. According to her CV on LinkedIn she worked there 18 months and on a lot of aspects. I'd reason she seems highly more qualified for actual unit testing and debugging than any known parties who currently have testing units...

image.thumb.png.5e57e058ee92e27c6ed0fcc9145a3eb3.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Seeing that and I can appreciate why staffers felt it was an awesome gig to be part of. Many of them seem skilled and passionate to carry the idea forward. According to her CV on LinkedIn she worked there 18 months and on a lot of aspects. I'd reason she seems highly more qualified for actual unit testing and debugging than any known parties who currently have testing units...

image.thumb.png.5e57e058ee92e27c6ed0fcc9145a3eb3.png

What was the rest of her experience? Like pre IE?

15 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

What was the rest of her experience? Like pre IE?

Self taught programming stuff, and before that, a hotel concierge. Good for Intellivision for taking a chance on her? She's working as a software developer now, hopefully at a stable place that doesn't rely on crowdfunding and preorders to stay afloat. 

Reposting the link for the funny TikTok she did, since it seems like the embedded version got eaten, I suspect because of plugin problems related to last night's forum outage. Embedding it doesn't seem to work today so here's the link by itself. 
https://www.tiktok.com/@kimdarella/video/6974559230493756677

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MattPilz said:

I agree. These so-called "awards" are phony and just made to puff companies up.  Basically it's paying the money to belong to a club to gain acceptance.

17 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

FCC certs? No

Are you sure or just trying to get Mr. Me to argue with you? 😄

16 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I think it shows he knows right from wrong. It doesn't mean he can feel guilt or remorse though. 

If he's sorry, he's sorry he got caught.

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Self taught programming stuff, and before that, a hotel concierge. Good for Intellivision for taking a chance on her? She's working as a software developer now, hopefully at a stable place that doesn't rely on crowdfunding and preorders to stay afloat. 

Reposting the link for the funny TikTok she did, since it seems like the embedded version got eaten, I suspect because of plugin problems related to last night's forum outage. Embedding it doesn't seem to work today so here's the link by itself. 
https://www.tiktok.com/@kimdarella/video/6974559230493756677

Overall they seem to have had enough talent and money to make a games console.

The management were just too far off in la-la land to deal with the realities of doing that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

I agree. These so-called "awards" are phony and just made to puff companies up.  Basically it's paying the money to belong to a club to gain acceptance.

Are you sure or just trying to get Mr. Me to argue with you? 😄

If he's sorry, he's sorry he got caught.

It's a way these companies try to make themselves look big and legit. It helps with SEO and such.

I mean look at some of the diehards that thought there was nothing shady. They were like Tommy wouldn't risk his reputation if it wasn't a slam dunk. However, they are to dumb to realize that most of what he says is a lie. He got many to sniff farts out of his ass that they refused to see reality.

And there is no arguement with mrme. The fact is there aren't any FCC certs. Unless he can show evidence that there is, he's just having delusions if he says they have them.

Tommy wouldn't be sorry if caught. I mean look at me posting that link talking about Fig. That basically pointed to them using crowdfunding when saying they would never do that. This is the prayer of Tommy.

The-Narcissists-Prayer.thumb.png.73d11815def17535d5d18ac070689e83.png

Just go through the old thread and you will see every single one of those.

2 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Overall they seem to have had enough talent and money to make a games console.

The management were just too far off in la-la land to deal with the realities of doing that.

The management was definitely in la-la land. However, I think you over estimate their talent.

That and they did also have their priorities off. They used interns to watch social media and take note of people and what they were saying. Remember, a goofball like me can't say anything that would tank Amico. They spent time and "manpower" on following people like myself around online.

Instead they could have put their time and effort on making a console and SHOWING me that their basic Android console is worth the $200+.

Instead they just continued to shit themselves. They made people like Mike Kennedy and Chris Cardillo look good. And the last I remember someone had a good statement on Cardillo being something like a stain.

• Like 6

When I said that they had the talent, I meant in terms of the engineers and software developers they managed to attract. Most of those seem to have gone into the company with a great deal of enthusiasm but left it disillusioned and disappointed when the realized that it was all going nowhere.

I don't think they were ever going to produce something that could have sold hundreds of thousands of units, let alone the millions of the financial forecasts in their pitch deck, but they could probably have made something.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

When I said that they had the talent, I meant in terms of the engineers and software developers they managed to attract. Most of those seem to have gone into the company with a great deal of enthusiasm but left it disillusioned and disappointed when the realized that it was all going nowhere.

I don't think they were ever going to produce something that could have sold hundreds of thousands of units, let alone the millions of the financial forecasts in their pitch deck, but they could probably have made something.

For blowing $17 mil they should have been able to shit out a basic android box. I think a lot of people forget that this hardware isn't anything more than a basic android box that China pumps out like candy.

That is what is funny about how much lag and stuttering you would see in the games they'd show. It was so basic tech that even their simple games made it struggle.

Farkle for farkles sake had framerate issues. Farkle!

It was really nothing more than a glorified Banana Pi M3.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

For blowing $17 mil they should have been able to shit out a basic android box. I think a lot of people forget that this hardware isn't anything more than a basic android box that China pumps out like candy.

That is what is funny about how much lag and stuttering you would see in the games they'd show. It was so basic tech that even their simple games made it struggle.

They should of just sold the Amico with a Pi inside. Who cares whats inside of the final console....its all about the games!   

Oh wait....none of the games were complete as well as the backend....etc etc etc

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Again, I wouldn't fault the developers and engineers for things that were more down to the failures in management.

They're the ones who could have downgraded the project when it became clear that Silicon Valley VCs weren't going to fund it.

They're the ones who set unrealistic release dates, took pre-orders and ran shady crowdfunding campaigns before the hardware and games were ready.

They're the ones who chose to pursue an overambitious controller design that suffered from high latency all for the sake of functionality that the games didn't really need.

And they're the ones who saddled the company with so much onerous debt that they had to price a $150 Android box at over $300 just to break even on a sale.

Had a decision been made at the end of 2019 to design an Android box with conventional controllers to a price, stick the Play Store on it and maybe finish off the dozen or so games that were mostly funded through grant money, I'd think that something could have been delivered. The result would have been kind of dull, a bit like the new Atari VCS, but at least it could have existed.

• Like 4