IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

7 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Again, I wouldn't fault the developers and engineers for things that were more down to the failures in management.

They're the ones who could have downgraded the project when it became clear that Silicon Valley VCs weren't going to fund it.

They're the ones who set unrealistic release dates, took pre-orders and ran shady crowdfunding campaigns before the hardware and games were ready.

They're the ones who chose to pursue an overambitious controller design that suffered from high latency all for the sake of functionality that the games didn't really need.

And they're the ones who saddled the company with so much onerous debt that they had to price a $150 Android box at over $300 just to break even on a sale.

Had a decision been made at the end of 2019 to design an Android box with conventional controllers to a price, stick the Play Store on it and maybe finish off the dozen or so games that were mostly funded through grant money, I'd think that something could have been delivered. The result would have been kind of dull, a bit like the new Atari VCS, but at least it could have existed.

Yeah the controllers were definitely over engineered and not good. I do think that the console itself had some bad design choices too that inflated the price.

5 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I finally put in a request to get my Founders Edition money back. Tired of waiting for this, but it probably won't happen. Refund probably won't happen either, but I might as well try to get my money back.

You should at least try. Not trying just suggests to then and future scammed that people will write it off.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

And there is no arguement with mrme. The fact is there aren't any FCC certs. Unless he can show evidence that there is, he's just having delusions if he says they have them.

At best this is some trolling, it is personal mischaracterisation as that is not what I'm saying.  It's been discussed many times, their engineers are not claiming to have fcc certification.  They said that their prototype was tested for RF emissions and found to be within fcc requirements.  From what was said it doesn't even look like they submitted that prototype for certification.

19 hours ago, Rev said:

Oh wait....none of the games were complete as well as the backend....etc etc etc

Where are you getting your information from?

12 minutes ago, mr_me said:

At best this is some trolling, it is personal mischaracterisation as that is not what I'm saying.  It's been discussed many times, their engineers are not claiming to have fcc certification.  They said that their prototype was tested for RF emissions and found to be within fcc requirements.  From what was said it doesn't even look like they submitted that prototype for certification.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0b25895b91ce11a904e0bbebc58d0a8.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, rayik said:

I read that exchange back when I first saw the saved archive of the thread. Tommy's reaction to SegaSnatcher's posts were completely ridiculous. The fact that jaybird3rd actually banned SegaSnatcher from the thread because Tommy threw a tantrum was even more ridiculous. 

The way Tommy said, "...or I'll have you removed" indicates that he knew that certain moderator actions could be done at his request. Interesting...

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I still on occasion experiment with the RFID cards sitting in a pile here. After more analysis I still don't see any sign that they contain hidden data or secondary payloads that would only be readable by the RFID scanner of Amico but not on any other readers. Also am making an educated guess that the RFID scanners in Amico are not proprietary hardware, but rather a common ISO-15693 13.56 MHz style that matches these card variants, which are most comparable to RFID-enabled business cards with an encoded URL and then 00 bytes filling the remainder.

The true test would be to replicate the accessible data on one card to a blank RFID chip, and then have that tested on an actual Amico to see if it still activates the game. But currently that'd require sending the card to DJC or Mike and since they are unable to disclose operations of their test units beyond saying "RFID works" that would be very unenlightening. If the duplicated card would work, then obviously there is no hidden or encrypted data.

I'm mostly intrigued by the topic because Tommy indicated in one comment that there were other aspects of these cards beyond just the URL that would only be detectable by the Amico and that made me curious.

image.thumb.png.50d278fd1c2b6614de98e3892f80206b.png

image.thumb.png.48ed936f403bddaa6dca293274578a7a.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

He's getting his facts from what IE posted on websites in which they would get in trouble for misrepresenting their progress.

As you like to say this has been discussed and you refused to believe it then too. A mischaracterization? You asking dumb questions about things people showed facts on a long time ago doesn't help your cause.

2 hours ago, rayik said:

And this is what started the stain mark on the site. Also the refusal for Tommy to be removed from threads he was shitting in also didn't look good. But hey time has shown that Tommy was full of shit.

1 hour ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Hey look, it's me lol. 

Please leave....

1 hour ago, zapzapzac said:

Reality. Like everyone but you.

But but but...

Screenshot_20211024-160753_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b987d08acc6653761ecb4277ebe452ab.jpg

Did you know that fake vegan farts have hallucigenic properties? That was listed by the company after their first delay. Really who wants to listen to some guy who approves of people threatening to spread pictures of children?

35 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

I still on occasion experiment with the RFID cards sitting in a pile here. After more analysis I still don't see any sign that they contain hidden data or secondary payloads that would only be readable by the RFID scanner of Amico but not on any other readers. Also am making an educated guess that the RFID scanners in Amico are not proprietary hardware, but rather a common ISO-15693 13.56 MHz style that matches these card variants, which are most comparable to RFID-enabled business cards with an encoded URL and then 00 bytes filling the remainder.

The true test would be to replicate the accessible data on one card to a blank RFID chip, and then have that tested on an actual Amico to see if it still activates the game. But currently that'd require sending the card to DJC or Mike and since they are unable to disclose operations of their test units beyond saying "RFID works" that would be very unenlightening. If the duplicated card would work, then obviously there is no hidden or encrypted data.

I'm mostly intrigued by the topic because Tommy indicated in one comment that there were other aspects of these cards beyond just the URL that would only be detectable by the Amico and that made me curious.

If you actually read that comment from Tommy it says nothing. It goes to a url and that's it. He said it "doesn't mean" which means shit. It's vague talk to keep idiots from questioning him. Like saying they passed FCC stuff but show no evidence of passing FCC. Unless FCC are a bunch of lying untalented gatekeeping.

They couldn't secure a dev portal and Tommy shit his pants when someone accessed it by a DuckDuckGo search. They have no special encryption beyond what you see.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx5_LLiac7AizVzfoHhqQvRjCFUFcKsoe9

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

This is the type of reader they would be using.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/stmicroelectronics/ST25R3912-BQFM/7312977

Is what you are coming up with still basically this?

Screenshot_20220810-213156_Reddit.thumb.jpg.d962ca9a7b8a7d13811840336c5d2606.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

This is the type of reader they would be using.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/stmicroelectronics/ST25R3912-BQFM/7312977

Is what you are coming up with still basically this?

Screenshot_20220810-213156_Reddit.thumb.jpg.d962ca9a7b8a7d13811840336c5d2606.jpg

Yep that’s all that is on the cards. Even advanced reading and scanning for all types and raw bytes it is still jus that URL data.

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Yep that’s all that is on the cards. Even advanced reading and scanning for all types and raw bytes it is still jus that URL data.

They better hope they don't lose their url. It wouldn't surprise me since they are barely able to keep their trademark up.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

You should at least try. Not trying just suggests to then and future scammed that people will write it off.

I just want my damn game system and stuff. If they aren't going to release it then I want my money back so I can go waste it on Toaplan arcade PCBs instead. I'll get one if they ever release it, but they probably won't, so I ultimately will likely not have to worry about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I just want my damn game system and stuff. If they aren't going to release it then I want my money back so I can go waste it on Toaplan arcade PCBs instead. I'll get one if they ever release it, but they probably won't, so I ultimately will likely not have to worry about it.

Don't be a hater! They are delaying it to make it better. You will regret not getting in the low price of $300. You won't get the signature of Tommy Tall on it! You won't get your 2021 FE patch!

To be serious it is a DOA console. I doubt they make them either as Phil said he won't make just 7000 of them. A majority of those 7000 they took $100 from and blew it. They don't care to even give those who stuck with it, a console. IE is actively saying they don't want to make you a console that you gave them money for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Don't be a hater! They are delaying it to make it better. You will regret not getting in the low price of $300. You won't get the signature of Tommy Tall on it! You won't get your 2021 FE patch!

To be serious it is a DOA console. I doubt they make them either as Phil said he won't make just 7000 of them. A majority of those 7000 they took $100 from and blew it. They don't care to even give those who stuck with it, a console. IE is actively saying they don't want to make you a console that you gave them money for.

Yeah it's probably dead. Oh well. Time to go buy some ancient-ass arcade games that are older than I am.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

They better hope they don't lose their url. It wouldn't surprise me since they are barely able to keep their trademark up.

Hopefully the European boxed editions don't link to intellivision.eu instead, as that's on the for-sale market already despite being part of European press releases and Hans' email address. The Intellivision.com domain itself isn't exactly known for longevity either, having exchanged many hands over the years. Not sure what Tommy finally paid to resecure it a couple years ago.

image.thumb.png.ac11ead822aa39505bd07cfeccca582c.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Wait, could it be possible Tommy was bullshitting once again? No way! 🙄

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah it's probably dead. Oh well. Time to go buy some ancient-ass arcade games that are older than I am.

Yeah but at least those exist. Also if by chance it does release it would be like you are buying an ancient-ass smart phone.

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Wait, could it be possible Tommy was bullshitting once again? No way! 🙄

Would a Yankee HoFer, a 7 different Guiness World Records bullshit, and person who was on MTV Cribs bullshit? No way man!

4 hours ago, Matt_B said:

The games, or even the online infrastructure to download them via, never existing would be a pretty robust anti-piracy feature, I'd think.

You are a genius.

46 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

It's actually the same philosophy they chose for parental control. There's no need of parental controls because all games are for everyone.

Well, there's no need for anti-piracy feature because there's nothing to pirate. Who would pirate Farkle to begin with?

I wonder what happened in the households that got Amico games in Christmas past?

13 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Is Mr_Me still playing the "Devil's Advocate" angle?  

Come on now, 2 - 3 yrs ago I could understand, but at the end of 2022 with everything we know at this point?

To play devils advocate I'd have to be taking the opposite position.  I'm just asking where that information came from.  Also I'm not saying they have fcc certification.  It's a false personal mischaracterisation.

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

He's getting his facts from what IE posted on websites in which they would get in trouble for misrepresenting their progress.

Is there a website that says they have zero games ready.  Let alone the claim is being made in late 2022.

8 hours ago, MattPilz said:

If it's using a tag that has a second memory area that's read protected, would you know, or would you have to send a command/password?

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Since their server would already be in communication with the console, the url on the card is irrelevant.  The url is clearly meant for people to see.

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

It's actually the same philosophy they chose for parental control. There's no need of parental controls because all games are for everyone.

Well, there's no need for anti-piracy feature because there's nothing to pirate. Who would pirate Farkle to begin with?

FarkleFan5000 and friends...

• Haha 2