IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

To play devils advocate I'd have to be taking the opposite position.  I'm just asking where that information came from.  Also I'm not saying they have fcc certification.  It's a false personal mischaracterisation.

But you still refuse to admit that this whole project doesn't pass the sniff test.  

Do you agree or disagree that the company and especially Tommy has lied on many occasions regarding the Amico project?

I'm not talking exaggerations, but bold face lies. 

• Like 6

Man did someone let one rip after my last comment?

4 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

FarkleFan5000 and friends...

I will find it funny if the Amico makes it into a halfway techy person's hands and the next thing you know people will be playing Amico on their 6 year old phones, or Rpis.

3 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

And you're still here.  But where is Tommy?....

image.jpeg.943c50b77cf84facb01a6672c45aaf2a.jpeg

I hear he's busy still culling comments from videos and playing backgammon. He might also be in the process of tricking some college musicians to play for free at an upcoming VGL concert.

Speaking of the VGL, and thinking on him committing the crime of smuggling the money. Does everyone remember when he made the joke of having to show the insides of the Amico shell? And how that had an Aurdino board that ran the LEDs? I bet due to that $100,000 crime he doesn't get randomly checked. He's probably on a list. 😬

His mother is very proud. :P

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

But you still refuse to admit that this whole project doesn't pass the sniff test.  

Do you agree or disagree that the company and especially Tommy has lied on many occasions regarding the Amico project?

I'm not talking exaggerations, but bold face lies. 

Wasting your time. He can't say he disapproves of people threatening to spread pictures of my kid around.

Hey you should make it come full circle and ask him to, "Please leave"! 🤣 Don't really do that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Tommy's not here...but @mr_me is...HMMmmm...  And I do like that he's respectful.  At least,  I've not seen him stoop to name calling, etc.  He's honestly been a much better person than Tommy ever could be.  Why he seemingly still believes in the project after all that's happened,  I don't know.

Now personally I don't think this system has a ghost of a chance of ever coming out...But as some would point out,  (I guess) there's this tiny, tiny, tiny, sub-microscopic,  barely atomic level, sliver of nanohope...

So it's got that going for it...

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2022 at 11:59 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

I finally put in a request to get my Founders Edition money back. Tired of waiting for this, but it probably won't happen. Refund probably won't happen either, but I might as well try to get my money back.

Did you pay with a credit card?  If you don't hear back from IE (and I don't think you will), you could sic the credit card company on them.  I'd think sending them the video of the CEO of the company telling you that you could get your money back at any time would get their attention.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Tommy's not here...but @mr_me is...HMMmmm...  And I do like that he's respectful.  At least,  I've not seen him stoop to name calling, etc.  He's honestly been a much better person than Tommy ever could be.  Why he seemingly still believes in the project after all that's happened,  I don't know.

Now personally I don't think this system has a ghost of a chance of ever coming out...But as some would point out,  (I guess) there's this tiny, tiny, tiny, sub-microscopic,  barely atomic level, sliver of nanohope...

Their greater problem:

Now that FTC has filed against Microsoft, it won't be long before they go after the others with dreams of world domination (evil grin)

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, number6 said:

Their greater problem:

Now that FTC has filed against Microsoft, it won't be long before they go after the others with dreams of world domination (evil grin)

That's it Amico!  We know about your plan to outsell Nintendo, Sony, and Evercade combined...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Damn, the GIFs have disappeared. 🤔 Well, insert Jim Carrey asking "so you're telling me there's a chance?"

19 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

That's it Amico!  We know about your plan to outsell Nintendo, Sony, and Evercade combined...

Speaking of Evercade, I'm pretty sure Tommy asked his Silician cousins to "take care" of that Evercade shipment. 😒

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Damn, the GIFs have disappeared. 🤔 Well, insert Jim Carrey asking "so you're telling me there's a chance?"

Speaking of Evercade, I'm pretty sure Tommy asked his Silician cousins to "take care" of that Evercade shipment. 😒

Haha! I thought it was funny to throw in Evercade when most folks would expect me to say MicroSoft ,  ...Also... Ya know,  I was "this close" to inserting that Jim Carrey meme...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeaijZMIcebsqhGvAVhoU

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Why he seemingly still believes in the project after all that's happened,  I don't know.

I never really got the impression that he does believe in it.  I've always though he just enjoys trolling people and no disrespect to anyone here.... but lots of folk in here seem quite easily trolled.  So if anyone gets their jollys from that sort of thing, just pop in a comment that can be considered "pro Tommy," keep it real with a "they said" preface (so you can say "not my opinion, I'm just stating what they said," and sit back for the reactions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Don't forget Playdate. More people know about IE than Panic per former CEO.

tumblr_7ce5f8cb52c2519115790027af559a1a_8e94970e_500.gif.308e7c4b386e1cfc14ab4cef9fbc97ab.gif

Business stuff is boring, nevertheless this applies to your post which is about total addressable market (TAM) from those who know the subject:

Pitch decks can have the tendency to ignore SAM and SOM and just try to hazard a guess for a TAM, leaving it at that. Through this omission, they often make sweeping and ill-defined generalizations about a customer base, such as “we are targeting millennial smartphone users.” Down the line, a failure to have a true guide of a TAM, SAM, and SOM, with considerations towards customer segmentation and competitive dynamics, can lead to disappointing outcomes and poor product-market fit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm not sure if that's a Caddyshack reference but it made me watch that clip. You could definitely turn that narrative about the Lama stiffing Carl Spackler into an Amico joke. 

Intellivision Superfans: "Hey IE...How about a little something...you know: for the pre-order???"

IE:"Oh, there won't be any money...or a product.  BUT, when you die: you will receive total retro enlightenment.".  

INtellivision Superfans: "So I got that going for me....which is nice!". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/4/2022 at 3:29 PM, Tommy2D said:

Yeah and Tommy T. was wrong about the VCS, as well.  Wasn't it available, in store, at Microcenter and other retailers, at least for a while? 

I get that it was far from a smash-hit retail product but, at least, it was...a retail product. 

It was indeed on shelves in physical space able to be purchased - and even had some sales.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, number6 said:

Business stuff is boring, nevertheless this applies to your post which is about total addressable market (TAM) from those who know the subject:

Yup and that's what happened here.

It was a general statement about gaming that actually didn't fit what Amico was. But I've worked in research and data and could see Tommy had zero idea of all the confounding variable bullshit.

Like that stupid link that said what the average $ spent on mobile per user. You can't use blanket things like that. Does Amico have DLC? Microtransactions? Or Ads? The answer is, no. That so many dollars spent per user includes those things.

His research would need to include how much did people spend on a one time purchase of a game, that had no microtransactions, extra stuff to buy, or ads.

I could bet the stupid type of questions they asked in "focus testing". Even then they didn't have a product. I bet most of their research came from anecdotal Tommy evidence and the team that designed the console shell.

If they had solid research the CEO wouldn't have needed to put on clown shoes and act the fool trying to have people removed from discussing stuff. The market has show that this console isn't for less than 10,000 people. That number also doesn't account for how many AAers pre-ordered more than one console. So the actual number of people is even less. 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I could bet the stupid type of questions they asked in "focus testing". Even then they didn't have a product. I bet most of their research came from anecdotal Tommy evidence and the team that designed the console shell.

I do not believe there was any traditional focus group testing.  A common pattern shown was to imply things without actually saying them.  The person reading it would then assume what was meant without them actually saying anything.  

We were told there was "focus group" testing.  One assumes this involves utilizing an independent company to obtain panels of individuals with certain demographics, letting them use the console, play games and get feedback.

But never once did they say that is what they actually did.  Tbey could just have just let their family or friends try a game, see if they like it and say they did "focus group" testing.  But the reader / listener comes a different conclusion.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, rayik said:

I do not believe there was any traditional focus group testing.  A common pattern shown was to imply things without actually saying them.  The person reading it would then assume what was meant without them actually saying anything.  

We were told there was "focus group" testing.  One assumes this involves utilizing an independent company to obtain panels of individuals with certain demographics, letting them use the console, play games and get feedback.

But never once did they say that is what they actually did.  Tbey could just have just let their family or friends try a game, see if they like it and say they did "focus group" testing.  But the reader / listener comes a different conclusion.

He liked using his mom and wife as evidence.

That and his inability to navigate the Clubhouse Games menu. I mean it is pretty simple.

Edit: he did like saying he had the DATA. Which if was true would have said this was an iffy idea at best.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Did you pay with a credit card?  If you don't hear back from IE (and I don't think you will), you could sic the credit card company on them.  I'd think sending them the video of the CEO of the company telling you that you could get your money back at any time would get their attention.

Nope, debit card from my D+/C- tier Japanese bank because it was the easiest bank for a foreigner to get an account with at the time. I really should get a better bank eventually.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rayik said:

Focus group testing is far from being an exact science, anyway. It's unfortunately easy to make it say what you want by swaying questions and participants. For instance, if they asked someone if their controller with two buttons and a touch screen was simpler than a traditional controller, I'm pretty sure most people would admit it is, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing on the long run.

I always think of that example during the development of the first Game Boy. 100% of tested people preferred the color screen to the black and white one, obviously, but Nintendo was totally right to choose the B&W screen. Sometimes, you shouldn't give to people what they want, but what they need.

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Now is a perfect time to share this! 🤡

image.jpeg.8fd1b33a49a1a72b229152fbdec4b788.jpeg

EDIT: I just read your post @roots.genoa after posting this! 😄

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rev said:

Whats the latest on the high tech Youtube Amico console testing.

Is testing complete and now the Amico will launch?   

Anyone heard anything?

Yes I heard they are too busy watching pilot episodes of a new IP TV show. It has tested well with young moms. I'm pretty sure you will like it too!

image.png.05f818f5594bf5172c83856c29fd9799.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7