IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

@MrBeefy

I noticed the first post in the archived main AtariAge thread is dated: February 23, 2019

I thought perhaps some people missed the talk a year before and might find it interesting:

Special Edition 7 – A New Intellivision Console!

It's an early vision of the project before it even had a name. It mentions quite a lot of interesting topics that have since been rehashed throughout the Intellivision community.

Granted it is all expressed in a calmer manner back in 2018.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rev said:

Which console will release first?

Amico or the Kentucky Fried Chicken Console….

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFConsole

A23B85B1-EF0A-49B0-A72E-9AA7A15CF692.jpeg

Well in my which will come out first and last thread all the ones I had listed released except for Amico.

Now you have Blaze who not only released the Vs during the time of Amico but soon also the EXP.

When Tommy said chip shortages were a problem, he probably meant literally in the office the shortage was a problem since they never wanted to order them. :P

6 hours ago, number6 said:

@MrBeefy

I noticed the first post in the archived main AtariAge thread is dated: February 23, 2019

I thought perhaps some people missed the talk a year before and might find it interesting:

Special Edition 7 – A New Intellivision Console!

It's an early vision of the project before it even had a name. It mentions quite a lot of interesting topics that have since been rehashed throughout the Intellivision community.

Granted it is all expressed in a calmer manner back in 2018.

Aw man. I think I've done my time listening to Tommy BS. Someone else can give me the tldl.

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

And I thought Mattel Intellivision was ancient! 

I heard Tommy was really good friends with the inventor of the Dinosaurs. Did you know he worked hand in hand with him for 5 years in making Dinosaurs happen?

24 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Aw man. I think I've done my time listening to Tommy BS. Someone else can give me the tldl.

The speaker in the podcast is Paul Nurminen, not Tommy. It offered more insight from the business side in the early days.

Ex: things like considering making use of the older elements of the IP. The quote on that one is along the lines of "if I have anything to say about it".

Hopefully you can see how this ties with my older posts about the business side vs the creative side and how the business side in my strong opinion held little weight. This is further cemented imo by the "no compromise" examples I've offered over the course of the this thread.

*shrug*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, number6 said:

The speaker in the podcast is Paul Nurminen, not Tommy. It offered more insight from the business side in the early days.

Ex: things like considering making use of the older elements of the IP. The quote on that one is along the lines of "if I have anything to say about it".

Hopefully you can see how this ties with my older posts about the business side vs the creative side and how the business side in my strong opinion held little weight. This is further cemented imo by the "no compromise" examples I've offered over the course of the this thread.

*shrug*

Maybe in a few years nurmix can enlighten us on some things. I'm sure he's under a NDA and can't really talk about much currently.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I heard Tommy was really good friends with the inventor of the Dinosaurs. Did you know he worked hand in hand with him for 5 years in making Dinosaurs happen?

The almighty actually had Tommy make the Dinosaur sound effects first, then built the Dinosaurs around that!

• Haha 5

You wouldn't have to worry about chip shortages with that KFC console. You could just cook up some more of them in its air fryer interior. 😀

Seriously, they made it as a promotional stunt. It'd be pretty capable as a games machine, with an i9 CPU and discrete GPU, but absurdly expensive and impractical. There was never much danger of it going into production.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Or we can ask him right here, right now. They cut him loose like 2 years ago, after all. @nurmix do you feel like sharing anything? Or is Amico just a bad dream, best forgotten?

I left in September 2021 on my own accord.  The NDA is still in place.  Perhaps one day I'll tell some stories, but yeah, in general I have moved on and don't feel compelled to talk about it.  And I don't really participate in or read threads about it here, but this popped up since you tagged me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

44 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

The almighty actually had Tommy make the Dinosaur sound effects first, then built the Dinosaurs around that!

How could I forget that!

So silly of me. I'm such a JUG.

41 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

You wouldn't have to worry about chip shortages with that KFC console. You could just cook up some more of them in its air fryer interior. 😀

Seriously, they made it as a promotional stunt. It'd be pretty capable as a games machine, with an i9 CPU and discrete GPU, but absurdly expensive and impractical. There was never much danger of it going into production.

Kind of like Amico?

They really made the Homer Car.

7 minutes ago, nurmix said:

I left in September 2021 on my own accord.  The NDA is still in place.  Perhaps one day I'll tell some stories, but yeah, in general I have moved on and don't feel compelled to talk about it.  And I don't really participate or read threads about it here, but this popped up since you tagged me.

Well I hope you do decide to talk about it someday when you can. It would be nice to hear some of the things from someone who I didn't think was trying to blow smoke up our butts every time their mouth opened.

• Like 1

So this was the last official update from IE. I'm not considering investor shills, who don't disclose they have a stake in the company doing well. They've proven themselves as unreliable and full of a bunch of Tommy.

I have bolded areas.

Greetings,

This is Phil Adam, CEO of Intellivision. I had planned to respond sooner with the company status, but the team has been working through some production pipeline bugs that have delayed this update. As I've stated previously, updates from myself will be made when material facts are available and relevant. That being said, here are a few updates.

1. One of the primary goals for the small pilot run was to uncover any issues in the production pipeline before starting a larger production run. Fortunately, we did catch one significant problem. Diagnosing this issue and implementing a solution was a significant effort and caused a delay. The symptoms pointed to a bug in the controller firmware, but that was not the case. The problem was an order-of-operations issue when provisioning the console on the production line with its unique identifiers and security keys. The error manifested on the next reboot in a way that looked like a controller bug.  With that resolved, the path is clear to finish the pilot run in the next few weeks.

Alright. They wanted to find bugs before going into a bigger production. They found the bugs and squashed them. This meant they were ready for production runs.

They were suppose to finish a pilot run in a few weeks. Which are supposedly the units Mullis and DJC received. These two individuals are supposedly doing QA and testing for bugs. Which was the point of the small production run.

This email is cyclical in nature. There is no reason for them to not be producing by their logic of finding and fixing a bug for a bigger run.

Now for the fun part. When was this last email sent? :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, number6 said:

October 1?

hmm...that seems to be the date one news outlet reported it.

August 30 then?

Yup August of 2022.

If they had actually started producing after finding the bugs they would have consoles to ship out sometime soon.

That's ignoring too that this is something they acted like was done since oh 2019, 2020, 2021....

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Yup August of 2022.

If they had actually started producing after finding the bugs they would have consoles to ship out sometime soon.

That's ignoring too that this is something they acted like was done since oh 2019, 2020, 2021....

Well according to Mr Me, the FCC isnt passed yet, so it cant ship yet. 

• Haha 3

So it's been two months so far for what has been referred to as "final production unit" testing by the two with the test Amicos. Who from what I gather are just casually playtesting rather than adhering to what actual UX testers would had done supposedly back in June-Oct. Seems like a long time to be testing but still interested to see what their next step will be. Since the hardware has been stated to be at 100% for a very long time now any changes at this late stage should be easy software updates, and not require yet another run of pre-production or pilot-production units.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rev said:

Well according to Mr Me, the FCC isnt passed yet, so it cant ship yet. 

This has already been discussed. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? Please stop saying things that make my friend seem like it will never be released. I heard a fart from Tommy's butt that said it has FCC certs. Stop pointing out they can't meet any of their self imposed goals and ridicule them. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO MY DEAR FRIEND AMICO REV!? WHYYYY!!!1!!!1?

tumblr_f45520f497d33e210b18a21a82488320_3abc4c9f_400.gif.f7f171208a78dc2d8c19d685e77fd294.gif

7 hours ago, MattPilz said:

So it's been two months so far for what has been referred to as "final production unit" testing by the two with the test Amicos. Who from what I gather are just casually playtesting rather than adhering to what actual UX testers would had done supposedly back in June-Oct. Seems like a long time to be testing but still interested to see what their next step will be. Since the hardware has been stated to be at 100% for a very long time now any changes at this late stage should be easy software updates, and not require yet another run of pre-production or pilot-production units.

It would probably help motivate them to test if it had games that would be more interesting to play. 😅 They are scraping the bottom of the barrel for help asking them. They couldn't even see the lag in games they would play that was blatantly obvious to the naked eye.

tumblr_f0123324fb03d6ecdaaf63a3e7fc47d2_a28eda86_500.jpg.9eff86a1d90ef274546042e678d49ea2.jpg

I still think giving them units was one way to get them to STFU with an NDA. They don't need people to remember they have taken their money. 

tumblr_rmfkydIjOr1ygo7uoo1_1280.thumb.jpeg.4d825a61203686d7b1fd9a10bf064337.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4