IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

43 minutes ago, Rev said:

The more things change the more they stay the same.

https://consumer.ftc.gov/consumer-alerts/2019/05/avoid-crowdfunding-scams

Tommy Tall said that the Republic funds would go towards marketing. Has anyone seen marketing outside of AA? Sounds like his partnership with Neil Patel could get them in trouble. 

42 minutes ago, Rev said:

Worst mascot in the history of mascots. 

There will be a Laggy character in that card game I posted.Laggy_Proto_2.thumb.jpg.1f749b969ff71a100b64b5f1e8dacf67.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Tommy Tall said that the Republic funds would go towards marketing. Has anyone seen marketing outside of AA? Sounds like his partnership with Neil Patel could get them in trouble. 
Laggy_Proto_2.thumb.jpg.1f749b969ff71a100b64b5f1e8dacf67.jpg

Well seeing how the real marketing hasnt begun, im confident the 10million is safe in some escrow account just waiting. 

• Haha 6

On 12/17/2022 at 11:48 PM, Rev said:

Who knows. Whoever made it should be embarrassed.

Kids and young families prefer the Amico Mascot 2 to 1 over any other video game mascot.

Tommy has the Focus Group Testing Data to prove it!

nick-cage-lol.gif.0a07a36242651724c40777388dec422b.gif

• Like 2

This has gotta be one of the highest talk-to-product ratios I've seen in ages. Maybe ever. Rivaled only by Coleco's Chameleon - at least that one didn't drag on like this.

Look. I'm not against the project or anything. But what's really happening here? Is anything actually getting built? Produced? All the talk and steam-blowing and stuff. Shouldn't that energy be directed into making something real? Where's the slippage coming from?

I can only imagine this happening in 1979. Imagine 4 generations, nearly a decade, before anything was produced and sold to the public. Imagine the stagnation. Stuff in videogames isn't supposed to work this way. Instead there's supposed to be an announcement, and a few months later a real product appears on the shelf for us to take home. That's how it's been done since the Pong/Tank consoles.

I suppose every hobby endeavor gets an example of vaporware from time to time. It's the stuff of legends!

What ya'll think?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Keatah said:

This has gotta be one of the highest talk-to-product ratios I've seen in ages. Maybe ever. Rivaled only by Coleco's Chameleon - at least that one didn't drag on like this.

Look. I'm not against the project or anything. But what's really happening here? Is anything actually getting built? Produced? All the talk and steam-blowing and stuff. Shouldn't that energy be directed into making something real? Where's the slippage coming from?

I can only imagine this happening in 1979. Imagine 4 generations, nearly a decade, before anything was produced and sold to the public. Imagine the stagnation. Stuff in videogames isn't supposed to work this way. Instead there's supposed to be an announcement, and a few months later a real product appears on the shelf for us to take home. That's how it's been done since the Pong/Tank consoles.

I suppose every hobby endeavor gets an example of vaporware from time to time. It's the stuff of legends!

What ya'll think?

Actually I think they know what's happening here...

Just quickly read pages 1-189 too,  then you'll know what's up!

• Haha 4

On 12/17/2022 at 12:18 AM, kevtris said:

yeah but is DRM really needed for a market with maybe 200 buyers?  They'll buy the carts since that's the whole point of collecting.  In any event it's very effective at keeping new people interested in their games from ever being able to buy/play them.  If you miss out on some forum post made at 3AM on a wednesday you can't get a copy of the game.

While some Intellivision homebrew publishers limit production of cartridges, Elektronite typically doesn't.  For example they printed five hundred sets of overlays for each of their upcoming cartridges, that's much more than they're likely to sell anytime soon.  Apparently there's been a problem with cartridge supply the last couple of years.  Contact them at elektronite at hotmail.com and ask them directly about any particular title.

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Tommy Tall said that the Republic funds would go towards marketing. ...

Under use of proceeds for the Republic campaign, marketing was part of the third item listed, first was "the development of the Amico video game console" and its games.

4 hours ago, Keatah said:

Look. I'm not against the project or anything. But what's really happening here? Is anything actually getting built? Produced? All the talk and steam-blowing and stuff. Shouldn't that energy be directed into making something real? Where's the slippage coming from?

I can only imagine this happening in 1979. Imagine 4 generations, nearly a decade, before anything was produced and sold to the public. Imagine the stagnation. Stuff in videogames isn't supposed to work this way. Instead there's supposed to be an announcement, and a few months later a real product appears on the shelf for us to take home. That's how it's been done since the Pong/Tank consoles.

What ya'll think?

Earlier this year, we heard the company doesn't have the financing to go to manufacturing.  Then they ran out of money and dismantled the company.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mr_me said:

While some Intellivision homebrew publishers limit production of cartridges, Elektronite typically doesn't.  For example they printed five hundred sets of overlays for each of their upcoming cartridges, that's much more than they're likely to sell anytime soon.  Apparently there's been a problem with cartridge supply the last couple of years.  Contact them at elektronite at hotmail.com and ask them directly about any particular title.

Under use of proceeds for the Republic campaign, marketing was part of the third item listed, first was "the development of the Amico video game console" and its games.

Earlier this year, we heard the company doesn't have the financing to go to manufacturing.  Then they ran out of money and dismantled the company.

Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis…..

There will be no Amico.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Which game are you guys going to play on it first when you open it up next Sunday? I'M SO STOKED! I really want to try Astrosmash but I'm really thinking that Skiing will be the best for the day.

Since I don't know how many controllers I'll get, I made sure to tell everyone coming over that they need to bring their phones for a "surprise." I hope I have enough controllers, but man, I can't wait!

• Haha 2