IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Which game are you guys going to play on it first when you open it up next Sunday? I'M SO STOKED! I really want to try Astrosmash but I'm really thinking that Skiing will be the best for the day.

Since I don't know how many controllers I'll get, I made sure to tell everyone coming over that they need to bring their phones for a "surprise." I hope I have enough controllers, but man, I can't wait!

Finnegan Fox for dayzzzzzz brotha

• Haha 5

Just now, digdugnate said:

Oh yeah! That's a great choice! It's really hard to choose with everything just looking like such a good, refreshing take on gaming. I'm so tired of all the bloat of modern gaming and am so ready for this thing for some great old skool pick up and play couch friendly fun.

Whatever I pick I really think it should be one of the many exclusives we'll be playing next Sunday. Really make sure to get that perfect first impression of it. I think it's the best way to say THANKS to Tommy for all his midnight oil and long hours toiling away to see this one done!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Keatah said:

This has gotta be one of the highest talk-to-product ratios I've seen in ages. Maybe ever. Rivaled only by Coleco's Chameleon - at least that one didn't drag on like this.

Look. I'm not against the project or anything. But what's really happening here? Is anything actually getting built? Produced? All the talk and steam-blowing and stuff. Shouldn't that energy be directed into making something real? Where's the slippage coming from?

I can only imagine this happening in 1979. Imagine 4 generations, nearly a decade, before anything was produced and sold to the public. Imagine the stagnation. Stuff in videogames isn't supposed to work this way. Instead there's supposed to be an announcement, and a few months later a real product appears on the shelf for us to take home. That's how it's been done since the Pong/Tank consoles.

I suppose every hobby endeavor gets an example of vaporware from time to time. It's the stuff of legends!

What ya'll think?

It was basically all talk. It is worse than the Chameleon. Some of us pointed out how Tommy was wasting his time here and not on the project. He would disagree as this "didn't take much time".

Yet as you notice there is still no product. This is the best timeline I can quickly come up with.

- 2019 - claimed to have hardware done. It wasn't ready. Back end part of it was never done until recently.

- 2019 - towards end of year their investor said what is this shit and pulled out.

End of 2019 - No FCC, no parts ordered, stopped paying game devs, didn't pay music people for winning contest to have their music put in the games. (Last one may be 2020, but it was like $500 for the music devs. When nurmix's NDA is up I know he can talk about that that. His name was in the emails 😉, and I think it would be interesting to hear about them courting people.)

- Early 2020 - give us money to manufacture this "totally ready" console.

- February 2020 - pass up opportunity to have a factory completely source parts and make the footbath for around a $100 profit per console.

- All of 2020 - despite having passed up the opportunity to have the console sourced. They blame covid for part shortages, and price. This ignores them still having no certs to be ready for 10/10/2020, and they still hadn't ordered parts. Also ignores that if they had made a deal with a factory they would have got the parts at a cheaper price. Also backend not ready.

- All of 2020 continued - still lies about possibility of console coming out. Lies about preorder numbers, bit doesn't lie to Ark which is probably how they lost that million dollars to them. They couldn't meet their end of the deal. Tommy continued to talk here and other places shitting his pants along the way.

- Early 2021 - They make another promise they know they aren't keeping for April 2021 and October 2021. They still don't make the basic steps necessary to bring a product to market. No FCC, no finalized hardware, no plans to manufacture. Tommy lies about likelihood of it shipping. He never said 0% so he lied all year long.

- All of 2021 - Tommy continues to shit his britches as places like AA and has his cult go attack people. The guy talks and talks, but still wasn't able to show shit.

- End of 2021 - they got someone to dump in some money. Yet they refused to still make the consoles people gave them money for. Yet still didn't have FCC, backend done, nor all games ready to go. They show their ass majorly and show how they have cut corners with games via their Deep Dives. They show off Battle Tanks as a finished product that has stolen assets in it. They proceed to shit their pants by uploading the video 4 times to try and hide all stolen assets and change their story about how it was a WIP and not finished. Also they were using Star Fox text in Moon Patrol.

- 2022 - More of the same. Only now they start firing everyone and move into a PO box in a UPS office. They have still not shown they have met basic manufacturing milestones. Still no FCC certs, nor any communication of what their plans are. Games are starting to show up on other platforms and the supposed first two manufacture ready consoles were given to the YTers DJC and Mullis to test. These were hand put together and not by the factory. Current CEO who replaced the lying hack pants shitting Tommy, said they won't make the 7000 consoles that people put money in for. They will only make them if they have more orders. They don't and this is the biggest FU bird flip that the dumbasses don't realize is IE saying we don't care you gave us money. Oh and they stop refunding people their 100% refundable preorder that "wasn't crowdfunding".

So here we are. If you need a refresher on how @Tommy Tallarico is the biggest phony to ever phone watch this. It is well done and really gives you a glimpse into how he probably approached the Amico. He probably thought he could fake it like usual and others would make it happen and he could reap the glory and reward. 

1 hour ago, MarioMan88 said:

Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis…..

There will be no Amico.

You are going to make many kids cry. They will still have games that don't work and no Amico console to play them on. Maybe by Christmas 2023? Or maybe those parents who did that to their kids got their head out of their butt and bought them a Switch.

tumblr_cbba7fc2c868b5e33e98911d0f0271f6_267c77a3_500.jpg.559f5be5a843c1885b0141f06879753e.jpg

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

(imagine if you will, i'm making robot movements with my arms)

i. am. a . robot. beep-bloop. 

FCC. Marketing. Not enough resources.  Covid.

Please flip tape

ERR-OR, bzzzzzt

Sounds like a robot who has the inability to think for itself. It just regurgitated whatever it has been fed on its cassette.

tumblr_ded762cbc2a76da5ebd51253d0c12c01_56c6bcbc_500.jpg.5070ecd6ac5de9b7237c199e40ed5d8c.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Which game are you guys going to play on it first when you open it up next Sunday? I'M SO STOKED! I really want to try Astrosmash but I'm really thinking that Skiing will be the best for the day.

Since I don't know how many controllers I'll get, I made sure to tell everyone coming over that they need to bring their phones for a "surprise." I hope I have enough controllers, but man, I can't wait!

Oh I'm totally going with Asstrosplash! I heard it's really fiery! 

tumblr_eb94de39a894fee66e614a3f92ea769a_b9572719_250.gif.34b2552321eafd8723196091f4c78461.gif

9 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

Brah so true!

5 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Oh yeah! That's a great choice! It's really hard to choose with everything just looking like such a good, refreshing take on gaming. I'm so tired of all the bloat of modern gaming and am so ready for this thing for some great old skool pick up and play couch friendly fun.

Whatever I pick I really think it should be one of the many exclusives we'll be playing next Sunday. Really make sure to get that perfect first impression of it. I think it's the best way to say THANKS to Tommy for all his midnight oil and long hours toiling away to see this one done!

My second pick is Battle Tanks/Tank Battle/Tank Tank. The art they used in it is FANTASTIC!

tumblr_729d30d1193586619f14ae775eac82cc_0ed80484_1280.thumb.png.4e9f44a817266e262bd8678b21d02f25.pngtumblr_34bb85e51e069984d59391bb10219f1d_1a62239a_1280.thumb.jpg.99c46063f8c22329ac578b463edd743d.jpg

tumblr_31f7d1b109e77175917e3e9dd5ee2101_17a4cb92_1280.thumb.jpg.1af7b6ce4582fb831ea09c606f4b9a55.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Keatah said:

This has gotta be one of the highest talk-to-product ratios I've seen in ages. Maybe ever. Rivaled only by Coleco's Chameleon - at least that one didn't drag on like this.

The Amico is the Chameleon but with more money, more industry connections and a lot more name drops. Also a lot more hoodwinked suckers who got separated from their money. 

This site went a long way towards enabling the scam, by giving @Tommy Tallarico the benefit of the doubt when everyone deserved better. He was enabled by a moderator who shut down people asking questions, and he was emboldened by a lineup of marks eager to pretend this was the return of Intellivision. 

It was predictable, avoidable, and sad. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I still think Intellivision Entertainment should KEEP the Orange Pi they have been using the whole time in the Amico shell.

Order another 10,000 Pi’s…throw in the shells and ship the thing already. If its a Pi in  a shell do they need that pesky FCC approval?  

🤓😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-fake-their-achievements-and-accomplishments-on-LinkedIn?share=1

Why do people fake their achievements and accomplishments on LinkedIn?

I live, work, and recruit in the US. This answer proceeds accordingly.

You know, I will never, ever understand why people present themselves as something substantially more impressive than their actual achievements and accomplishments would merit. The idea is just…alien to me.

I think there are two possible explanations that occur to me:

• Scammers. Some people do this intentionally because they are scammers. This indisputably happens, whether as part of some kind of criminal enterprise or as an operation by a nation’s intelligence service, such as China has done.
  • Validation. If you present yourself as someone who reasonably has meaningful and relevant insights, it’s certainly possible to find gratification in the sometimes shallow and superficial adulation you can receive. Interestingly though, recently views of posts on LinkedIn have been nosediving across the platform, perhaps in part to help control that.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Rev said:

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-fake-their-achievements-and-accomplishments-on-LinkedIn?share=1

Why do people fake their achievements and accomplishments on LinkedIn?

I live, work, and recruit in the US. This answer proceeds accordingly.

You know, I will never, ever understand why people present themselves as something substantially more impressive than their actual achievements and accomplishments would merit. The idea is just…alien to me.

I think there are two possible explanations that occur to me:

• Scammers. Some people do this intentionally because they are scammers. This indisputably happens, whether as part of some kind of criminal enterprise or as an operation by a nation’s intelligence service, such as China has done.
  • Validation. If you present yourself as someone who reasonably has meaningful and relevant insights, it’s certainly possible to find gratification in the sometimes shallow and superficial adulation you can receive. Interestingly though, recently views of posts on LinkedIn have been nosediving across the platform, perhaps in part to help control that.

I suspect Lord Tallarico is an empty soul. Devoid of any real substance, meaning and incapable of real genuine feelings. Bloviating are the attempts at filling the void. In his case he wouldn’t settle for one or two fake accolades but needed hundreds. Faux gratifications only last so long.

Along come the Amico and role of visionary CEO who will disrupt the industry and be touted as a savior of simple & fun gaming. This was his undoing. Theft, lies and deception at every turn. The odds simply got even.

I feel bad I was suckered in, at first. Easy to see thru all the smoke and mirrors after a few years haha. Even more sad I told a few fellow retro gamers about this debacle and they didn’t follow it as closely as I did. Now I’m the guy who turned them on to a scam. I’ve yet to show them the Hbomber guy video….they may revoke my friend license 😉

Tommy Tom Lord Tallarico….such a pathetic little excuse for a human. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

I suspect Lord Tallarico is an empty soul. Devoid of any real substance, meaning and incapable of real genuine feelings. Bloviating are the attempts at filling the void. In his case he wouldn’t settle for one or two fake accolades but needed hundreds. Faux gratifications only last so long.

Along come the Amico and role of visionary CEO who will disrupt the industry and be touted as a savior of simple & fun gaming. This was his undoing. Theft, lies and deception at every turn. The odds simply got even.

I feel bad I was suckered in, at first. Easy to see thru all the smoke and mirrors after a few years haha. Even more sad I told a few fellow retro gamers about this debacle and they didn’t follow it as closely as I did. Now I’m the guy who turned them on to a scam. I’ve yet to show them the Hbomber guy video….they may revoke my friend license 😉

Tommy Tom Lord Tallarico….such a pathetic little excuse for a human. 

Incapable of feelings you say?   

😬🫣

Introducing the new Amico mascot.   AmicoBoy!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rev said:

I still think Intellivision Entertainment should KEEP the Orange Pi they have been using the whole time in the Amico shell.

Order another 10,000 Pi’s…throw in the shells and ship the thing already. If its a Pi in  a shell do they need that pesky FCC approval?  

🤓😏

Yeah it would require it to be recertification. Basically all the additional stuff could change or add and mess with the testing. That includes testing both the controllers while on the console and such. They can't just certify the console by itself, controllers, by themselves. They have to do those and then the pair together. Unless they want to remove the contact charging feature and lean into the footbath aspect. 

2 hours ago, Rev said:

😳

Talk about padding your resume!     

Remember kids, its not a lie if you believe it!

218071978_tumblr_9fcf493e56bd0a6a5ed609abc011366d_5052d066_400(1).gif.fa3d34ef35300a113209f58fcd1693ad.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

When I first read this post,  I thought my Sarcasm DetectorTM  was going to break under the strain!  I wasn't sure it could handle such a heavy load...

But it got me thinking...

What if they had delivered Everything they'd promised?   What if everything was executed with timely precision and was everything they said it would be?  IMHO it would Still be TOTAL CRAP!

And then I thought,   By God,  I'm being Generous!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

Then they ran out of money and dismantled the company.

You've mentioned this a few times now and I completely agree, but the public-facing side of Intellivision's remarks and actions is still very much conveying the perception that things are moving ahead as expected and that they haven't been dismantled or shuttered but rather just cut-back.

This is why DJC and Mike are testing some test units, now for 2+ months, and still talking about "more to come" soon based on Phil's words to them. 

It's also why the last disseminated update to investors was that "the path is clear to finish the pilot run in the next few weeks... We have another partnership deal that will ensure that 2 of our most anticipated IPs will be available across multiple platforms as well as Amico..."

(The "next few weeks to complete the pilot run" should've been finished sometime in September, according to Phil's word.)

• Like 4

Yes, the public facade direct from Intv HQ is that all is good, final test, and Amico is releasing. 

Likely to fulfill certain obligations with crowdfunding entities and/or other investors until something runs out or they dribble out a few Pi powered consoles. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

cat-tree.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, MattPilz said:

You've mentioned this a few times now and I completely agree, but the public-facing side of Intellivision's remarks and actions is still very much conveying the perception that things are moving ahead as expected and that they haven't been dismantled or shuttered but rather just cut-back.

This is why DJC and Mike are testing some test units, now for 2+ months, and still talking about "more to come" soon based on Phil's words to them. 

It's also why the last disseminated update to investors was that "the path is clear to finish the pilot run in the next few weeks... We have another partnership deal that will ensure that 2 of our most anticipated IPs will be available across multiple platforms as well as Amico..."

(The "next few weeks to complete the pilot run" should've been finished sometime in September, according to Phil's word.)

Having units out for field market testing and getting feedback from customers is part of the process.  But finishing the pilot run does not mean the product is in manufacturing or releasing anytime soon.  As far as we know, it's not moving ahead as expected.  DJC is not a spokesman for the company.  More than cut back, "... dramatically reined in operating costs, which unfortunately required a significant reduction in staff" is what they said.  There could still be engineers/programmers working on things.  There's little that Republic investors can do anyway, outside of initiating a lawsuit.  If the company can turn things around great, if not it's a write off.

9 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

So, you are one of the lucky ones that is receiving one of the 25 final production consoles??

were-not-worthy-waynes-world-amico-animation.gif.13b15073ea916f7b8bb6f7818c662e46.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

When I first read this post,  I thought my Sarcasm DetectorTM  was going to break under the strain!  I wasn't sure it could handle such a heavy load...

But it got me thinking...

What if they had delivered Everything they'd promised?   What if everything was executed with timely precision and was everything they said it would be?  IMHO it would Still be TOTAL CRAP!

And then I thought,   By God,  I'm being Generous!

Tommy would have gone in hiding as the market showed they didn't want an overpriced 2016 cell phone that isn't mobile, and has very few and quite possibly half baked games.

They know what the numbers show. That is why they are chosing not to make it unless they can sucker someone to order a shit ton of them. It has sold fewer than the Steam Deck, Playdate, Pocket, and even the great VCS.

They never had those purchase orders they touted. If they did, they would be manufacturing them. That is also why they probably broke contract with Ark and lost that money. Tommy talking amd fooling idiots into thinking they have those POs is not the same as having them. Ark would have wanted proof of that. ;)

Someone help me here. Didn't they claim to have like $25 million presold or some similar BS?

5 hours ago, MattPilz said:

DJC the Amico News Authority and investor in Intellivision Entertainment through Republic is very much one of the faces of the company. They are now under NDAs and working for the company. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

The August 2022 email conflicts itself. They made the pilot test to find bugs in the production line so they can be ready for large scale. They squashed bug so they should be making a larger run.

They then claim that they are "still testing". They are lying either way. The units really aren't ready to manufacture, or they keep stringing idiots along and kicking the can down the road.

DJC and Mullis were promised these units. Not because they are consumers but because they lied for the company and would go out to attack whoever Tommy wanted them too. They will not give it any criticism and it is as simple as that.

DJ "I want fellatio for Christmas" C is not the picture of the "supposed consumer target". Mullis really isn't either, but he at least has a kid and does have songs about wanting sexual favors for the upcoming holidays.

In fact I'd rather hear what Mullis' kid has to say about it more than Mullis himself. I already know what Mullis will say.

tumblr_3160e403e10d974ea77874d29dd905d8_cb6530ca_1280.thumb.jpg.0bb692569a1226db17b0af6239ed70cc.jpg