IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Just in that list you can see where he's likely lying/stretching the truth. A handful have specific information like "multiple calls" or something similar. The bulk is just a handwaving "yeah we've spoken to them." Not there's a CONVERSATION. Not any other INFORMATION.

You want to know what "spoken to them" is? Probably an email to someone in the company that received the following response:

"Mr. TT:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate you sharing this idea. However, it is our policy that we do not accept unsolicited game ideas. We wish you all the best with your idea, and we will reach out if we become interested in a venture or partnership.

Sincerely

80%+ of the Companies TT Talked About, Inc."

Y'know, the same canned response they give to random emails. That surely means they've "spoken" to them, right? Nothing about a response, just WE have spoken to THEM. If these purported "speaking" sessions even happened in the first place, which is doubtful, I'd be unsurprised if it was exactly the above.

And that's not even getting into the random ones that make absolutely no sense for a video game company. The guy who played Elliot in ET? "Yeah we've spoken to him" - about WHAT? There's no logical reason to do so.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

...The closest they got was IGN ME where they noted lag and then IE went frantic and claimed it was old firmware or whatever. Once again the lag was there and they couldn't handle anything. The two options with IGN ME is that they were trying to hide the lag, or so terrible that they can't update their console before showing it off. I believe it's both.

The video in the article showed lag only on the touchscreen display while the user selected Shark Shark game options.  The IGN article writer was asked on twitter if the disc had similar lag (Amico Shark Shark is played with the disc).  The writer responded "Nope, no lag on the joy disc."

An independent video posted prior to that IGN ME article showed the same Amico Shark Shark touchscreen display game options, without that lag.  So it was either a new bug that introduced the issue or that particular controller had old firmware with that bug.

--------

Regarding licenses, if you want to see a list of licenses they claimed to have had they're all in press releases. Starting with the October 2018 press release which showed twelve licensed titles from Atari, most of which haven't had any mention of development work.

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Or, as is becoming increasingly clear, were not doing what they were saying they were doing. 

Like making a console? They sure haven't done that.

2 hours ago, Rev said:

How about some real leadership starting in 2023 at Intellivision Entertainment?

Some new year suggestions!

1. Update the Fig/Republic investors of the status of the Amico release date and the company. 

2. No more hiding behind shill investor Youtube channels. 

3. Update the website to reflect the current situation. Show a full list of upcoming games, whatever is left and still being worked on.

4. Be more vocal of whats going on, no more broken promises. If the console is on hold pending funding, tell the public. 

5. Give the people waiting for refunds their refund. Take out a mortgage on your house if you have to. Not giving refunds makes it look more like a scam. 

6. Make some more gameplay videos of the upcoming games. 

7. If some Amico “exlusives” like Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain are getting Limited Run Games releases on the Switch go ahead and advertise it. 

8. ???  (Fill in your own response)

Sumeet is the only one who acts like things are happening with holiday posts. Being more vocal would mean they would either have to lie or paint the true picture. The former CEO and current president is off playing Backgammon.

#5 would never happen. If they cared about people's money they wouldn't have spent their 100% guaranteed preorder monies. Instead they lined their pockets with it.

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

My #8 proves your #9 is wrong. They ALREADY HAVE THEM (SOMEHOW).

Boop...beep....

Their FCC certs were delivered on the back of a robot unicorn.

20230102_141534_0000.thumb.png.8b5bf705efa85b3d8f964eba46fa35fa.png

1 hour ago, rayik said:

Don't forget TT response to every game title suggested was that it would be made for the Amico.  Each and every game that was suggested.  TT stating they had the Tempest license was in response to someone asking would Tempest be on the Amico.

Clearly it was promise every game imaginable to get people just to buy the console.  If the game did not appear, no loss to IE as they got the console sale anyways.

Oh totally. That's why he loved the WTBS? stuff. It was a way to sucker people into thinking I was going to happen.

I do think they had the ability to do Tempest. It is an Atari title and they got the most exciting game PONG, and Breakout.

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Here's a selection of games/licenses Tommy said was in the works or they were "in talks" for 

And that's absolutely not all of them.

I don't think we've seen any footage of any of those games.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Who?  Mr Beefy?!!!!

Yes!  

I wouldn't whore out my dignity like the others have. I would give it honest feedback, and would lie about obvious lag. There has truly been a lack of transparency surrounding the console that it needs. Jr Beefy could give his review of it.

Just in that list you can see where he's likely lying/stretching the truth. A handful have specific information like "multiple calls" or something similar. The bulk is just a handwaving "yeah we've spoken to them." Not there's a CONVERSATION. Not any other INFORMATION.

You want to know what "spoken to them" is? Probably an email to someone in the company that received the following response:

"Mr. TT:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate you sharing this idea. However, it is our policy that we do not accept unsolicited game ideas. We wish you all the best with your idea, and we will reach out if we become interested in a venture or partnership.

Sincerely

80%+ of the Companies TT Talked About, Inc."

Y'know, the same canned response they give to random emails. That surely means they've "spoken" to them, right? Nothing about a response, just WE have spoken to THEM. If these purported "speaking" sessions even happened in the first place, which is doubtful, I'd be unsurprised if it was exactly the above.

And that's not even getting into the random ones that make absolutely no sense for a video game company. The guy who played Elliot in ET? "Yeah we've spoken to him" - about WHAT? There's no logical reason to do so.

I agree. Isn't that a play from the Mike Kennedy playbook? Didn't he make similar claims, and all he did was send an email?

There were other things that didn't make sense. Like wanting Sesame Street original voice actors. The guy would say anything if he thought it would sucker someone.

Much of this company was not logical in any sense. That is why Tommy would do anything to squash people talking about it in any way that wasn't cult talk. Just a simple question of, "Why would they need to talk to that actor?" could make someone go..."Wait, why do they need to do that?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

There were other things that didn't make sense. Like wanting Sesame Street original voice actors. The guy would say anything if he thought it would sucker someone.

Much of this company was not logical in any sense. That is why Tommy would do anything to squash people talking about it in any way that wasn't cult talk. Just a simple question of, "Why would they need to talk to that actor?" could make someone go..."Wait, why do they need to do that?"

+1000

And on top of it, an AA mod enabled TT's behavior.

Edited by rayik

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

The video in the article showed lag only on the touchscreen display while the user selected Shark Shark game options.  The IGN article writer was asked on twitter if the disc had similar lag (Amico Shark Shark is played with the disc).  The writer responded "Nope, no lag on the joy disc."

An independent video posted prior to that IGN ME article showed the same Amico Shark Shark touchscreen display game options, without that lag.  So it was either a new bug that introduced the issue or that particular controller had old firmware with that bug.

--------

Regarding licenses, if you want to see a list of licenses they claimed to have had they're all in press releases. Starting with the October 2018 press release which showed twelve licensed titles from Atari, most of which haven't had any mention of development work.

I wonder if they ever fixed the misalignment issue, with Astrosmash. 

This comes straight from the deep-dive video.  Particularly with the red ship, one of the blasts appears to originate next to the ship rather than from it.  You only notice when the ship is moving and firing...but that's 90% of the gameplay. 

image.thumb.png.7f1d11aacec48a0579527c1ba1a7dcc6.png

22 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Or like when he said the Harlem Globetrotter players themselves were helping Tommy personally design the game.

rzGRyZh.png

How anyone believed that kind of stuff is completely baffling.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Or like when he said the Harlem Globetrotter players themselves were helping Tommy personally design the game.

rzGRyZh.png

Over a year later and still no live stream with them.

tumblr_c8bd67d48e13c339910b420198abb619_76876b98_1280.thumb.png.243271dff497dcd725e9f8371aef1fd7.png

20 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

This comes straight from the deep-dive video.  Particularly with the red ship, one of the blasts appears to originate next to the ship rather than from it.  You only notice when the ship is moving and firing...but that's 90% of the gameplay. 

image.thumb.png.7f1d11aacec48a0579527c1ba1a7dcc6.png

No, that is an EXCLUSIVE feature! 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Teeka Tiwari

The guy that directed the Thor movies? 🤔

3 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Here's a selection of games/licenses Tommy said was in the works or they were "in talks" for

"We've been speaking with them" probably means Tommy called their office and you could hear the other guy yelling to their secretary "please, for the love of god, tell this douchebag I'm not there!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

rzGRyZh.png

Is this thumbnail proof of the Globetrotters conference!?!?!

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

Oh ffs, I know some "haters" talked about input lag, but I said many times the serious lag is not between the controller buttons and the TV, but between the controller buttons and its screen, since data is sent to the console and then sent back to the controller, as it is the case for the Wii U (and it required a lot of data compression by the way). That's what the bomb defusing game shows very well.

49 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

At least they fixed the animation. I criticized the first videos of the game because the fact that the ships didn't move at all make the game looks Flash-like. And then, a few months later, ships were turning on themselves when moving left and right. 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rayik said:

And if you take that literally, there is no mention that they are responding back to TT or IE.

What? They love his charisma! 🤣

55 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Oh ffs, I know some "haters" talked about input lag, but I said many times the serious lag is not between the controller buttons and the TV, but between the controller buttons and its screen, since data is sent to the console and then sent back to the controller, as it is the case for the Wii U (and it required a lot of data compression by the way). That's what the bomb defusing game shows very well.

At least they fixed the animation. I criticized the first videos of the game because the fact that the ships didn't move at all make the game looks Flash-like. And then, a few months later, ships were turning on themselves when moving left and right. 🙂

The real lag is in the brain.

The Bomb Squad footage really showed how the controllers and hardware are not there. It is also telling that they know it isn't good. They slickly edited it to the least bad looking part and advertised it.

53 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

That would be dope!  What We Do In the Shadows game on Amico confirmed!

Don't give them more ideas. There are people who are already lost into the idiocy void on the FB group.

6 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Wow glad you mentioned that, we've actually been talking to them. And every single actor too, for reasons you can't fathom!

You just gave me a great idea!  What about a game where you play Nate, Dwight's building maintenance guy, from "The Office"?  It would give you a lot of opportunities for motion control.  Bashing hornets nests or spinning the toilet paper de-plyer loom thing. 

When the Amico saga finally ends, this thread should continue on as a place to suggest stupid game ideas. 

image.thumb.png.99f2fecc3937638fdaaf2f45cdf65b08.png 

image.thumb.png.f8f9f0b71ef5cf3b82566ff32eab4645.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Already spoken to him, thanks for bringing that up, we're very excited!

(See? It's easy. Just say something without saying anything. People who don't critically think will automatically think "WOW THERE'S GONNA BE AN X GAME" and you don't have to confirm or deny. It's not lying, right?!)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I said many times the serious lag is not between the controller buttons and the TV, but between the controller buttons and its screen, since data is sent to the console and then sent back to the controller

This is very noticeable in Intellivision's own Battle Tanks deep dive video in the clips where Tommy is holding the controller in front of the TV. It is similar to playing wirelessly through a streaming service with high latency. The game itself might be partly to blame for sluggish response if that's just its normal behavior, but it'd drive me insane to hit fire and then wait a decent number of frames before the bullets actually spawn on screen.

At 10:24 there are even more problems shown. It fires randomly while he's just moving his thumb around the screen to aim the turret, but then he taps the screen at least five times to show how he can shoot by tapping it, but no bullets fire at all. At 10:40 he taps both the screen and button a bunch of times but I only see one bullet ever fire after all that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

It's good that was clarified then.  The Amico system wasn't designed for interactive gameplay on the controller display.  It was meant to display private information to the player in local multiplayer games.  Developers do try to get the system to do things it's not designed for.  In some cases it goes back to IE to adjust the controller firmware as they did with Amico Back Talk Party, in other cases the game developer might have to adjust their game.  In Amico Bomb Squad's case, for likely more than one reason  development was halted. 

In the case of Amico Shark Shark, which was what the IGN ME article and the previous comment here was talking about, it was simply a bug introduced in a firmware update, easily fixed.

• Confused 1

Wow glad you mentioned that, we've actually been talking to them. And every single actor too, for reasons you can't fathom!

Yeah, well I heard the actors say they got hand delivered FCC certs. They loved the FCC certs and thought they were the best certs to ever be FCCd.

4 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

This is very noticeable in Intellivision's own Battle Tanks deep dive video in the clips where Tommy is holding the controller in front of the TV. It is similar to playing wirelessly through a streaming service with high latency. The game itself might be partly to blame for sluggish response if that's just its normal behavior, but it'd drive me insane to hit fire and then wait a decent number of frames before the bullets actually spawn on screen.

At 10:24 there are even more problems shown. It fires randomly while he's just moving his thumb around the screen to aim the turret, but then he taps the screen at least five times to show how he can shoot by tapping it, but no bullets fire at all. At 10:40 he taps both the screen and button a bunch of times but I only see one bullet ever fire after all that.

Yup. The controllers are very busted and was the albatross of this project. All because someone HAD to have controllers that resembled one of the worst controllers ever.

The controllers frequently disconnected. The gyro sucked as noted by the Tommy shuffle in order to get them to work. I wonder if each Amico was going to ship with its own Tommy to fix all controller issues?

They had decided to do a phone app. Which would have taken care of any and all card games. There is no need for the actual controller to be anything other than a glorified NES controller.

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

It's good that was clarified then.  The Amico system wasn't designed for interactive gameplay on the controller display.  It was meant to display private information to the player in local multiplayer games.  Developers do try to get the system to do things it's not designed for.  In some cases it goes back to IE to adjust the controller firmware as they did with Amico Back Talk Party, in other cases the game developer might have to adjust their game.  In Amico Bomb Squad's case, for likely more than one reason  development was halted. 

In the case of Amico Shark Shark, which was what the IGN ME article and the previous comment here was talking about, it was simply a bug introduced in a firmware update, easily fixed.

Beep...boop...error...

They said it was old firmware.

Screenshot_20230102_184914_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a7c2642b01400585ea41c349c973d072.jpg

I know the answer to this, but I will ask anyways. You do know that the Bomb Squad gameplay is basically just a button press right? Same basic thing as in Fox and Forest, which also showed the screen not registering presses correctly. And also as noted by Matt above that you ignored.

Also doing "swipe motions" on the controller are more interactive than the Bomb Squad button presses. Trying to use the screen as an analog stick is way more interactive than the button press of Bomb Squad. Stolen Assets Tanks game uses the screen more interactively too.

Boop...beep...krzt*

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

It was bad enough that IGM ME felt they had to write about it. Is there an equivalent video showing the fish game at full speed?

https://me.ign.com/en/tech/184421/feature/intellivision-amico-hands-on-the-new-console-on-the-block

image.gif.9b7e797952096df4d6cac787ff5f9acc.gif

or the bomb game? Sure it could be fixed, but was it? 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866077dacf685c2b44ee

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866077dacf685c2b44ee

For Bomb Squad, here you go. I think the controller messes up every time. 

The lag is hardly the issue here.

Now you could watch the Author Brett Author Weiss the Author, for some Shark Shark. 

Edit: Going back to the Harlem Globetrotter license talk. They were on the initial unboxing, but not on the box Mullis got.

I be they no longer have that license 

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1