IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

57 minutes ago, Rev said:

Its easy to become a partner with the Globetrotters.  Just send an email. 

Mr Beefy is gatekeeping again!

C61A7B5E-C5A7-4B7C-82B3-2D025F0E7ED8.jpeg

Hey are you in talks with making them a partner with this thread?

52 minutes ago, Rev said:

Will Amico have this exclusive new holiday Care Bears game for the end of 2023?   

😱

7DA4464D-966E-4FBE-9F34-6326116E74FF.jpeg

Hey that was probably the Amico exclusive content!

9 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Wow glad you mentioned that, we've actually been talking to them. And every single actor too, for reasons you can't fathom!

Well, believe it or not, we're in major talks™️ with the whole cast of the upcoming Super Mario Bros movie!! I'm good friend™️ with Chris Pratt (and with Jack Black too because he loves my Guitar Hero game) and he agrees that the movie would make a terrific, exclusive game for the Amico!! Actually, it could spawn several games because we're toying with the idea of creating a separate game for the kart chase sequence, rather than including it as a mini-game; wouldn't that be something™️? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

It was bad enough that IGM ME felt they had to write about it. Is there an equivalent video showing the fish game at full speed?

https://me.ign.com/en/tech/184421/feature/intellivision-amico-hands-on-the-new-console-on-the-block

or the bomb game? Sure it could be fixed, but was it? 

You can see in that short video the, he had to press the checkmark button twice to start the settings.  It seems there's more a delay between changing pages than interacting within a page.  Maybe having to do with what Roots.genoa was describing.  Amico Shark Shark has been played by many people at multiple events since then.

According to the Amico Bomb Squad developer, development of the game was "paused" after these issues were sent to IE.  So the company may not have invested much time with this problem as they did with Back Talk Party.

12 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I know the answer to this, but I will ask anyways. You do know that the Bomb Squad gameplay is basically just a button press right? Same basic thing as in Fox and Forest, which also showed the screen not registering presses correctly. And also as noted by Matt above that you ignored.

Also doing "swipe motions" on the controller are more interactive than the Bomb Squad button presses. Trying to use the screen as an analog stick is way more interactive than the button press of Bomb Squad. ...

Interactive with the controller display means the user is looking at the controller display graphics for feedback rather than the TV.  So the Bomb Squad issue is interactive with the controller display, just as the Shark Shark issue is.  The Bomb Squad issue however is gameplay while the Shark Shark issue is not.  Jumping in Finnigan Fox is not interactive with the controller display, the player is looking at the TV for feedback.  Makes no difference what graphics is on the controller display.

There could be an issue with swiping in Tank Battle, but again the user would be looking for feedback on the TV not the controller display.  Amico Missile Command also uses swiping for input, but haven't heard of issues there.  Amico Night Stalker also uses swiping and tapping the touchscreen for aiming and shooting.  In all these cases the user is looking at the TV for feedback so they're not interactive with the controller display.  The controller display could be completely off and have the same functionality.

4 hours ago, Rev said:

What is odd but normal for Amico, this article and interview in Sept 2021 with the former employee didnt make mention Amico wasnt being released just 1 month later. Even in the interview. 

Strange but true!

Full article pdf:

https://1cartella.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/Game+Pro/14-19+Speciale+Intellivision+GP31+ENG+WM.pdf

995788D0-B1F9-49BC-8C38-E895F7AA3DCF.jpeg

6EBFF158-F4C8-488B-A75A-B77091E2AC9F.jpeg

I wonder how much earlier the actual interview was. If the interview was done anywhere around July 2021 or later, they knew 100% they weren't making it.

Saying they have 100,000 purchase orders but talking of a soft launch doesn't make sense. The parts are available for none EOL stuff, they just would have to pay for them. Doing it in bulk would be cheaper than a small "soft run".

What is even funnier is this conflicts with what Phil Adam has said. Phil basically admitted to how a "soft launch" isn't going to happen and not worth their time.

We have 100,000 sold ----> We want to do a soft launch

We could make 7000 ----> We won't do a soft launch

So sounds like they don't have any 100,000 presold footbaths, and they refuse to do a soft launch. Tommy's talk of "soft launch" was just to hide that their numbers were crap. This is probably why they also broke contract with Ark causing them to lose that money.

It never made sense to do a small batch, nor do them anywhere but China. Small batch = more $$$ and a batch not in China would cost even more.

I mean I could be mistaken, but it almost seems like everything they say has at least one really thick layer of BS on it. But I'm not a Yankees Hall of Famer so what do I know? 🤷‍♀️

Edit: This is taken from Republic and their page.

Screenshot_20230103_130352_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bec04a72e86d9e6cdafa99f77263e632.jpg

100,000 x $250 = $25,000,000

See 100,000 is way more than 7000. So who is the bigger liar? Tommy or Phil?

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1

In that magazine interview the ceo at the time said "we are still not 100% sure as to when the first consoles will be shipped".  The official announcement of the delay came out August 7, 2021.  If the article was written after that, I think the official announcement would have been mentioned.

Even if they still had all those purchase orders from retail, we learned they eventually didn't have the manufacturing financing to go to mass production.  So they switched plans to a soft launch.  Even with a soft launch manufacturing financing is an issue among other possible issues; software development, or high manufacturing costs for example.

Intellivision's interviews and public statements have always seemed non-committal, more of saying what supporters wanted to hear than being grounded in reality. I imagine by E3 2021 they already knew full well they wouldn't be anywhere close to shipping any units out that year, but still kept the hope alive through August.

And then this was from August 6, 2021:

In spite of these supply hurdles hampering our ability to fill all orders, we are focused and determined to deliver pre-ordered units by the end of the year. This will also allow us more time to optimize our operating system for future game development. We want to ensure that those who have anticipated the Amico for so long, get a chance to enjoy it as soon as possible. Of course, we will keep all of our customers and interested parties informed and updated on our continued progress.

They never followed this with any explanation as to what fell through in their determination to deliver their pre-order units by Dec. 2021. Or why 14 months after that statement they were still only undergoing yet another round of pre-production test unit theatrics. We are now approaching an entire year since the CEO said they'd be announcing a launch date while encouraging people (myself included) to pre-order to reserve our spot and the fixed price.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

You can see in that short video the, he had to press the checkmark button twice to start the settings.  It seems there's more a delay between changing pages than interacting within a page.  Maybe having to do with what Roots.genoa was describing.  Amico Shark Shark has been played by many people at multiple events since then.

According to the Amico Bomb Squad developer, development of the game was "paused" after these issues were sent to IE.  So the company may not have invested much time with this problem as they did with Back Talk Party.

Interactive with the controller display means the user is looking at the controller display graphics for feedback rather than the TV.  So the Bomb Squad issue is interactive with the controller display, just as the Shark Shark issue is.  The Bomb Squad issue however is gameplay while the Shark Shark issue is not.  Jumping in Finnigan Fox is not interactive with the controller display, the player is looking at the TV for feedback.  Makes no difference what graphics is on the controller display.

There could be an issue with swiping in Tank Battle, but again the user would be looking for feedback on the TV not the controller display.  Amico Missile Command also uses swiping for input, but haven't heard of issues there.  Amico Night Stalker also uses swiping and tapping the touchscreen for aiming and shooting.  In all these cases the user is looking at the TV for feedback so they're not interactive with the controller display.  The controller display could be completely off and have the same functionality.

Bomb Squads problem is the screen not registering presses correctly. Which is THE biggest issue you could have. There isn't a mini game on the Bomb Squad screen. It is literally just like FF.

It also shows the card games on the controller would be infuriating, as you may want to lay one trump down and it registers a different card not near the one you pushed. Which is exactly what happened in that Bomb Squad footage. If you would watch it you might know that.

Example he touched the yellow highlighted area and it registered as the blue highlighted area.

Screenshot_20230103_154520_YouTube.thumb.jpg.9226c680c21121659121320481285abc.jpg

That is exactly the type of interaction as promoted by the card games. You have to look at the screen you pick your cards. 🥸

This is an issue on top of any lag issues present. This was also suppose to be the game that showed off what the controller was capable of. It showed that the controller isn't capable of much and would even most likely struggle to play card games correctly.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mr_me said:

In that magazine interview the ceo at the time said "we are still not 100% sure as to when the first consoles will be shipped".  The official announcement of the delay came out August 7, 2021.  If the article was written after that, I think the official announcement would have been mentioned.

Even if they still had all those purchase orders from retail, we learned they eventually didn't have the manufacturing financing to go to mass production.  So they switched plans to a soft launch.  Even with a soft launch manufacturing financing is an issue among other possible issues; software development, or high manufacturing costs for example.

They didn't have that line of credit because they broke contract because they didn't have the numbers agreed upon. Then they lose the money and continue to blow people's preorder money while making no commitment anywhere to manufacture. The truth is they never had them to the degree they tried to convince you.

They broke their contract, they lost the money, they didn't make any real plans, they blew the preorder money, and refuse to make the consoles they took money for and refuse to refund.

They had the financing, they just blew it. If they didn't have the financing then that is worse, because they kept asking for more money and making promises they knew they couldn't keep, and as stated by Phil Adam have no intention to keep unless preorders magically appear. They never should have asked for money if they didn't have the ability to make it. And they sure as heck should have not taken the money and spent it if they didn't have the ability to replace it.

No matter which way you want to slice it they killed Amico. Their poor choices and business decisions is why theybare where they are at. Not covid, not imaginary haters, not the CUPodcast, but themselves who are to blame. Why you worship them I have no idea, but enjoy promoting DJC and not disapproving of child exploitation.

tumblr_99b4e4fec0b9a93f605d5354580b77e8_50a9552e_500.gif.a8291c70750570c6c0e9e9b080230dba.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Intellivision's interviews and public statements have always seemed non-committal, more of saying what supporters wanted to hear than being grounded in reality. I imagine by E3 2021 they already knew full well they wouldn't be anywhere close to shipping any units out that year, but still kept the hope alive through August.

Did IE ever offer any explanation about the precise meaning of "Formal Production".  

Was it supposed to mean that they had finalized their exact production specifications and could theoretically enter production?  Obviously FCC Certs would be nice, too. 

I remember at least one Youtuber who made a celebration video with confetti falling down, in front of a factory backdrop, only to backtrack and explain that formal production didn't involve actual manufacturing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

Did IE ever offer any explanation about the precise meaning of "Formal Production".  

Was it supposed to mean that they had finalized their exact production specifications and could theoretically enter production?  Obviously FCC Certs would be nice, too. 

I remember at least one Youtuber who made a celebration video with confetti falling down, in front of a factory backdrop, only to backtrack and explain that formal production didn't involve actual manufacturing. 

It means "quick! come up with some term that the supporters will eat!"  "formal production" means nothing.  It isn't any industry term I know of.  There's  "prototypes" and "production" with maybe a pilot/test run in between those two things to shake out the bugs. In fact, when I search "entering formal production" on google, I get stuff about the amico.  lol.  So just another made-up term, from a made-up CEO, of a made-up company.

Intellivision definitely DID have plenty of money to produce a run of amicos at one point.  There was enough cash to get the hardware made for sure.  They easily could've made 10-20K units and had cash left over for other uses.  Sure this isn't the stupid numbers tommy would talk about, but it's a start.  And having actual hardware shows you're committed to making this thing, and that would've probably been good enough to get some more cash maybe.  Selling them to the people who were interested, even if it never got more games, would've been far better than what ended up happening.

Instead, they just squandered the money, having a 2 year long party on the investors' dime.  That huge office, and $180K in furniture to outfit it was just a monumental waste of resources that were taken directly from the coffers that could've paid to have amicos manufactured.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Bomb Squads problem is the screen not registering presses correctly. Which is THE biggest issue you could have. There isn't a mini game on the Bomb Squad screen. It is literally just like FF.

It also shows the card games on the controller would be infuriating, as you may want to lay one trump down and it registers a different card not near the one you pushed. Which is exactly what happened in that Bomb Squad footage. If you would watch it you might know that.

Example he touched the yellow highlighted area and it registered as the blue highlighted area.

Screenshot_20230103_154520_YouTube.thumb.jpg.9226c680c21121659121320481285abc.jpg

That is exactly the type of interaction as promoted by the card games. You have to look at the screen you pick your cards. 🥸

This is an issue on top of any lag issues present. This was also suppose to be the game that showed off what the controller was capable of. It showed that the controller isn't capable of much and would even most likely struggle to play card games correctly.

If Finnigan Fox has some resource management feature in the game then there could be some interactive controller display elements.  There was something about stopping at stores and acquiring maps and hearts but they didn't go into detail.  Otherwise, the touchscreen is used as a jump button and it doesn't matter what graphics is on the controller display.

Blank Slate, Back Talk Party, Emoji Charades, Brain Duel likely have some interactive controller display elements.  So does Amico Shark Shark and Astrosmash when setting up a player.  Maybe not controller display interactive to the extent that Amico Bomb Squad is.  Bomb Squad development was started later than most other games.  So they may have decided to focus on getting the others working properly with the controller and stopped development of Bomb Squad.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

They didn't have that line of credit because they broke contract because they didn't have the numbers agreed upon. Then they lose the money and continue to blow people's preorder money while making no commitment anywhere to manufacture. The truth is they never had them to the degree they tried to convince you.

They broke their contract, they lost the money, they didn't make any real plans, they blew the preorder money, and refuse to make the consoles they took money for and refuse to refund.

They had the financing, they just blew it. If they didn't have the financing then that is worse, because they kept asking for more money and making promises they knew they couldn't keep, and as stated by Phil Adam have no intention to keep unless preorders magically appear. They never should have asked for money if they didn't have the ability to make it. And they sure as heck should have not taken the money and spent it if they didn't have the ability to replace it.

No matter which way you want to slice it they killed Amico. Their poor choices and business decisions is why theybare where they are at. Not covid, not imaginary haters, not the CUPodcast, but themselves who are to blame.  Not covid, not imaginary haters, not the CUPodcast, but themselves who are to blame. Why you worship them I have no idea, but enjoy promoting DJC and not disapproving of child exploitation.

Regardless of what happened before they weren't going to manufacturing this year without some manufacturing financing.  Didn't have line of credit because they broke contract?  Are you referring to their contract manufacturer?  Ark Electronics is not a bank, a line of credit should be from a lender.

There was obviously a screw up with their contract manufacturer.  Don't doubt they made other mistakes.  If I was a Republic investor I'd want to know what happened to the manufacturing line of credit they were talking about.

If you are interested in Intellivision the console (not Intellivision the company), DJC does have an interactive live stream discussion with gameplay every monday.  Not much else out there.  Worship? Not sure why you think that or what else you are trying to say.

1 hour ago, kevtris said:

Intellivision definitely DID have plenty of money to produce a run of amicos at one point.  There was enough cash to get the hardware made for sure.  They easily could've made 10-20K units and had cash left over for other uses.  Sure this isn't the stupid numbers tommy would talk about, but it's a start.  And having actual hardware shows you're committed to making this thing, and that would've probably been good enough to get some more cash maybe.  Selling them to the people who were interested, even if it never got more games, would've been far better than what ended up happening.

Instead, they just squandered the money, having a 2 year long party on the investors' dime.  That huge office, and $180K in furniture to outfit it was just a monumental waste of resources that were taken directly from the coffers that could've paid to have amicos manufactured.

That's true, they could have taken $3M or so to produce that 20k units.  But Republic investors were told that the money was going to product development, marketing, operations.  They were told there was a manufacturing line of credit. Aside from the misspending and other mistakes, with the scale of product release they were talking about, the Republic money was still not enough to support all the game and other software development and especially the marketing to do it right.  

2 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

That's from one of the last company emails under the former ceo.  It's not a good email, leaving lots of questions.  I ultimately took from it the same as what you did.  That they have a prototype that they could give a contract manufacturer to begin manufacturing, pre-production being one of the first steps.  So it's also known as a pre-production prototype.  There's no mention of a manufacturer or manufacturing in that message however.  The company has mentioned pre-production but it sounds like some simulation they are doing preparing the software provisioning component of production.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kevtris said:

It means "quick! come up with some term that the supporters will eat!"  "formal production" means nothing.  It isn't any industry term I know of.  There's  "prototypes" and "production" with maybe a pilot/test run in between those two things to shake out the bugs. In fact, when I search "entering formal production" on google, I get stuff about the amico.  lol.  So just another made-up term, from a made-up CEO, of a made-up company.

So, it doesn't mean wearing a tuxedo to work and getting super-duper serious about, possibly, considering doing something productive? 

Watch The Office (U.S.) | Netflix

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

Wouldn’t that be something if they had? If CEO Tallarico had verbal diarrhea, CEO Adam was severely constipated. He never said much of consequence. 

Canned pumpkin is good for curing either condition in dogs. It binds up the runny stools, and loosens the dry ones. If only we could send a case of the stuff to what’s left of the Intellivision gang. 

pumpkincan_1d537ccc-44e2-4017-a341-93d64

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

Formal Production is where you get the Formal FCC Certs, the ones that just confirm that you've already had them all along and testing has always been done, which is why you don't get them until the last second. Duh.

BEEP. BOOP.

• Haha 5

If only Intv Ent had taken the 45 seconds it took me to find these two charts we would of been playing Amico 3 holiday seasons ago…..and followed it. 

Why dont these show office parties and drinking and funny “testing” stunt videos and internet harassment?

D55ADE9F-56BE-4F9F-BFD1-21F7AF6D5A7D.jpeg

42F50C59-FAF7-4C8D-9F67-CD926E13C179.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

If Finnigan Fox has some resource management feature in the game then there could be some interactive controller display elements.  There was something about stopping at stores and acquiring maps and hearts but they didn't go into detail.  Otherwise, the touchscreen is used as a jump button and it doesn't matter what graphics is on the controller display.

Blank Slate, Back Talk Party, Emoji Charades, Brain Duel likely have some interactive controller display elements.  So does Amico Shark Shark and Astrosmash when setting up a player.  Maybe not controller display interactive to the extent that Amico Bomb Squad is.  Bomb Squad development was started later than most other games.  So they may have decided to focus on getting the others working properly with the controller and stopped development of Bomb Squad.

Regardless of what happened before they weren't going to manufacturing this year without some manufacturing financing.  Didn't have line of credit because they broke contract?  Are you referring to their contract manufacturer?  Ark Electronics is not a bank, a line of credit should be from a lender.

There was obviously a screw up with their contract manufacturer.  Don't doubt they made other mistakes.  If I was a Republic investor I'd want to know what happened to the manufacturing line of credit they were talking about.

If you are interested in Intellivision the console (not Intellivision the company), DJC does have an interactive live stream discussion with gameplay every monday.  Not much else out there.  Worship? Not sure why you think that or what else you are trying to say.

That's true, they could have taken $3M or so to produce that 20k units.  But Republic investors were told that the money was going to product development, marketing, operations.  They were told there was a manufacturing line of credit. Aside from the misspending and other mistakes, with the scale of product release they were talking about, the Republic money was still not enough to support all the game and other software development and especially the marketing to do it right.  

That's from one of the last company emails under the former ceo.  It's not a good email, leaving lots of questions.  I ultimately took from it the same as what you did.  That they have a prototype that they could give a contract manufacturer to begin manufacturing, pre-production being one of the first steps.  So it's also known as a pre-production prototype.  There's no mention of a manufacturer or manufacturing in that message however.  The company has mentioned pre-production but it sounds like some simulation they are doing preparing the software provisioning component of production.

Since you are feeling extra chatty, can you share with the class your definition of a scam?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

@kevtris In your professional or unprofessional opinion, have you seen any product similar to Amico in terms of delays and how poorly ran it has been?   And did that product ever ship?   How does Amico compare to similar startup products.   How bad is it?

I haven't.  I'm sure such things happen- it's just their CEOs tend to not post everything for the world to see.  I suspect most companies are intent on making products instead of showing the world they are a "big company" (tm).  tommy was 100% flash and zero substance.  Renting out that "successful year 5" office on year -1.  Also, picking out controller lanyards and making controller cozies is the thing you do long after your product's in the can and in production.  He was constantly doing everything backwards, starting from the finish line and working back to the start, with predictable results.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

No matter which way you want to slice it they killed Amico. Their poor choices and business decisions is why theybare where they are at. Not covid, not imaginary haters, not the CUPodcast, but themselves who are to blame. Why you worship them I have no idea, but enjoy promoting DJC and not disapproving of child exploitation.

MrBeefy, what are you talking about?  TT told us he would never ask for money until people had a chance to play the system and games.  Not sure why you need to bring this up before the system and games are available for people to play.  

amico - will never ask for money before can play sytem.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I'm not the one making that accusation, so no need for me to comment.

Forget Amico. If a random person walked up to you on the sidewalk and asked you:  Hey, what is a scam?  

What would your answer be.

Its not that hard. Maybe for you it is. 

• Haha 2