IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

11 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

Okay, I've got a thought exercise for everyone.  

What would bring the Amico saga to a close for you? 

Cancellation and Apology 

Bankruptcy Announcement 

A high-quality Amico documentary  

Other: _______________________

One of your options or:

Finally release a console and fulfill preorders. 

As far as investors are concerned…I hope they wrote off the idea of making any money LONG ago!

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Tommy2D said:

Cancellation and Apology 

Bankruptcy Announcement 

One thing that likely wont happen:   Refund deposits
One thing that will never happen:  Admit wrongdoings 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rev said:

One of your options or:

Finally release a console and fulfill preorders. 

As far as investors are concerned…I hope they wrote off the idea of making any money LONG ago!

I will go with 'Cancellation and Apology'.  But, we will probably get a 'Bankruptcy' notice and that (God willing) will be the end of this strange, sad, broken saga.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonwheels said:

Refund my deposit.

Refund my purchase price for all 8 games.

Refund my purchase price for my Amico T shirt. Why I purchased the shirt I will never know. The material is very soft and comfortable, but I would never be caught in public wearing it. 

You should of bought this shirt. 

https://www.teepublic.com/user/intelliwear

80BC4F4A-B227-4B0B-B7F8-C08B88B9DCE1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Did you request a refund and not get?

My previous stance has not changed. I figured why request a refund of the console if I have the boxed non-games (I was foolish for bothering to get those, but I really assumed it was actually getting close to release). I don't feel like those boxed non-games will have much value in the future, so it's either all-in or all-out. Of course, it increasingly seems like I should have just cut my losses on the founder's console already. I'm not sure if I still have that opportunity.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

My previous stance has not changed. I figured why request a refund of the console if I have the boxed non-games (I was foolish for bothering to get those, but I really assumed it was actually getting close to release). I don't feel like those boxed non-games will have much value in the future, so it's either all-in or all-out. Of course, it increasingly seems like I should have just cut my losses on the founder's console already. I'm not sure if I still have that opportunity.

I sold my boxed codes a while back and at least got back what i paid.    I thought about getting again as a souvenir, but have zero confidence that Intv Ent will actually ship them. 

Good luck getting a refund, I know several people waiting on theirs for 6+ months. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

Cancellation and Apology 

Bankruptcy Announcement 

I see it ending with a terrible tragedy, when one of the most adamant shills, now desperate, murders Tommy by beating him to death with his own Ferrari shoes. 😔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I see it ending with a terrible tragedy, when one of the most adamant shills, now desperate, murders Tommy by beating him to death with his own Ferrari shoes. 😔

Let's put Shakespearian-style irony aside for a second and clearly establish that no one is wishing any physical harm on Mr. Tallarico. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

They should cease selling $160 boxed sets under the guise that they will someday be full games, especially while simultaneously ignoring all of the requests for refunds. At least funnel the proceeds to a third party trusted escrow account to redistribute to the queue of refund requests.

I'd like to see transparency over how many staff they still have on board and to what capacity. My suspicions are that they have a skeleton crew of 2-5 part-time volunteers keeping the brand afloat and still hoping for an acquisition, but no dedicated staff working to actually get this system out the door. Other than John hand-assembling or scavenging reused kits to ship to a couple testers.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

And now, it finally occurs to me. Sausage car, jokey promos, giant FCC stickers, paid actors, stock photography, a pseudo-private event for retro gamers on 9/11 at a place literally named BOOMERS …

It was all a big joke, right?

Right?

It was probably a penis joke made by him. He liked penis jokes. That's why he used the incorrect spelling of "Peak" instead of "Peek". He wanted to put penis jokes in advertisements for his kid friendly console. No one should be surprised. 

11 hours ago, Rev said:

Like the personal harassment and insults of certain podcasters?

And threatening to exploit children. Don't forget that! He totally approves of exploiting other people's kids as a way of blackmail. He doesn't deny it.

But that's okay because Amico is a toy and did you know that Amico means friend?

It all goes back to cult behavior. Bad actions are justified if they go against the cults beliefs. Any variation no matter how tiny is bad and wrong. Why else send you messages saying, WHY!? Sounds like he didn't want you to have a voice that was your own.

tumblr_c471c9c650ac162a01362f14ada1402c_efa7a6f9_1280.thumb.png.e3ff4db1279e93bce37a17165a764880.png

9 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

Cancellation and Apology 

Bankruptcy Announcement 

Other: Until I get bored running through http://www.amicogames.com memes.

It's cute that you think if they cancel they will apologize. They will eat no such crow and blame it on anything other than their poor choices.

To be a little serious bankruptcy isn't the end. More could come of that. Kind of how they are being sued over furniture. Bankruptcy will have some fall out.

Now back to less serious. The day they get their FCC certs will be the day it's over.

9 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

Refund all deposits…and show some grace and integrity. Just call it quits.

The time for grace and integrity was long gone in 2021. Not making 10/10/21 should be where they just stopped. Maybe sooner depending on how much they knew they couldn't do it.

I think you could argue that when they took money to crowdfund it was the day they lost integrity. They obviously had no plan on giving that money back despite saying it was 100% refundable.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

Refund my deposit.

Refund my purchase price for all 8 games.

Refund my purchase price for my Amico T shirt. Why I purchased the shirt I will never know. The material is very soft and comfortable, but I would never be caught in public wearing it. 

Puffy paint on the shirt all those lines and finish with all I got was this shirt.

6 hours ago, MattPilz said:

They should cease selling $160 boxed sets under the guise that they will someday be full games, especially while simultaneously ignoring all of the requests for refunds. At least funnel the proceeds to a third party trusted escrow account to redistribute to the queue of refund requests.

I'd like to see transparency over how many staff they still have on board and to what capacity. My suspicions are that they have a skeleton crew of 2-5 part-time volunteers keeping the brand afloat and still hoping for an acquisition, but no dedicated staff working to actually get this system out the door. Other than John hand-assembling or scavenging reused kits to ship to a couple testers.

That's another sign they don't really have good intentions at this point. They will still take your money for a console they can't even give you a release date for. They don't care if you get it or not. If they cared they'd go and manufacture what they can.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I think you could argue that when they took money to crowdfund it was the day they lost integrity. They obviously had no plan on giving that money back despite saying it was 100% refundable.

The good news is you can sue tommy personally for that money probably in small claims court since he personally guaranteed it was 100% refundable.  over and over and over all across the internet.  On forums, youtube videos, comments, probably twitter, fb, etc.  You most likely will have to be in CA though to do it.  And filing will cost more than the $100 you're out.  It would be over the principle of it (or if you had multiple preorders I guess) to make it worthwhile.  Hell, the people's court might even pick up on the case.  wouldn't that be something? (tm).  heck they could even promise a vidya game based on the TV show!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 1/3/2023 at 10:29 PM, Rev said:

People may think you are making up the parking space bit. 😝😝

32DFFFAA-6501-47C5-84C5-9F75589E215E.thumb.jpeg.1b0b498b5fcc42b58fdeab172863ef9b.jpeg

3AAFA482-DA67-411C-8E21-10C7BFE8FFAA.jpeg

On 1/4/2023 at 12:17 AM, MrBeefy said:

That shot doesn't actually show the Ferrari parking signs.

Oh, they're very, very real. Not just one, but two!

790c4577d62adec01206c4139acfa7254c859157.jpg

Tommy is legitimately the coolest! 😎

(That was sarcasm, just in case you couldn't tell)

Edited by Pink
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kevtris said:

The good news is you can sue tommy personally for that money probably in small claims court since he personally guaranteed it was 100% refundable.  over and over and over all across the internet.  On forums, youtube videos, comments, probably twitter, fb, etc.  You most likely will have to be in CA though to do it.  And filing will cost more than the $100 you're out.  It would be over the principle of it (or if you had multiple preorders I guess) to make it worthwhile.  Hell, the people's court might even pick up on the case.  wouldn't that be something? (tm).  heck they could even promise a vidya game based on the TV show!

The "100%" means that the entirety of the deposit is refundable, as opposed to holding back a 15% administration fee as some companies do.  A court wouldn't need any extra language to establish that money is due to those that made a request, and not paying is a clear breech of contract.  Companies are setup to protect the personal assets of owners.  It's possible that you can go after an official's personal assets if you can establish some wrong doing specific to the case.  The company did refund deposits for about two years until their financial troubles.  It would be difficult to convince a court of personal liability.  Getting judgement against the company would be straightforward and then you can get the courts involved with collection.  A company unable to pay debts can be forced into bankruptcy, which hasn't yet happened in this case.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The "100%" means that the entirety of the deposit is refundable, as opposed to holding back a 15% administration fee as some companies do.  A court wouldn't need any extra language to establish that money is due to those that made a request, and not paying is a clear breech of contract.  Companies are setup to protect the personal assets of owners.  It's possible that you can go after an official's personal assets if you can establish some wrong doing specific to the case.  The company did refund deposits for about two years until their financial troubles.  It would be difficult to convince a court of personal liability.  Getting judgement against the company would be straightforward and then you can get the courts involved with collection.  A company unable to pay debts can be forced into bankruptcy, which hasn't yet happened in this case.

I'd normally be inclined to agree, but the number of times and places tommy promised it personally might sway things.  Small claims is just preponderance of evidence, so "is it more likely than not".  What he did was go above and beyond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Would that not meet the formal definition of a Ponzi scheme -- using new "investors" to pay-off (or refund) the previous investors? What happens when the new investors also demand a refund, and so on? 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Rev said:

I said Boomers or “wherever this was” 

They still had paid actors dancing around in front of cameras. (According to backstage want ad)

After having multiple public events why would they even NEED to pay people to play and pretend to like it?

Have you pondered the definition of SCAM yet?  Go grab some coffee and meet me back here in an hour. 

His hour getting coffee, thinking about the definition of scam, and trying to come up with an answer will go by so quick, he will be like the man in this oil change commercial trying to drink his coffee 🤣🤣🤣...

• Haha 2