IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Even though I didn't invest in Amico, for me the moment I though something wasn't right was when they put out those almost empty boxes before the games and console were finished.  IE always said they would never ask for money before anything is released. Not surprisingly they lied dressing up those boxes to look like something legit was about to happen and that was money scam #2! I think they need to grow a pair, come forward and admit what they did was wrong, and get everyone their money back to make amends. I'm not holding my breath on that one...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jhd said:

Would that not meet the formal definition of a Ponzi scheme -- using new "investors" to pay-off (or refund) the previous investors? What happens when the new investors also demand a refund, and so on? 

It would be fine to use new funding to pay refund requests or any other debt owing.  A deposit on a pre-order is not an investment.  The customer is not expecting to make money on the deposit.  In fact they would have had to pay another $150 or $200 just to get what they pre-ordered.  Republic investors however wouldn't see any dividends from new funding alone; only when product is shipped, and revenue from product sales comes in.

Edited by mr_me

3 hours ago, kevtris said:

I'd normally be inclined to agree, but the number of times and places tommy promised it personally might sway things.  Small claims is just preponderance of evidence, so "is it more likely than not".  What he did was go above and beyond.

BUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR OF MY INTV BRAND TOMMY WOULD NEVER LIE TO ME ABOUT IT!

Screenshot_20230105_095641_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a266126a8b48d004ae6789fb324e38b2.jpg

Citation: https://amicoage.neocities.org/451

100% refundable at any time! Not 85% refundable, nor refundable only when we want to. ANY TIME HATERS now buy my boxed tripe.

2 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

Even though I didn't invest in Amico, for me the moment I though something wasn't right was when they put out those almost empty boxes before the games and console were finished.  IE always said they would never ask for money before anything is released. Not surprisingly they lied dressing up those boxes to look like something legit was about to happen and that was money scam #2! I think they need to grow a pair, come forward and admit what they did was wrong, and get everyone their money back to make amends. I'm not holding my breath on that one...

Remember too, they spent money to make those and didn't spend money to make the console. Also sold knowing they wouldn't make the console.

Signs were there for a long time. If you tried to even talk about them you were labeled a hater, needed a tin hat, or worse. Hindsight is such a nice thing and shows they were full of themselves and manipulating people. StartEngine documents paint that picture too.

There was no special DATA that showed anything. His DATA was saying the Switch sucked compared to Wii and no one wants it. Even taking the cult out-of it, people need to fact check the seller.

Look at this recent comment from an ex-employee.

Screenshot_20230105_101501_Discord.thumb.jpg.a65ec4c867bb8f8976764212e7196105.jpg

There is such a thing as you went to far and you should have quit sooner. This console is the definition of sunken cost fallacy. Why is he convinced? Was it the closing of offices? Being fired? Investors not thinking the product is good? No company wanting to buy them? Believing in the cult of Amico and the world needs it!

Speaking of DATA. Switch surpassed GameBoy!

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/455879/nintendo-switch-outsells-game-boy-worldwide/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Always fun to bust out the great claims of Tommy the business expert.

"The Switch is tapped ut at about 40 million consoles. The Switch is not going to sell 102 million consoles, it's not going to do what the Wii did"

3Ckwc31.png

aJp9tdV.png

2Z70pTL.png

Og7Rfvg.png

B2DnKr5.png

What a bloody business genius Thomas the Tallarico Engine is.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Always fun to bust out the great claims of Tommy the business expert.

"The Switch is tapped ut at about 40 million consoles. The Switch is not going to sell 102 million consoles, it's not going to do what the Wii did"

3Ckwc31.png

aJp9tdV.png

2Z70pTL.png

Og7Rfvg.png

B2DnKr5.png

What a bloody business genius Thomas the Tallarico Engine is.

It's almost like....

tumblr_f722739824b2e135d7ec650decfd862b_45bd9857_400.gif.00c923c13cf77fac21efdea3b690e53d.gif

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kevtris said:

I'd normally be inclined to agree, but the number of times and places tommy promised it personally might sway things.  Small claims is just preponderance of evidence, so "is it more likely than not".  What he did was go above and beyond.

It would be an interesting case.  I'd guess that those arguments would be more effective in a class-action civil suit but I'm not an attorney. 

I imagine that you would have to show evidence that his statements were either at odds with IE's internal policies and/or that he made them in bad faith. 

The primary question would seem to be: did IE promote the full refund policy when they knew that they didn't have the funding to back it up? 

There's got to be some case precedent.  Maybe, a lurking lawyer can throw out a few references. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy2D said:

It would be an interesting case.  I'd guess that those arguments would be more effective in a class-action civil suit but I'm not an attorney. 

I imagine that you would have to show evidence that his statements were either at odds with IE's internal policies and/or that he made them in bad faith. 

The primary question would seem to be: did IE promote the full refund policy when they knew that they didn't have the funding to back it up? 

There's got to be some case precedent.  Maybe, a lurking lawyer can throw out a few references. 

Have they refunded everyone? No, then they were made in bad faith. It's pretty easy to set up a separate account and have those funds as "hands off". They lied numerous times about it. They still act like they are functioning so they should be refunding people. They probably need to be turned into the BBB, https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint

Even the employees are showing they are bonkers.

Screenshot_20230105_144753_Discord.thumb.jpg.136a459a50030f2072386774b29bc74e.jpg

He's trying to argue that their only marketing done in the retro world is not who it is for. Reality, they marketed it to retro. Retro they haven't marketed it in any realms as much as retro. Reality they pimped their old retro IPs. Reality, look at this old trailer, retro themed and presented at a retro gaming convention. 

Wishful thinking: console will release 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, ever, 3.1 billion people will love it, more than 7000 consoles would be made, it is appealing to non-retro people, it is appealing to an investor or buyer, that they have a 15 million sub YT channel to pump them up.

Most of the employees (at least the vocal ones) are showing they live in some magical thinking land not grounded in reality. 

It is pretty easy to see they don't have great intentions. If they did they'd be actually honest with where things are.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

TOMMY NEVER GOT FCC CERTS WHARE DO I SIGN UP FOR A MONEYS

Go to http://www.tommytallarico.com it will tell you all you need to know.

12 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I really don't see how Mario Kart 8 is less simple as the Wii one. It's very similar. The SNES one was definitely more "hardcore" imho, though.

Oh totally. The older ones didn't have near the amount of rubber banding as the new one. I'm convinced at this point in time that Tommy never was the Gamer he tried to make himself out to be. That or he's really dumb, or maybe a little of both.

It is pretty obvious he has blinders on in regards to gaming in general. I would be willing to bet that on his review show, he just read other people's reviews based his around those, and then hammed it up. He would probably make the exception for when he hates a game like Smash or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I really don't see how Mario Kart 8 is less simple as the Wii one. It's very similar. The SNES one was definitely more "hardcore" imho, though.

I've never really seen even very young kids have trouble grasping how to play Mario Kart on the Switch. Sure, they may not be experts with sliding and what-not, but they can still play. I think it's a mistake to underestimate how quickly even very young kids pick up this stuff. It's generally pretty natural, which is why having a purposely dumbed down experience (or system) is likely unnecessary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Go to http://www.tommytallarico.com it will tell you all you need to know.

Oh totally. The older ones didn't have near the amount of rubber banding as the new one. I'm convinced at this point in time that Tommy never was the Gamer he tried to make himself out to be. That or he's really dumb, or maybe a little of both.

It is pretty obvious he has blinders on in regards to gaming in general. I would be willing to bet that on his review show, he just read other people's reviews based his around those, and then hammed it up. He would probably make the exception for when he hates a game like Smash or whatever.

Maybe he's just not good at driving.  I remember when Forza first came out on XBox, he was on some review show arguing with his co-host saying "you can't turn the car!"   Co-host was like "I can turn the car.... "

Forza went on to do ok, from what I can tell.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I've never really seen even very young kids have trouble grasping how to play Mario Kart on the Switch. Sure, they may not be experts with sliding and what-not, but they can still play. I think it's a mistake to underestimate how quickly even very young kids pick up this stuff. It's generally pretty natural, which is why having a purposely dumbed down experience (or system) is likely unnecessary.

Well he's grandpa age and never had any kids of his own. So that is yet another huge blinder area for him. He has no clue. You know maybe Amico was an elaborate ruse to avoid becoming a parent? The financially messing over people may have been an indirect consequence?

52 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Maybe he's just not good at driving.  I remember when Forza first came out on XBox, he was on some review show arguing with his co-host saying "you can't turn the car!"   Co-host was like "I can turn the car.... "

Forza went on to do ok, from what I can tell.

He did the same with Clubhouse Games. He struggled to navigate the menus.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

According to someone that used to work for the production company that's pretty much exactly what they did...

7pvDY6D.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

According to someone that used to work for the production company that's pretty much exactly what they did...

7pvDY6D.png

What does ROTR stand for? The not reviewing stuff properly checks out. Dude couldn't even take the time to review data for his company correctly. 

I don't know what to think of the second half of that. 

8 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

What does ROTR stand for? The not reviewing stuff properly checks out. Dude couldn't even take the time to review data for his company correctly. 

I think there was a show called "Reviews on the Run," but I don't remember Tommy being there.   I though it was Victor and some guy taller than Victor.  But I dunno... I vaguely remember some of those shows but they all blend together in my mind

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Alarming is what to think of that 2nd half …if true.

It just continues to get more disgusting for this entire debacle…

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I think there was a show called "Reviews on the Run," but I don't remember Tommy being there.   I though it was Victor and some guy taller than Victor.  But I dunno... I vaguely remember some of those shows but they all blend together in my mind

Ah thanks. I didn't watch any of that stuff BITD.

13 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Yeah maybe, but it has less to do with Amico than pointing out how he's a habitual liar and phony all throughout his career.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mr_me said:

Companies are setup to protect the personal assets of owners.

Which is why I was surprised to find Tommy signed separate from the company as a personal guarantor for the six figure, five year office equipment lease even without a product and at a time when the company was already so overwhelmed by debts. This allowed the company to sue Tommy as a distinct party even if Intellivision has no funding or assets, to recover their debts owed. And if this was done for one furniture lease of one office location, I imagine we will learn there were similar contracts with other vendors as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Actually, because of touch screens, my nephew and niece used to have difficulties using a d-pad, so a game like Finnigan Fox would probably be harder for a young kid these days. 🙄

10 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Maybe he's just not good at driving.  I remember when Forza first came out on XBox

...or maybe he's just a PlayStation fanboy, which he admitted anyway.

4 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

I dunno. Steven Tyler isn't a cousin even though Tommy says he is. Maybe that female also isn't a cousin. Maybe Tomster just has a weird case of cousinitis. 

• Haha 3

On 1/5/2023 at 7:00 AM, mr_me said:

The "100%" means that the entirety of the deposit is refundable, as opposed to holding back a 15% administration fee as some companies do.  A court wouldn't need any extra language to establish that money is due to those that made a request, and not paying is a clear breech of contract.  Companies are setup to protect the personal assets of owners.  It's possible that you can go after an official's personal assets if you can establish some wrong doing specific to the case.  The company did refund deposits for about two years until their financial troubles.  It would be difficult to convince a court of personal liability.  Getting judgement against the company would be straightforward and then you can get the courts involved with collection.  A company unable to pay debts can be forced into bankruptcy, which hasn't yet happened in this case.

7 hours ago, MattPilz said:

Which is why I was surprised to find Tommy signed separate from the company as a personal guarantor for the six figure, five year office equipment lease even without a product and at a time when the company was already so overwhelmed by debts. This allowed the company to sue Tommy as a distinct party even if Intellivision has no funding or assets, to recover their debts owed. And if this was done for one furniture lease of one office location, I imagine we will learn there were similar contracts with other vendors as well.

It's not much different than making a personal loan.  All the outstanding personal loans from other board members as well, plus their equity investments are at risk.

16 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

Whether it's class action or small claims court, arguments are the same.  If the company hadn't paid refunds on request for about two years until they got into financial trouble, you might have a case.  You'd have to look at who said what after that but the number of preorders affected would be much smaller by that time.

Edited by mr_me

15 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

The SNES Mario Kart is most definitely the hardcore & skill based one of the series. Although I don't want to derail this topic.

B2DnKr5.png

Oh the irony. Maybe Tommy should listen to himself and admit that he himself, doesn't always hit a homerun every single time, nor does he "always win" like some of his "friends" such as DJC love to claim. Heck, were all human. We all make mistakes. We all mess up, and blunder, and falter at times. And that's A-ok!

• Haha 3