IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Sure, but almost none of these games are related to what I used to love about SEGA. 😔

Maybe you can buy the name Dreamcast and start a company with that name and create your own console.

Be sure to crowdfund multiple times, burn through millions of dollars, and not produce anything. The great Tommy Tallarico told me with his 600 years experience that is how you properly make a game console. I remember him saying, "Don't underestimate me." Boy was he right I totally thought they could make it to market and completely underestimated how much of an idiot he was in running the company. He sure showed me!

• Haha 2

In my 40 plus years of gaming I would say that the Colecovision controller is much easier to deal with than the INTV controller. Although both can be eventually used properly after many hours of gameplay and zillions of resets. That being said I enjoy all systems that were marketed and sold since the 70s that DO EXIST!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Maybe you can buy the name Dreamcast and start a company with that name and create your own console.

I'm not very fond of the Dreamcast anymore and I prefer the planet naming, so I would probably call it Uranus. 🙂

Please insert a game disc in Uranus.
Please wait while Uranus is loading...
Error! Uranus has stopped working.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

For "a veritable video game industry icon," who is "one of the most successful video game composers in history," Tommy sure loves using other people's stock music.

Every single musician youtuber I watch make it a point of pride to use their own music on their videos.  really tells you something.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kevtris said:

Every single musician youtuber I watch make it a point of pride to use their own music on their videos.  really tells you something.

I'm not volunteering for this project. It would be interesting to see how many things are directly attributed to Tommy and not Tommy studios. It would also be interesting to see how much of those things are attributed to Thomas V Tallarico than Thomas A Tallarico. After seeing that letter his dad wrote when he was smuggling money, makes me think it wouldn't be surprising if any original stuff was done by his dad.

Moby games doesn't distinguish between Tommy and his dad. 🤷

Screenshot_20230503_213355_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9000f5098f2a6102d37dce0863819694.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I'm not volunteering for this project. It would be interesting to see how many things are directly attributed to Tommy and not Tommy studios. It would also be interesting to see how much of those things are attributed to Thomas V Tallarico than Thomas A Tallarico. After seeing that letter his dad wrote when he was smuggling money, makes me think it wouldn't be surprising if any original stuff was done by his dad.

Moby games doesn't distinguish between Tommy and his dad. 🤷

Screenshot_20230503_213355_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9000f5098f2a6102d37dce0863819694.jpg

We know his dad wrote all of his highschool band's music.  It's listed on the copyright database.  There's 10 songs for "diamondz in the rough" which were written by his dad.  Tommy himself only has a couple copyrights registered in his name.  The terminator 2 game CD soundtrack, which uses some of his HS band music, is credited to his dad (thomas V).   I doubt that was a printing error, and they were crediting the actual author of the music and who registered the copyright.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kevtris said:

We know his dad wrote all of his highschool band's music.  It's listed on the copyright database.

I don't think it's that clear. I indeed saw his father's name in each copyright but always associated with an author who is either "Tom Tallarico" or another dude (from his band, probably).

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Who is ready for today? I'm sure there will be some May the 4th announcement about how they got the Star Wars and Tron licenses from Disney!

WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING?

Nope.  It'll just be an announcement that says "we will have an announcement soon..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/3/2023 at 1:05 AM, roots.genoa said:

Absolutely! Exactly like SEGA fans started to hate Sony, completely ignoring that... that... No, wait, Sony did kill SEGA dammit! 😭

SONY didn't kill SEGA!...SEGA Killed SEGA!

But that's...

Well,  that's an argument for another thread, n'est ce pas?

6 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

So his father was a musician and he is even trying to take credit for his fathers work? Man. The plot thickens.

As far as we know, his father played the accordion but we don't know if he wrote any music. But he indeed copyrighted a lot of his son's music. Even the Terminator soundtrack credits "Thomas V. Tallarico" which is supposed to be his father (the son is Tommy A. Tallarico), so it's very strange, as if he used his father's name as a pseudonym.

46 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Who is ready for today? I'm sure there will be some May the 4th announcement about how they got the Star Wars and Tron licenses from Disney!

WOULDN'T THAT BE SOMETHING?

Hey @Tommy Tallarico.  That Tron referenced reminded me, you should consider making a VOLTRON game!  That might excite some folks in the initial market segment. 

I figured that I'd throw out a nostalgia-based / license-based game development request, just for old time's sake.  Double T is supposed to still be President and Chief Creative Officer, right? 

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Yeah, that was my first thought too.

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

Well,  that's an argument for another thread, n'est ce pas?

True. If these "Amico" threads are anything, they're laser focused and always on topic.  We don't wanna deviate.  😀

1 minute ago, Tommy2D said:

Hey @Tommy Tallarico.  That Tron referenced reminded me, you should consider making a VOLTRON game!  That might excite some folks in the initial market segment. 

I figured that I'd throw out a nostalgia-based / license-based game development request, just for old time's sake.  Double T is supposed to still be President and Chief Creative Officer, right? 

Tommy is probably close, personal friends with Voltron and will proudly tell you that they built the entire robot/lion contraption around one of his sound effects.

• Haha 3

Well there was no announcement from Intellivision on Star Wars day, but there was from Atari! Atari now owns old Intellivision 2600 games. I will laugh if they pump out a Recharged Astro Blast before Astrosmash gets ported. I hope Atari remembers to steal World of Tank art for Armor Ambush. It can't be a 7/10 without stealing others work.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2023/05/04/2661966/0/en/Atari-Announces-Acquisition-of-M-Network-Atari-2600-Titles-and-Related-Trademarks.html

9 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Actually, I think if you go back every few pages you'll find we are, in fact, laser focused....

.....on FCC certs.

600984089_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.c9153f9e4305271c309cf9fdbbd63bd4.gif

• Like 1