IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, Wayler said:

Your thinking is too complex, we are talking about Intellivision after all. 

Phil is just still trying to correctly spell his home address on Västerås, Sweden with his damnfangled American keyboard. 

Found a very decent video describing the topic and the diff between an individual and a corp or LLC in this position:

Enjoy!

Edited by number6
bad paste twice

37 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Why is this info a video? It’s highly technical. I don’t get why it wouldn’t just be written up. 

Can you give us the TLDW because this is 10 minutes long. 

heh.

I think her point is that IE will have to convince uspto thoroughly as to why they submitted -no- domicile address.

Now, as to why IE did this?

A document at uspto suggests it might be to avoid unwanted communications, like erm...where is my refund? (evil grin)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, number6 said:

Given such a filing as the one referred to at top would also have to show business address

They are also in need of updating their legal business declarations in California. The last statement (Feb. 2022) used their long defunct Santa Ana office space for every detail including the contact data for Phil (CEO) and Tommy (Manager/Member).

Intellivision Europe - Hosting Suspended, Domain Blocked

I'd been keeping tabs on the European domain that Hans managed. Last year it went up for sale by a private domain reseller (Sedo) meaning it was never renewed by any Intellivision contact. For a long time it still redirected to Intellivision's main website. Recently the hosting also expired and therefore the domain is now inactive/blocked. The domain is referenced from Intellivision's website as the official European channel. Hans was the listed owner of the domain.

Despite Intellivision and Hans stating he still worked as an "Executive Consultant and Advisor" through March 2023, there is no indication he ever passed the credentials to Phil (who formally took over the European leg of Intellivision) or made any other effort to retain any of Intellivision's European presence. So all aspects of Intellivision Europe are effectively extinct, other than the boatload of remaining European boxed cards that also cannot be purchased, since the EU Shopify store has been down for a year.

image.thumb.png.438f99a268e4f3c605bddc7d65bdae4b.png

image.thumb.png.b1590a9d968a73b173d541be356ee961.png

image.thumb.png.3371e055bea33171d17802e761e9626e.png

image.thumb.png.0d6f2dcb7bfbbc1ce18a0b7d5bfda878.png

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

They are also in need of updating their legal business declarations in California. The last statement (Feb. 2022) used their long defunct Santa Ana office space for every detail including the contact data for Phil (CEO) and Tommy (Manager/Member).

I'd been keeping tabs on the European domain that Hans managed. Last year it went up for sale by a private domain reseller (Sedo) meaning it was never renewed by any Intellivision contact. For a long time it still redirected to Intellivision's main website. Recently the hosting also expired and therefore the domain is now inactive/blocked. The domain is referenced from Intellivision's website as the official European channel. Hans was the listed owner of the domain.

Despite Intellivision and Hans stating he still worked as an "Executive Consultant and Advisor" through March 2023, there is no indication he ever passed the credentials to Phil (who formally took over the European leg of Intellivision) or made any other effort to retain any of Intellivision's European presence. So all aspects of Intellivision Europe are effectively extinct, other than the boatload of remaining European boxed cards that also cannot be purchased, since the EU Shopify store has been down for a year.

Thank you for helping with research. Much appreciated.

Given your posting concerning the Euro branch, does this info fit?

Intellivision Entertainment Europe GmbH

And this:

supposedly current status

Edited by number6
Added reference
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, number6 said:

heh.

I think her point is that IE will have to convince uspto thoroughly as to why they submitted -no- domicile address.

Now, as to why IE did this?

A document at uspto suggests it might be to avoid unwanted communications, like erm...where is my refund? (evil grin)

I heard from someone that may or may not work there that they were honoring those 100% at anytime. The are handing them out with the FCC certs they are freely giving away with no evidence of passing.

3 hours ago, MattPilz said:

When their sign says, We'll be back soon. Is that an Atari VCS soon? A Phil Adam soon? Or a I'm going off to play backgammon while these sad YTers act like things are fine and that I'm coming back despite all evidence that says otherwise soon?

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

It's hilarious that this has Amico ruse has gone on so long, individual people watching it have specialized in different aspects of the scam, from the legal, business, trademark, financial, psychology, and gaming perspectives.

Well when you still have idiots around, who think they can get FCC certs by simple paperwork despite an employee saying they never retested it, it makes it easy to keep the illusion alive.

For those offended about my chicken post earlier here you go. Should have taken a picture when it was whole, but hey I was hungry! Got to get fuel for making Amicos!

20230614_174129.thumb.jpg.a3190a27f4fe4cd3a1de033c1488fda6.jpg

Edited by MrBeefy

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

It's hilarious that this has Amico ruse has gone on so long, individual people watching it have specialized in different aspects of the scam, from the legal, business, trademark, financial, psychology, and gaming perspectives.

Considering everyone seems to think Phil says very little, and considering that those of us who post say a -lot-, I have to argue we've put in much more effort keeping the name alive than management has.

However, I don't expect anyone here to be hired for a new PR team.

• Haha 6

27 minutes ago, number6 said:

Considering everyone seems to think Phil says very little, and considering that those of us who post say a -lot-, I have to argue we've put in much more effort keeping the name alive than management has.

However, I don't expect anyone here to be hired for a new PR team.

Pretty sure I could get the PR off to a better start. Atari Creep posted that he got a unit. Lol

On 6/13/2023 at 3:15 AM, roots.genoa said:

Indeed. I heard he's a huge Batman fan and collector, he only eats meat and sleeps almost all day long, like a cat. He has 600 years of experience doing graphics for more than 500 video games, and his father is indeed very proud as Cebus told us above. He has a Guinness record for the largest sprite in 16 colors ever drawn, and another one for the biggest amount of times he had to redo a background because his boss wasn't satisfied (126 times). His favorite movie is the first Rambo and his creed is to destroy everything like Rambo if he doesn't get what he wants. Works every time. 😎

You disgust me. That's no way to treat a Chicago Cubs Hall of Famer!

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Pretty sure I could get the PR off to a better start. Atari Creep posted that he got a unit. Lol

Pardon me for saying so, but this seems like an extremely small pool of testers.

Wild guess...IE does not have an online bugtracker.

• Haha 5

On 6/11/2023 at 11:20 PM, GoldLeader said:

Spriggy!

Good to have you back!  You Son of a Biscuit!  Where you been?

Missed you Goldy you ugly bastard! 😄  Long story.  Let's just call it life!  Not here to play violins.  Game On 😚

Edited by Spriggy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

noamicohere.gif

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cvga said:

You disgust me. That's no way to treat a Chicago Cubs Hall of Famer!

Dang! I knew I was forgetting something! 🤣

2 hours ago, Spriggy said:

As you well know I've been awol.  What happened to CPUWiz?

He had serious health issues but even though he's still around, he doesn't post that much anymore. 😔 But in this case I was referring to his signature reminding it's "could have - should have - would have" since a certain someone in this topic always does the mistake. 😑

• Sad 2

On 6/14/2023 at 8:21 AM, number6 said:

@Cebus Capucinis

Reference for following question

I'll wait 24 hours just in case...but it seems IE missed another filing date for extension to show use of trademark. If you recall, this also took place with "Intellivision Together Again", which was judged "abandoned" by uspto, followed by IE filing for revival which was accepted by uspto.

My question is this:

Given such a filing as the one referred to at top would also have to show business address, could they possibly have failed to file knowing they might get flagged again by uspto for failure to supply a physical business address? And...could this failure to file be a strategy to delay filing a physical business address?

Again, if this situation changes by tomorrow, I'll update and correct this posting.

Thanks.

No extension filed

For those who haven't followed the procedure, in the U.S. you must show "use" of trademark or continue to file extensions (delays) until your extensions run out or you submit and have approved/accepted  a statement of your use of trademark in commerce. You get 5 of these 6 month extensions beyond the initial 6 month period.

Note dates of last filings for extensions.

June 13, 2022. December 13, 2022.

Missing is any entry for June of this year.

Although it is still possible an entry into the record is late, the uspto response time of every 6 months is firm. Not to mention we've seen this already with the original filing for "Intellivision Amico", "Intellivision Prism", "Intellivision Together Again", etc.

If this follows the same pattern, approximately one month from now uspto will file a response indicating failure to file either a statement of use or an extension for more time in order to show use in commerce.

I repeat, there is a chance this entry can still appear, but each day that passes makes it more unlikely. There is also possibility of "revival of trademark" after being judged "abandoned" This occurred with "Intellivision Together Again" as detailed prior in this thread.

btw-this is the trademark for the figurative "Amico", which appears almost everywhere as well as through animations.

Feel free to post, if you see the extension appear on the above linked page. I'm just noting a concern.

Edited by number6
clarification/spelling
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Phil ain't there to spread the word. His job is more akin to stripping a carcass at this stage.

So true. Which IPs will be next? I think the best one they have now is Night Stalker. Everything else is generic unless someone can remind me of something I'm forgetting. 

11 hours ago, number6 said:

Pardon me for saying so, but this seems like an extremely small pool of testers.

Wild guess...IE does not have an online bugtracker.

Ha doubtful. It also appears that the consoles can't save. Mullis had 0% progress on Cornhole, and the leaderboards for DJC have looked suspect.

I wonder if Mullis reported when his son's corn bag bounced off the board? I doubt he did and probably had a meltdown yelling RAPE!!! 🤣

9 hours ago, Spriggy said:

Let me correct this more appropriately. 😉  I know I know ... but it's been a big hiatus.  Couldn't help myself! 💋 Hope @Albert is not watching! 😃

amico t1.jpg

Welcome back and good morning from the USA!

20230615_090247.thumb.jpg.52913e4812320e17da74fa89518c24ce.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Just for you since I know you find all this TM talk amusing:

June 14, 2023 IE filed for another 6 month extension to show use for "Intellivision Together Again" trademark. 

To those who ask where the money goes, each of these costs about a thousand dollars plus attorney's fees.

Applications for multiple classes are charged for each class as opposed to one charge per mark.

Just sayin'...

Edited by number6
spelling again
  • Thanks 1

@thread

Also from June 14, 2023 (yes both of these just appeared) is the aforementioned extension request to show use for the figurative trademark "Amico", as mentioned several posts back.

Edited by number6
Added "request" for clarity
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 1:13 PM, MattPilz said:

The state of Intellivision's finances would had been a helpful addendum to last month's update. Six figures in outstanding debt for a furniture lease is rough. There were many much higher loans borrowed in 2019-2020 that are reaching maturity, too. Intellivision hadn't paid interest let alone principal for most of those as of Jan. 2022. Nick said he was working on releasing the 2021 financial disclosures during the StartEngine campaign but that never happened, so it's unclear how many more debts they amassed in 2021-2022.

From a gaming and historic perspective it upsets me to see how Intellivision is now outright selling off IPs and copyrights of their original library (this is far different than "licensing deals"), and none of those deals will even come close to settling all these financial grievances. I don't understand how the company is even pretending to still be in operation when their own disclosures 18 months ago said: "If no other sources of capital are raised and if only the minimum ($10,000) is raised as part of the CF offering the company would only have operating cash for one to two months." If we take Phil's word, he is not being paid anything for his continued work on this, so the line is blurred over whether this is still an actual business or just some occasional volunteer efforts to keep straggling it along.

Are you still crying 😢 over spilt milk. Here is a 🦴 to naw on while you wait.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Why naw on a bone when beef is still20230615_173731.thumb.jpg.5ce47d28779bf024b85c04386a38c094.jpg available?

I wonder if the people who did the actual music for games like Shark Shark get their name in the credits or if Tommy spews his name over it. I bet they got a whopping $500 for their music.

Edited by MrBeefy