IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

25 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I'd answer your question about "hate," but I feel like this is some top notch trolling. Never heard of the Amico or know about the Evercade platform, yet you have arcade machines and are an AtariAge forum goer?

Its an absolute troll post.   I can smell a lie like a fart in a car. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Creamhoven said:

What ever you do,  do not talk positivly about Tommy Tallarico.

Since this is a popular thread I want tao say, that I was gone for a few days and tired to catch up with all the posts. If I per chance missed one, and not responding I am sorry. Concerning my wanting to do better thread, I am sorry that I cannot adress the points raised there. Please understand.

I don't know who that is. But I do owe it to you... I wouldn't have learned about this system if I didn't go looking for your System Shock thread... which I will now move on to next...

36 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

Moon Patrol has always been a favorite as one of my first memories of video gaming ever on a 2600. The remake is modernized and plays well. If you download the Amico app on any mobile phone you can actually play the first level of it right now (the Amico app has not been updated in years, but that demo still is on it). It was one of the physical release titles Amico planned but it's possible it may eventually see release on other platforms. I'd like to play the whole thing.

Holy crap, I just looked up the demo on YouTube, that game is awesome. I would have been happy with just a modern looking side-scroller version of the original, but it looks really, really sweet. I don't really like to play games on phones or tablets. I'm a console or arcade style guy. If the Amico ever comes out, I'll buy it if not for that game alone.

44 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I'd answer your question about "hate," but I feel like this is some top notch trolling. Never heard of the Amico or know about the Evercade platform, yet you have arcade machines and are an AtariAge forum goer?

Shoot, are you actually serious? People are different man, just because I like arcade games, and have arcade machines, it does not mean that it's my life, or that I'm somehow totally involved in everything there has to do with arcade machines and video games. I can have multiple interests you know. I have so much going on in my life... AtariAge, while I love video games, is only a small part of my life. I've heard the term Evercade before, but assumed that had something to do with the Retron. Like... I'm trying not to take it personally, haha... but did you see my post count? We've talked many times before on many threads. I spent 90% of my time in the Atari Jaguar forums, but a couple of years ago I sold off like 2/3rds of all my games. It's not like I just popped on here to be a supporter for the Amico and being secretly paid by Amico drug lords.

Right now, I'm spending a lot of my free time with my 14-year old daughter who's restoring her first car. I taught her to weld with a flex-core Lincoln Electric mig-welder on Father's day. And the weekend before that, she cut the exhaust system out of her Fiero. She's making videos for it on her channel: https://www.youtube.com/@GenerationZGarage We're going to be rebuilding the 2.5 liter Iron Duke engine in the next couple of weeks... even going to make her remove the bearings, hone the cyls, etc. Anyway, just because I'm teaching her how to restore her car, doesn't mean I know every single make and model of every single car that's out there.

Anyway, I know "the hate," I'm quite sure it's the same hate that I saw on the Atari VCS forum during the entire time that Atari was trying to release the VCS. Basically, it goes a couple of different ways... some people who are interested in it, and then a bunch of single / fat hairy dudes who have nothing better to do than pick it apart constantly. I don't know any of the people, or any of the background, but my guess it's a couple of people who are struggling to make it a reality, and here's 300+ pages of people shitting all over that dream. If it's even half-way decent, I'll buy it... because I appreciate the effort. Everyone said the Atari VCS was going to be garbage, but I very much appreciate it. it's literally the only game system that I allow on my console table in the family room (except to be fair, there is a black Wii hiding in there as well).

VCS-Playing.thumb.jpeg.bc202a4e77787a57cd348f077cf8d283.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Its an absolute troll post.   I can smell a lie like a fart in a car. 

Says the dude with 240 posts to the person with over 5,500+ posts on AtariAge.

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

I don't know who that is. But I do owe it to you... I wouldn't have learned about this system if I didn't go looking for your System Shock thread... which I will now move on to next...

Holy crap, I just looked up the demo on YouTube, that game is awesome. I would have been happy with just a modern looking side-scroller version of the original, but it looks really, really sweet. I don't really like to play games on phones or tablets. I'm a console or arcade style guy. If the Amico ever comes out, I'll buy it if not for that game alone.

Shoot, are you actually serious? People are different man, just because I like arcade games, and have arcade machines, it does not mean that it's my life, or that I'm somehow totally involved in everything there has to do with arcade machines and video games. I can have multiple interests you know. I have so much going on in my life... AtariAge, while I love video games, is only a small part of my life. I've heard the term Evercade before, but assumed that had something to do with the Retron. Like... I'm trying not to take it personally, haha... but did you see my post count? We've talked many times before on many threads. I spent 90% of my time in the Atari Jaguar forums, but a couple of years ago I sold off like 2/3rds of all my games. It's not like I just popped on here to be a supporter for the Amico and being secretly paid by Amico drug lords.

Right now, I'm spending a lot of my free time with my 14-year old daughter who's restoring her first car. I taught her to weld with a flex-core Lincoln Electric mig-welder on Father's day. And the weekend before that, she cut the exhaust system out of her Fiero. She's making videos for it on her channel: https://www.youtube.com/@GenerationZGarage We're going to be rebuilding the 2.5 liter Iron Duke engine in the next couple of weeks... even going to make her remove the bearings, hone the cyls, etc. Anyway, just because I'm teaching her how to restore her car, doesn't mean I know every single make and model of every single car that's out there.

Anyway, I know "the hate," I'm quite sure it's the same hate that I saw on the Atari VCS forum during the entire time that Atari was trying to release the VCS. Basically, it goes a couple of different ways... some people who are interested in it, and then a bunch of single / fat hairy dudes who have nothing better to do than pick it apart constantly. I don't know any of the people, or any of the background, but my guess it's a couple of people who are struggling to make it a reality, and here's 300+ pages of people shitting all over that dream. If it's even half-way decent, I'll buy it... because I appreciate the effort. Everyone said the Atari VCS was going to be garbage, but I very much appreciate it. it's literally the only game system that I allow on my console table in the family room (except to be fair, there is a black Wii hiding in there as well).

Says the dude with 240 posts to the person with over 5,500+ posts on AtariAge.

There was another guy around here that tried to equate his post count with his legitimacy.    Can't quite recall the name right now.  

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

There was another guy around here that tried to equate his post count with his legitimacy.    Can't quite recall the name right now.  

I guess I'm just not as much of a nerd as you are... I have a life outside of video games.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

OK, I'll help you out. You're way, way, way off base with your assumptions here. There are no good guys or good looks or misunderstandings on the Amico side. They blew through many millions, childishly disparaged people in public, and are now reduced to selling off IP. They don't have enough money to give everyone who wants a refund a refund, even though they previously promised that, let alone any ability to produce an actual console, not that they even have a fully functional version of the console despite being "close to release" almost 3 years ago. So yeah, there's ZERO blame for anyone but those involved in the Amico project. 

And yes, the Atari VCS did see release and still has a modicum of support, so kudos to Atari for delivering and following through on a console that really didn't need to be released and didn't do Atari's financials any favors. But yeah, again, no disagreement that they delivered on what they promised. The Amico situation is completely and irrevocably different.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

If the Amico ever comes out

If you haven’t been following, then you should know that the Amico will most likely not come out. The entire saga has been a shit show from beginning to end, and the company was run into the ground by the previous CEO, and now just a few people are left to pick up the pieces. They are basically bankrupt…they released their financials last year for the public to see. It was sad. If anything, a few of the games that they were working on might wind up on different platforms. But it will literally be a miracle if an actual Amico system shows up on store shelves. If you have been following over the past 3 years, you’d know exactly what I’m talking about. It’s been a disaster. And this is coming from a big Intellivision fan…just look at my screen name here. 😊

Anyway, I appreciate your enthusiasm for video games, but I thought I would try to catch you up to speed on the Amico debacle. There’s been countless issues, not only with the past CEO, but with the current CEO, their lack of communication, refusing refunds, multiple delays, their misleading videos, etc. It would take a long time to read through this thread, but it may help. There are numerous articles online covering all of this as well. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

OK, I'll help you out. You're way, way, way off base with your assumptions here. There are no good guys or good looks or misunderstandings on the Amico side. They blew through many millions, childishly disparaged people in public, and are now reduced to selling off IP. They don't have enough money to give everyone who wants a refund a refund, even though they previously promised that, let alone any ability to produce an actual console, not that they even have a fully functional version of the console despite being "close to release" almost 3 years ago. So yeah, there's ZERO blame for anyone but those involved in the Amico project. 

And yes, the Atari VCS did see release and still has a modicum of support, so kudos to Atari for delivering and following through on a console that really didn't need to be released and didn't do Atari's financials any favors. But yeah, again, no disagreement that they delivered on what they promised. The Amico situation is completely and irrevocably different.

Sigh, you could have saved me a lot of time instead of calling me a troll. I have no skin in the game, never put down a deposit, didn't even know it existed until today... so if it does by some miraculous point come out, I'll buy one. Unfortunately, the people who often have the drive to produce something like this, are often also the kind of people who fail hard... with other people's money.

2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

If you haven’t been following, then you should know that the Amico will most likely not come out. The entire saga has been a shit show from beginning to end, and the company was ran into the ground by the previous CEO, and now just a few people are left to pick up the pieces. They are basically bankrupt. If anything, a few of the games that they were working on might wind up on different platforms. But it will literally be a miracle if an actual Amico system shows up in the wild. If you have been following over the past 3 years, you know exactly what I’m talking about. It’s been a disaster. And this is coming from a big Intellivision fan, just look at my screen name here.

Anyway, I appreciate your enthusiasm for video games, but I thought I would try to catch you up to speed on the Amico debacle. There’s been countless issues, not only with the past CEO, but with the current CEO, their lack of communication, refusing to refund pre-orders, multiple system delays, their misleading videos, etc. It would take a long time to read through this thread, but it may help.

Thanks, I appreciate it. That sucks...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

How could that be?  Your post count is so much higher than mine on a video game forum.   
Troll better. 

I've been here for 19 years... so it just happens. But I'm quite confident I'm less nerdy than you. Call it a hunch, or my own arrogance.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Sigh, you could have saved me a lot of time instead of calling me a troll. I have no skin in the game, never put down a deposit, didn't even know it existed until today... so if it does by some miraculous point come out, I'll buy one. Unfortunately, the people who often have the drive to produce something like this, are often also the kind of people who fail hard... with other people's money.

Fair enough, but I hope you also appreciate how odd it seems for a person such as yourself to come out of nowhere and proclaim ignorance (and then immediate support?!) for the past 3 years of both the Amico and Evercade, both of which received tons of coverage, and the latter of which is an actual thriving platform with three different hardware systems - two handhelds and one console - including the recent EXP handheld and even a limited edition Duke Nukem variation of the VS console. I mean, you'd have to truly be actively avoiding ANY gaming news to have so little knowledge of either. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 82-T/A said:

I guess I'm just not as much of a nerd as you are... I have a life outside of video games.

1 hour ago, Rowsdower70 said:

How could that be?  Your post count is so much higher than mine on a video game forum.   
Troll better. 

1 hour ago, 82-T/A said:

I've been here for 19 years... so it just happens. But I'm quite confident I'm less nerdy than you. Call it a hunch, or my own arrogance.

57 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Fixed that for you.   

cute-kids.gif.22f09d9c0746915511e2072cd2eff5d2.gifchimppopcorn.gif.afbde1ab54483ca1d94ebb711ef55136.gif

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I saw Moon Patrol on there... what are the chances it's some ultra-modern new version of the game? That would be pretty awesome.

Haha... this is the story. I was goofing around in the "Off Topic" section, and then happened to see a thread about a post that @Creamhoven posted about the System Shock remake in Modern Gaming... so I had to make my way over here. While I was in here, I saw the post (this one) about some Intellivision trademark that expired, and so I started reading more. I then saw everyone trashing something called the Amico, and I thought to myself... damn... what is this system? I never had an Intellivision growing up... but when I was like 19/20, they were selling on every corner at the local $wap $hop here in Florida. At one time I had an Intellivision 1 and 2, and even a 3 if memory serves me right. Game I loved best was the Dungeons & Dragons game. I eventually sold and / or gave everything away. I actually still have one Intellivison cartridge somewhere. But anyway, I have an Atari VCS and I thought to myself, it would be pretty sweet to have this new system too... and here I am.

As for arcade machines, I really don't want to trash these 1Up systems... because I'm really glad that someone is building them, but they just aren't for me. They're too small. I have four arcade machines at home, a Super PacMan that I've been restoring. It was gutted and turned into a multicade. I am keeping the multicade, but I put back the right marquee, the right side art, rebuilt the controllers, the coin door with all the stuff, etc. I also built a "Polybius" out of a trashed Zaxxon. It has one of those 2348123423424 in 1 systems in it, which has basically every CapCom game as well as the two AD&D arcade games. And then I have an original Missile Command which I've been hauling with me for almost 25 years. I bought it when I was about 19, and it's been with me in every apartment and house that I've moved into. I've been slowly restoring it, it's all original parts, and totally complete. A real CRT, and real board.

IMG_4897.thumb.JPG.31543ab48fbd6049c56ba2c45dde23f2.JPG

I also have a Galaga, which I've been restoring. New side art, fully working original board and power supply, controls, etc... but I've been having issues with the monitor. I replaced all the capacitors on the monitor, and it worked well for a while, but recently the color started to wash out... so I'm frustrated and I may just put a flat LED monitor in it... sigh, I know.

IMG_4796.thumb.JPG.fda08aa4ad5aa5573762be3bac225a58.JPG

As for the Amico, why so much hate? This 300+ page read exactly like the Atari VCS thread before it came out, and I love that system... and I'm really glad I bought it.

Actually... I'd heard about this... but didn't really think much of it. But I just saw this: https://www.amazon.com/Blaze-Evercade-Premium-Pack-Vol-White/dp/B094F5ZGX8/

This thing is actually pretty sweet! It's literally a new cartridge system.

In case you aren't trolling here are two videos worth watching to explain Amico.

It misses a lot of the AtariAge nuances, but there is too much to really do it justice if you weren't there.

Another great video of it would be this one that gives insight into the personality and behavior of the now former CEO of Intellivision.

The roblox one is easier to digest but is less Amico focused.

It really sounds like Evercade will be more your style. Most of the Amico games seem to be getting ports anyways making the purchase of a future console pointless. Not that it's likely to ever come out.

The Amico debacle makes the Atari VCS look like an extremely competently ran campaign in comparison. It is overpriced for what it is, but at least made it to launch. 

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

Amico Goal Post Fail.gif

🤣

I've missed you posting regularly.

I would like to point out though, that person did manage to launch themselves. So it theoretically is more of a success story than Intellivision currently.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

🤣

I've missed you posting regularly.

I would like to point out though, that person did manage to launch themselves. So it theoretically is more of a success story than Intellivision currently.

Thanks Beefy.  Nice to get back into my old taco slippers! :pirate: Still catching up on the 2-3 years of hiatus .. escpecially the Footbath saga.  :roll:

• Haha 2

@82-T/A  It's long, but read the archive of Tommy Tallarico's original Amico thread here at Atari Age.  It's been made non-public here at AA and you have to go to offsite to find a backup of most of it.  You be surprised at the behavoirs of TT and supporters of the Amico thread.  As you read TT's post, remember this is being marketed as a "family friendly" console targeted at mothers and young families to play with their kids.    Link:  https://amicoage.neocities.org  There are more sites that provide a better synopsis of what occurred

I used to spend a lot of time on the Jaguar forum and remember you as a regular there was did not troll.

Edited by rayik
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rayik said:

@82-T/A  It's long, but read the archive of Tommy Tallarico's original Amico thread here at Atari Age.  It's been made non-public here at AA and you have to go to offsite to find a backup of most of it.  You be surprised at the behavoirs of TT and supporters of the Amico thread.  As you read TT's post, remember this is being marketed as a "family friendly" console targeted at mothers and young families to play with their kids.    Link:  https://amicoage.neocities.org  There are more sites that provide a better synopsis of what occurred

I used to spend a lot of time on the Jaguar forum and remember you as a regular there was did not troll.

Yup, was quite the Echo Chamber.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

Yup, was quite the Echo Chamber.

IIRC, it was even renamed…fun Amico conversations.

Since Beefy always seems to be creating “non fun, somewhat skeptical and even mildly critical” threads.

The entire saga was fun, so that part was indeed true 😂

Edited by MarioMan88
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

50 minutes ago, rayik said:

@MrBeefy @Flojomojo @ColecoJoe @PlaysWithWolves @kevtris @digdugnate @JBerel @dj_convoy @godslabrat @roots.genoa

Was this the thread we were throwing out some ideas and some amusing retort for Amico Footbath Family Games?  Some of them were hilarious!  If so, love to see them again.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Spriggy said:

Thanks Beefy.  Nice to get back into my old taco slippers! :pirate: Still catching up on the 2-3 years of hiatus .. escpecially the Footbath saga.  :roll:

Watching those two videos would be the quickest way to catch up. And that sucks as Slopes is 4 hours long. Just up the speed of the video.

1 hour ago, rayik said:

I'm pretty sure he's aware of that old thread and may have commented in it even. ;)

31 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

IIRC, it was even renamed…fun Amico conversations.

Since Beefy always seems to be creating “non fun, somewhat skeptical and even mildly critical” threads.

The entire saga was fun, so that part was indeed true 😂

I was trying to keep tabs on what turned out to be all the BS Tommy was spewing on YT. There wasn't really any discussion to be had. If you had an opinion that didn't mesh with Tommy's non-existent data, you were yelled at and such. 🤪

I always said I wanted it to succeed. I'm not going to act like their weren't potential problems. This was my honest thoughts about it.

https://youtu.be/leDjFj2FLn4

What is kind of sad from a company perspective is that after my last thread was shut down, Garvey offered me to do another interview. Tommy told Garvey that if I did another one he wanted to do another one so he could refute everything I said. Tommy was more worried about a random forum user than getting his console done.

I never wanted it to fail, and my threads being open or locked have nothing to do with my opinion of the console. Tommy was probably too shallow and immature to understand that concept.

Big difference between want to fail and think it will fail or struggle. I don't think it is going to release, but I hope it does. I don't want to hear idiots claim it would have been the best if, Yada Yada Yada. I'd love to be proven wrong, but that requires Intellivision to do something.

The only thing that has majorly changed is I think it is actually a scam now. I've been told and seen too much to suggest otherwise. I'm not lying when they had the chance to make the consoles in February of 2020 (parts sourced and manufactured). That was after the pandemic had started, and they would have still made money on the consoles. They were never as far along as Tommy claimed. They dragged their feet and I really think now it was to sell and leave the sucker that bought them with the Homer Car. All the "testing" that DJC and Mullis have been doing should have been done and buttoned up by the end of 2019.

When that investor pulled out they should have probably closed shop. They didn't and asked for money under false pretenses. That was for FEs, VIPs, and the physical codes in boxes.

22 minutes ago, Spriggy said:

@MrBeefy @Flojomojo @ColecoJoe @PlaysWithWolves @kevtris @digdugnate @JBerel @dj_convoy @godslabrat @roots.genoa

Was this the thread we were throwing out some ideas and some amusing retort for Amico Footbath Family Games?  Some of them were hilarious!  If so, love to see them again.

There were some there, some in my old threads, and I repurposed some of them in this thread. :P

I think a chunk of them made it to www.amicogames.com too. Usually when looking for an old meme that's the first and easiest place to check.

tumblr_80737c30770646a9b6f0c897faf06fb8_e3671820_640.thumb.jpg.f3116a2eff53709cf706f93c90b3fd66.jpg

tumblr_5ad60f8ed5c0096d10d522e7a6536c17_f394afec_1280.thumb.jpg.fe5f277d424174f9cd805deb36c9e072.jpg

tumblr_f7191f460072d39d761e2554d1a1d965_65f6cbc8_400.gif.1c8f88c00973c9135e1d1d869764275c.gif

tumblr_5e5f98a2224661d4d73abcd729b71841_76d4e53d_400.gif.3b16cc37ac64f169c42220ff575c9be8.gif

tumblr_1a36282e3fbb4c84771dd536ce331867_1e387e95_640.thumb.png.2b7e3b3b75c08be34241fd1a25653f4a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I've been here for 19 years... so it just happens.

Here's what you should do next. Become a licensed doctor and practice that profession for 19 years. Then go to an online forum discussing Theranos and get excited about this new innovative technology. Don't forget to ask "why so much hate?" after your thorough research.

Then go to an online dictionary, look up the definition for embarrassing and see that you have been etched in history, twice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Sigh, you could have saved me a lot of time instead of calling me a troll.

To be fair, you're not exactly the first one to be "late to the party" but as others said, it's always a bit surreal to us, especially at a stage where there's a very thin probability this thing will ever come out. Personally, I'm also always surprised that 'old' gamers, that probably played a lot of games, knew a lot of systems that succeeded and failed, can still be strongly optimistic about such ventures. Yeah, there were a few good ideas about the Amico on paper, but I was convinced from day one it would be a very tough battle to release this thing.

Well, at least it shows there's really no such thing as bad publicity!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

There were some there, some in my old threads, and I repurposed some of them in this thread. :P

I think a chunk of them made it to www.amicogames.com too. Usually when looking for an old meme that's the first and easiest place to check.

Trawling through at least 1000 pages on the the back-up link and the Amico Tumblr may be a detterant.  He's not worth it.

meanwhile.gif.025d9747572dd76eb570f5acd9adcc3c.gif

chimpcuke.gif.4d0ec2ed140d333dd8c17848b6bf4b56.gif

(old reference for those in the know :ahoy:)

• Like 1