IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

Originally the controllers were designed to connect to a console automatically.  Later they added controller ui to be able to select the console in the rare event more than one console is within range.  They could put an rfid tag in the controller but it's not necessary. No I didn't mention what their staff were able to or not able to accomplish in my comment.

I'm not doubting the existence of the document.  I only asked the source.  If it was leaked by an employee rather from a potential investor than we don't know if it was presented to investors in that form.  There are other parts of that document that are more problematic than listing a bunch of corporations that they'd like to have purchase the company.  Discussions have been about what their employees have said.  Whether they are true is another matter. 

My god man, you are just a classic Rainman type.....please, for the love of god, stop!!!

rainman.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

He was just being 100% honest and transparent about the price not being above $200. Stop being an elitist bully by just pointing out what came out of his mouth.

Pretty sure he said the same about $250. Heck even before the newest pricing scheme, they broke the $250 with the GameStop edition. I suspect this was done so GameStop could actually get a bigger percentage. Woodgrain was IE direct so that retailer chunk wasn't needed.

This reminds me of my threads kerfuffle...

Screenshot_20230711_143810_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5be5e4cea58ca7f33076718a5c097063.jpg

Did we ever see this AA-->jaybird3rd sponsored better source of higher quality of information?

To be fair, the information I was posting was coming from the mouth of Tommy. However, I doubt that's what he really meant by the statement. 🤣

Still funny to see how thermonuclear butthurt people were if you didn't ascribe to the company mandated way to be excited for a console.

Funny how quiet they've all become. Maybe they don't have time to post now that they are all busy playing Amico with their families?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

OOF. His habit of generating these “read my lips” promises are why people can’t quit mocking him, even after all these years. “I swear on my dead sister’s tombstone” was another one. Or “you have my word of honor we won’t do crowdfunding.” What an amateur. 

@mr_me I don’t know if the pitch deck was draft or final, but what difference would it make if it were just version 1.0? This was the company that used “placeholder” (read: stolen) assets, flipped out when their developer documents were made public, and played fast and loose with the truth on every communication medium they touched. If you have a better/final version of the document, please share it and we can talk about that one instead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

OOF. His habit of generating these “read my lips” promises are why people can’t quit mocking him, even after all these years. “I swear on my dead sister’s tombstone” was another one. Or “you have my word of honor we won’t do crowdfunding.” What an amateur. 

@mr_me I don’t know if the pitch deck was draft or final, but what difference would it make if it were just version 1.0? This was the company that used “placeholder” (read: stolen) assets, flipped out when their developer documents were made public, and played fast and loose with the truth on every communication medium they touched. If you have a better/final version of the document, please share it and we can talk about that one instead.

Iirc it was like version 3.8. :P

I'm pretty sure his thoughts on it are nothing really new or relevant on the pitch deck. He probably thinks of the crowdfunding from Fig/Republic as loans, and wishes they crowdfunded the manufacturing so they wouldn't need to worry about that financing.

Because you know, they've been super responsible with the other crowdfunding money they got. Which, you know, was suppose to be the rocket fuel for launch. Like maybe to get them manufactured. 🤔 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

We can discuss whatever you want.  I'm just pointing out that we don't know if this document or any version of it was actually shown to investors.  And as you know, it's very normal to present an exit strategy to investors, some people tend to give these things more meaning than they have.

Edited by mr_me

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

We can discuss whatever you want.  I'm just pointing out that we don't know if this document or any version of it was actually shown to investors.  And as you know, it's very normal to present an exit strategy to investors, some people tend to give these things more meaning than they have.

It's literally not though and I say this as someone who has worked closely with start-ups and large corporations for years.  You present investors with a model by which you intend to grow the value of their investment in your company such that it provides a significant return.  You don't present some pie-in-the-sky list of companies that you believe will want to acquire you.  I'd really be curious to know your educational and work background because you seem a lot like someone who watches Shark Tank as opposed to someone who actually knows what they are talking about.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

50 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

It's literally not though and I say this as someone who has worked closely with start-ups and large corporations for years.  You present investors with a model by which you intend to grow the value of their investment in your company such that it provides a significant return.  You don't present some pie-in-the-sky list of companies that you believe will want to acquire you.  I'd really be curious to know your educational and work background because you seem a lot like someone who watches Shark Tank as opposed to someone who actually knows what they are talking about.   

tumblr_f52fa209e39a812b4c6c3dda1de5373c_b5ee46de_1280.thumb.png.b5326ba1a13d79f0c1117ec6ca0a087c.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bojay1997 said:

Yeah those of us who have these backgrounds have called Mr_Me out on this for years. He is oftentimes completely wrong- especially  when he tries to hand wave things away as normal business practices when they aren’t.  Remember when he tried to tell us how corporate boards operate and was 100% wrong? Or more recently that the FCC branding was totally normal? I honestly think he’s either an 18 year old troll or an AI chatbot that’s been programmed by Mike Mullins. I can’t imagine he actually has any background in anything he is talking about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

I made the comment because someone else suggested that an exit strategy is evidence that the company did not intend to release the product.  I'm just saying it's not evidence of that.  That an exit strategy is a normal thing to see in a presentation to investors.  I'm not at all saying they are making a compelling case for investors, we don't even know if that document was presented to investors.  And I don't watch Shark Tank.  

3 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Yeah those of us who have these backgrounds have called Mr_Me out on this for years. He is oftentimes completely wrong- especially  when he tries to hand wave things away as normal business practices when they aren’t.  Remember when he tried to tell us how corporate boards operate and was 100% wrong? Or more recently that the FCC branding was totally normal? I honestly think he’s either an 18 year old troll or an AI chatbot that’s been programmed by Mike Mullins. I can’t imagine he actually has any background in anything he is talking about.

Do you believe the former CEO stepped down voluntarily or was he removed by the board.  Different companies can label their prototypes differently, it's not necessarily normal.

Edited by mr_me

10 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

(Wasn't it that he said $100k was insultingly low or something in that video?)

Just noticed no one answered you. They offered him 100x less than what he would want. So if they offered him $1,000 he was expecting $100,000.

4 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I haven't had a chance to dive into this but did they manage to get that last 400k from Fig. Or is that what this pathetic attempt of showing progress by giving DJC and Mullis a unit is all about?

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

I made the comment because someone else suggested that an exit strategy is evidence that the company did not intend to release the product.  I'm just saying it's not evidence of that. 

Have you seen emails from manufacturers from which IE passed up the opportunity to have all parts sourced AND still make a profit on every console? Or how they have tried to sell the company? Or how their employees went around acting like they weren't employees? Did you find the busted footage of Bomb Squad where they used it in a promo even though it didn't work? Or that you don't have the BOM?

Are you that thermonuclear butthurt that you don't know all of that? Or are you still mad that you think I was making arbitrary goalposts for IE and ridiculing them.

Despite the fact they don't even have a goal in sight! 🤣

Do you miss the days of everyone insulting me, trying to dox me, and say I was wrong. While years later they still haven't managed to disprove any of my mild concerns? In fact all they've proven is that I was too generous and hopeful about their outcome than they deserved. Maybe you should go back and hang out with them? You can discuss Amico Home ideas with DJC and company tonight. Don't worry that's a Beefy free zone 🤣.

monty python and there was much rejoicing GIF

:D

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

I made the comment because someone else suggested that an exit strategy is evidence that the company did not intend to release the product.  I'm just saying it's not evidence of that.  That an exit strategy is a normal thing to see in a presentation to investors.  I'm not at all saying they are making a compelling case for investors, we don't even know if that document was presented to investors.  And I don't watch Shark Tank.  

Do you believe the former CEO stepped down voluntarily or was he removed by the board.  Different companies can label their prototypes differently, it's not necessarily normal.

Again, you are operating in bad faith.  Either state your qualifications to make the ridiculous claims you are making or stop making them.  Many individuals here have actually manufactured products or been involved in start-ups and corporations that have actually engaged in raising rounds of investment capital.  An exit strategy is virtually never in an investor presentation as it shows a lack of belief in the ability of the proposed company to actually succeed in its intended function (i.e. to get the product or service to market and actually generate a profit sufficient to benefit the investors).  It is also a potential regulatory red flag as it is highly speculative and could be used as the basis of an investor or shareholder lawsuit.  What you will typically see is a detailed explanation of how a company intends to generate return on an investment in a reasonable time horizon.  Anything beyond that is simply not done and certainly never in writing.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Again, you are operating in bad faith.  Either state your qualifications to make the ridiculous claims you are making or stop making them.  

The Secret qualification.

tumblr_2e925eb01e47f227c5cfcd33cc62cc07_33a50fe5_1280-1.thumb.png.be8a55fb067748de6c3cba32c0d0ae8e.png

Also there are no haters. Tommy made them up himself. 🤣

a3e393082a553f48dec022b92d76180433008d7f.thumb.png.4b0f4947153e2c59b745029c0620153f.png

I wonder if he wishes that he just tried to let people have their rational opinions? 😅

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Again, you are operating in bad faith.  Either state your qualifications to make the ridiculous claims you are making or stop making them.  Many individuals here have actually manufactured products or been involved in start-ups and corporations that have actually engaged in raising rounds of investment capital.  An exit strategy is virtually never in an investor presentation as it shows a lack of belief in the ability of the proposed company to actually succeed in its intended function (i.e. to get the product or service to market and actually generate a profit sufficient to benefit the investors).  It is also a potential regulatory red flag as it is highly speculative and could be used as the basis of an investor or shareholder lawsuit.  What you will typically see is a detailed explanation of how a company intends to generate return on an investment in a reasonable time horizon.  Anything beyond that is simply not done and certainly never in writing.  

Startups planning for an IPO, for example, is an exit strategy. And I've already said that's after success in the market.  An equity investor eventually has to sell their shares in order to realize a profit. A company acquisition could be years after product release.  I don't see any of that being outlandish.  And I'm saying this because I have seen samples with exit strategies.  And of course, most importantly, an investor needs to see a sound business plan that will make the company money.  Regardless of how poor this document is, which we don't even know if it was shown to investors, an exit strategy does not mean they didn't intend to release the product.

Edited by mr_me

8 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

19 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Startups planning for an IPO, for example, is an exit strategy. And I've already said that's after success in the market.  An equity investor eventually has to sell their shares in order to realize a profit. A company acquisition could be years after product release.  I don't see any of that being outlandish.  And I'm saying this because I have seen samples with exit strategies.  And of course, most importantly, an investor needs to see a sound business plan that will make the company money.  Regardless of how poor this document is, which we don't even know if it was shown to investors, an exit strategy does not mean they didn't intend to release the product.

There is a difference between an IPO and selling the entire company.  The Intellivision dec does not discuss IPO.  

Again you did not answer the question as to what personal experience you have with this.  Your lack of an answer is an answer.

• Like 2

So I hear the new fun Amico talk is about how Amico Home can replace a deck of cards at a bar!

WOW family gaming, at a bar, is saved!

No one ever in the history of bars ever used cards anyways!

930e159674e012efac326f5aea4b30bc--tombstone-quotes-spelling.thumb.jpg.fbc3eab6965a41a4f1af59a264fa8ec9.jpg

So anyone want to guess as to when they haven't released Amico Home yet? They have a basic android app already to go. It was shown at CrayBroLa.

It's almost as if they just want to continue to stall, drag feet, and make announcements, without actually doing anything. 😏

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, mr_me said:

I’m actually referring to this exchange (almost a year old now!) between you and I. I pasted it below with my reply at the time. Seriously man, it’s okay to just admit you are speaking outside of your realm of expertise (which is… what exactly?)

On 8/14/2022 at 2:20 PM,  mr_mesaid: 

The former CEO and the CFO do not have near enough shares to control the company so the other board members are very much involved in the decision making. 

This is flat out wrong. Who told you this? This is not how boards operate in relation to CEOs/CFOs. I speak as someone who has been on boards AND as someone who has served as CEO. Boards are not involved in decision making and they’re level of involvement isn’t based on who has the most shares. A board’s function is to hire/fire the CEO/Director according to their overall goals for the company.  The CEO’s role is to perform to the level agreed upon when hired. They do not run the operations of the company beyond that. What you’ve said here is, in fact, so incorrect it calls into question the veracity of all your other responses. Where are you pulling your information from? What is your job and area of expertise? I’m not saying you are lying but in this case you are badly misinformed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

So I hear the new fun Amico talk is about how Amico Home can replace a deck of cards at a bar!

WOW family gaming, at a bar, is saved!

No one ever in the history of bars ever used cards anyways!

930e159674e012efac326f5aea4b30bc--tombstone-quotes-spelling.thumb.jpg.fbc3eab6965a41a4f1af59a264fa8ec9.jpg

So anyone want to guess as to when they haven't released Amico Home yet? They have a basic android app already to go. It was shown at CrayBroLa.

It's almost as if they just want to continue to stall, drag feet, and make announcements, without actually doing anything. 😏

Yeah, DJC literally said that in a bar it would be cool to play poker on his phone with someone else in the bar also on their phone, and that using a deck of cards to play is just kind of crazy idea.

Um... isn't that exactly what Tommy and the Amico fans were saying was wrong with society and why Amico was needed? To get people to stop playing on their phones and interact with people in real life?

It's almost like they'll just desperately say anything to try and make anything Amico related sound good... 👀

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

I'm going to go into one of the programming subforums and just start saying stuff.  I don't have to know what I'm talking about :)

You probably have more relevant experience than bleep blogs, guy who everyone said they had faith in.

• Like 3