IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

28 minutes ago, Shawn said:

So that one is the best of the lot you find?

Well I just beat Moon Rider. I'd say if you like Contra go with Super Cyborg. I think I like it the best of the ones I've played.

Moon Rider was good, but not really a MegaMan clone, and almost seemed like it thought about being a metroidlike game but didn't follow through. It was good, don't get me wrong but could have expanded itself. They could have spent like a screen or two more for Moon Rider ending.

Edit: I think Super Cyborg is worth $2.48. Next time I hang with my bro I'm going to suggest we play it. Every once in awhile me and him do Contra 3 on hard mode, so this would be something he likes.

super-cyborg-review-1.thumb.jpg.de1536647a7b0436c4c49fabcc650322.jpg

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Come on Tommy we're all waiting to see this video...

RJIJjqh.png

Ha I was about to ask if anyone thinks he's needed to upgrade his PC yet.

The fact so many people didn't see his behavior as red flags for the project is telling on the state of people having clouded judgement. It was actually his behavior that put doubts in my head about the project. That and the continued lying. Also on that same page was this statement.

Screenshot_20230723_232834_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0a7d2d229d40b02dc3371ed48759a43c.jpg

It was actually done back in 2004 on a Jakks Plug n Play for up to 6 players. 🤣

Screenshot_20230723_233121_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2057af1cb7d55c8f0973053d4ed46c0.jpg

For claiming to know about the industry, he sure doesn't seem to know much. And that plug in play isn't bad. Doesn't beat pulling out cards of course. 

• Like 5

This is a pretty good article and touches on how Amico didn't act like they were targeting who they claimed to.

https://www.giantbomb.com/intellivision-amico/3045-181/forums/the-lack-of-types-of-games-and-genres-in-the-promi-1912933/

It was pretty obvious Tommy was here to sucker people in with nostalgia. It wasn't to provide family friendly gaming.

• Like 3

I never really understood how Amico's dice or card games would be appealing.  They had no online play. Everyone had to be in the same room to play. If you are in the same room, why wouldn't you just take out some dice or a pack of cards?  Never made sense why one would fire up the Amico.  These two articles on Giantbomb have some good insight into why that might be.

The lack of types of games and genres in the promised Amico library point toward it being a scam from early on.

I examined the Amico's proposed library and it made it even clearer that there was never a real plan. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rayik said:

why wouldn't you just take out some dice or a pack of cards?

Because some people like me don't necessarily know the rules and/or are too lazy to enforce them. It depends on the game, though, and I clearly wouldn't spend time on a (virtual) dice game.

I mostly play alone, though, and I'm not sure I could convince a 'family' to play a cards game on a console rather than IRL. I remember playing poker with two friends on the DS, though.

The wife and I will play the occasional game of Yacht Dice or Bacgammon on Clubhouse Games. It's usually when we are on a time crunch but want to play SOMETHING. If we have a dedicated game night planned we would then go for the actual games.

Otherwise those type of games are good for the most tiny amount of together time. When in reality those games are best for single player experiences when you don't have someone at the ready to play along with.

On 7/23/2023 at 11:39 PM, MrBeefy said:

It was actually done back in 2004 on a Jakks Plug n Play for up to 6 players. 🤣

Although that one requires passing a single controller, among my old LCD games I still have a six player version from Senario, also released in 2004. It included Texas Holdem and Blackjack and cost $30 for the whole set (MSRP $60). The marketing images definitely had that Amico family-friendly vibe, too.

image.thumb.png.3aa578af838a4428a06b102954225f3b.png

We never got to see exactly how well the Amico card/dice game worked, only a few seconds in the E3 teaser as far as I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

Although that one requires passing a single controller, among my old LCD games I still have a six player version from Senario, also released in 2004. It included Texas Holdem and Blackjack and cost $30 for the whole set (MSRP $60). The marketing images definitely had that Amico family-friendly vibe, too.

image.thumb.png.3aa578af838a4428a06b102954225f3b.png

We never got to see exactly how well the Amico card/dice game worked, only a few seconds in the E3 teaser as far as I know.

Those are the whitest white people I've ever seen in my entire life

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, rayik said:

Shows how totally non-family friendly this is. 

Or that they didn't want to play it. I know I act pretty stupid on here, but in all seriousness I'd be a better tester of this thing and the games. I only have a no less than 20 immediate family members ranging from boomer to baby to put it through its paces, and give it a fair take.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Or that they didn't want to play it. I know I act pretty stupid on here, but in all seriousness I'd be a better tester of this thing and the games. I only have a no less than 20 immediate family members ranging from boomer to baby to put it through its paces, and give it a fair take.

I agree you’d be a perfect tester … if the thing actually existed. I’ve paid real money for dumber things than the Amico as originally pitched, which was a long way from where it went. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

LOL, "I was with my family, so no time to play."    

Did he not even consider how that would look while he was writing that?  

No self awareness at all. 

None. They are just that out of touch. I think Tommy got desperate enough he'd take anyone that would say nice things even if they were a few chips short of an Amico.

They can't even understand the simple concerns people had. Heck he just proved one that families wouldn't want to play it.

Go back and read some of that Q1 to Q2 stuff on AtariAge from Tommy. You could tell things were falling apart and he was reaching.

In mid April 2020 he was trying to convince idiots here that PS, Nintendo, and MS were niche consoles and Amico wasn't. 🤣 6000 preorders is nowhere near a million let alone 3 billion. Tommy should learn some Math.

Screenshot_20230727_213232_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9481b70f91ba7eb42c8b101789e399b7.jpg

He was so unhinged that his idea was a flop all he could do was lob insults here because his idea was flaccid and he was impotent at making his console. 🤣

Screenshot_20230727_213531_Chrome.thumb.jpg.51d51072649ea0e36abe915ec0573bc2.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

Last time I checked. Anyone who was critical, or labeled a hater didn't take millions of $s promising stuff and not follow through.

And at this point he knew they weren't making their launch. And two months previously passed up on getting a manufacturer to source parts and make them. 🤣 

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/26/2023 at 7:49 AM, MrBeefy said:

I will just leave this here and let you all decide as to the level of irony within.

image-1.thumb.png.417d94a89f047a48f2b11e4d18c4470e.png

I will say at least DJC responds politely to my questions, even though he knows my feelings on this whole thing. As opposed to MM, who fancies himself as a brand ambassador but likes to insult me and my family and occasionally threaten physical harm. Swell guy.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I will say at least DJC responds politely to my questions, even though he knows my feelings on this whole thing. As opposed to MM, who fancies himself as a brand ambassador but likes to insult me and my family and occasionally threaten physical harm. Swell guy.  

Which really is ironic, considering how MM tries to outwardly appear how he's this guy that's all about family.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Which really is ironic, considering how MM tries to outwardly appear how he's this guy that's all about family.

I think MM is easily the worst of the cult, by a wide margin. Perfect combination of arrogance, stupidity, resentment, and rage.  The perfect spokesman for a family system!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I think MM is easily the worst of the cult, by a wide margin. Perfect combination of arrogance, stupidity, resentment, and rage.  The perfect spokesman for a family system!

I hear he likes to steal bubblewrap from kids. That's like taking candy from a baby!

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

MM is the worst in multiple ways, and also an absolutely massive hypocrite to boot.

His meltdown after the ArsTechnica article was absolutely hilarious and also quite worrying really.

TonyTGD read one of his articles last night. It was horrid. Badly written and I could have maybe done better. And I'm a horrible writer.

He has no room questioning Sam, TonyTGD, or probably anyone.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

TonyTGD read one of his articles last night. It was horrid. Badly written and I could have maybe done better. And I'm a horrible writer.

He has no room questioning Sam, TonyTGD, or probably anyone.

Yeah I've seen some of his articles and reviews in the past. Not bad for a 12 year old writing on his blog after a long day at school, but for a grown adult who boasts about his journalism and criticizes others... well I don't want to be negative so I won't say anything 🤭

• Haha 4