IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

No there’s still quite a few people who have stated they’ve been waiting months, made multiple requests, heard nothing etc. They pop up a lot in the YouTube comments on various videos.

And with Mike Kennedy… man I feel bad for the guy. He got in way over his head (and was either dishonest or being willingly obtuse at various points) but he never took any money for the product. So in the end he only ended up hurting himself.  All that over some Jag molds…

Mike knew what he was doing and the only reason he didn't end up accepting money for his scams is because they were exposed before they got to that point. Mike is still even allowed to post here. He got off ridiculously easy for what he did.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I don't buy the excuse that Mike got conned by two different hardware guys on the RetroVGS and the Chameleon. He was either in on the deception or so utterly clueless about the technology involved that he'd have barely known what a games console looked like. Either way, it'd have been an utter disaster if they had received any money.

As for Tommy, while there's still dirt, people will keep digging. If he wants to put the Amico fiasco behind him, he could do a considerably better job of walking away than having his name still plastered over everything that's associated with it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, famicommander said:

Mike knew what he was doing and the only reason he didn't end up accepting money for his scams is because they were exposed before they got to that point. Mike is still even allowed to post here. He got off ridiculously easy for what he did.

Amico is what would have happened if the Chameleon project had money.

I heard rumors that Kennedy and Tallarico were discussing a project that sounded like Amico, prior to the RetroVGS/Chameleon.

9 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

If you look at the full photo, it seems to make him higher than the opponent he's facing. I suspect it's nothing more than another weird "power" move in a series of them. Or maybe it's just a goof. It's impossible to know with him. He's an "unusual" personality for sure.

Side note, and not to suck the fun out of the room, but I admit to having some fatigue with Tallarico bashing. If he just acted reasonably normal during his time at Intellivision Productions, or it was another person who acted like a person at his level is supposed to, I don't think we'd have even a quarter of the ridicule/vitriol. He obviously brought this upon himself by being an absolute jackass (and more) at the "height" of Amico, but I feel that perhaps it's time to move on? Or will this stop once the "entity" behind Amico, Intellivision Productions, throws in the towel? (surely, that has to be relatively soon)

Mike Kennedy is a punchline and person non-grata in the community, but I feel like his case was more of a person being in over their head rather than purely intentional, and I don't think most people want or wanted his life ruined. Maybe the Tallarico thing is a person with issues of his own who did things on a larger scale, with the caveat that we don't really know what was intentional ill-will or simple personality disorder and gross mismanagement. Knowing the definitive answer to that would put things more into perspective. Certainly, Tallarico shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of a video game project, but I do wonder out loud how much more there needs to be said at this point.

You also are ignoring that he actively encouraged people to attack me and others. He actively used AA to send messages to dox other members like @PlaysWithWolves. Encouraged members to go after people's jobs, Screenshot_20210217-140259_YouTube.thumb.jpg.65f5e3f6fc45df7355e676a8db7acb8f.jpg

hunt for ex-wives, and use children pictures to blackmail people to stop talking. All in the name of not having any opinion (even if they want it to succeed) that differs than his sales pitch. Some of us, despite all of that crap, still have more integrity than that oompa-loompa has in height.

If you don't like to make joke posts, maybe the Amico just isn't for you.

🤡🤡

On a different note. I don't see how Tommy intended to get the Christian market by promoting other religions in his games. This is a good fair review by NSG.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Im not familiar with the Mike Kennedy fiasco you guys are mentioning.  Any recommended summaries out there?  Google directs me to politicians so in guessing that's not it

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/gaming-hipster-b0ecf/episodes/4-smoke-and-mirrors-an-interview-with-mike-james-79f2b?action=AUTOPLAY_FULL&actionContentId=201-8cbd3e5d-f4ec-4dee-bc00-618cbb0c7ec9

Search Retro VGS/Chameleon

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

What kills me about the whole thing is that the Chameleon was crucified but the Amico was LET RIGHT ON IN and given a spotlight.  

Wasn't that something?

Oooh!  Oooh! Pick me, teacher, I know the answer! It’s because

Spoiler

@Tommy Tallarico was little more than a better-funded @Parrothead and @jaybird3rd was too star*-struck to think clearly. 

*minor star, who upon further examination, was even less relevant than he claimed to be

Hindsight is 20/20, but despite all the hope and wishcasting, all the warning signs were clearly there, right from the start. 

• Like 5

Yeah, to be honest, even though some of you were braver (and got banned quickly), I think most of us found hard to talk to Tommy's face. You can call it "star-struck" but to me it's just having "respect" for someone famous. And as I write it, I realize how stupid it is but it's a thing most of us tend to do unconsciously I guess. And the fact some of you had no idea who Tommy was maybe helped you treat him like he was a regular member, actually. IDK

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 3

On 9/29/2023 at 7:15 PM, MrBeefy said:

You also are ignoring that he actively encouraged people to attack me and others. He actively used AA to send messages to dox other members like @PlaysWithWolves. Encouraged members to go after people's jobs, 

I never said we should exonerate or ever forgive Tallarico, I just said maybe it's time to move on from the non-stop memes and dissection of everything he does. It's just been a very long time already with this stuff. I was kind of wondering when the end might be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I never said we should exonerate or ever forgive Tallarico, I just said maybe it's time to move on from the non-stop memes and dissection of everything he does. It's just been a very long time already with this stuff. I was kind of wondering when the end might be.

As long as the jokers at Intellivision continue to maintain the charade that they're still working on a console this isn't going to go away. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, famicommander said:

As long as the jokers at Intellivision continue to maintain the charade that they're still working on a console this isn't going to go away. 

I didn't say it should go away either... Obviously, it's still a topic of interest as long as the company exists, even in its "mostly on paper" form.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Yeah, to be honest, even though some of you were braver (and got banned quickly), I think most of us found hard to talk to Tommy's face. You can call it "star-struck" but to me it's just having "respect" for someone famous. And as I write it, I realize how stupid it is but it's a thing most of us tend to do unconsciously I guess. And the fact some of you had no idea who Tommy was maybe helped you treat him like he was a regular member, actually. IDK

I didn't know who he was until after all this nor did I watch whatever show he was on. Quite frankly I never understood people acting like celebrities are anything other than normal people with the same if not worse issues that everyone else has. They aren't any more special or important than some random person you run into on the street.

48 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I forsee this going on as long as the Knight Rider project. Also I'm sure he was a fan of yours since you worked for AtGames and how they DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHTS TO USE THOSE GAMES! So glad he didn't use that crap AtGames company.

I actually have been happy with the AtGames products I have. But I also don't have stupid expectations either. Unless it was to release a product. That WAS a stupid expectation I had for Amico!

20221231_222657_0000.thumb.png.6ef538cd49095ad9e1f628ea61954fc5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I forsee this going on as long as the Knight Rider project. Also I'm sure he was a fan of yours since you worked for AtGames and how they DIDN'T HAVE THE RIGHTS TO USE THOSE GAMES! So glad he didn't use that crap AtGames company.

I actually have been happy with the AtGames products I have. But I also don't have stupid expectations either. Unless it was to release a product. That WAS a stupid expectation I had for Amico!

Yeah, he definitely irrationally hated AtGames. We only had brief public interactions and I obviously would never stoop to his level, so said interactions were relatively mundane and focused on business stuff (that was probably a lie from his end). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Yeah, he definitely irrationally hated AtGames. We only had brief public interactions and I obviously would never stoop to his level, so said interactions were relatively mundane and focused on business stuff (that was probably a lie from his end). 

You're just an untalented jealous gatekeeping to suggest that Tommy would ever lie about anything.

It's a shame there was never a 2nd Flashback. That really is probably the best they could ever really muster.

I know there were brags about how much of the market share Intv had, but it's like bragging about coming in 3rd in a race of only 3. If they wanted to be bigger or become more modern they should have stuck to software and found a retro niche. However, after seeing their Shark Shark, it is obvious they had no real chance of that either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I didn't know who he was until after all this nor did I watch whatever show he was on. Quite frankly I never understood people acting like celebrities are anything other than normal people with the same if not worse issues that everyone else has. They aren't any more special or important than some random person you run into on the street.

You're telling me that, if you came across your favorite actress on the street, you would treat her as a regular person? Not even a smile? Not even trying not to bother her?

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Remember, even if it was not my case (I actually always disliked the guy), that many people here loved EarthWorm Jim's soundtrack for instance, and assumed Tommy wrote it. 😉

That being said, I tend to be respectful with anyone, celebrity or not, so it takes a lot of provocation for me to be aggressive towards someone on a forum. However I admit Tommy was very aggressive with a lot of us (but not me in particular). I will obviously not blame anyone for trying to confront him. I'm just saying I don't think I would have been able to do that...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

You're telling me that, if you came across your favorite actress on the street, you would treat her as a regular person? Not even a smile? Not even trying not to bother her?

If I came across my favourite actress (whoever that is) on the street, I would take a quite long look at her as I was seeing her from the front. Some time after she passed, I would stop walking, turn around and look at her some more. :) I would be too afraid and polite to bother her. If she smiled at me when I first looked at her, I would give her a thumbs up.

If I accidentally had a conversation with a celebrity, I would try to treat them as a regular person. In part because I think that would be the least awkward for me, and in part because I think that is how they want to be treated. I would be nervous, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Dude it is quite possible not to fangirl. I've had the opportunity to meet some of my favorite wrestlers (Ricky the Dragon, Dustin Rhoads, Piper, Terry Funk [RIP], etc.). Did they do some cool things in wrestling? Yes, but at the end of the day that doesn't make them any more important or better than you or I.

I enjoyed EWJ back in the day. But once again why would I give two of Tommy's shits about that Tommy doing the music? Even more so if you can read....

Screenshot_20231002_064732_YouTube.thumb.jpg.5d86692bd40b9bcac775f54010c15c42.jpg

OMG ITS TOMMY HE DID THE SOUND AND MUSIC FOR EWJ. LET ME EVACUATE MY PANTS IN EXCITEMENT BECAUSE I REMEMBER LOVING MY CHILDHOOD DURING THE TIME I PLAYED GAMES AS A KID AND HE LIKE DID ALL THE MUSIC DESPITE THE CREDITS SAYING OTHERWISE AND HIS DOUCHEBAG ACTING WAS SO DREAMY ON (WHATEVER THE SHOW WAS)! SQWEEEEE.

Will Smith Fainting GIF

That might be you, but that's not me. It's stupid how much power people give celebrities over them. Last night during football they talked about how there was like a spike of 900k (or some ridiculous number) of Travis Kelce jerseys sold because Taylor Swift is dating him. Going so far as to order custom Jessie's that have Swiftie on the back instead of Kelce. So if you want to operate like that have at it.

I hope you don't review Shark Shark. Tommy told you it was at least a 7 out of 10. So it would be pointless for you to do a review.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

during football they talked about how there was like a spike of 900k (or some ridiculous number) of Travis Kelce jerseys sold because Taylor Swift is dating him. Going so far as to order custom Jessie's that have Swiftie on the back instead of Kelce.

I bet his momma is very proud.

But yeah, that whole notion of "if you say you don't fangirl over someone, then I don't believe you" is silly.  I've never even felt an increase in excitement at the times I've been near celebs whose work I love, except the times I was near them because of their work (attending a show, or something similar) of course.  Some of us just aren't wired that way.

And even more so, I've never thought of the G4 people as celebrities, even back when they were on the air.  So that's kind of strange.  And I even liked one show that Tommy was in, with some other "straight guy" character.  I just thought he played the moron who always had to have the "wrong" take on things for the sake of entertaining argument.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

But yeah, that whole notion of "if you say you don't fangirl over someone, then I don't believe you" is silly.  I've never even felt an increase in excitement at the times I've been near celebs whose work I love, except the times I was near them because of their work (attending a show, or something similar) of course.  Some of us just aren't wired that way.

And even more so, I've never thought of the G4 people as celebrities, even back when they were on the air.  So that's kind of strange.  And I even liked one show that Tommy was in, with some other "straight guy" character.  I just thought he played the moron who always had to have the "wrong" take on things for the sake of entertaining argument.  

I've had the pleasure of meeting, interviewing, and even hanging out with some of the biggest names (relative to my interests) in the industry, and never fanned out. It's probably a personality thing, as in it's just not in my nature, as is probably the same for some others. That's why it's hard for me to fathom the absolute worship some people have for celebrities like Taylor Swift and certain politicians, but to each their own I guess. Of course, I suppose I'm also not immune to doing some weird celebrity stuff as I did name each of my three daughters after actresses or pop culture characters I liked (of course, my wife used a completely different rationale for settling on the names we did).

In terms of your second point, I always liked Victor Lucas and Electric Playground, and certainly I felt that Tallarico playing the goof/fool worked well in the setting of the show. The key of course was it having the right balance. Without something to ground it, Tallarico's antics would have been intolerable, although I'm sure a younger Tallarico would have killed it as a YouTube personality. By the way, on a side note, I did name our third daughter after a popular actress who got her start on Electric Playground as a silent peripheral demonstrator.

• Like 5

It goes to show you there are those with big, huge egos, bigger than the size of Cleveland*

The way TT had to have everything with his name with big letters on it..."Produced by TT;" "Music by TT" ; "Created by TT"

And the rest of those were credited in teeny-tiny, microscopic font that went so fast you had to slow the replay by 1000%.

*Tiny Toons Joke when Plucky Duck said his ego is the size of Cleveland.

• Like 2