IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

12 hours ago, Radio F Software said:

Just visited Tommy's profile and noticed that he has "no achievements". Uncanny!

tommy.thumb.PNG.6b0ad918e37756ed959f3a02ea59d206.PNG

Also Tommy how dare you disable visitor comments on your profile. Where I come from saying "lmao get rekt" on someone's public profile page for years after they've abandoned the community is a tradition!

I thought he was the first American to post on AA.  Little know fact -- the site was built around a 'boop' that he stole created.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

OMG this got a cackle from me.

“On one hand, the console was supposed to be family friendly and this game is anything but that,” said Daniel Hank, a professor of consumer electronics at UCLA. “But on the other hand, I pre-ordered the Amico and don’t want to say anything that will make it less likely to show up. Can you remove me from this article?”

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Tommy never took the time to congratulate the winner of the auction here:

$2,000+ for something that looks like a basin that you soak your feet in. Signed by Tommy "The Maniac" Tallarico, of course.

Also why was that his last post here? I assumed after what happened with the Amico that his final post would've been the angriest wall of text to end all forum screeds... but no? Dude really just showed up and made 7,000 posts in two years and then bounced?

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 5:11 PM, Flojomojo said:

So do you just go with whatever way the wind blows?

Perhaps you missed my post from a year and a half ago?...like I said: "The wind changed a long time ago." ;)

nick-richards-the-chief-financial-bamboozler-amico.thumb.png.254278af3239fdd9df8bab4291aec335.png

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Wonder if any of the diehards will fail to recognize the satire and be duped, thinking it's a big win for Amico.

I followed Hard Drive for quite a while on Twitter and every few months there'd be an article of theirs that gained traction among people who were clueless to the satire. So there's a chance!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Radio F Software said:

$2,000+ for something that looks like a basin that you soak your feet in. Signed by Tommy "The Maniac" Tallarico, of course.

Also why was that his last post here? I assumed after what happened with the Amico that his final post would've been the angriest wall of text to end all forum screeds... but no? Dude really just showed up and made 7,000 posts in two years and then bounced?

It's only his last post because Al hid the entire subforum that Tommy spent his time in.

15 hours ago, Radio F Software said:

Jesus lmao 😆

Here is a way to read most of it. You are missing a chunk of pages at the end and obviously removed posts. It is fairly complete otherwise.

https://amicoage.neocities.org/

Here's one of my threads.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210522125358/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301105-independent-amico-discussion-thread/#comments

It was pretty stupid how Tommy couldn't handle people having opinions and would have to skreeeeee at any mention of Amico and lie about his data and other made up stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, whenever it's a slow Amico news week, which is most of them these days, you can always liven thing up by picking a random page and seeing what he had to say.

To think that Tommy Tallarico made five times as many posts here in two years as I've done in nearly eighteen, and I spend far too much time on here as it is.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

To think that Tommy Tallarico made five times as many posts here in two years as I've done in nearly eighteen, and I spend far too much time on here as it is.

To me, what's even more shocking is that he still has the "best reputation" ever on AtariAge, although he posted less than most top posters:

Screenshot2024-02-10at21-58-58Leaderboard-AtariAgeForums.thumb.png.16cdb6240c6246880f72c9cf2b0d7725.png

Which means that all the shills kept liking his posts like crazy. 😬

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

He was karma farming by replying to each and every post with his own personal touch. This is the reason the multi-quote feature exists, but he was the golden boy (until he wasn’t) because he was seen as the great brown-and-gold hope for the old Intellivision marque. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

He was karma farming by replying to each and every post with his own personal touch. This is the reason the multi-quote feature exists, but he was the golden boy (until he wasn’t) because he was seen as the great brown-and-gold hope for the old Intellivision marque. 

Heck, I thought they would probably do better than Atari did with their VCS. I think it's a lesson to be learned. Even Atari which is bigger, more recognizable, and has better IPs didn't do well. Intellivision had even less opportunity, but had a smooth talker.

Over time though, it was pretty easy to see there was nothing to that talk. I find it funny that people still buy into it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Heck, I thought they would probably do better than Atari did with their VCS. I think it's a lesson to be learned. Even Atari which is bigger, more recognizable, and has better IPs didn't do well. Intellivision had even less opportunity, but had a smooth talker.

Over time though, it was pretty easy to see there was nothing to that talk. I find it funny that people still buy into it.

This probably isn't the right thread for this, but I think the Atari VCS kinda "flopped" because nobody really knows what it does? Like, Atari did not do a good job at all with the VCS's marketing. I know it has its own library of games you can play and it's possible to load ROMs for other Atari consoles onto it and play them on the VCS... but there's a million ways to emulate/play classic Atari games. Why use the VCS? I dunno, the initial launch video and stuff just confused me and apparently I'm not the only one. Tommy aside the Intellivision Amico at least cleanly declared itself as a new console that plays new games that were being released specifically for it. It made sense.

That said I still want a VCS for collecting purposes.

5 hours ago, Radio F Software said:

Why use the VCS?

5 hours ago, Radio F Software said:

That said I still want a VCS for collecting purposes.

You just answered your own question. Atari fans wanted the VCS and not any mini PC because it has an Atari logo, basically. I'm not denying a lot of them have fun with it now (as they probably would with a mini PC), but there was no way to be sure before getting it.

• Like 5