IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

A conversation today from the Amico Discord:

-Big fan of Tetris here, Very thankful that the Amico team has picked up the torch for fun games. Hoping a similar type game could be in the works, I’m confident that an Amico version would be superior to every other Tetris version.

-You have *no* idea...

-Tommy said they were in talks with the Tetris folks for an exclusive version so hopefully that is still in the works 😀 👍

-Well, Phil is the guy that brought it to the states...

• Haha 5

47 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

A conversation today from the Amico Discord:

-Big fan of Tetris here, Very thankful that the Amico team has picked up the torch for fun games. Hoping a similar type game could be in the works, I’m confident that an Amico version would be superior to every other Tetris version.

-You have *no* idea...

-Tommy said they were in talks with the Tetris folks for an exclusive version so hopefully that is still in the works 😀 👍

-Well, Phil is the guy that brought it to the states...

PoV

Two trolls sit in a chat room, thinking "I really got this guy hooked".

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Yeah it's a sarcastic comment from the r/Intellivision_Amico subreddit, definitely not a serious Amico fan, lol.

So...without having to actually lift a finger and look at subreddits or something... are there actually still people other than TT and Phil or Moustache Whiplash that defend the Amico, think it's going well, think things are ever going to happen with it?  Sounds like there are, but in seriousness... the level of painful, strenuous delusion is outright depressing to be aware of.  But I guess that's what a lot of this thread has become.  Looking at the pics of those "boxed games" which aren't games getting wrapped up for the holiday.  At least it's just a vaporware system and not say, a Jim Jones situation?  But sad in the same sort of way, I would suggest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

So...without having to actually lift a finger and look at subreddits or something... are there actually still people other than TT and Phil or Moustache Whiplash that defend the Amico, think it's going well, think things are ever going to happen with it?  Sounds like there are, but in seriousness... the level of painful, strenuous delusion is outright depressing to be aware of.  But I guess that's what a lot of this thread has become.  Looking at the pics of those "boxed games" which aren't games getting wrapped up for the holiday.  At least it's just a vaporware system and not say, a Jim Jones situation?  But sad in the same sort of way, I would suggest.

There are still a handful of people in the official Discord channel that think things are still happening and that new games are going to be made. One of them in there is hopeful of Brain Duel (a paid port of a free mobile game that has been available since 2014) being released and even said the other day that they're happy to wait until Christmas 2025 for it.

There is no logical explanation for them to still believe in it, so I just assume they'll be there until an official out of business announcement is made. And if there is no announcement, well... they'll probably still be believing in 2030.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Someone actually ordered one as late as May 2023? That's even more troubling than someone actually believing that 2026 release date.

I guess since Amazon UK doesn't charge until something ships, there's no risk for the LOLs.

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2024 at 11:30 PM, frankodragon said:

And you can't forget the screenshot of his HATERS folder.  Him give head lice to a giant panda.  Tommy was MAD when someone would show that shot on other YT channels threatening them with lawsuits if they didn't pull that screenshot off. 

image.png.2826524cfeb0245d5b0b9b24194e80f4.png

Yeah he and his Amicolytes were trying to gather any personal information on us deemed as haters. They were actively trying to dox people, find ex-wives etc. They tried getting kevtris fired from Analogue, which I remember warning a mod about and within like a week @Tommy Tallarico had a meltdown over kevtris just reading the thread! 🤣  He/Them also went after other people's employment.

Screenshot_20210217-140259_YouTube.thumb.jpg.bc0f7155172a7a18aeaba114943b20fa.jpg

I even remember good ole jaybird defending this crackpot. I wouldn't put it past him, if he was feeding them IP adresses, with how adamant he was at defending Tommy and crew. Tommy was looking into lawsuits towards Pat TonyTGD/Frog Tony, and threatened kennyag and his wife with lawsuits too (who were the ones that showed that desktop screenshot). They literally spent time doing background checks and had interns watching social media and gathering information on "haters". They thought TonyTGD had a criminal record because they were a little to racist to realize that there might be multiple people with the same or similar name who are hispanic.

I mean that is where some of that time and $17 million went was to the above stuff. It wasn't to making a console. They were batshit crazy which is why some people, who worked with them, would talk to some of us. There's a reason I know they literally passed up a chance to manufacture in February 2020, why I joke about Amico parts being EOL, why I leaked the broken footage of Safecracer showing the controllers/console were junk, why I joke about them trying to sell the company and being laughed away,  and why I knew @nurmix was a part of a music contest where the winners were suppose to get $500 for being chosen to be in an Amico game (guess what, not all of them received that money!). I heard at one point they were maybe offering $50 and "exposure" for using music or sound effects even.

Speaking of nurmix, I bet his NDA is up now, as the video guy for the controller test video has his NDA up.

18 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Yes there is mrme who has carried water for Tommy as well as some of the regular Intv AAers here. Some even still call Phil a nice guy for running off with people's money. (Psst... Phil was one of the guys, along with Nick and John who continied to follow Tommy despite others in the company wanting to kick Tommy out for running the project below bedrock.)

16 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

There are still a handful of people in the official Discord channel that think things are still happening and that new games are going to be made. One of them in there is hopeful of Brain Duel (a paid port of a free mobile game that has been available since 2014) being released and even said the other day that they're happy to wait until Christmas 2025 for it.

There is no logical explanation for them to still believe in it, so I just assume they'll be there until an official out of business announcement is made. And if there is no announcement, well... they'll probably still be believing in 2030.

@Starpaddler still believes!!!11!1!11

I get being a fan of something. I do not get willingly chosing to be an idiot and ignore reality. But then again maybe it is just my 'School Teacher' brain that has the ability to go deeper on the DOK chart while they are still scratching at the surface hoping to hit Level 1.

DOK.thumb.png.5f3a7f3c049c1b7a9a2853f760d7ce5a.png

I'm, and many others, are deeper than them, and I also consider myself a goofy idiot they took way too seriously.

parappa-discord.gif.3679b8880176fade8a48673e044ac74c.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I don't understand how anyone can think there's even the slightest chance of a console being released. They can't even release ports of decade old mobile games that they've apparently been working on for over five years.

Remember how they put manufacturing controllers this summer on the roadmap? The summer that just passed? That passed without the controllers even being mentioned despite getting a chunk of money from Atari?

Thinking that Tommy, Phil and John etc have been honest and continuing to support/say good things about them takes a crazy enough level of delusion/naivety, but still thinking a console might happen is just another level altogether.

Tommy put it best...

zXGYEnY.gif

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah he and his Amicolytes were trying to gather any personal information on us deemed as haters. They were actively trying to dox people, find ex-wives etc. They tried getting kevtris fired from Analogue, which I remember warning a mod about and within like a week @Tommy Tallarico had a meltdown over kevtris just reading the thread! 🤣  He/Them also went after other people's employment.

Screenshot_20210217-140259_YouTube.thumb.jpg.bc0f7155172a7a18aeaba114943b20fa.jpg

I even remember good ole jaybird defending this crackpot. I wouldn't put it past him, if he was feeding them IP adresses, with how adamant he was at defending Tommy and crew. Tommy was looking into lawsuits towards Pat TonyTGD/Frog Tony, and threatened kennyag and his wife with lawsuits too (who were the ones that showed that desktop screenshot). They literally spent time doing background checks and had interns watching social media and gathering information on "haters". They thought TonyTGD had a criminal record because they were a little to racist to realize that there might be multiple people with the same or similar name who are hispanic.

I mean that is where some of that time and $17 million went was to the above stuff. It wasn't to making a console. They were batshit crazy which is why some people, who worked with them, would talk to some of us. There's a reason I know they literally passed up a chance to manufacture in February 2020, why I joke about Amico parts being EOL, why I leaked the broken footage of Safecracer showing the controllers/console were junk, why I joke about them trying to sell the company and being laughed away,  and why I knew @nurmix was a part of a music contest where the winners were suppose to get $500 for being chosen to be in an Amico game (guess what, not all of them received that money!). I heard at one point they were maybe offering $50 and "exposure" for using music or sound effects even.

Speaking of nurmix, I bet his NDA is up now, as the video guy for the controller test video has his NDA up.

Yes there is mrme who has carried water for Tommy as well as some of the regular Intv AAers here. Some even still call Phil a nice guy for running off with people's money. (Psst... Phil was one of the guys, along with Nick and John who continied to follow Tommy despite others in the company wanting to kick Tommy out for running the project below bedrock.)

@Starpaddler still believes!!!11!1!11

I get being a fan of something. I do not get willingly chosing to be an idiot and ignore reality. But then again maybe it is just my 'School Teacher' brain that has the ability to go deeper on the DOK chart while they are still scratching at the surface hoping to hit Level 1.

DOK.thumb.png.5f3a7f3c049c1b7a9a2853f760d7ce5a.png

I'm, and many others, are deeper than them, and I also consider myself a goofy idiot they took way too seriously.

parappa-discord.gif.3679b8880176fade8a48673e044ac74c.gif

Well, they were goofy idiots themselves.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Thinking that Tommy, Phil and John etc have been honest and continuing to support/say good things about them takes a crazy enough level of delusion/naivety, 

zXGYEnY.gif

Birds of a feather flock together. If they think they are nice and clean just means they are probably shysters themselves.

3 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Well, they were goofy idiots themselves.

That is an insult to us goofy idiots.

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

One reddit post replied that it's just a placeholder date.  Then they'll likely bump the date further and further.  There is no footbath coming out so why don't they  announce a fake date like February 31, 2029?   :P

image.thumb.png.3f6d5b2390ca166a44c5fa15dbcd3eb0.png

Because none of them have a dead relative to desecrate their memory of in the name of getting more money for that date?

I mean, the faithful will definitely believe there is a February 31st of that year if they say there is.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I mean, the faithful will definitely believe there is a February 31st of that year if they say there is.

Sure, that will be announced a year before, actually not such a far fetched idea with the way the climate is rapidly changing. 😝

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Sure, that will be announced a year before, actually not such a far fetched idea with the way the climate is rapidly changing. 😝

They don't believe in climate change as that can't happen to a flat Earth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Actually, if Tommy and Co had announced a February 31th release date as a marketing stunt or something, the shills would be demonstrating right now all around the globe plate to ask for a change of the official calendar.

Nah they would be saying everyone in the world is wrong as they couldn't/wouldn't question Tommy's lies. Trying to convince the world to add February 31st would be admitting that date was a lie. They wouldn't do that.

2 hours ago, kevtris said:

I wonder if 2026 is as late as amazon will let you push the date at one time right now.  that animated running man graphic with the 2020-2025 will need to be updated soon!

Presumably Atari will now own the trademark for the Running Man, so that'll need to be updated too.

• Like 1