IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

23 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

But Tommy promised the fans the brand was in good hands!

They got what they wanted and deserved.

At least we won't have to hear debates as to what is or isn't the real Intellivision like some do with Atari. Intellivision is just dead. Maybe Amico can release on the official date Intellivision became no more? 

• Like 1

Amico Founders Edition refund update from the Curly Moustache Man John Alvarado...

Note: My refund was estimated to be in August, which is now being pushed to November. The same email was also sent to a friend of mine who is still waiting for his 2 Amico pre-orders to be refunded.

Another note: John (support@intellivision.zohodesk.com) never responded to my initial email sent 6 days ago. I sent an email to Bill Fisher (bfisher-sa@intellivision.com) and he immediately replied and said he will mention it to John. Thus, John replied with this:

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I ran into a problem.  As mentioned, I've been working my way through the backlog of unanswered support tickets. Refund requests are added to the queue based on the date of the request (earliest requests go to the front of the queue). Unfortunately, I started going through the backlog from newest to oldest (going backwards in time).

When I found older refund requests, they moved ahead of the ones already in the queue because of their earlier request date. Consequently, your refund estimate is now early November. 😞

In hindsight I should have been going from the oldest tickets to the newest, which I've already started doing. Had I done that from the start, you would not have heard from me for quite a while because there are a lot of old tickets. I have only gotten through a fraction of them.  All my estimates prior to switching strategy are inaccurate because of that mistake. I apologize for that.

I have decided to stop going through the older tickets until the ones already in the queue have been refunded (so as not to push the estimates out further and further).  It is not exactly fair to the people who requested their refund earlier, but it will be less disappointing to the people I've already contacted, such as yourself.

Fortunately, there are not a lot of people I have already contacted (while going backward in time), so it won't make a huge difference to the folks who would otherwise have been ahead of them in line. 

Best regards,
John Alvarado

-------------------------------------------------------------------

btw, RIP James Earl Jones (93)

darth-vader-intellivision-astrosmash.thumb.jpg.a25545117bb41e7e363b3fc0544ab4bc.jpg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

Amico Founders Edition refund update from the Curly Moustache Man John Alvarado...

Note: My refund was estimated to be in August, which is now being pushed to November. The same email was also sent to a friend of mine who is still waiting for his 2 Amico pre-orders to be refunded.

Another note: John (support@intellivision.zohodesk.com) never responded to my initial email sent 6 days ago. I sent an email to Bill Fisher (bfisher-sa@intellivision.com) and he immediately replied and said he will mention it to John. Thus, John replied with this:

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I ran into a problem.  As mentioned, I've been working my way through the backlog of unanswered support tickets. Refund requests are added to the queue based on the date of the request (earliest requests go to the front of the queue). Unfortunately, I started going through the backlog from newest to oldest (going backwards in time).

When I found older refund requests, they moved ahead of the ones already in the queue because of their earlier request date. Consequently, your refund estimate is now early November. 😞

In hindsight I should have been going from the oldest tickets to the newest, which I've already started doing. Had I done that from the start, you would not have heard from me for quite a while because there are a lot of old tickets. I have only gotten through a fraction of them.  All my estimates prior to switching strategy are inaccurate because of that mistake. I apologize for that.

I have decided to stop going through the older tickets until the ones already in the queue have been refunded (so as not to push the estimates out further and further).  It is not exactly fair to the people who requested their refund earlier, but it will be less disappointing to the people I've already contacted, such as yourself.

Fortunately, there are not a lot of people I have already contacted (while going backward in time), so it won't make a huge difference to the folks who would otherwise have been ahead of them in line. 

Best regards,
John Alvarado

What a load of BS.  He basically said there is a list of who is getting refunds and you should have been high on the list.  Even though the people high on the list haven't been refunded, he just can't correct his mistake and send you a refund. He acknowledged he did tell you that would get a refund in August.  Now he's telling you he is not even going to give you an estimate of when you will get your money back. 

Lots of words to say I didn't refund you in August and I don't know when it will happened. Better to have just not sent you anything.

Good thing deposits were 100% refundable at any time.

• Haha 1

The very fact that they have a "queue" at all that they leave people on for months is completely ridiculous. They received money from selling the IPs to BBG and selling the whole Intellivision brand to Atari, just spend a day or two going through all the requests and refund everyone in one go.

It's clear they continue to prioritize paying themselves as much as possible (for doing absolutely nothing) first, while giving those they promised refunds to whatever scraps are left if they ask enough times.

What sleazy people (this is not new information).

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

That's no excuse.  Alvarado must of had some of Tommy rubbed off of him to become quite a scammer.  He's becoming quite the villian.

alvarado_villian.thumb.jpg.3f4d414cf84475ddb8f6ccebb583a530.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

Very very true. Being closer to the front of a line for something that isn't going to happen won't make a huge difference from being closer to the back of the same line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

It's clear they continue to prioritize paying themselves as much as possible (for doing absolutely nothing) first, while giving those they promised refunds to whatever scraps are left if they ask enough times.

Thousands have gone to lawyers. And each of those thousands is 10 less refunds, no?

• Like 1

I did finally get my refund a couple of weeks ago after I sent another follow-up email.  John responded:

"I'm sorry for the delay.  As I worked my way through the backlog, I found a lot of older requests that pushed yours down in the queue.  However, I've finally got to your request and issued your refund.  Your deposit payment of $100 paid on 2020-01-27 has been refunded via PayPal.

Sorry for the unreasonably long delay.

Best regards,
John Alvarado"

It was actually $97.01 after PayPal fees.
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Special Teams said:

I did finally get my refund a couple of weeks ago after I sent another follow-up email.  John responded:

"I'm sorry for the delay.  As I worked my way through the backlog, I found a lot of older requests that pushed yours down in the queue.  However, I've finally got to your request and issued your refund.  Your deposit payment of $100 paid on 2020-01-27 has been refunded via PayPal.

Best regards,
John Alvarado"

Glad you got money back!

So it was 97.01% Refundable at any time (After an Unreasonably Long Delay)

• Haha 5

To be completely honest,  I don't think the true lesson of Amico has anything to do with video games.  It's about recognizing that personality type (The "Tommy",  The Shyster,  The one who always has an answer;   One who lies like a rug)  and making sure you avoid people like that in your life.  Hell,  you may have lost a hundred on this lesson,  but it may save you thousands in the future.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

To be completely honest,  I don't think the true lesson of Amico has anything to do with video games.  It's about recognizing that personality type (The "Tommy",  The Shyster,  The one who always has an answer;   One who lies like a rug)  and making sure you avoid people like that in your life.  Hell,  you may have lost a hundred on this lesson,  but it may save you thousands in the future.

Nobody will learn a damn thing.

The fact that a single person here was fooled by Tommy in the first place after the Mike Kennedy Coleco scam that preceded it is proof positive.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, famicommander said:

The fact that a single person here was fooled by Tommy in the first place after the Mike Kennedy Coleco scam that preceded it is proof positive.

Even worse, is when people call out these bullshit scammers, said people are labelled the bad guys.  Then get blamed for the inevitable product failure.  Time and time again this happens.  I don't even bother calling out such BS any more.  "A fool and his money are soon parted", so I just sit back and watch, secure in the knowledge that I was not ripped off.  I'm long done wasting my breath talking to people that you know won't listen.  They get what they deserve.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Even worse, is when people call out these bullshit scammers, said people are labelled the bad guys.  Then get blamed for the inevitable product failure.  Time and time again this happens.  I don't even bother calling out such BS any more.  "A fool and his money are soon parted", so I just sit back and watch, secure in the knowledge that I was not ripped off.  I'm long done wasting my breath talking to people that you know won't listen.  They get what they deserve.

It's no different than the current avalanche of horrible emulation boxes Atari is crapping out. No matter how many they release, and no matter how much they suck, people will buy every single one of them. And then they will attack anyone who criticizes them, and they'll say next year's version will be better, and then they'll criticize those same people for pointing out the same faults next year.

They didn't even make it 1 year or release 1 official firmware update for the 2600+ (the best of their current devices by far, though that's a low bar considering the putrid Atgames, MyArcade, and Retro Games LTD products out there) before they announced the 7800+, which is apparently a more capable version of the same device for the same price. And instead of being upset at Atari for using them as beta testers, the 2600+ fanbase is lining up to preorder the 7800+.

The worst part of all is that the 7800 is a stationary target. We've known for 40 years how a 7800 is supposed to perform. All Atari had to do was give the right people enough time and enough resources and they could've made a "good" 2600/7800+ from the word go. But they knew they didn't have to bother, because the fanbase will buy literally anything they put out and then attack people who ask reasonable questions.

Edited by famicommander
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 6:46 AM, Special Teams said:

Best regards,
John Alvarado"

I'd email that POS back and ask for the $2.99 dollars owed you. That impotent asshat can take a pay cut for as shitty of a job je does. I wonder if he's got the smell of the inside of Tommy's rectum out of his creepstash yet?

53 minutes ago, famicommander said:

This is true. A bunch of people are lemmings ready to throw away common sense and jump off the nearest cliff. Too bad jaybird was too overzealous in sniffing Tommy's vegan farts. Much like Alvarado I bet he still has that stench on him. It is a great example as to how nostalgia is like a brain deadening drug to those who aren't able to think their way out of a wet paper sack.

32 minutes ago, Stephen said:

HATERS! ALL HATERS! Bahahah I think you should always call out the stupid. Willingly dumb people need to be reminded they are making a conscious decision to not use their brain. I thought a lot of people here at AA were smart enough to use two braincells to see what was going on.

It's just like when the Ataribox diehards got excited over a Converse shoebox playing Atari games thinking it was a prototype! 🤣 

• Haha 2