IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

If it was $150 I think fewer people would have issue with how the games look and them being "bite size".

Bingo.  Another way of saying it they look cheap.  The whole thing looks cheap.  Nothing wrong with cheap.  If this were $150 at the Walgreens or the Dollar General, and I'm in there buying wrapping paper at Christmas with some more overtime money than usual in the pocket... Hey, why not?  If it sucks that bad we can stick it on FB marketplace for $75.  I'll at least get a kick out of Moon Patrol.  $175?  Yeah, maybe.  I'd like to see something actually happening with EWJ or CM, but maybe.

$200?  You know, I haven't bought myself the Wonder Boy collection on Switch because $30 is too much to justify for a handful of musty old rooms.  I know I'd enjoy that, though, and can I really justify over 6x that price to play a handful of mobile games?  I cannot.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Games like Emoji Charades, EK, Ridged Force, Brain Duel, and FF are all ports. That makes roughly 25% of their launch titles available elsewhere. So that makes them less appealing as a buy in if you have those devices they are on.

Yeah, so you're going to go out into the wilds of the internet and select only the most mass appeal, fun-for-the-whole-family, get-everyone-playing indie games and serve them up so we don't have to go looking for them, and this is the first collection you come up with, huh?

I'm not even dunking on the games.  The only one I've played is EK, but it's fun enough game.  Looks good.  Flinging a man through the air and smashing his head into a flaming hoop isn't exactly wholesome, but it is funny not gonna' lie.  Got nothing against the game.

But my wife is never going to play the Evel Knievel game.  My mom won't.  My dad won't.  My brother won't.  My friends won't.  My daughter will be amused by the crashes for 15 minutes and then ask to play the Switch.  You have to be completely deluded to think these games are going to give you Wii 2.0.

53 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If they couldn't deliver quality games then they would have failed, doesn't matter what the price of the console is. They have to deliver quality games, it's a must.

Necessary.  Not sufficient.  The Atari Flashback console has quality games.  That don't make it worth $500.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Well, they can't even deliver a console at this point, let alone quality games.    Why won't they just admit defeat already and cancel the project?  There is no way they can salvage this project at this point given all the issues they have had.   Consoles are still not being manufactured, game development has slowed down it seems on many games, they are running on fumes in regards to resources.  Why keep this Zombie alive?

They have some loans due at the end of the year, so we'll see what happens.  Otherwise they can sit on it as long as they want.  Successful companies have come back from the dead, emerged out of bankruptcy.  It happens.

Edited by mr_me
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Well, they can't even deliver a console at this point, let alone quality games.    Why won't they just admit defeat already and cancel the project?  There is no way they can salvage this project at this point given all the issues they have had.   Consoles are still not being manufactured, game development has slowed down it seems on many games, they are running on fumes in regards to resources.  Why keep this Zombie alive?

I think they want to leave it to die out in the hopes that people will slowly lose interest in it and not want to cover/talk about it anymore. If they put out an official statement saying it's done, then gaming news sites will be writing articles about it, and journalists and everybody else will be given the green light to start in-depth autopsies and reports on everything that happened in the last four years. I've seen Youtubers known for gaming documentaries say they are waiting for it to be officially over before they make a video going in to it.

They couldn't handle single negative articles without threatening to sue or putting out press releases telling them that they were wrong. They absolutely do not want the spotlight covering everything they did, so they would rather go away quietly.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to get into it but there may also exist some, umm, "legal entanglements" that are less likely to occur if Ol' Yeller is just quietly neglected until he dies rather than taken out back and shot, so to speak. Particularly in the realm of any personal guaranties on any debt instruments, whether to directors or otherwise.

I can't competently speak to any of them, of course, but there's definitely some issues that winding up the business in a non-bankruptcy manner will possibly cause, including some liability that could overcome the separateness of a corporate form and limited liability shield.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Not to get into it but there may also exist some, umm, "legal entanglements" that are less likely to occur if Ol' Yeller is just quietly neglected until he dies rather than taken out back and shot, so to speak. Particularly in the realm of any personal guaranties on any debt instruments, whether to directors or otherwise.

I can't competently speak to any of them, of course, but there's definitely some issues that winding up the business in a non-bankruptcy manner will possibly cause, including some liability that could overcome the separateness of a corporate form and limited liability shield.

Your posts alone are quality enough, but the fact you have John Candy as your avatar automatically makes me read what you say in his voice, making your posts that much more entertaining.  

Spaceballs GIFs | Tenor

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Matt_B said:

That sounds to me like he was already planning his next move into the fad diet industry. 😄

Everyone in the world urinates, they only need 1% to be a huge success!

1 hour ago, MrTrust said:

Necessary.  Not sufficient.  The Atari Flashback console has quality games.  That don't make it worth $500.  

Exactly. I think some of the games look okay myself. They just don't look $200 good.

26 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Yeah I see nothing good or any reason for them to kill the project officially. The only thing that does is guarantee that everyone will want their refund, and erases any chance that someone would buy or invest.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matt_B said:

That sounds to me like he was already planning his next move into the fad diet industry. 😄

Remember that Tommy is a vegan, so he doesn't pour milk in his cereals... 😰

7 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

"Curation" for I.E. was literally what ever they could find to put on the Amico with the resources they were working with.  The whole thing with games needing to be a 7/10 rating to make the system was so ridiculous considering Tommy's history of reviewing video games in the past. If he had to review those games on another system I guarantee a lot of them would not get anywhere close to a 7/10 rating from him.  

THIS 💯✖️💯

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I think they want to leave it to die out in the hopes that people will slowly lose interest in it and not want to cover/talk about it anymore. If they put out an official statement saying it's done, then gaming news sites will be writing articles about it, and journalists and everybody else will be given the green light to start in-depth autopsies and reports on everything that happened in the last four years. I've seen Youtubers known for gaming documentaries say they are waiting for it to be officially over before they make a video going in to it.

That's my case, even though it's an article, not a video. 😩

That being said, I'll probably won't wait for the "hard letter to write", but the other problem is almost every week people find new stuff about Tommy and the Amico, so it makes it hard to stop adding things. 😅 Since it starts obviously with a portrait of Tommy, I couldn't do without the Yankee HoF, the Emmy award, the Sonic Team claim, etc. 😋

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

They have some loans due at the end of the year, so we'll see what happens.  Otherwise they can sit on it as long as they want.  Successful companies have come back from the dead, emerged out of bankruptcy.  It happens.

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah I see nothing good or any reason for them to kill the project officially. The only thing that does is guarantee that everyone will want their refund, and erases any chance that someone would buy or invest.

We have been told production started 9 months ago.  I don't know why anyone would want to wait and see what happens or that it will not come out. 

We've been TOLD this, why would anyone doubt it.

image_2022-08-22_064304796.png

Edited by rayik
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

That's my case, even though it's an article, not a video. 😩

That being said, I'll probably won't wait for the "hard letter to write", but the other problem is almost every week people find new stuff about Tommy and the Amico, so it makes it hard to stop adding things. 😅 Since it starts obviously with a portrait of Tommy, I couldn't do without the Yankee HoF, the Emmy award, the Sonic Team claim, etc. 😋

Hehe, no articles of videos should be without those vital pieces of information about Tommy 😆

1 minute ago, rayik said:

We have been told production started 9 months ago.  I don't know why anyone would want to wait and see what happens or that it will not come out.  We've been TOLD this, so it must be true.

image_2022-08-22_064304796.png

The fact that they made that claim should be the absolutely nail in the coffin for anyone believing that they are trustworthy. The fact that certain Youtubers still hang on to every word they say after a lie like that is just crazy to me.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, rayik said:

We have been told production started 9 months ago.  I don't know why anyone would want to wait and see what happens or that it will not come out. 

We've been TOLD this, why would anyone doubt it.

When I said wait and see what happens, I meant that when the loans are due, and some of those loans are from external lenders, they might have to decide to either pay them or file for bankruptcy or bankruptcy protection.  If they can get passed that, they could stay idle for a while longer.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

When I said wait and see what happens, I meant that when the loans are due, and some of those loans are from external lenders, they might have to decide to either pay them or file for bankruptcy or bankruptcy protection.  If they can get passed that, they could stay idle for a while longer.

There is no need for a wait and see attitude.  IE's CEO at the time said the Amico has left pre-production and is NOW IN PRODUCTION.  It's just about to ship as a former IE engineer has stated on the internet that the Amico has passed 3rd party FCC testing.  It's just a matter of some FCC paperwork and here they come.

Edited by rayik
  • Haha 1

For people wondering when it will end, when external loans come due at the end of the year it might trigger some bankruptcy actions.  We'll see.

Their biggest problem might be getting manufacturing costs down and financing.  Nothing to indicate they've solved that.  As has been discussed the production messages towards the end of 2021 don't make sense.  The more recent word from them was only about test units.

13 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

I've seen Youtubers known for gaming documentaries say they are waiting for it to be officially over before they make a video going in to it.

I've seen a few of those too, although one who said that was Slopes.   I'd be surprised if he actually follows up since he gave Tommy a fanboy interview.

23 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

A console that looked good on paper

Turned out just to be some vapor?

O-ONLY ON AMIIIIICO!™️

"Everything we say is true!"

Is just a giant pile of poo?

O-ONLY ON AMIIIIICO!™️

They don't like us much, yes it's true

This gaming console's "not for you!"

O-ONLY ON AMIIIIICO!™️

With every update we change the price

Our bottom line is looking nice

O-ONLY ON AMIIIIICO!™️

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

For people wondering when it will end, when external loans come due at the end of the year it might trigger some bankruptcy actions.  We'll see.

Their biggest problem might be getting manufacturing costs down and financing.  Nothing to indicate they've solved that.  As has been discussed the production messages towards the end of 2021 don't make sense.  The more recent word from them was only about test units.

Nailed It!    Also if they ever go into manufacturing, do they just make enough for the preorders that still exist or wait and see if they can come up with the resources to do a proper manufacturing run?

• Like 1

It's the repetitive nature of their remarks and lack of demonstrable progress that lends itself to distrust subsequent statements.

272 Days Ago: "We've completed our pre-production and started our formal production of Amico consoles - We are focusing on our initial launch units that will ship to our first customers as soon as possible. We hope to have more accurate shipping information by the end of the year."

243 Days Ago: "Our pilot production plastics are in! We will use these plastics for the final verification of mass production tooling setup and processing. They will also be used in our initial run with our contract manufacturer..."

153 Days Ago: "We are in negotiations with potential investors/acquirers. During this process, we continue to push forward with Amico... John Alvarado and friends revealing Amico’s finished packaging and highlighting some unique features of Amico controllers and games."

76 Days Ago: "We have begun a test production run of Amico that includes every aspect of the product including packaging... These units should be completed in the next few weeks."

18 Days Ago: "I can't say anything yet. Phil will be coming out with something in days (not months)." -John Alvarado.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

It's the repetitive nature of their remarks and lack of demonstrable progress that lends itself to distrust subsequent statements.

272 Days Ago: "We've completed our pre-production and started our formal production of Amico consoles - We are focusing on our initial launch units that will ship to our first customers as soon as possible. We hope to have more accurate shipping information by the end of the year."

243 Days Ago: "Our pilot production plastics are in! We will use these plastics for the final verification of mass production tooling setup and processing. They will also be used in our initial run with our contract manufacturer..."

153 Days Ago: "We are in negotiations with potential investors/acquirers. During this process, we continue to push forward with Amico... John Alvarado and friends revealing Amico’s finished packaging and highlighting some unique features of Amico controllers and games."

76 Days Ago: "We have begun a test production run of Amico that includes every aspect of the product including packaging... These units should be completed in the next few weeks."

18 Days Ago: "I can't say anything yet. Phil will be coming out with something in days (not months)." -John Alvarado.

spongebob one eternity later Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

• Haha 8

Well, someone is alive over there because I just FINALLY received my refund from  my VIP deposit. I'm sure the dispute I filed with PayPal last week had everything to do with it. This is just a couple days after I sold the 8 "physical games" so thus ends my Amico drama.  In the end, I only took about a 30 dollar loss on the physical games but wow, what a long and drama filled ride.

It was perfect timing because I bought a Switch on Sunday.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Mik's Arcade said:

Well, someone is alive over there because I just FINALLY received my refund from  my VIP deposit. I'm sure the dispute I filed with PayPal last week had everything to do with it. This is just a couple days after I sold the 8 "physical games" so thus ends my Amico drama.  In the end, I only took about a 30 dollar loss on the physical games but wow, what a long and drama filled ride.

Wow, why'd you buy a totally non-competing product? There's absolutely no overlap and your decision to get a Switch must not have had anything to do with the Amico, since they aren't anywhere in the same universe in consumer's minds.

• Haha 12

3 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Wow, why'd you buy a totally non-competing product? There's absolutely no overlap and your decision to get a Switch must not have had anything to do with the Amico, since they aren't anywhere in the same universe in consumer's minds.

Of course the Switch has nothing to do with the Amico. 

The Switch is a real product.

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Maybe he saw an advert with Jessica Alba in it? 😄

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

Of course the Switch has nothing to do with the Amico. 

The Switch is a real product.

Next you'll be saying that a difference in price between $195 and $229 or $249 actually mattered to you or something equally crazy like how it wasn't, in fact, a miracle that the NES sold like hotcakes.

Sounds like witchcraft to me.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Nailed It!    Also if they ever go into manufacturing, do they just make enough for the preorders that still exist or wait and see if they can come up with the resources to do a proper manufacturing run?

Rumor is they are going to try and get some of the prototypes to DJC and them. That way they can act how awesome it is to continue the facade.

8 hours ago, MattPilz said:

They are on the launchpad!

In all seriousness this is a great example as to how you have to look at the evidence and not what they say. They have given zero reasons for any reasonable person to take them at their word. 

Many just accepted words as evidence vs non-subjective things. Like SEC docs, self reported progress on Fundable, no FCC certs, firmware job openings, etc. 

6 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

Hey now you can post in the Switch forum and tell us about all the porn you find!

• Like 2