IGNORED

ReWind, new demo by NG and Zelax

Philsan

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 5:12 PM, solo/ng said:

yes im going to do that in december +-, stay tuned :)

thats weird. we have routine to detects available banks and after detection the demo uses detected banks. Can you provide more info about the core? Would do some tests later (if possible)

It's by @foft, maybe he also has an idea (I worked on many FPGA cores, but the Atari800 is still a black box for me). The address decoder in question is here:

http://www.64kib.com/redmine/projects/eclairexl/repository/revisions/960/entry/common/a8core/address_decoder.vhdl#L579

What portb bits are you depend on?

• 1 month later...

Well, Solo did already send me a new version of Rewind (two XEX files) for testing and it works fine on my 576k Atari.

But my RAM upgrade has both Compyshop and Rambo banks available in 576k mode (like mega-hz upgrade, tf_hh upgrade, Hias upgrade, Zaxon upgrade and others), whereas U1MB has only Compyshop banks in 576k mode. Since I do not own an Atari with U1MB I could not test it with this upgrade and maybe Solo wants to do some further tests with U1MB and other RAM upgrades before releasing it ?

The unpacked length of the first XEX or part was approx. 400K, packed with Exomizer I got 135K so it fits on a 180k diskside. The unpacked length of the second part / XEX was approx. 200K, packed with Exomizer I got approx. 95K, which also fits on a 180k diskside. The unpacked first part / XEX loads from my AVG cart in approx. 2-3 seconds, the packed version of the same part/XEX takes approx. 2:10 minutes with my 1050 Speedy in normal mode. The second part / XEX did load a little faster...  ;-)

So, stay tuned.

• Thanks 2

On 1/19/2023 at 1:05 AM, MiCV2 said:

Ok December, what year?

Well - I did it - but need to fix one part (its bugged after refactors).  There is pros to that - additionally the demo now has auto compy/rambo detection so its going to work with both RAM expansion. After this weekend going to try finish it and release.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, solo/ng said:

Well - I did it - but need to fix one part (its bugged after refactors).  There is pros to that - additionally the demo now has auto compy/rambo detection so its going to work with both RAM expansion. After this weekend going to try finish it and release.

The last part or pre-last part with parallax scrolling ? There the parallax "jumps" a bit (can be seen at the end of the video), but afaik, this was also the case in the 1MB version and for me it was not important. There are also two scrolling pictures, that show small "stripes" for half a second or less (on emulator and real machine), but again unimportant for me.

rewind_bug.zip

Rewind1.zip Rewind2.zip

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2023 at 4:54 PM, solo/ng said:

Thanks, can't wait.. 😎👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 10:36 AM, Luke210 said:

Demo works fine with AVGcart+beta_firmware :)

Have now also bought the necessary cables for the AVGCART, and activated 1MB memory expansion with the beta firmware. Converted the XEX to ATR and the demo is running now.. Hurrah!
tmp is a god to me 😇 Thanks 👍

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

- Rewind 512kb -

Here is 512k version of the demo Rewind - nonpacked one, packedone and .atr version. Pick you best one.

Automatically detects rambo, compy, syscheck (and few more) RAM type and act accordingly.

In general this version requires 576kb (so any Atari XL/XE + 512kb).

In the package:

RewindA, RewindB       - packed version
RewindAu, RewindBu    - nonpacked version (for rapid data transmission)
.ATR             - .atr version of the demo

Rewind512k.zip

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1