IGNORED

The aka list

On 8/17/2022 at 4:41 PM, Major Havoc 2049 said:

I don't think Another World was ever released as Out of This World in North America for the ST.  It seemed like it was an import title in the US for the ST.  I've never seen Out of This World for the ST anyways back in the day at retail or all these years on eBay. 

It was called Out of This World for the console, PC & Mac versions in the US.  The ST port wasn't released here so it had to be imported from the UK under it's original title.

It's funny how Interplay had to change the name because of the Another World soap opera running at the time, but they named it after a cheesy syndicated sitcom that got canceled a year before the SNES version came out...

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Megalomaniac said:

Wasn't Operation Stealth released in the US as a James Bond tie-in?

Yep!  Sounds like Operation Stealth was too Bond-ish so the American distributors decided to ask permission (buy a license) than to ask for forgivness in the courts.

Edited by MrMaddog

Oh wait, I found out the James Bond version of Operation Stealth wasn't even released for the ST in the States.  I just read this review in Current Notes March 1991 online...

Unfortunately, James Bond: The Stealth Affair will not be repackaged for the ST; only for the Amiga and IBM versions of the game. Interplay did not feel that the ST market in the United States warranted printing up ST version box and disk stickers, and an ST system card for the retitled game. Although Delphine Software developed Stealth on the ST, Interplay rejects the idea of distributing the game in the U. S.

Do not despair. Stealth is available domestically from mail order houses advertizing in this magazine that specialize in importing European ST titles. Other than the cosmetic and name changes mentioned above, Operation Stealth and James Bond: The Stealth Affair [are] identical.

All the importing we ST using Yanks did sure made us into Anglophiles... :)🇬🇧