IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 17 - Game 1 - Stampede

[ Intellivision HSC Season 17 ]

[ Game 1 ]

Stampede

Stampede.jpg.36c51f7c78843602d2e3b3df2b5e47a8.jpg

Stampede by Activision 1982

Climb into the saddle and start ridin! You'll want to practice placing your cowboy in the right position to rope and herd those dogies without letting any get by you --- and to dodge any surprises on the trail. 

stampede.gif.de47504c879208aa220895b44dcb4126.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21615/intellivision/Stampede-1982-Activision.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Stampede

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

22,754 IntyFanMatt 29,507 IntellivisionMaster - SET NEW RECORD +3

Game Settings

GAME 1: SLOW COWS

Game Objective

The object of Stampede is to score as many points as possible, by roping as many dogies as you can, before too many stray behind you. 

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. 

Extra Score Bonus: Get a score of 2,000 pts or more and earn +1 bonus point; Get a score of 4,000 pts or more and earn +2 bonus points; Get a score of 6,000 pts or more and earn +3 bonus points. Get a score of 8,000 pts or more and earn +4 bonus points; Get a score of 10,000 pts or more and earn +5 bonus points. Max-out Extra Score Bonus points earned is +5.  

Season Theme: Fan Favorites. IntyFanMatt / Rickster8 combo choice.

Contest Ends
SUNDAY AUGUST 7TH 11:59:59 PM EASTERN TIME

(FINAL SCORES)

29,507 - IntellivisionMaster - NEW HSC RECORD [+13](+3 SET NEW RECORD)(+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE)(+5 BONUS POINTS)

27,654 - Northcoastgamer [+12](+5 BONUS POINTS)

23,390 - IntyFanMatt [+11](+5 BONUS POINTS)

----------------------------------------------------

21,339 - JacobZu7zu7 [+9](+5 BONUS POINTS)

10,591 - Rickster8 [+8](+5 BONUS POINTS)

5,877 - cmadruga [+7](+2 BONUS POINTS)

4,071 - fakecortex [+6](+2 BONUS POINTS)

3,880 - Lupovax [+5](+1 BONUS POINT)

3,003 - wolfy62 [+4](+1 BONUS POINT)

2,828 - jimblargh [+3](+1 BONUS POINT)

1,989 - crade [+2]

1,638 - gar0u [+1]

1,385 - Player One [+1]

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

Games Won

Sneak Preview:

Q*BERT - Gar0u's choice

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores
  • Like 1

My First Stampede Attempt: I'm gonna take a more laid back approach to the gaming aspect of the HSC this Season. Only going to post a few entries per game, probably not more than 4 or 5. Hoping for more competition, maybe we'll see some new players this go-around? ?‍♂️ We definitely need some fresh blood here.... ??

STAMPEDE - GAME 1 - SLOW COWS - 7,591 POINTS!!! MY PERSONAL GOAL FOR THIS GAME = 10,000 POINTS!!!

STAMPEDE(7591)HSC17.jpg.229aa8384c2538cd732778229d1326af.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 4

YEE-HA!

Round 'em up.  Let's go! 

Welcome to the new season everyone!  With temperatures expected to be 117F in a few days, I'll be largely staying indoors and roping cattle.  Plan to play on my RetroPi arcade or Intellivision ][ with LTO Flash.

Good luck, everyone!

Edited by Rickster8
Spelling
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, gar0u said:

YEE-HA!

Round 'em up.  Let's go! 

Welcome to the new season everyone!  With temperatures expected to be 117F in a few days, I'll be largely staying indoors and roping cattle.  Plan to play on my RetroPi arcade or Intellivision ][ with LTO Flash.

Good luck, everyone!

My game was played using my RetroPi (jzintv emulator), Ultimate Intellivision Flashback..... :) 

• Like 1

14,192 (Game 1 - Slow Cows). Greetings from the Northcoast! First time I've had the INTV out in years. Never have played INTV Stampede but I have played the 2600 version numerous times over the past 40 years. Would love to see this ported to the Colecovision and/or the 5200. Quite possibly the best game in the Activision library.

20220723_113905.jpg

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Northcoastgamer said:

14,192 (Game 1 - Slow Cows). Greetings from the Northcoast! First time I've had the INTV out in years. Never have played INTV Stampede but I have played the 2600 version numerous times over the past 40 years. Would love to see this ported to the Colecovision and/or the 5200. Quite possibly the best game in the Activision library.

20220723_113905.jpg

Welcome to the Inty HSC and incredible score..... This a great Activision game no doubt, but I would put Worm Whomper and Dreadnaught Factor ahead of it.... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Northcoastgamer said:

22,641 (Game 1). Such a simple yet fun game. It's like a roller coaster. The ups of building the Stray Count and the downs of losing them. Over and over........

20220723_205043.jpg

Holy Crap!!! Just missed the HSC Record, but you still have two weeks to beat it..... :P 

• Like 1

Okay I just have to ask because it's been bugging the sh*t outta me with this game forever. I've watched numerous Stampede vids.... How do you know when a black cow is coming as opposed to the white skull? It seems random, but there has to be some rhyme or reason? Players in the vids always seem to know what's coming I never do...... :( 

Edited by Rickster8

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Okay I just have to ask because it's been bugging the sh*t outta me with this game forever. I've watched numerous Stampede vids.... How do you know when a black cow is coming as opposed to the white skull? It seems random, but there has to be some rhyme or reason? Players in the vids always seem to know what's coming I never do...... :( 

It is random, but it always comes after a white skull when you see one. 

15 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

It is random, but it always comes after a white skull when you see one. 

Watch Al's vid. He always seems to be in the right lane for the Black Cow and always seems to know when a white skull is coming. I never know and cannot commit because of that..... :( 

Supposedly the pattern is set for "slow cows".  I try to remember how many cows there are say, before 1,000 points.  Remember when the black cow comes, or if he surprises you, look at your score.  The first black cow always comes out at 61 points for me.

That's my strategy anyway... although I'm not sure I should be giving advice.  ?

• Haha 1

The best way to play is to cut the screen in half. There are four rows of cows top to bottom with row one at the top and row four at the bottom. Work two rows (top or bottom) until a black angus appears, then clear the two rows of white, then the two rows of light brown until the dark red cows appear. All the while herding the other two rows forward as you do this. Once they do work the opposite two rows the same way, vice versa. The black angus cow appears after lassoing the second dark red cow. If you are working the top two rows and and lasso the dark red cow in row one first, then the one in row two, the white skull will spawn in the top row and the black angus in row two. The white skull will appear after getting the first dark red cow, the black angus always after the second red cow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Northcoastgamer said:

26,796 (Game 1). I still had 8 cows in the stray count at 24,000. Around 25-26k things really started getting hectic. What a rush!

20220724_155630.jpg

New Inty HSC Record for Stampede!!! WELL DONE!!! ?

The Twin Galaxies World Record is 29,310 points, just so you know.... :P 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I love playing this on the 2600. I had a really good pattern going last time I played here too, but it's not quite coming back to me yet.

Ropin' dem doggies - 1,683

1284351129_Stampede2022-07-2515_16_01.thumb.png.dd9ff19e0ae5ba61aed780df92794ac7.png

Dogies, not doggies..... :P :P :P

• Haha 1