IGNORED

Assets between nintendo & atari,philips or sony did still remain after unfinilized deals between each other

1,Back in the day when both atari and nintendo ALMOST finalized a deal in wich atari was allowed to distribute the famicom under their brand name in the us,BUT due disaggreements about coleco’s versions of nintendo’s ip’s on  coleco’s adam computer and due atari’s financial problems and the fact that atari would only make little profits from this deal,eventually did ended this deal,BUT atari was still allowed to secure the rights for nintendo’s mariobros to be ported to their gane consoles while nintendo was allowed to port atari’s joust and centipede (milipede) to their nes/famicom system,

2,while philips and nintendo did ALMOST finalized a deal to make philips CDI addon for the snes,BUT once nintendo saw no success in the philips CDI multimedia system,they pullet the plug from the wallet,BUT philips was still allowed to make a few exclusive zelda and mario games for their CDI system,

3,while sony and nintendo did ALMOST finalized a deal to make a snes CD addon,BUT once nintendo realized that in the contract sony would get full control of all the games released for it,nintendo pulled the plug from it ,BUT sony was still allowed to publish som snes games under their brand name (sony inagesoft),even after when nintendo came and went from philips back to sony and decided to team up with both to make a more powerful snes CD addon,BUT due it’s high cost,long developing time,the slowly aging snes in 1993 and the fact that nintendo did saw the failure of their competitor’s CD rom addons,did eventually let nintendo decided to pull the plug from the project (i personally could hardly imagine who in the right mind would ever buy a $299 addon for a $199 aging console in 1994) eventrough it sounded sooo cool on paper.

so while those deals between those company’s did eventually ended up into a fiasco,BUT their assets do still remain in an form or snother???

6F6B5A13-D4A1-4B3F-B63D-2EB68187F5CB.jpeg

DDF023C0-F198-46D3-94B5-4786089BB338.jpeg

83579D40-2974-42CF-9A2B-8277842FB59F.jpeg

Edited by johannesmutlu

Joust and Millipede, you left out Defender II (Stargate.)

I'm not sure about what you said there with Sony, depends what point Nintendo found out those snakes decided to try and stick them with the bill making all the hardware and discs, but leaving Sony with every bit of 100% of the game licensing profits.  The last SNES Sony Imagesoft release was 1994, that would be I think around time they were told to take a walk, but even if it were earlier existing contracts to put out any game in progress likely would have to be honored or be open to a lawsuit.  Considering they both got soured on each other in 1992 somewhat, and later in 1993 they just bailed on playing nice and walked, the fast the eeked out the remaining games over a period into 1994 does make a lot of sense.

I'll say this much, that prototype came to town here some years back, it was fun being able to play the thing, even if it was just using a Super Famicom version of Street Fighter II at the time(benheck hadn't fixed the CD unit yet.) while talking to the old owner too about its background.  Having seen it in the NP more or less years ago, it was like a little micro-dream come true in a way when a kid sees something that just doesn't happen, but then somehow does later.

• Like 2

I also forgot to mention that eventrough sony went go all alone since late 1994 ,but they still did providing their soundchips for the snes untill 1997 when nintendo released the snes mini,

BUG now i do wonder how nintendo would,ve responded if sony Threated nintendo back in 1992 to no longer produce soundchips for the snes if nintendo would brake the deal and cancle it,would those tensions between those company’s had escalate any futher or would nintendo had changed their mind to never cancle the snes CD project at all???

we probably will never know,

also we will never know what the 16bit snes CD addon from 1992 or the later snes 32bit CD addon from 1993 would,ve been a success or not or it could,ve be just a modest success like the famicom disk system along with all it’s mechanicle problems futherwise,but again we will never know.

Licensing deals don't have to be two way.  They all make money for both parties.  There was lots of licensing going on in the 1980s between Japanese and western publishers.

It would have been Warner Atari Inc that licensed Mario Bros as well as Donkey Dong Kong from Nintendo in 1983.  It was HAL Laboratories that licensed Joust and Millipede from Tramiels Atari Corp a few years later.  HAL was more independent of Nintendo in the 1980s.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Actually given what benheck did to totally restore that one known existing prototype, we do have an idea how well the SNES Playstation CD add-on would have done, and seemingly it's perhaps as powerful as the Sega CD, so basically, not so much, really just an extension of the existing hardware.  It would have been basically a mass storage device that could double down on being used for FMV and CD audio tracks for even nicer music.  Given the power of the SNES parts, it would have left the system open to use more of its resources elsewhere.  Not having to waste a lot of memory and channels for the sampled music, the limited space would have allowed for higher quality cleaner sound effect and vocal samples having used the CD to play stage music for instance.  The CD unit had a bit more memory on it both to handle its own processes and a little more, so that would have given a little more RAM to work with perhaps with more sprites, more tiles, whatever that could have been possible I don't know, probably few if any do.  There are a few who have attempted to make some working homebrew for it, maybe there's a video around somewhere of the work or description.  But now that a private investor own the thing, and claims he'll stuff it in some yet to happen museum, it's out of touch and out of reach for the known future.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 7:36 PM, Tanooki said:

Actually given what benheck did to totally restore that one known existing prototype, we do have an idea how well the SNES Playstation CD add-on would have done, and seemingly it's perhaps as powerful as the Sega CD, so basically, not so much, really just an extension of the existing hardware.  It would have been basically a mass storage device that could double down on being used for FMV and CD audio tracks for even nicer music.  Given the power of the SNES parts, it would have left the system open to use more of its resources elsewhere.  Not having to waste a lot of memory and channels for the sampled music, the limited space would have allowed for higher quality cleaner sound effect and vocal samples having used the CD to play stage music for instance.  The CD unit had a bit more memory on it both to handle its own processes and a little more, so that would have given a little more RAM to work with perhaps with more sprites, more tiles, whatever that could have been possible I don't know, probably few if any do.  There are a few who have attempted to make some working homebrew for it, maybe there's a video around somewhere of the work or description.  But now that a private investor own the thing, and claims he'll stuff it in some yet to happen museum, it's out of touch and out of reach for the known future.

heres a link to it so you can watch it

heres another link to show the restores snes playstation,BUT I  dear that there were other prototypes floating around somewhere in a wearhouse or in a landfill waiting to be excavated.

• 3 weeks later...

You know what i don’t like???

eventrough sega & nintendo couldn’t agree with each other about whose gonna be the hero in their planned RPG  game for the gamecube wich was eventually cancled back in 2001,

BUT they still did agree with each other about to allow their mascott in the game “mario & sonic olympic games” (alltrough i don’t think it was a plan B as part of the planned RPG game deal between the 2 companies,in case it will be  scrapped,just to maintain some assets from those plans between the 2 companies,was it?) now whether it was on the wii,wii u,nintendo DS,3DS or the nintendo switch from whether year, i just don’t like it and you wanna know why???

because mario & sonic just don’t belong to each other and it never should,am mean what about next alex kidd & mario,mario & bonk or scrapyard dog & mario on the olympic games???
Becauae in my opinion, it’s BULLSHIT

The bothem line, it can’t be anymore weirder then this☹️🤨👎,

4F906E76-15BA-4580-8917-6F73A5F8E50B.jpeg

• 9 months later...

What i do find very interesting is that eventrough the deal between nintendo & atari just failed at the last moment due ongoing delays and the fact that atari did had financial troubles and the fact that atari wouldn’t make much profit had the deal been made,but we can also assime that the big video game crash played a big role in this fiasco,

maybe if the deal was completed and the famicom was released in the us at december 1983 or early 1984,who knows that it would had a slooow rough start untill obtober 1985 once supermariobros was released in that states sothat the us famicom eventually still would,ve fly off store shelves,

remember the Nintendo 3DS ALMOST just ALMOST flopped untill nintendo dropped the price and also came with a ambassador program 6 month’s later and supermario 3D land 9 month’s later and the 3DS all the sudden flyed off store shelves and all despite most people didn’te care about it’s stereoscopic 3D feature by simply turn it off,but it just magicallyflyed off store shelves,

but here is the thing,despite the nintendo & atari deal failed,they both still created a agreement to use each other’s ip’s for their systems,Nintendo was allowed to port joust and millipede for the nes while atari was allowed to port mario bros to their atari systems and so here we are,am pride of owning both systems and some of both ip’s on those systems,

i highly recomment any atari and nintendo fan doing the same thing😁

983B694F-9501-454F-A90D-E5FC3345CF77.jpeg

On 5/25/2023 at 10:48 AM, johannesmutlu said:

983B694F-9501-454F-A90D-E5FC3345CF77.jpeg

Why do you keep re-posting the same photos from thread to thread? It's getting tiresome and does nothing to add to whatever jibberish you're expecting us to read.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Austin said:

Why do you keep re-posting the same photos from thread to thread? It's getting tiresome and does nothing to add to whatever jibberish you're expecting us to read.

Yes it’s getting old now,that’s for sure and while thile this photo is not the same lile all those previous photos i posted,BUT it does indeed have the same meaning and that’s it.