IGNORED

Wanted: a friend in Europe who can buy a few things on my behalf

jgkspsx

On 8/3/2022 at 4:05 PM, jgkspsx said:

Hi! I have found a couple very rare games on sites that will no longer sell to Americans. Would any of my European friends consider buying them on my behalf? I’d be happy to return the favor or pay you for the trouble.

Just go through "My Germany"... It will probably cost you less in shipping... MyGermany services all of Europe and is a forwarding service. I use them all the time!

https://mygermany.com/

Edited by Wing_Commander

1 hour ago, Wing_Commander said:

Just go through "My Germany"... It will probably cost you less in shipping... MyGermany services all of Europe and is a forwarding service. I use them all the time!

https://mygermany.com/

These companies will not sell to an American even with a German mailing address. One is because of payment processing, the other just won’t return my emails anymore despite historically being very cordial in a seemingly unproblematic purchase ?‍♂️

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

These companies will not sell to an American even with a German mailing address. One is because of payment processing, the other just won’t return my emails anymore despite historically being very cordial in a seemingly unproblematic purchase ?‍♂️

You don't tell them you are an American... They have no idea as long as your address is your MyGermany address. If you are doing a payment process you can also have MyGermany do that for you to! :) .. If you can pay by PayPal I highly doubt the payment process would ever be an issue. Then again, it depends on how their system is setup. I had Ebay sellers explicitly tell me they don't sell to Americans..., yet in the end they end up selling to me lol

Edited by Wing_Commander

21 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I’ve been working on these for a year and six months respectively and have given up on convincing them. Neither uses PayPal. They are tiny old fashioned mom and pop shops.

IC. .. That is a bummer ?  However, it costs a bit, but MyGermany has the option for you to have them go buy it for you. I think that is really your best shot because it is far riskier and more difficult to find someone in Europe to do that for you. Best of luck man!

• Thanks 1

just a heads up, if you do end up trying a package forwarding service do NOT use forward2me, they took an extremely rare mint sealed vintage game i bought and repackaged it in a flimsy paper mailer with no padding/packaging materials and FedEx destroyed the package in shipping by crushing it, it was FedEx's fault for mishandling the package however if forward2me had packaged it properly it would have protected it from damage.

To top it off forward2me avoided responsibility and told me they would file a damaged package claim with FedEx to blame it all on FedEx and asked me for pictures and submitted the claim and then stopped communicating or even responding to me. i have attempted contacting management with them and have gotten no response either, it has been months now and i believe either FedEx refused the claim because it was packaged so poorly or they possibly received the claim amount and kept the money.

Edited by joshua
  • Sad 1

On 8/7/2022 at 3:46 AM, jgkspsx said:

I trust dozens of Europeans AtariAgers, and hopefully likewise.

I would normally do it, assuming of course that you would pay for any expenses up front. I also eyeball some things in other countries which won't ship abroad, so I understand how frustrating this can be. But I'm currently moving out of Europe for a long period of time, so that puts a damper on things.

• Thanks 1