IGNORED

SMB7800?

Ecernosoft

Hello!

I know someone made a post about this quite a while ago. But I was wondering if we could make it a reality?

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you (Or us together) could make or have made Super mario bros on the 7800.

It'd be really nice for me because the 2600 SMB isn't that great, gameplay wise. And while sonic is better, Seeing a 7800 port would be nice.

Just asking...

19 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Hello!

I know someone made a post about this quite a while ago. But I was wondering if we could make it a reality?

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you (Or us together) could make or have made Super mario bros on the 7800.

It'd be really nice for me because the 2600 SMB isn't that great, gameplay wise. And while sonic is better, Seeing a 7800 port would be nice.

Just asking...

There are projects that would fly under the radar or where IP holders turn a blind eye or don't care about homebrew remakes / ports.

Nintendo do not fall into that category and they are notoriously defensive of their IP.

https://www.eurogamer.net/nintendo-takes-down-mario-bros-c64-port-which-took-fan-seven-years-to-make

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

There are projects that would fly under the radar or where IP holders turn a blind eye or don't care about homebrew remakes / ports.

Nintendo do not fall into that category and they are notoriously defensive of their IP.

https://www.eurogamer.net/nintendo-takes-down-mario-bros-c64-port-which-took-fan-seven-years-to-make

True. What about Sonic? Sonic on the 2600, C64, and Amiga? Wow.

41 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

True. What about Sonic? Sonic on the 2600, C64, and Amiga? Wow.

Sega is not like Nintendo with IPS. 

Sonic is not a problem to my knowledge. Atariage Store does have Sega IP games and Albert never received a C & D from Sega unlike Nintendo.

Edited by 8th lutz

7 minutes ago, Traxx said:

It was ported to c64 years ago,the problem will be if to many people start giving major attention then that could bring trouble for you.How about a game that plays like SMB but different characters.

Well, It's why I'm making ICT, not just for the different characters, but unique gameplay too. Also, what about that Pixel-artist's game? Any info on that?

• 3 weeks later...