IGNORED

Anyone playing Ultra Vortek?

Jag64

16 hours ago, Jag64 said:

So just for kicks, I'll try asking the question (in the title) again, since the picture was so distracting to people. Anyone playing Ultra Vortek? The infatuation and obsession with a rough draft throw away mockup image of Buzzsaw is impressive though. Everyone focused on that, except for the cat with the limited "nope" lexicon.

My answer was legit though. I am *not* playing the game *right now*. I have a few dozen consoles and am constantly bouncing around from platform to platform. I'm not sitting here sniffing Jaguar fumes 24/7 like others may.

Regarding the game specifically, I have played Ultra Vortek many times and have completed it many times. I am quite aware of its "quality". That said, I'm not the biggest fan of it. It's the best fighter on the system, but it would be considered average at best on any other mainstream platform. (Side note, I'm a big Primal Rage fan in general and would say the Jaguar version is the best fighter on the system, but it's pretty janky in the gameplay department compared to other versions. UV is at least consistent in what it does.)

FYI, many of us have had our Jags since the '90s and have been a part of the online community since then, so expect some responses to be terse. A lot of these conversations are "been there, done that" for many of us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Austin said:

My answer was legit though. I am *not* playing the game *right now*. I have a few dozen consoles and am constantly bouncing around from platform to platform. I'm not sitting here sniffing Jaguar fumes 24/7 like others may.

Regarding the game specifically, I have played Ultra Vortek many times and have completed it many times. I am quite aware of its "quality". That said, I'm not the biggest fan of it. It's the best fighter on the system, but it would be considered average at best on any other mainstream platform. (Side note, I'm a big Primal Rage fan in general and would say the Jaguar version is the best fighter on the system, but it's pretty janky in the gameplay department compared to other versions. UV is at least consistent in what it does.)

FYI, many of us have had our Jags since the '90s and have been a part of the online community since then, so expect some responses to be terse. A lot of these conversations are "been there, done that" for many of us.

It's no problem. I've had my Jaguars since the 1990s too. I used to visit the billboards, forums, etc (though this was 98-00 when I was online). I guess peoples' involvement in something isn't impressive to me unless they've done something impressive. e.g. Someone can own a NASCAR for 30 years, but if they can't finish a race in the Top 10 after 30 years of racing and bragging, are they an impressive driver? Should I praise all their barely average work? Praising mediocre people makes them think their mediocre work is good, and then they'll never try harder. That's why we've got all these shovelware piles of crap being released now by simpletons that seem to get a chub from getting the 68K to fire, lol. As for the "been there, done that" conversations, it takes a pretty pathetic and tiny little person to want to stop others from having a conversation, just because they had that conversation before. "Gonna be some nice weather today." 'STFU! I talked about the weather yesterday!' That's how fcking stupid that illogical jack*ssery sounds, lol. Not replying is even easier than replying to say you don't want to reply. I can't believe some of the things I have to explain. But yes, not taking the time to say you don't want to reply is WAY less work than just shutting TF up and not replying. That's just free advice that can help everyone in life. :)

*edit* Let me know if that was too direct or harsh for anyone. While I want to be clear, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings - which I clearly do too often by accident. That's clear by the dude cursing and whining with the alien avatar, lol.

As for Primal Rage, you're definitely not alone in feeling it's the best Jaguar fighter. I've seen more than a few people with that opinion. I liked it in the arcade, but it didn't really "do it" for me on the Jaguar CD. Then again, it might be like Tempest 2K (for me); that's a very well-made game that I don't like very much. But it's because I'm not that good at it, lol. Maybe the only reason I liked Ultra Vortek so much is that I was good at that.

Edited by Jag64
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jag64 said:

It's no problem. I've had my Jaguars since the 1990s too. I used to visit the billboards, forums, etc (though this was 98-00 when I was online). I guess peoples' involvement in something isn't impressive to me unless they've done something impressive. e.g. Someone can own a NASCAR for 30 years, but if they can't finish a race in the Top 10 after 30 years of racing and bragging, are they an impressive driver? Should I praise all their barely average work? Praising mediocre people makes them think their mediocre work is good, and then they'll never try harder. That's why we've got all these shovelware piles of crap being released now by simpletons that seem to get a chub from getting the 68K to fire, lol. As for the "been there, done that" conversations, it takes a pretty pathetic and tiny little person to want to stop others from having a conversation, just because they had that conversation before. "Gonna be some nice weather today." 'STFU! I talked about the weather yesterday!' That's how fcking stupid that illogical jack*ssery sounds, lol. Not replying is even easier than replying to say you don't want to reply. I can't believe some of the things I have to explain. But yes, not taking the time to say you don't want to reply is WAY less work than just shutting TF up and not replying. That's just free advice that can help everyone in life. :)

*edit* Let me know if that was too direct or harsh for anyone. While I want to be clear, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings - which I clearly do too often by accident. That's clear by the dude cursing and whining with the alien avatar, lol.

As for Primal Rage, you're definitely not alone in feeling it's the best Jaguar fighter. I've seen more than a few people with that opinion. I liked it in the arcade, but it didn't really "do it" for me on the Jaguar CD. Then again, it might be like Tempest 2K (for me); that's a very well-made game that I don't like very much. But it's because I'm not that good at it, lol. Maybe the only reason I liked Ultra Vortek so much is that I was good at that.

You're about as delusional as they come (not to mention your reading comprehension is garbage). Not even worth it.

• Haha 1

Yeahhhh not the most inviting approach to stirring up conversation.

I haven't played Ultra Vortek, so it would've been cool if there were some comments and opinions about specific things to begin a discussion. There wasn't much to the OP besides the image, so of course people are gonna comment on the image. Nobody's trying to a stop a conversation, because there wasn't any conversation in the first place.

Maybe I'll see what I may offer to conversation in some other thread where people don't have to talk around a bunch of sarcasm and weird, defensive replies.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

Yeahhhh not the most inviting approach to stirring up conversation.

I haven't played Ultra Vortek, so it would've been cool if there were some comments and opinions about specific things to begin a discussion. There wasn't much to the OP besides the image, so of course people are gonna comment on the image. Nobody's trying to a stop a conversation, because there wasn't any conversation in the first place.

Maybe I'll see what I may offer to conversation in some other thread where people don't have to talk around a bunch of sarcasm and weird, defensive replies.

Certainly a shame things seemed to "go off the rails" a bit. And while I'd love to be "Mr. Right," you're 100% correct; I should've provided more of a jumping off point for the conversation. Just posting a question in the title and then putting all the responsibility on everyone else to "carry the convo" isn't very inviting. I just thought the overly sensitive chaps that made snide remarks had the intestinal fortitude to accept some people might reply in kind. That's not sarcasm. A bunch of old farts flicking each others' beans in a circle jerk of posts whining about the OP doesn't add much either. Again, as direct as possible so there's no sarcasm or confusion for the kids whining (and only them).

Back on topic - as it's become the trend that I reply to an off-topic response before trying to steer this ship back into calmer waters. 🤣

It's a shame you haven't played Ultra Vortek. It's not perfect, but what game is? The system unfortunately didn't get to stretch its legs (as has been discussed a million times over). The controls are a huge improvement over Kasumi Ninja. But then again, there are some cats on here that prefer KN over UV. I think it might be similar to Virtua Fighter's "floaty" style of play compared to Tekken's faster combos. Both franchises have their fans and no one is wrong for saying they like the game; tastes vary. 😀 If you get a chance to try it out, it's worth the time - even on the GameDrive. Personally, I think it's a Top 5 retail (93-96) release. But don't let that make you immediately dismiss it, lol.

Edited by Jag64