IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 15 - Round 21 - Up 'n Down

On 8/26/2022 at 8:30 PM, chuckwalla said:

I've had problems running CoolCV on my PC's (using both dual-core and quad-core CPU's; using the built-in Intel-graphics chip and NVIDIA graphics card, etc.) the gameplay is a little choppy and the control has some latency.

Using ColEm, the control and gameplay seem on par with the original hardware.

Seems that CoolCV is the preferred emulator among the community - ColEm just works a little better for me - why? I don't know.

Thanks for the info.  I must admit that I've never had issues with CoolCV in the past, but while playing Up 'n Down on it for this round I noticed occasional horizontal graphical glitching.  Also, when playing Qbiqs I was sure I kept getting lagging on the controller when trying to move to the right.  Never experienced these issues before so I wonder if some recent Windows update has introduced the problems.  BTW - I'm using a quad-core CPU with an Nvidea graphics card.

What I don't like about ColEm is its fundamentally incorrect default palettes (but this can now be user defined so that's good) and poor sound emulation relative to CoolCV.  I'm sure there are still some bugs related to timing issues but can't recall what they are off the top of my head.  That said, I'm going to give it another go.

8 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Thanks for the info.  I must admit that I've never had issues with CoolCV in the past, but while playing Up 'n Down on it for this round I noticed occasional horizontal graphical glitching.  Also, when playing Qbiqs I was sure I kept getting lagging on the controller when trying to move to the right.  Never experienced these issues before so I wonder if some recent Windows update has introduced the problems.  BTW - I'm using a quad-core CPU with an Nvidea graphics card.

What I don't like about ColEm is its fundamentally incorrect default palettes (but this can now be user defined so that's good) and poor sound emulation relative to CoolCV.  I'm sure there are still some bugs related to timing issues but can't recall what they are off the top of my head.  That said, I'm going to give it another go.

Did you try Up n’ Down on your Phoenix? I was getting a weird horizontal screen glitch using it that I have never seen with other games.