IGNORED

C Lion and CC65

Hello,

I have a licence for the Jetbrains software dev package, I mainly use it for Python stuff. However, has anyone here managed to set it up so that I can use CC65 to develop Atari stuff? I am using Notepad++ now which is ok, but more integration and tools would be better.

15 hours ago, danwinslow said:

VS Code works, too.

I never managed to set VSCode to run anything, it seems so complex to create an environment.

I used it initially for the Raspberry Pi Pico which was a long winded pain to install and get running,

now when I run VSCode it won't do anything other than compile the Pico examples :(

It's as clear as mud on how to set it up for anything else

• Confused 1

I just use it to edit files, then use the integrated cmdline terminal to run my scripts. Not sure what else you're trying to set up with it. There are some extensions you can load, such as 'Atari Dev studio' and a few others. Use the extensions search feature and look for 'Atari'. And, we are talking about VSCode, right, not Visual Studio?

Edited by danwinslow
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, danwinslow said:

And, we are talking about VSCode, right, not Visual Studio?

Yes, it is VSCode, I can see what your doing, I might try that, I was trying to fully integrate a build

system into VSCode, but it's a nightmare to change when already set up for something else.

Saying that, Sublime Text 3 once set up is a breeze to use.

• 3 weeks later...

I setup VSCode for CC65 and regular GCC, on Windows.

I've also setup the same but using DevContainers.

And I've setup CC65+gcc on macOS.

Totally not an expert tho...

I have it so I can just Shift-comand-b to run the default build for the project.

I have to say the editor is real easy to start using, but if you want to customize it be prepared to RTFM and Google.

That's equally true of any big IDE (and smaller ones w/ fewer options will always be less setup).

I don't have any problem switching between these workflows because I start them by running command "code ." in the respective project. VS Code then picks up the way I previously configured it for "that" project...