IGNORED

Sega Master System HSC - 2022 Summer Round 7 - Bank Panic

BydoEmpire

538750, round 11
I gotta stop staring at the "radar" so much, I keep getting those surprise redshirts who kick open the door and blast me right after a lady leaves >_<

Next extra life at 900000...Idunno about that one...

Noticed a weird error in the manual...it says no bonus points are awarded for extra money bags past 36, but that's not true, they're worth 200 points each.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dashopepper said:

Turns out the game is a lot more fun when you realize Down is to shoot the left door.

lol, "up" works too, that's what I press.

I was playing the SG-1000 version a bit last night, and it's funny how much closer it is to the arcade. SMS version is still fun to play, but it skimps a lot. I'm guessing they had to get it out under a tight deadline.

I noticed another page of the manual (22) mentions deposited bags being stolen, but I've never seen that happen in the SMS version.

596000, so close...I got trigger happy again >_<

I think I broke the game a couple of times. I had one round where there was a guy waiting at door 6 (the last door I needed), and no one else would approach at all. I almost ran the clock all the way out that round.

I had another round where someone was at door 8 and it wouldn't open :) It wasn't a door I needed, it was just interesting.

"Dave's not here, man."
Or maybe the doorknob fell off.

Edited by Asaki
  • Haha 2

Waiting for Razzie.P to squeeze in that game-winning score, but I think this is my final score for the round, only slightly higher than my previous: 679650 (round 12 I think?)

14 hours ago, Dashopepper said:

Dang. What round?

Edited by Asaki

17 hours ago, Asaki said:

Waiting for Razzie.P to squeeze in that game-winning score,

I did that in some parallel dimension, I'm sure.   Here in this one, though, I couldn't quite get a groove going with this one.  It's like my brain refused to accept that I press up or down to shoot left and commit that to reflex, which caused delayed reactions, which caused real panic in the virtual bank, which led to randomly pressing all buttons and hoping for the best.

Hopefully though, that "shoot everything that moves" mentality should help me and Rambo in the next round.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

It's like my brain refused to accept that I press up or down to shoot left and commit that to reflex, which caused delayed reactions, which caused real panic in the virtual bank, which led to randomly pressing all buttons and hoping for the best.

Yeah, it takes some getting used to. Like I said, it could seriously use a Genesis controller hack...or an arcade-accurate Genesis port :)

I recommend checking out the arcade version, it's one of my favorites.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 10:55 PM, Asaki said:

Dang. What round?

I think it was 12 or 13. The ramp up with robbers seemed pretty impossible at that point.  I would like to see what it would play like at 50hz because I was definitely at the limits of my playing ability at that point. 

I definitely did a lot of shooting the far left door due to controller issues, screwed me up really bad on a really killer run when I accidentally shot a lady in the face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2022 at 2:12 PM, Dashopepper said:

I would like to see what it would play like at 50hz because I was definitely at the limits of my playing ability at that point.

Probably slower :)

As popular as the SMS was in PAL territories, I don't think any games were released there with speed adjustment, were they? Maybe some of the Tec Toy stuff?

I know the monsters are faster in the Japanese Captain Silver, but that wouldn't be a PAL thing...unless they developed the game for PAL territories and then released it in Japan without adjusting for NTSC? That would be kind of weird.