IGNORED

ASMA - Atari Sound Music Archive on asma.atari.org

JAC!

Update

Cooperations with multiple composers are now handled correctly. Each composer is now displayed with his/her unicode name and as separate link. Additionally, variantions of handles used in the SAP files are resolved with a "best effort" approach (here PG vs. PG, PseudoGrafx).

image.thumb.png.c666f6558ea0924649c1f9049572d429.png

Request for your support

I'd really like to present the composer with names correctly spelling in ther native language. So here's a simple attempt: if you know a name, handle, composer or Demozoo ID for a composer, please enter it in this Googlesheet. The columns "First Name Unicode" or "Last Name Unicode" allow using special characters like in "Radek Štěrba".
image.thumb.png.e4c3c97583c9d1a24f94d439afc607a3.png

I'll then take over changes to the DB after verification

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JAC! said:

Request for your support

I'd really like to present the composer with names correctly spelling in ther native language. So here's a simple attempt: if you know a name, handle, composer or Demozoo ID for a composer, please enter it in this Googlesheet. The columns "First Name Unicode" or "Last Name Unicode" allow using special characters like in "Radek Štěrba".
I'll then take over changes to the DB after verification

Added Unicode names for all composers listed from the Czech republic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks to the input from LotekStyle I've manged to include the links to https://demozoo.org/ now on the file level.

image.thumb.png.48d9176490cd4c7696641d02bebde94f.png

They are computed automatically based on the download links of the form "http://asma.atari.org/asma/Composers/Roszkowski_Marek/Potworniki.sap" maintained at Demozoo.

image.thumb.png.759b31c2529e9103a84fcc0a6faab3ea.png

The About dialog lists the Atari 8-bit Demozoo music productions which do not yet have a link or entry at ASMA. Here you can help by maintaining the download link or providing a SAP file.

image.thumb.png.f82ab029ef26c70f59c7a8a68ef26d82.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Project Update

The source code whole website projects has moved to Github: https://github.com/peterdell/asma.atari.org 
There you can create bug reports or enhancement requests and see the detailed changes, too.

Player Update

When you play a song, the URL now includes the song path in the hash part of the URL
This enables sharing and bookmarking links which point directly to song.
It also enabled you to use the browser-back button to return to the previously played song.
Example: https://asma.atari.org/asmadb/asma.html#/Composers/Pesout_Marek/No_Good_Start_The_Dance.sap
Note: Chrome does not allow to start replay until the user performed an action. So you have to press "Play" when the window opens the first time.

Composer Update

Composer names have been fixed and updated with further Unicode names, courtesy of Fox (Thanks!)
The additional input sheets, also the one at Google, have been removed again.
Further change requests can simply be reported here or at Github.

Content Update

Two new TIA Tracker tunes were contributed by Juha Jaakkola.
Fox has updated the CMC songs, which suffered from a bug in the original CMC player.
The latest ZIP and statistics are uploaded, too.

image.thumb.png.13b7fe68bb37cb16f777d39da48dd922.png

• Like 7

• 8 months later...

I didn't realize there was a thread here - is there a way to upload SAP / RMT / XEX files to the database?

I sent some songs in without providing the correct info (play in NTSC instead of PAL), and wanted to fix it without pestering anyone.  Would be great if there was a sandbox we could upload to, and then once reviewed it's put on the database.

Thanks for hosting and maintaining this!!

On 10/26/2023 at 7:29 AM, Beetle said:

Hi there,

just tried to download the asma.zip, but got 404'ed instead.

Is it by fault or intend?

Greetz,

btl

My bad. I uploaded while I was working on some scripts. Fixed.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, rdefabri said:

I didn't realize there was a thread here - is there a way to upload SAP / RMT / XEX files to the database?

I sent some songs in without providing the correct info (play in NTSC instead of PAL), and wanted to fix it without pestering anyone.  Would be great if there was a sandbox we could upload to, and then once reviewed it's put on the database.

Thanks for hosting and maintaining this!!

The database is maintain by the ASMA team and kept in an SVN repository. For uploads/updates it's really the simplest thing to just send it via mail asma@wudsn.com and I'm happy for every request.

Regarding sandbox: You can install ASAP on you local machine or upload local files directly for replay via the "Choose Files" button in the web player. From there you can even edit details, toggle NTSC and submit.

image.thumb.png.4e95323a2ea88d1ddfdbe138ef1cf498.png 

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 1

Note: I found that the documentation still used the old "asma@scene.pl" distribution list in some places. For everything related to the content, the new e-mail distribution list is "asma-team@googlegroups.com"

• Like 1