IGNORED

Want to see It's Conner time! Finished?

Ecernosoft

Hello!

I was thinking about finishing ICT but I don't want to if people aren't intrested in the game enough.

Not to say you wern't, but I did see more attention with other games than ICT. I respect your oppinions! And it is my first 7800 game.

Would you like to have me finish It's Conner time? Let me know!

Thanks for your oppinions.

I'm interested in all homebrew. I wouldn't get discouraged if another game is getting more attention. There's people here who have been propping up the 7800 homebrew community for as long as 15 years. They get attention and respect off of rep alone. I would do it if your passionate about it. If your passionate then it will rub off on the community and they'll see it in your game and get interested. If your just looking for attention or doing it for money or something you'll never be satisfied. 

30 minutes ago, miker said:

Well, why not?

If only playable...

Yeah, you are right. I guess I should and will! I think I'll start designing some levels....

The issue is the way it works. Each stage can only have 16 unique characters. And the way I set it up doesn't help either.

12 minutes ago, Silver Back said:

I'm interested in all homebrew. I wouldn't get discouraged if another game is getting more attention. There's people here who have been propping up the 7800 homebrew community for as long as 15 years. They get attention and respect off of rep alone. I would do it if your passionate about it. If your passionate then it will rub off on the community and they'll see it in your game and get interested. If your just looking for attention or doing it for money or something you'll never be satisfied. 

Yes, that is very true. 

8 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

Would you like to have me finish It's Conner time? Let me know!

The short answer: yes, because I'm interested in seeing the game in a completed state.

The longer answer: not one release has ever been playable on my hardware.  I'm willing to help debug whatever may be causing that to happen, but would like to know if you would be willing to commit to that debugging effort before I involve my time and effort to do so.

Late edit: the 1.41(5)(1) version does actually appear to load and run on the 7800 and Concerto I'm using.  Not sure what changed there, but previous versions did not work.

Also, while I realise that the following is a quote from the final version thread, it does raise a point that needs to be addressed:

On 6/24/2022 at 5:07 PM, Ecernosoft said:

Sadly this will be the final version. (1.44) It has 4 levels and if you want me to show you how to hack it to make it your own game, sure!

Control style is this:

Left button to jump

Right button to throw boomerang/ run

(Correct me if I'm wrong here! 7800 control style is weird, wish they labled buttons)

(I also wish the 7800 documentary told which inpt goes to which button)

Here is the current 1.43 version:Connertime_v1.41 (5) (1).a78( This version fixed collision with bricks) and fixed Turbo despawn glitch

Here is the source code for said version:Connertime_v1.41 (4).a<-- Hit Space to select your level (Button 0) on the title screen.

One request (and it's one that I've made before): please use filenames that correctly reflect the version of the game. 1.41(5)(1) may mean 1.44 in your mind, but for those of us lacking in telepathy it's incredibly difficult to know what exactly it is that a file may contain - particularly when it's referred to as 1.44 in one place in the text, but 1.43 in yet another.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I know the 7800 well enough now that I want to start over.

Each time I do it turns out better than the last. Here was what was going to be ICT:

image.thumb.png.ac504f5637df196e9e0e1e2879c882aa.png; Final version of third

image.thumb.png.0f05f6e58a20a442265791f33670c98a.png; Second revision

AND EVEN THIS:

image.thumb.png.d5cf0278632bf55b095f5d75fc2b94b3.png; Third revision

; But look how much better the final is. Here's an early early early version:

image.thumb.png.a72eef66004f090e212267eed9fbff88.png; This was the first version

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Unfortunately, I know the 7800 well enough now that I want to start over.

Don't sweat it.  That's just part of the learning process.  Sometimes it really is better to start from scratch rather than trying to make something work that in the end won't be what you want it to be.

• Like 1