IGNORED

Tears of the Kingdom

bluejay

2 hours ago, bradhig1 said:

anyone know what to wear in gerudo desert to survive the heat?  I need to go there to beat the desert temple.

When you're heading towards Gerudo:

Spoiler

you'll reach the Kara Kara Bazaar first. Make sure you talk to everyone there, as someone will end up giving you a headband with heat resistance. Also make sure you've got some food with heat resistance cooked up as well. Don't forget, you'll also need cold resistance at night while in Gerudo, so it's best if you've already been to Rito first.

Edited by Sauron
fixed typo
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sauron said:

Reveal hidden contents

you'll reach the Kara Kara Bazaar first. Make sure you talk to everyone there, as someone will end up giving you a headband with heat resistance. Also make sure you've got some food with heat resistance cooked up as well. Don't forget, you'll also need cold resistance at night while in Gerudo, so it's best if you've already been to Rito first.

that's good to know!  i'm doing the Death Mountain stuff (just got to Fire Temple) then I was gonna head down that way.

On 6/1/2023 at 11:08 PM, Sauron said:

Reveal hidden contents

now that i've dorked with this a bit more- do you have any recommendations on how to get into Gerudo Town with the sandstorm being all wacky?  I feel like the first time I attempted it I got turned around and ran out of heat resistance food, so the expedition was a big fail lol

15 hours ago, digdugnate said:

now that i've dorked with this a bit more- do you have any recommendations on how to get into Gerudo Town with the sandstorm being all wacky?  I feel like the first time I attempted it I got turned around and ran out of heat resistance food, so the expedition was a big fail lol

The best way to get there is to glide. If you go up to the very top of the building at Kara Kara Bazaar, you can see where Gerudo Town is over the sandstorm. Alternately, there's a dust devil just outside the main gate facing towards the town that you can catch some air on, but I found it better to just glide from the top of the building. Even though you'll reach the ground well before the town, just continue in a straight line and you can't miss it.

BTW, what's that sword you have in the first pic? I'm a bit further along than you but I haven't encountered it yet.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sauron said:

The best way to get there is to glide. If you go up to the very top of the building at Kara Kara Bazaar, you can see where Gerudo Town is over the sandstorm. Alternately, there's a dust devil just outside the main gate facing towards the town that you can catch some air on, but I found it better to just glide from the top of the building. Even though you'll reach the ground well before the town, just continue in a straight line and you can't miss it.

BTW, what's that sword you have in the first pic? I'm a bit further along than you but I haven't encountered it yet.

It's the Fierce Deity sword.  :)  You have to do the questline for all the Fierce Deity armor pieces and then you go back to the cave where you picked up the first quest and a hidden chamber pops up.  I put the beginning of the quest in spoiler tags below if you're interested.

Spoiler

To kick off the requisite quest, warp to Kisinona Shrine next to Cephla Lake in Eldin Canyon, and head slightly north, around the big boulder blocking your view, until you see the smoke from a fire below.

Once there, you’ll meet the treasure hunters Domidak and Prissen, who are reclining against the cliff wall outside of Cephla Lake Cave. (You may have already met these two elsewhere — they’re searching for the fabled treasure of the famous Misko all across Hyrule.) Speak to them, and they’ll tell you that there are too many chests in the nearby cave, and they can’t figure out which one houses anything more than a Green Rupee. As usual, a Freudian slip will hint that you can feed their dog, who is lounging near their tent, and it will lead you to the correct chest. Feed the canine four apples (there are two on the nearby wooden box, if you’re running low) and the dog will guide you to a dirt-covered chest, inside of which rested the Ember Trousers, which allow for a Hot Weather Attack.

The Ember Trousers are not what we’re here for. Luckily, Domidak and Prissen enter the cave shortly after you’ve opened the chest to begrudgingly congratulate you, open one final chest, and give you a message from Misko himself. This letter will kick off the side quest Misko’s Treasure: The Fierce Deity.

• Thanks 1

I got a fancy hat last night!  Quest details in spoiler text.

Spoiler

This one is in Hateno Village.  You have to do the ENTIRE Cece questline and associated sidequests to finish.  It took me like an hour, lol

20230605_183411.jpg

Edited by digdugnate

11 hours ago, digdugnate said:

It's the Fierce Deity sword.  :)  You have to do the questline for all the Fierce Deity armor pieces and then you go back to the cave where you picked up the first quest and a hidden chamber pops up.  I put the beginning of the quest in spoiler tags below if you're interested.

Reveal hidden contents

To kick off the requisite quest, warp to Kisinona Shrine next to Cephla Lake in Eldin Canyon, and head slightly north, around the big boulder blocking your view, until you see the smoke from a fire below.

Once there, you’ll meet the treasure hunters Domidak and Prissen, who are reclining against the cliff wall outside of Cephla Lake Cave. (You may have already met these two elsewhere — they’re searching for the fabled treasure of the famous Misko all across Hyrule.) Speak to them, and they’ll tell you that there are too many chests in the nearby cave, and they can’t figure out which one houses anything more than a Green Rupee. As usual, a Freudian slip will hint that you can feed their dog, who is lounging near their tent, and it will lead you to the correct chest. Feed the canine four apples (there are two on the nearby wooden box, if you’re running low) and the dog will guide you to a dirt-covered chest, inside of which rested the Ember Trousers, which allow for a Hot Weather Attack.

The Ember Trousers are not what we’re here for. Luckily, Domidak and Prissen enter the cave shortly after you’ve opened the chest to begrudgingly congratulate you, open one final chest, and give you a message from Misko himself. This letter will kick off the side quest Misko’s Treasure: The Fierce Deity.

Ahh yes, ok, that makes sense. I have the quest, just haven't finished it yet. 

Why make a topic on it if you don't like the look of it and you disliked botw?

It's a blast, though I haven't been playing much lately. 80 hours is already a lot of time though, so maybe Ive just had my fill for now lmao.

@bradhig1 Get the master sword and cook A LOT of sundelions, that was enough for me. Maybe an attack up if you'd like.

• Like 1

I raged so hard at the lighning temple boss fight I threw my controller and broke my spacemaster x-7 cart.  The board inside is fine and I put it back together as much as I could.  Rage made worse by anxiety.  I wish my mother wouldn't worry about it but she thinks it could cause a heart attack or something. I hear some many people talking about throwing controllers around here.  All I have to do is go down under the castle and make my way to the final boss and then fight him..  I haven't go down there yet and I started my second row of hearts. 

1 hour ago, bradhig1 said:

I raged so hard at the lighning temple boss fight I threw my controller and broke my spacemaster x-7 cart.  The board inside is fine and I put it back together as much as I could.  Rage made worse by anxiety.  I wish my mother wouldn't worry about it but she thinks it could cause a heart attack or something. I hear some many people talking about throwing controllers around here.  All I have to do is go down under the castle and make my way to the final boss and then fight him..  I haven't go down there yet and I started my second row of hearts. 

Not sure why you're having so much trouble with bosses, I've found them all to be pretty easy just as long as you know how to beat them. And on top of that, most of them seem to boil down to what is pretty much the same pattern: hit weak spot, then wail on them when they're stunned/down/whatever. Are you maximizing your weapons by fusing high damage materials? Have you upgraded your armor? Are you attaching keese eyeballs to arrows when fighting bosses to make sure you're hitting their weak spots accurately? I have a lot more trouble fighting Lynels than I've had with most bosses, and even Lynels aren't that bad just as long as I'm not being retarded when fighting them.

• Like 1

I wish much of that made sense.

I picked it up yesterday for an hour or so having coming off not touched it in a week and a half.  I got that rubber suit, couple towers to the south unlocked too.  Tried to look at the power armor but that stone talus just sucks.  I've got 5hearts +1 stamina piece, that's it.  I could go do the camera in the depths quest or off to one of those four corners.  The game just kind of honestly puts me off it a bit as it seems so paced and vast it's like you don't feel progress being made and I never quite felt that way with the prequel five years ago.  A lot of the so called I guess puzzles in the game just don't click with me, I get stuck, then someone (friend says) you're not trapped just ascend and I'm like ...eh?  Grr...  This game seems to live in using strange logic and out of the box thinking.  The most damage I seem to make is just finding bigger items to hit and putting a rock on it like a skeleton arm or a big sword. ...or if I ever can find a few bomb arrows fixed together.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

I think if I had a single gripe about the game it's that there's a lot to do thrown at you all at once. For someone like me that hyperfocuses on games and then tasks within the games, it can be overwhelming to pick and choose what to do next strategically, especially if it looks like I only have like thirty minutes to an hour to play for my gaming session.

Do I make sure I have 10-12 hearts and a couple of stamina wheels before going to the next Temple?  Do I run around and make sure I have enough junk swords to attach rocks to so I can break the mining nodes?  Do I run around and grab armor sets and do side quests (spoiler: this is what I'm doing, lol)  Do I explore, grab Sky Towers, look around?

That being said, I love the game and for the most part I like the shrine puzzles (there's a few that are a righteous pain in the ass to me).  The greatest challenge in the game isn't necessarily the game itself, the puzzles, or the bosses (which I agree once you figure out a strategy, i don't feel like they're super tough), it's breaking the game into manageable chunks for me.

• Like 2

@digdugnate Bingo, that's my issue right there in that first few sentences.

I didn't touch it for like 10-12 days because I knew there was just too much to do, and I wasn't able to make the time (2+hrs) to do anything since the terrain is so vast, or I feared I was tired enough I'd not make it either.
- Do I find more temples to unlock jumps?  Do I do them too? (So far have like 5-6 found, un-done)
- Do I find more towers and see if I can scale them (grabbed 2 yesterday)
- Do I find those X's on the ground (did rubber suit south)
- Do I go into that pit in the ground with the marker, seems like a time sucking event so I wait.
- Do I go to one of the four directions of the species/peopls of hyrule?  And if so, which one exaclty?? (It's got me so confused I haven't, and it looks like a LOOOOOONG walk.)

I did the long-ish walk to Karariko the previous play before this and that took some time, and part of that was on a horse, which oddly I seem to have lost as whistling isn't working??!?!

It's like the game is competing for reasons for me NOT to play it because I just don't have 2, 3, 5? hours to play in one sitting to make it worth the effort which sucks.  I don't hate the game, but I hate the amount of time needed where it's a put off if I can't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I think if I had a single gripe about the game it's that there's a lot to do thrown at you all at once. For someone like me that hyperfocuses on games and then tasks within the games, it can be overwhelming to pick and choose what to do next strategically, especially if it looks like I only have like thirty minutes to an hour to play for my gaming session.

Do I make sure I have 10-12 hearts and a couple of stamina wheels before going to the next Temple?  Do I run around and make sure I have enough junk swords to attach rocks to so I can break the mining nodes?  Do I run around and grab armor sets and do side quests (spoiler: this is what I'm doing, lol)  Do I explore, grab Sky Towers, look around?

That being said, I love the game and for the most part I like the shrine puzzles (there's a few that are a righteous pain in the ass to me).  The greatest challenge in the game isn't necessarily the game itself, the puzzles, or the bosses (which I agree once you figure out a strategy, i don't feel like they're super tough), it's breaking the game into manageable chunks for me.

I feel the same way and that is what bothers me about the game.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@digdugnate Bingo, that's my issue right there in that first few sentences.

I didn't touch it for like 10-12 days because I knew there was just too much to do, and I wasn't able to make the time (2+hrs) to do anything since the terrain is so vast, or I feared I was tired enough I'd not make it either.
- Do I find more temples to unlock jumps?  Do I do them too? (So far have like 5-6 found, un-done)
- Do I find more towers and see if I can scale them (grabbed 2 yesterday)
- Do I find those X's on the ground (did rubber suit south)
- Do I go into that pit in the ground with the marker, seems like a time sucking event so I wait.
- Do I go to one of the four directions of the species/peopls of hyrule?  And if so, which one exaclty?? (It's got me so confused I haven't, and it looks like a LOOOOOONG walk.)

I did the long-ish walk to Karariko the previous play before this and that took some time, and part of that was on a horse, which oddly I seem to have lost as whistling isn't working??!?!

It's like the game is competing for reasons for me NOT to play it because I just don't have 2, 3, 5? hours to play in one sitting to make it worth the effort which sucks.  I don't hate the game, but I hate the amount of time needed where it's a put off if I can't.

Yeah, that was certainly an issue for me as well. There are some helpful tips I can offer, though. And no, I don't take credit for all of these, as I found some of them looking through Youtube videos.

- Do the four regions in the order mentioned by Purah, which means hitting Rito Village first, then Goron City, etc. You'll find the difficulty scales better that way.

- Tackle some of the side quests, you'll find useful items that way.

- Try to kill enemies instead of avoiding them. You get some pretty useful items that way, and many that you will need if you want to upgrade armor.

- Fusing rocks to sticks or weapons can work well at first for breaking ore and rocks, but once you start getting some hammer-like horns from enemies, you'll find those to be more useful (and longer lasting).

- Speaking of fusing, any bare weapon you get will need to be fused with stronger materials, especially horns from enemies that you've killed. Trust me, the massive jump in damage output will make fights a lot less frustrating.

- If you're short on time, dedicate yourself to working on side quests. After all, there's no hurry. I'm probably closing in to 200 hours in the game and I still haven't beaten it yet, as there's still more stuff that I can do.

- Don't forget you can save anywhere.

- The single biggest time sinks in the game are the temple runs (as in getting to them). Most other side quests can be completed pretty quickly.

- Get used to your powers, including the sages and the abilities that you unlocked throughout the tutorial. You'll find that pretty much any puzzle can be solved with those. Also, most puzzles have multiple ways to solve them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been hunting lightroots in the underworld. Beat a couple of those mazes you have to do on the ground first ,then in the air, and then underground.  I hate it when lightroof are up high.

I bought the headband from the woman at the bazar and I am still taking heat damage in the desert why?