IGNORED

Season 21 Round 2 - Smash TV

asponge

The score disappears pretty fast after game over so be aware.  If you happen to miss it you can start a new game and let the player run out of lives.  The high score will be displayed again briefly.

1088275354_SmashTVCartridge.png.16bcf657052b11aac5b0f34d301bacdd.png 1166703911_SmashTVScreenshot.png.36324c9a178dea6de8687d25d8822b75.png\

Game Rules:
May use one or two controllers.

Manual

Score Post Deadline: Sunday October 2 at 11:59 PM CDT.

AtariAge High Score:

None

Scores as of 10/2:

asponge         4,800,055
Razzie.P        2,031,435
Asaki           1,901,365
mbd39           1,785,090
Punisher5.0       884,535
fakecortex        844,025
Crazy Climber     537,280
RGC               428,950

Season Standings:

Scoreboard.png.886ffef37e112311a17de876a11c7a8c.png

General HSC Season Rules:

• To participate, just post a score to the thread. Anyone can join in at any time.
  • A picture or screenshot is encouraged when posting a score but not required.
  • The season is 15 rounds long.
  • Games will be posted on Sundays and run two weeks through Sunday at 11:59 PM CST.
  • Do not exploit game glitches, take advantage of 1-up loops or intentionally die in order to replay a level.
  • If "point pressing" is not specified in the game rules you should be moving forward in an attempt to complete/loop the game and not "camping" for points.
  • No emulator save states, slow-mo, rewind, etc.
  • No cheats, e.g. Konami code, Game Genie, etc.
  • Turbo controllers are allowed.
  • Season points are awarded according to the following chart:
    1110848006_ScoreChart.png.e4e6c238b16cc1de0a8133d7d8dfa42d.png
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

I think that's enough for today. this game really needs two joysticks like in the arcade. They did an Admirable job porting it to the NES but a standard controller is no substitute for a solid arcade joystick. I never had an NES advantage growing up but would've destroyed this game if i had one BITD

That's how I always felt too. I want a second joystick to try that out!

Akklaim did an admirable job with the port but it is way too easy to die

I love it despite all this however. I just wish they had added a way to use twin joysticks like the arcade

one for movement and one for fire.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this in Retroarch?

Smash T.V. (U) [!]-220921-123051.png

Edited by Frozone212
forgot the score
  • Like 1

image.png.74e8dd6e6dba8d562ba0f630105b6c2e.png

I played with an NES Advantage in my left hand to move and a game pad in my right to shoot.  No hand cramps this time. 

5 hours ago, Frozone212 said:

no diagonal shooting

The game allows diagonal shooting.  Your emulator or controller settings may be jacked. 

• Like 2

I've never played the NES version of this, only Arcade and SNES back in the 90's.  I rented that one a LOT.   I figured this one would kinda stank but I think they did an amazing job with it.

Pretty disappointed though, that I won about a hundred VCRs and not one VHS copy of Roadhouse.  😬   Oh... and 2600" TV.

Smash2031435.jpg.db278be387fd2dcd17ad486aecf70463.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, asponge said:

image.png.74e8dd6e6dba8d562ba0f630105b6c2e.png

I played with an NES Advantage in my left hand to move and a game pad in my right to shoot.  No hand cramps this time. 

The game allows diagonal shooting.  Your emulator or controller settings may be jacked. 

I can go diagonal but the moment i fire, the controls lock to the basic up left right and down. It's annoying

Edited by Frozone212

Haven't played this one in a while, it's pretty impressive as far as SNES ports go.

18 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Holy hand cramp batman. I tried every weird controller I had just for fun, and I think the winners right now are two dogbone controllers (softer d-pads).

I was too lazy to drag out the NES, so I played with two Wiimotes...the d-pads are a little stiff, but it's not too bad.
Not sure if I have a means of using sticks...two nunchucks might be alright, if you could rotate the controls in the emulator (I don't think you can).

Edited by Asaki
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Asaki said:

I was too lazy to drag out the NES, so I played with two Wiimotes...the d-pads are a little stiff, but it's not too bad.
Not sure if I have a means of using sticks...two nunchucks might be alright, if you could rotate the controls in the emulator (I don't think you can).

Two NES controllers totally reminded me of playing Wii! Haha. I could see two nunchucks being cool if it were possible.

• Like 1