IGNORED

I don’t know why this is occurring and how do I stop this

Hi1234

This Atari 2600, I have been given by my grandpa, has a big issue; every single time I turn it on the video is just flickering horizontal lines with the audio being static. I’ve replaced the the plug that plugs into the wall, and I’ve cleaned the game, board, and tried to clean the cartridge slot. I think it might be a chip missing or in the wrong spot, however I’m not sure and I don’t want to open the cartridge slot without know what I’m doing. The game that is currently in the Atari, of the taking of this picture, is Frogger, if that’s any useful information. Any help would be nice. 

B2D3A9DE-660A-49B1-A5DB-68F1EF630FE7.jpeg

• 5 months later...

I would think that if there was a chip missong or in the wrong place it would not work at all.

Are you cartain it is not the display that is at fault, as it could be that either the line or frame timebase is running at the wrong speed so that it is effectively drawing one screen over a very narrow part of the display blanks betweenthe greens are the intervals between frames.

• Like 2